The Walking Dead

I like the story and I like how it takes into account your decisions, but overall, its too slow for me. I guess if it were faster paced, it would only be half an hour. I don't like the "fighting" mechanic. I need more control over my actions.

At least it is a million times better than Jurassic Park.

[quote name='eliter1']This is in the comic universe so I am guessing they use the same type of language as they do in the comic? My 10 year old brother loves the show but I wouldn't let him read the comic for another 2 or 3 years. Can those who played through it comment on the language?[/QUOTE]

It is based on the comic (which is a very good thing) and their is some harsh language but it's not as frequent as it could've been.

I beat it last night and I really enjoyed it. You get a lot of bang for your buck. I can't wait for episode 2.

Was really nice to see some characters from the comics (Hershel and Glenn). Nice to see the story from a different perspective.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that was one thing that actually took me a little by surprise.
I couldn't believe how long some of the kill sequences were. When Lee had to kill his own brother, it was just agonizingly long. Obviously that was the intent, but it was so brilliantly visceral. I love when games have the foresight to do something that makes you think like that.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kept thinking "Really? Still not dead? I can't believe I have to keep chopping at my brother like this; I could have chopped down a redwood by now." :lol:

[quote name='eliter1']This is in the comic universe so I am guessing they use the same type of language as they do in the comic? My 10 year old brother loves the show but I wouldn't let him read the comic for another 2 or 3 years. Can those who played through it comment on the language?[/QUOTE]

Coming from someone who lets their 5 year old watch just about any PG-13 movie sight unseen (because really, what's not PG-13 anymore? Even Real Steel got it) I can definitely say wait until you feel he's mature enough to read the comic before letting him play the game. But that shouldn't stop you from playing it! :)

First part was nuts! So glad they did a good job with this as it is one of my favorite overall franchises! Gonna play through the last two chapters again though because I
saved Doug on accident instead of the girl. I also want to redo the part where the sickly dad is arguing about killing Duck because I opted for him to get punched which I think put some pretty bad blood between us.

As far as the preview of the next episode goes I can't wait to make different choices to see if it drastically changes the outcome!

So I bought this on my brothers console, then redownloaded it onto mine so we both could play. Now I'm running into the problem of my game not being able to be saved. I made it to chapter 5 of episode 1, wasn't quick or accurate enough with a screwdriver and got chomped on. The game took me out to the main menu, and to my horror, I saw no save file. I restarted, played till about chapter 3 or so, then tested out exiting to the menu. Still no save file. What a shitty game ruining bug. Looks like I'm gonna have to take my brothers whole xbox to play this myself now. I'd do it in one sitting, but there's no save to carry into episode 2 this way. Just awful.

[quote name='mrosnwo']So I bought this on my brothers console, then redownloaded it onto mine so we both could play. Now I'm running into the problem of my game not being able to be saved. I made it to chapter 5 of episode 1, wasn't quick or accurate enough with a screwdriver and got chomped on. The game took me out to the main menu, and to my horror, I saw no save file. I restarted, played till about chapter 3 or so, then tested out exiting to the menu. Still no save file. What a shitty game ruining bug. Looks like I'm gonna have to take my brothers whole xbox to play this myself now. I'd do it in one sitting, but there's no save to carry into episode 2 this way. Just awful.[/QUOTE]

A "shitty game ruining bug" that doesn't allow you to rip them off by gamesharing, lol. Riiiight.

I'm surprised that this was allowed to be released with the darkness problem that makes it's hard to see much of anything, which is a shame with all of the great art that it offers.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']A "shitty game ruining bug" that doesn't allow you to rip them off by gamesharing, lol. Riiiight.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't a bug, then why does it allow you to play out the whole entire game? I beat the thing as it is. Saves are just broken, that's what I'm pointing out.

LOL, and I know I probably came off whiny quite a bit, but I've gotten accustomed to this method for 6+ years already. It's just crappy that I grew up borrowing friends/family members copies of games my whole life, and now the industry doesn't believe in it anymore. Digital content blows in this regard.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm surprised that this was allowed to be released with the darkness problem that makes it's hard to see much of anything, which is a shame with all of the great art that it offers.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was a little disappointed in the
drug store
because when looking at the photos on the wall I couldn't see any of the photos...

some choices i made and why
first
duck or sean? i think his name is. i chose sean without hesitation because duck is stupid and ran him over, plus sean saved us so i owe him one.

second
giving irene the gun or not? this one was tricky because she was bitten and i understood why she wanted to do it but i still insisted on not giving her the gun just to show some kind of hope to the group

third
carly or doug? later doug, didnt even think twice about this. carly has a gun and is hell of a shot. the end. sure doug can program any universal remote but id rather have someone with a gun.

some random thoughts
i really like how the story tied everything together. realizing his family owned the drug store i was like damn! then im spending half the game lying through my teeth and ass but not being rude about it to just get carly and angry dad to say they know who iam anyways! my favorite part was sneaking around the parking lot and stealth killing the zombies one at a time it was just so fun. this game had me in the opening moments to when the zombie is in the road and the cop hits him OH SHIT!!! and finally the preview that hints at the choices you made is pretty awesome! ducks mom yelling at me saying i better choose the kids next time and something about me lying
. i want to replay but i kind of dont want to ruin my inital gut reaction playthrough either you know?

There are always workarounds to any game save when you want to do a sidesave:

1. Someone earlier mentioned there are two save slots. (not sure on the details yet)

2. If there's an actual save file separate from the game (I don't like when they don't do that, happens frequently with XBLA games) you can copy it to a different storage device for safekeeping.

3. You can try restarting the game and choosing a different storage device for a new playthough.

4. A failsafe method is to use an alternate gamertag.

MROSNWO: You may have to remove your gamertag entirely from your brother's console in order for things to work properly on yours. Is this the first time you've tried doing that since MS changed the way gamertags are downloaded vs. recovered?

My choices:

First:
Saved Duck without hesitation. His parents had a truck. Herschel was not mobile and had stayed at the farm for years. He'd fortify himself in. I'd rather use up resources and move. Plus, it's a kid.

Second:
Managed to talk things out. Don't need any conflict.

Third:
I didn't let her have the gun. A.) I wouldn't trust anyone else with a gun in this situation, and B.) She was suicidal. I wanted to try to prevent her from offing herself.

Fourth:
Saved the woman. Why? A.) She had a gun. B.) She's a woman. Doug would probably come in handy down the road though.

[quote name='js1']There is some foul language F-bombs and others sprinkled in through the 2 hours. I would be more worried about how intense and intimate the violence is compared to the language.[/QUOTE]

Idk, if you've seen the show then all the violence in the game isn't anything at all... Especially since the style is a bit more cartoony. There is a decent amount of mature language, though.

[quote name='Kerig']There are always workarounds to any game save when you want to do a sidesave:

1. Someone earlier mentioned there are two save slots. (not sure on the details yet)

2. If there's an actual save file separate from the game (I don't like when they don't do that, happens frequently with XBLA games) you can copy it to a different storage device for safekeeping.

3. You can try restarting the game and choosing a different storage device for a new playthough.

4. A failsafe method is to use an alternate gamertag.

MROSNWO: You may have to remove your gamertag entirely from your brother's console in order for things to work properly on yours. Is this the first time you've tried doing that since MS changed the way gamertags are downloaded vs. recovered?[/QUOTE]

When I do the "gameshare" thing, I never download or recover it at all. I simply copy the gamertag to a memory card, then plug it in to his system. I buy the game, then copy it back to my system, redownload, and good to go. The only downside, which doesn't bother me, is I have to be connected to Live to play. When it comes to this game in particular, the problem isn't save slots(to which there are 3), it's that the game never auto saves my progress. I select a save slot and storage device and all that, but not once while playing does the autosave icon appear, and since the game doesn't have any kind of manual save feature, my progress is always lost upon death/quit. Like I said, it's a little weird that if this is in fact a way to block "gamesharing", that they still allow you to play the game all the way through. To me, it could very well be a bug, but one that will probably never be fixed, since it's just hampering people who are cheating the system.

[quote name='mrosnwo']To me, it could very well be a bug, but one that will probably never be fixed, since it's just hampering people who are cheating the system.[/QUOTE]

That was more my point. Calling it a "bug" implies that it's something the developer should fix. When in reality, you're just giving them a good laugh. Really, from their perspective, allowing you to play through the entire game could be considered a "bug".

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That was more my point. Calling it a "bug" implies that it's something the developer should fix. When in reality, you're just giving them a good laugh. Really, from their perspective, allowing you to play through the entire game could be considered a "bug".[/QUOTE]

True, but the problem is, my account paid for this game, so in theory, what they should've done is verified my gamertag at the start of the game, and not the hardware, thus blocking out any tags on the system who didn't actually give them money. Simply renewing the license on my system will fix this issue and block out my brothers, but it's a pain. Basically, consider my last few posts in this thread as a public service announcement. Shipwrecks guide to half-price marketplace content does NOT work on this game.

[quote name='Mixer236']Idk, if you've seen the show then all the violence in the game isn't anything at all... Especially since the style is a bit more cartoony. There is a decent amount of mature language, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was asking if it was okay for a 10 year old. I have a 10yr old son and I won't let him watch the show and he will not play the game.

[quote name='Kerig']Boo! You should buy the things you enjoy the most and show your support, especially with it being a mere 400msp. They could have easily started at 800 and released the rest at 400.[/QUOTE]

why would they do that? If that was the case id avoid on 360 altogether..

[quote name='js1']Yeah he was asking if it was okay for a 10 year old. I have a 10yr old son and I won't let him watch the show and he will not play the game.[/QUOTE]

I know, but he mentioned that said 10 year old had already seen the show. I was just saying that if you've seen the show then the violence in the game is nothing to sneeze at.

In any case, I don't think anyone below the age of about 13 should be playing the game. Then again, most of the 13 year olds you see playing online nowadays use worse language than the show and game combined. :roll:

I bought this on the PS3 and enjoyed it. However I could not finish it because I can not play w/o letting you have the control inverted. Has this been fixed yet or is there any word on if this will be patched to allow inverted controls?

cant wait till ep.2 ep.1 was a great suprise. you'll probably see a disc copy of Walking Dead sometime in fall or winter. Back to the Future and Jurassic Park are on discs so I don't see why not this one too

Words cannot possibly hope to express how much this episode was worth the wait. It's f*cking amazing. If the quality continues they can take all the time they want. I'm dead serious.

Just... holy shit and I'm not even done with it yet.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Words cannot possibly hope to express how much this episode was worth the wait. It's f*cking amazing. If the quality continues they can take all the time they want. I'm dead serious.

Just... holy shit and I'm not even done with it yet.[/QUOTE]

bad ass man. cant wait to get off and play this shit

[quote name='DurbanBrown']bad ass man. cant wait to get off and play this shit[/QUOTE]

I have a whole new level of respect for the impossible choices Rick's character had to make in the TWD universe after playing this episode. They really cranked up everything to ten in this one. I'm completely satisfied but I'm going to refrain from discussing spoilers until more people finish it. I seriously don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

Wow what an episode, it was so intense all the way through. It interesting how evenly split the decisions were amongst all the players. It's gonna be hard waiting for episode 3, I really hope I don't have to wait another 2 months.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Words cannot possibly hope to express how much this episode was worth the wait. It's f*cking amazing. If the quality continues they can take all the time they want. I'm dead serious.

Just... holy shit and I'm not even done with it yet.[/QUOTE]

+1. It was nothing short of phenomenal.

That was an unexpected turn of events from what I saw in the preview at the end of Episode 1. Only one good thing happened
The death of Larry
and everything else was incredibly fucked up,
like the camcorder footage is also quite crazy if you saved Doug
. I'm not sure how they'll top that in the next three episodes.

My only issue was the frequent choppiness in transitions between scenes, so I'd miss a second or two when it switched to something else in all of the craziness in the back half of the episode.

Looking at the major plot point stats:
I'm part of the vast minority that didn't chop David's leg off. 11%
I'm part of the vast majority that let Danny shoot the crazy woman. 89%
I'm part of the majority didn't help Kenny kill Larry. 69%
I'm part of the vast majority that didn't kill the second brother. 82%
I'm part of the minority that didn't take anything from the car. 44%

My choices:

Chopped the guy's leg off.
Let Danny shoot the woman (I regret this)
Did not help Kenny kill Larry
Didn't kill either brother
Took things from the car - after which I had to explain to Clementine that it was okay and that the things were ours now

The one thing that really didn't make sense to me was
distracting the brother by turning off the electricity on the fence so you can get into the back room of the barn. It puts everyone in danger by doing that.. there should've been another way.

It's funny to see how scenes play out if you go back and make a choice. For instance, when
Larry is dying
, I initially chose to
not help Kenny. As I was giving chest compressions, it showed Larry's head burst close up
. When I went back and decided to not do anything,
Kenny did it anyway, but it didn't show it - the camera stayed on Lee and Kenny. When Kenny dropped it, blood flew up

Overall, this was a tremendous improvement over episode one, well worth the wait, and I feel like I ripped the company off by paying $5 for this episode. I would've gladly paid more.

Can't wait for episode three.

I have a quick question. I played up to the part where
they're all sitting down to dinner.
Is it possible to
get to Clementine and stop her before she takes a bite? I was a second or two too late, but I somehow got turned around and started going in the wrong direction when I ran out of the room upstairs after making the grisly discovery. I'm thinking maybe I could have stopped her.

I feel like if that can go differently, I'd replay the whole episode just to get a better result there.

[quote name='Danimal']I have a quick question. I played up to the part where
Is it possible to
get to Clementine and stop her before she takes a bite? I was a second or two too late, but I somehow got turned around and started going in the wrong direction when I ran out of the room upstairs after making the grisly discovery. I'm thinking maybe I could have stopped her.

I feel like if that can go differently, I'd replay the whole episode just to get a better result there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah,
she's freaked out by having eaten it and brings it up a couple of times after that.

[quote name='Danimal']I have a quick question. I played up to the part where
Is it possible to
[/QUOTE]

Yes.
I ran downstairs and shouted "Clementine! No!" and she didn't take a bite

[quote name='Scorch']Yes.
I ran downstairs and shouted "Clementine! No!" and she didn't take a bite
[/QUOTE]OK, thanks. I think I'll just restart the whole episode. Trying to get my wife to sit down and watch me play it anyway since she also loves the show.

[quote name='Danimal']OK, thanks. I think I'll just restart the whole episode. Trying to get my wife to sit down and watch me play it anyway since she also loves the show.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's a pretty huge plot point as the game makes note of it. You can bring up the fact that you prevented her from eating a little later on in a conversation.

I really can't wait until all five parts are out. I'm going to replay the entire game and make all different choices just to see what happens. Or I might just start a new game in a different slot.. my good character and my evil character!

[quote name='Scorch']

I really can't wait until all five parts are out. I'm going to replay the entire game and make all different choices just to see what happens. Or I might just start a new game in a different slot.. my good character and my evil character![/QUOTE]

That is what I have done. After I'm done playing on my moral goody side, I switch to my other save and play the I kill you and don't care what happens to you guy. It's fun seeing how the dif choices you make can really mess with the group as a whole.

just finished ep 2 and wow what an amazing and fucked up ep lol im loving this game so much, i know its early but i really hope they do another season of this game. i watched the first season of the TV series and just started Compendium One and im fully into this whole universe.

now some spoiler stuff for ep 2
i Cut davids leg off
i let danny shoot jolene
stopped clem from eating
helped lily with larry [as much as i hated trying to help the bastard]
killed danny [didnt feel bad either he tried killing us]
spared andy let the damn walkers get him
took the food from the car

some additional thoughts
i thought i was being fair to kenny but he seems to be holding a huge grudge on me now, whatever i guess. im happy larry bit the dust. i honestly didnt see the whole "we're eating people!!" thing coming at all i was like WTF!!!!!

great ep.

One thing that no one has mentioned is
who they gave food to.

I gave food to Duck, Clementine, Larry and the other guy working on the fence.

[quote name='Scorch']One thing that no one has mentioned is
who they gave food to.

I gave food to Duck, Clementine, Larry and the other guy working on the fence.
[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
I tried giving it to Kenny first and he refused unless I gave it to his son first and then the dialogue option to give Kenny food went away, and I tried giving it to the reporter chick and she refused.

bread's done
Back