Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
According to several websites the elite subscription service will be free on the Wii u on black ops 2 meaning free dlc... more info is coming soon... activision did state they will do there best to bring the four content packs to the Wii u plus some possibly exclusive features and content... which is why they said earlier that not all content will be available on all platforms as it appears the Wii u is getting more... im on my phone and cp isn't working right but a quick google search will show the discussions are going on now.

^ unless I'm missing something, it was announced days ago that elite is now free for everyone on all systems-minus the dlc, they are now selling a season pass for all dlc

[quote name='greenwolfe7']According to several websites the elite subscription service will be free on the Wii u on black ops 2 meaning free dlc... more info is coming soon... activision did state they will do there best to bring the four content packs to the Wii u plus some possibly exclusive features and content... which is why they said earlier that not all content will be available on all platforms as it appears the Wii u is getting more... im on my phone and cp isn't working right but a quick google search will show the discussions are going on now.[/QUOTE]

elite will be free, however DLC wont be.

[quote name='juanawoman']Risky? How? You can just return it. LOL.

I honestly would be happy making even 20 or 30 dollars off each Wii U. Setting expectations low to allow myself to be excited if I end up getting a large sum.[/QUOTE]

20-30 in exchange for being ripped off by ebayers for $350. That sounds like a bad deal to me.

[quote name='avatar12']elite will be free, however DLC wont be.[/QUOTE]

Elite is something different apparently now yes but the Wii item referee to is a season pass and is separate from elite. Sry for the confusion.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']According to several websites the elite subscription service will be free on the Wii u on black ops 2 meaning free dlc... more info is coming soon... activision did state they will do there best to bring the four content packs to the Wii u plus some possibly exclusive features and content... which is why they said earlier that not all content will be available on all platforms as it appears the Wii u is getting more... im on my phone and cp isn't working right but a quick google search will show the discussions are going on now.[/QUOTE]

Elite and DLC isn't the same thing, I think you're getting things mixed up here, and there is no exclusives at all for the Wii U.

Elite is the stat tracking service, which has always been free, don't why they are touting it that way now.

The DLC now comes in a form of Season Pass, which was called Premium Elite in the previous title, MW3. You can still buy those 4 map packs separately though

and Activision already said the Wii U will not be supported by Elite. Sure, they said they want to wager their options as to how they will bring that about later on after release. but the same thing was said about the PC version of Elite and nothing has ever come about that either, a year and a half later. I'm sure it is just a way of saying it will never be available, probably for a future title.

The DLC could still come, that shouldnt be too hard to bring out, but at this point, that isn't going to available either. Activision is woking with Nintendo to make DLC available. No exclusives though.

I'm still getting it for the 360 first, since all my friends will do that as well but all these minuses don't steer me away from the title on the Wii U. I've always hated split-screen, it is so intrusive for me that I don't enjoy it after a certain point. The Gamepad handling split screen more than makes up for everything else. The Vita will get a horrible COD title (Almost guaranteed) and I wanted to play a quality COD title on a portable device (at home) and the Wii U will also provide that. Hopefully more Developers implement similar ideas of splitscreen into their games.

[quote name='ral1121']Elite is the stat tracking service, which has always been free, don't why they are touting it that way now.[/QUOTE]

Originally only a portion of the services provided by Elite were free. I believe that now that the DLC is separate all the other Elite features that were behind a paywall are now free for everyone.

[quote name='confoosious']20-30 in exchange for being ripped off by ebayers for $350. That sounds like a bad deal to me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I was eBaying for sure. Leaning towards Craigslist now.

To those people talking about labels for people wii U's. Does best buy do this? I remember they did it for batman arkham city but not for borderlands 2.

I went into layaway today to pay off everything except for $20. They reconfirmed some information for me. My Walmart normally closes at midnight but they are staying open and having a midnight launch, the system will stop taking orders after the store sells all of its consoles, the system knows the order they were sold in, systems will be locked away with your information on them until you pick it up, if you got a layaway in you are guaranteed your systems. I never saw a label printed out either but I am not concerned about it.

When I went in I forgot my receipt so they pulled out a manila folder with all the presale receipts in it to find mine. They are all kept separate from other layaways and it looked like maybe 15 or so receipts at my store.

So i hadn't read the thing about leaving at least one penny on the layaway and the woman behind the counter never mentioned it. I had initially only paid 200 bucks or so but then i went back and paid the full thing off, what are the chances that comes back to bite me in the ass ?

Got a receipt that says account closed and the woman wrote "Paid in Full" across the top stapled to the original super long receipt.

[quote name='Fardev']So i hadn't read the thing about leaving at least one penny on the layaway and the woman behind the counter never mentioned it. I had initially only paid 200 bucks or so but then i went back and paid the full thing off, what are the chances that comes back to bite me in the ass ?

Got a receipt that says account closed and the woman wrote "Paid in Full" across the top stapled to the original super long receipt.[/QUOTE]

I'd go back and make sure or call. The official memo specifically says a $0.01 is required to be left on the layaway account. I'm assuming you need to have an active open layaway account come release time.

^^^

Yeah I guess maybe i should, though i am not looking forward to talking with them again, haha.

I am still having a hard time seeing a scenario where if i show up on the 18th at the time the store opens with the receipt, where they won't give it to me, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

^ 100+ preorders? Damn.

I got two. One to keep and one to sell and hopefully help cover the cost of the one I am keeping.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't know why everyone keeps stressing out over these labels. #6 on the memo specifically states that the label is supposed to go into a reservation folder. It's normal that none of us were given labels.

Hmm, neat. I just assumed that it wouldn't allow a stylus, but if it does, I will at least rent the game.[/QUOTE]

Since preordered the first day possible and I have my reciept, I don't get the label thing. Maybe they never even set one up yet since I did it so early. I've never had a label in any of my preorders, just my reciept and then I pay the rest off. I still think they looked at me funny when I preordered and bought my wii and they asked what game I was going to play first and I said I dont know, I'll tell you Dec 25th. Same thing with this Wii U. It's a family Christmas present that we all can enjoy. It's generally the last gift under the tree and we will put the wii u games in the stockings. I'm still excited to pick it up in 1 month. Hopefully it wont disappoint.

[quote name='ScubaCat']Makes me sick too! I mean, why didn't I think of that ?! :applause:[/QUOTE]
Cash only? You better bring a body guard with you, I would not trust this in any case thats for sure.

I just read the wii U pro controller will ONLY work with Wii U games, NOT with Wii games played on the wii U.

Considering cancelling that preorder from newegg now.

Oh boo, so many Wii games I would have loved to try with it.

Whatever though, guess I might invest in the Classic Controller Pro then (Or just buy the Monster Hunter Tri bundle since I wanted the game anyway)

[quote name='Gareee']I just read the wii U pro controller will ONLY work with Wii U games, NOT with Wii games played on the wii U.

Considering cancelling that preorder from newegg now.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if it will work with Virtual Console games?

hey guys, i bought 4 of the layways from walmart. already flipped 3 on amazon for 150 profit each. :)

i'm happy. i'm looking to buy some more now. :applause:

a couple of years ago i was able to flip about 50 super mario brothers all-stars le for wii. did the same with mass effect 3 LE but ended up breaking even because price tanked because of negative reviews.

[quote name='parkerwilson']Are wii motion plus remotes going to be needed, if so how many is a good number, will nunchuks be needed with them? Can't find much info on it[/QUOTE]

Developers are allowed to create Wii U games that use standard Wiimote controllers. Source

[quote name='ScubaCat']Makes me sick too! I mean, why didn't I think of that ?! :applause:[/QUOTE]

what a douche. buying 100 of these?!

i have a feeling it's a scam.

[quote name='confoosious']Dateline November 19, 2012: I was raped selling a WiiU on craiglist.

... Reggie Filles-Amie says "tough shit."[/QUOTE]

that's why you meet at the police dept.

[quote name='Thrinn']Developers are allowed to create Wii U games that use standard Wiimote controllers. Source[/QUOTE]

We will never see that SNES controller but damn that is awesome.

[quote name='jacknicklson']We will never see that SNES controller but damn that is awesome.[/QUOTE]

spn0.jpg

Never say never. There's always a slim chance that it could happen. ;)

Is it better for these resellers to sell them now as preorders, or to sell them when it launches? I'm guessing the benefit of doing it now is that there's less competition. On the other hand, I would think demand might be higher when it comes out, due to hype and it being closer to xmas.

[quote name='myiamoto']Is it better for these resellers to sell them now as preorders, or to sell them when it launches? I'm guessing the benefit of doing it now is that there's less competition. On the other hand, I would think demand might be higher when it comes out, due to hype and it being closer to xmas.[/QUOTE]

If you wait after Thanksgiving, you can get $100 -150 easy per console.

[quote name='confoosui9343']hey guys, i bought 4 of the layways from walmart. already flipped 3 on amazon for 150 profit each. :)

i'm happy. i'm looking to buy some more now. :applause:

a couple of years ago i was able to flip about 50 super mario brothers all-stars le for wii. did the same with mass effect 3 LE but ended up breaking even because price tanked because of negative reviews.[/QUOTE]

You do know it is against amazon's seller agreement to sell pre-orders.

Delayed shipments or pre-sells are prohibited. Items offered through Amazon Marketplace must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you. Therefore, you should not list or match against items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable. It is also important to maintain accurate inventory records, as instances of "stock-outs" could be reflected in your seller feedback rating. If an item you are offering will not be available for immediate shipping upon order, either cancel the order or alert the buyer. Amazon will immediately cancel any seller listing for Books, Music, Video or DVD items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable.

[quote name='gb2003']If you wait after Thanksgiving, you can get $100 -150 easy per console.[/QUOTE]

+1

The timing could not be better for a launch. Only the units that are picked up on launch day will be for sale on ebay/amz/cl for black friday.

Historically BF is the PEAK for any hot item, $ always fall towards xmas.

Maybe the Wii went up towards Christmas only because resellers were not banking on it, instead most were all on the PS3 which definitely peaked the week after release.

[quote name='druggie218']You do know it is against amazon's seller agreement to sell pre-orders.

Delayed shipments or pre-sells are prohibited. Items offered through Amazon Marketplace must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you. Therefore, you should not list or match against items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable. It is also important to maintain accurate inventory records, as instances of "stock-outs" could be reflected in your seller feedback rating. If an item you are offering will not be available for immediate shipping upon order, either cancel the order or alert the buyer. Amazon will immediately cancel any seller listing for Books, Music, Video or DVD items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable.[/QUOTE]

lol, i 've been doing this for 5 years son. amazon turns a blind eye to it as long they collect a check. i did it with mario all-stars, mass effect 3, and more.

[quote name='confoosui9343']lol, i 've been doing this for 5 years son. amazon turns a blind eye to it as long they collect a check. i did it with mario all-stars, mass effect 3, and more.[/QUOTE]

Banned again, guy?

[quote name='confoosui9343']banned from amazon? what are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Banned from this site, hence the alternate account you are using. Also, where the fuck do you get the funds to buy $1500 worth of one game to resell on ebay? I'm referring to Super Mario All-Stars.

Guys. Just ignore him. He's obviously a fake account by one of the idiots from the OTT thread just trying to troll me. Guess it's a slow day working at the gas n sip.

[quote name='confoosious']Guys. Just ignore him. He's obviously a fake account by one of the idiots from the OTT thread just trying to troll me. Guess it's a slow day working at the gas n sip.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but how the fuck did you get 50 Super Mario All-Stars to flip?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Banned from this site, hence the alternate account you are using. Also, where the fuck do you get the funds to buy $1500 worth of one game to resell on ebay? I'm referring to Super Mario All-Stars.[/QUOTE]

american express gold card. i was buying the game for $39.99 and flipping for 70 to 80 back then. good times. bought a bunch of preorders through gamestop, amazon, best buy, walmart, kmart and target.

it can done today with lego minecraft.

[quote name='confoosious']Guys. Just ignore him. He's obviously a fake account by one of the idiots from the OTT thread just trying to troll me. Guess it's a slow day working at the gas n sip.[/QUOTE]

say what you want, i'm $450 richer than i was a few days ago.

The new Nintendo console will support in-game voice chat for "select games", a rep for the company tells Kotaku. Among the games supported will be Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3,all gameswith significant online multiplayer modes and allwhich support in-game voice chat on Xbox360 and PlayStation3.The WiiU GamePad-the console's signature twin-stickcontroller that containsa 6.2-inch screen-contains a microphone and speakers,but that mic does not actually work with the voice chat. Nintendo tellsme that users who want to be able to talkto each other can use a licensed stereo headset from Turtle Beach or Mad Catz (Tritton). The headsetsplug into the GamePad's headphone jack.At least one of the aforementioned games, Black Ops II,supports the Pro Controller, but that controller's lack of a jack will require Pro Controller gamers who want voice chat to do something a bit counterintuitive. They'll have to plug their headset into the GamePad, the controller they are otherwise not using, according to a spokespersonfor CoD publisher Activision. That rep believesthat gamersmight be able to use a standard set of headphonesthat contain a mic (iPhone headphones, for example) with the GamePad, but that's not something I've been able to clarify yet with Nintendo.Wired gaming headsetsare not uncommon but wireless are popular with a lot of people. It doesn't seem that the WiiU has a wireless headset onthe horizon. The Mad Catz headsetsare wired. So are the competition's. A spokespersonfor Turtle Beach confirmed to me that allof their WiiU headsets are wired, despite the potential for wireless connections. "The Wii Usupports Bluetooth and can pair with its ownaccessories," she said over e-mail,"but the officially licensed headsetswe produce and offer are wired and designed for use directly with the [GamePad] tablet."An E3 demonstration of out-of-game voice-chat onthe WiiU implied that users would be able to communicate with each other using the speaker on the Wii U GamePad,no headset needed.Nintendo tends to clarify matters like thisin slow motion, a volley of ane-mail one day, a reply the next and so on. I've volleyed back to them about the WiiU's potential to support wirelessheadsetsdown the line. It seems that such an option might be possible either through a Bluetooth connection or even between a headset and some sort of signal connector plugged into one of the WiiU's USB ports. But those are not the options available now. It's possible-and this is purely speculation-that the wirelessconnection needs of the Wii U GamePad,which has to receive a lag-free high-quality video signal from the console through thin air, could affect the viability of there being many other wirelessconnectionsto the console. We'llsee.As with the launch of any console, there are many mysteriesabout specific aspects of Wii Ugaming. Many willbe solved assoon as more gamers, game-makersand peripheral manufacturersget their hands on the console. For now, you've got some basics:No universal support for in-game voice chatGame-by-game support for in-game chatThe GamePad mic willnot, by default,work as an input for in-game voice chatThe WiiU will support wired headsets(and possibly mic-enabled headphones),but only through the WiiU GamePadNo news yet about whether wireless headsets can or will be supported whut?

[quote name='confoosui9343']lol, i 've been doing this for 5 years son. amazon turns a blind eye to it as long they collect a check. i did it with mario all-stars, mass effect 3, and more.[/QUOTE]

OK, son, since I'm 40 ! and been doing this for 7 years.

But if do not value your seller account, feel free.

I managed to snag a pre-order when Walmart.com had the Deluxe system up.. but still tempted to stop by a physical store and try layaway in case the online order screws up. Fingers crossed :) I wish Amazon would start selling Nintendo hardware again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back