The Walking Dead

i gave food to

first thing first Clem
then i fed Duck
so then i attempted to feed carly but she refused so
i gave food to kenny

leaving me with 1 last piece so i tried kennys wife and she said nope. tried lily and she said go offer larry the food, so i was like yeah right kiss my assssss so i just said screw it gave the last piece to mark rest his soul.

[quote name='Scorch']One thing that no one has mentioned is
who they gave food to.

I gave food to Duck, Clementine, Larry and the other guy working on the fence.
[/QUOTE]Same here.

Super annoyed by the choppiness of the episode, other than that though it was freakin' amazing!

My choices:
- Gave food to Clementine, Duck, Mark & Lilly.
- Cut off the guys leg.
- Danny shot the crazy chick, not me.
- I didn't stop Clem from eating the meat.
- Didn't kill Larry.
- Killed Danny.
- Spared Andy.
- Left the food.

Someone mentioned something about the video footage if you had Doug? What is it? I got batteries from the abandoned car and saw the footage, is it any different?

WOW! Enjoyed episode 2 so much. I hated the choppiness in the cutscenes hopefully they can fix that in the other episodes.

I pray that's true. Episode Two was well worth the wait but avoiding another 2-3 month information blackout is always appreciated.

Telltale will release the first five episodes of its The Walking Dead adventure games in North American retail outlets following the final episode's digital launch, the developer confirmed to Polygon today.

Telltale also confirmed that the five-episode series would not be the only games set in the Walking Dead universe that the studio plans on creating.

"We believe there is no better company than Telltale to bring complex narrative IP to interactive entertainment," senior vice president of marketing Steve Allison said in a statement to Polygon. "Our first episodic game series based on The Walking Dead has sold nearly 1.7 million episodes to consumers in just our first 8 weeks with no signs of slowing down. We have three more episodes to go with Episode 3 targeted for August as we confirmed yesterday.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

Allison also commented on the Activision-published shooter set in the Walking Dead universe, announced earlier today.

"Regarding today's announcement of a project based [on] the AMC TV series coming in 2013," Allison said, "as huge fans of the franchise and the show, we're looking forward to seeing Terminal Reality's game when it comes out."
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/6/3141748/telltale-walking-dead-season-two

Perfect for those like myself who were waiting out on a disc. I can't bear waiting a month plus between episodes so I just waited it out.

Just bought and played both episodes last night. Amazing, although I had some pretty bad pausing and lagging in episode two. I gave the food to
Clem, Duck, Lilly, and Carly (women and children)

Wow, episode 2 was great. I did experience quite a bit of choppiness, however the story was amazing and much darker than episode 1. I decided I was tired of people's shit, and if I had the chance I killed them off. Stoked for episode 3.

[quote name='gepet0']I saw this for 15 bucks for the pc is it worth it? How much is it on xbox?[/QUOTE]

Defiantly worth it.

[quote name='gepet0']I saw this for 15 bucks for the pc is it worth it? How much is it on xbox?[/QUOTE]

That's the cheapest it's been anywhere. PS3 Season Pass is $19.99

Ok, I just finally played episode 2 yesterday, even though I bought it on release day, and all I can say is...wow....just...wow. What a GREAT game this is. Episode one was great, but episode two totally sucked me in. The story was amazing. I did notice chopiness as well, but it didn't really take away from the experience too badly. I can't wait for episode 3!

[quote name='8bitArtist']episode 3 is coming out tomorrow (the 29th) for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Quality news!

My distribution choice:
Clementine, Duck, Carley and Mark.

I don't know why everyone is giving food to Larry trying to win him over. Piece of crap was trying to kill you last episode and deserves a chair to the face. I read through some spoilers and found out that Mark ends up dead.....so essentially I wasted food on him.

This is my XBLA Game of Forever. It's completely unf*ckwitable. Flawless.

The Best:
"...Our cat is going to be PISSED."
The Good:
I'm not finished with it yet.
The Bad:
I can't make heads or tails how I feel about Kenny now. Just... damn.
The Ugly:
I killed Carley. My body... it just wasn't ready. I didn't know! My bad Lee. She was gonna serve that ass up on a silver platter to him too, but I'm honestly surprised my favorite lasted that long. Ugh.
The Horrendous:
Ben will die a horrible death. End of discussion. I will make it happen and it will be glorious.

Downloaded Episode 3 this afternoon. Will be up playing it tonight when I get out of work.

Episode 2 was pretty badass.

Downloaded Episode 3 this morning, but didn't have time to play it. Can't wait to play it tomorrow morning after I get home from work.

Wow . . . that was one of the most gut wrenching moments in video game history for me to date. I'm still upset. I'm not going to give any spoilers . . . but fuck . . .

:( :( :( :( :( :(

[quote name='Fearia']Wow . . . that was one of the most gut wrenching moments in video game history for me to date. I'm still upset. I'm not going to give any spoilers . . . but fuck . . .

:( :( :( :( :( :([/QUOTE]

Which part?

Holeeee shit. That was so brutal, so punishing, that I'm honestly not sure whether I want to put myself through any more of it. I mean, I know that means the game did its job and I commend the writers. I just don't know. I'm still upset about it.

Carley's sudden death was probably the most shocking and horrifying thing I've seen in a video game. (She was my favorite character in the group too.) I wished I could have killed Lilly (and Ben later) myself. And the whole situation with Duck and Katjaa, I don't even know. Christ. I can't even imagine how they plan to escalate things from the emotional wringer of Episode 3.

[quote name='Gamehead']Is the game performance terrible for anyone else? The framerate is just awful at some points.[/QUOTE]
Episodes 1 and 2 had a few hiccups here and there, but episode 3 was just ridden with bugs from start to finish. Massive framerate drops at times and at two points, the game completely froze and I had to quit and restart it.

[quote name='Tsel']Episodes 1 and 2 had a few hiccups here and there, but episode 3 was just ridden with bugs from start to finish. Massive framerate drops at times and at two points, the game completely froze and I had to quit and restart it.[/QUOTE]
For me at least, the framerate problems were much worse in Episode 2 than 1 or 3. Episode 2 just sputtered and lagged the entire time for me. Episode 3 was a big improvement. Seems like it's pretty YMMV though.

The only glitch I ran into in 3 was when I first started playing, it loaded Episode 1 instead of Episode 3, which I had selected. I was terrified that my save had been erased or something! But I just quit out and it worked fine on the second try.

Besides Silent Hill 2 and Red Dead Redemption.....there hasn't been any games that get me so emotionally attached. Episode 3 was rough from start to finish.

Beat this last night. Damn I love this game. It's 100x better than the TV show. Episode 4 couldn't come out sooner. I ended up
saving Doug in Episode 1 so I guess Carley shares the same fate of getting shot by Lily.
Nier was the last game that got me emotionaly attached to the charcters. I remember being very skeptical when I heard Telltale was handleing this. I'll never doubt you again.

Yep. Unfortunately...
Carley/Doug, Kat and Duck's deaths are all canon. It's a damn shame but (excuse my British) bloody brilliant writing in general.

For those who completed the 3 episodes so far, have you replayed any of the episodes (with different decisions) or are you gonna wait until all are released?

I thought
Carely was going to end up being the "love intrest" but I guess that's not the case. If I would've known Duck was going to die I would have taken the cheese and crackers for myself. Oh well, I gave him his last meal.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']For those who completed the 3 episodes so far, have you replayed any of the episodes (with different decisions) or are you gonna wait until all are released?[/QUOTE]
No, I'm playing it all the way through and committing to my decisions and outcomes. Although I did go online after finishing Episode 3 to see if it was possible to
save Carley, and I would have been strongly tempted to replay if there had been.

Episode 3 question:
So, honestly, who was emotionally attached to Carley *before* episode 3? I mean, truly emotionally attached? It seemed that in true Walking Dead fashion, they laid it on really heavy right before killing her. I'm not saying that I didn't like her before, but it was foreshadowed a bit in the style of the comics that she'd go. I definitely didn't expect it to be in that fashion though!

I am playing first on 360, and I have started episode 1 on PS3 since ep 1&2 are free for PSN+. I will probably get the rest of the episodes eventually for PS3.

I have seen people about how Carly or whatever her name was very emotional seeing her die. I saved Doug and I thought he was the one that stole the stuff, and I didnt like his character. I am going to save her in my game started on ps3.

She was my second favorite character to Clem so I suppose that counts, but I knew in order for her to survive every episode a miracle was necessary. Between watching the show and my love of GantZ manga (before Oku screwed it up with the Nuri the Nearly Invincible 100 Point Piece of Shit, the underwhelming Osaka arc and the current Deus Ex Machina Mechathon BS we're dealing with...) I knew better than to grow too attached to any character in this sort of fiction.

Regardless my jaw still dropped when it happened. It's not like Telltale gave the player the opportunity to grieve given the circumstances so the gravity of the situation wore off quickly. I still miss her though and feel horrible for Lee since he'll potentially be left lonesome if Clem's parents are alive.

At this point I'm convinced Lee won't survive the end of this season or the next if there is one... so I'm fully prepared for Clem to have to shoot him at some point before then.

[quote name='Fearia']Episode 3 question:
So, honestly, who was emotionally attached to Carley *before* episode 3? I mean, truly emotionally attached? It seemed that in true Walking Dead fashion, they laid it on really heavy right before killing her. I'm not saying that I didn't like her before, but it was foreshadowed a bit in the style of the comics that she'd go. I definitely didn't expect it to be in that fashion though!
[/QUOTE]

yea i was a little shocked when i first saw this... didnt notice it much in ep2

Holy hell this game is awesome!!!! I want more lol. I rarely play games a 2nd time but knowing what I did on the 360 version I will download it on PS Plus for free and play the first 2 episodes again. I am sure I screwed up in a few spots and cause peoples lives but my Lee version 2 is going to be an asshole to all who I feel deserve it!

sadly, your choices really dont matter. no matter how you play (nice, asshole, neutral) the same people will die no matter what. kinda lame in that respect.

[quote name='8bitArtist']sadly, your choices really dont matter. no matter how you play (nice, asshole, neutral) the same people will die no matter what. kinda lame in that respect.[/QUOTE]

There is usually a choice between people in some instances. Also, we don't know how any of this might effect the end of the story.

damn i want to play ep 3 so bad but unfortunately i bought it on PC which means the game crashes on the opening screen so i dont even get a chance to download ep 3 or even play any episodes. telltale support is non exsistant so im just hoping one of the many people on the official fourms with the same problem will eventually find a fix for this.

the same thing happened to me when it was time for ep2 but i dont remember how i got past it and i feel for most of the people whos save files get lost.

[quote name='Blade3D']There is usually a choice between people in some instances. Also, we don't know how any of this might effect the end of the story.[/QUOTE]

no thats what im talking about though. for instance in episode 1
with duck and hershels son, if you save hershels son, he still dies and duck lives. if you save duck, hershels son still dies. so really the choice is pretty irrevelant. same thing in episode 3, whoever you saved in episode 2, whether it is carly or doug, they will both die at the same scene no matter what choices you choose.

point being if you choose to not kill someone, another character in the game will or if a character dies, theres basically nothing you could have done to save that character.

i get why telltale is doing this. having the story branch out too much would be a ton of work and they cant even get these out on time like they said they would the way it is (thinking episode 4 will come out in sept and 5 in october is a damn long shot). so in order to keep the story simpler for them, they are just going to completely cut off branches of the story no matter what.

bread's done
Back