Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greenwolfe7']Im looking forward to playing mine im keeping it and when the smash bros. comes out its on Prolly a few months minimum straight will be on that title alone...[/QUOTE]

Heck, if Nintendo gets their online straight and there is a ton of balanced characters and awesome levels, I'll play smash bros only for years. That series is addictive.

[quote name='therealdanhill']what I heard is that there are no Wii u games announced that are true native 1080, just upscaled 720[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I don't know why people kept saying otherwise.

When Nintendo reps or businessman showed off the system, when they say True HD, they most likely mean "upscaled 1080p", ofcourse, they won't tell you that though.

I don't think the Wii U is capable of doing such thing, which an extra half a gig of RAM compared to the 360/PS3.

[quote name='Deader2818']I think a good amount of 360 and ps3 games are only 720.

And what do you mean by "upscaled" 720?[/QUOTE]

Meaning games are rendered at a lower resolution and then stretched to a higher resolution so that your TV thinks it's displaying a 1080p image but in reality, you're seeing a 720p (or lower) image.

It's not an uncommon tactic as both Sony and MS do it. Hell, MS shows all of their games are 1080p even though it's software upscaling.

I hope it's not true with the Wii U since graphically, it's no more powerful than the PS3/360 but is showing up 6-7 years later. I figured Nintendo would have this HD thing down... on the other hand, Nintendo does seem to like being one generation behind when it comes to hardware.

[quote name='Deader2818']I think a good amount of 360 and ps3 games are only 720.

And what do you mean by "upscaled" 720?[/QUOTE]
Quite honestly if you need or want 1080P, your best bet right now is to just buy/build a gaming PC. Games go cheap enough anyway on PC you will make up lost profits fast compared to a console.

Upscaled 720 is basically 720p essentially blown up to look better through 1080p.

The Wii-U seems to be a system that is not going to look best graphically but is there to offer unique gameplay experiences, and Smash Bros.

[quote name='Deader2818']Meh, 720 is still HD. Maybe im blind but I hardly notice the difference between 720 and 1080.[/QUOTE]

unless you have a huge tv, it's not really noticeable.

[quote name='Deader2818']Meh, 720 is still HD. Maybe im blind but I hardly notice the difference between 720 and 1080.[/QUOTE]

I mean, this HD talk is hardly a problem.

When my 360 has handled 1080p pretty well, I won't really care much about this.

I'm just happy Nintendo has finally added an HDMI port, and a good online system (HOPEFULLY!!!!).

I skipped the Wii all together so I am ready to see what exclusives Nintendo brings.

Your blind lol. Play a first party AAA title from Sony then play anything else on the ps3. (Triple AAA titles usually are 1080p. Just look at the back of the case.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Your blind lol. Play a first party AAA title from Sony then play anything else on the ps3. (Triple AAA titles usually are 1080p. Just look at the back of the case.)[/QUOTE]

IT doesn't really matter much when everything is upscaled

[quote name='StryderOmega']Your blind lol. Play a first party AAA title from Sony then play anything else on the ps3. (Triple AAA titles usually are 1080p. Just look at the back of the case.)[/QUOTE]

How big is your tv?

Ps3 games are usually played in their original format. My tv even switches the resolution it displays automatically to 720 if the game is made that way. The Xbox on the other hand does upscale all of the games.

Ninja edit: my tv is only 40".

[quote name='StryderOmega']Ps3 games are usually played in their original format. My tv even switches the resolution it displays automatically to 720 if the game is made that way. The Xbox on the other hand does upscale all of the games.

Ninja edit: my tv is only 40".[/QUOTE]

Unless you're sitting 2 inches in front of it, you're just imagining the benefits of 1080p. Your eye has no idea that the back of the box on your sony AAA title says 1080.

I couldn't tell the difference between 720 and 1080 either when I had a smaller TV, but now with my 60 inch I can definitely see a difference. I'm sure the games will still look good, but it was a little misleading for Nintendo to call it a "full" HD experience.

I really hope Nintendo releases some kind of HDMI-to-optical audio adapter for people who want PCM sound but have to use component cables, or at least release new component cables with an optical port like the 360 ones.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I really hope Nintendo releases some kind of HDMI-to-optical audio adapter for people who want PCM sound but have to use component cables, or at least release new component cables with an optical port like the 360 ones.[/QUOTE]

That is also something I'm interested in. I got this 5.1 like a year or two ago, kinda bummed when I noticed the Wii U without an optical port.

[quote name='confoosious']Unless you're sitting 2 inches in front of it, you're just imagining the benefits of 1080p. Your eye has no idea that the back of the box on your sony AAA title says 1080.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not true. I can definitely see much more detail in textures in 1080p than 720p. Maybe if you were in constant motion and never stopped to take in some of the scenery or character details.

Ninja edit: best example I can think of is playing something on the pc. 22" monitor and just flip from the 720p resolution to the 1080p resolution real quick. You can definitely notice a big change real quick.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Definitely not true. I can definitely see much more detail in textures in 1080p than 720p. Maybe if you were in constant motion and never stopped to take in some of the scenery or character details.

Ninja edit: best example I can think of is playing something on the pc. 22" monitor and just flip from the 720p resolution to the 1080p resolution real quick. You can definitely notice a big change real quick.[/QUOTE]

1080p Does Matter – Here’s When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)
http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/

[quote name='StryderOmega']Definitely not true. I can definitely see much more detail in textures in 1080p than 720p. Maybe if you were in constant motion and never stopped to take in some of the scenery or character details.

Ninja edit: best example I can think of is playing something on the pc. 22" monitor and just flip from the 720p resolution to the 1080p resolution real quick. You can definitely notice a big change real quick.[/QUOTE]

But we are talking about console gaming here, where they only use upscaling.

Your example is of PC, where True HD is very different than that from consoles. In PC, you will see a big difference.

It has already been confirmed by Nintendo and other sources that Wii U is capable of full native 1080p and that NSMB U are Toki Tori are just two of the launch games that will actually run in native 1080p, not upscaled. Black Ops 2 and Mass Effect 3, on the other hand, are native 720p and will merely be upscaled to 1080p.

Sadly, all reports suggest that original Wii games won't be upscaled at all. Reggie says it can't be done because of the hardware being different, but people have no problem doing it on their computers, so it seems like it should be possible (although I don't actually know). Can't say I really care all that much, though.

[quote name='Paladinion']So im confused...is anybody actually going to PLAY there WiiU, or are we just trying to gobble up the pre-orders and sell them to each other?[/QUOTE]

I will be giving mine along with the new Mario to my wife for xmas. Gonna be hard waiting a month and a half to give it to her. I'll be watching the CAG threads on launch day.

First time I'm picking up a system on launch day and I won't even be opening it up, lol.

[quote name='tightclaws']Colecovision!!! The first real arcade type quality System with graphics that far surpassed Atari 2600 blockovision. I loved that thing.I even had the Adam Computer add on and tape player drive![/QUOTE]

I had an Adam too - LOVED that thing!

[quote name='ral1121']But we are talking about console gaming here, where they only use upscaling.

Your example is of PC, where True HD is very different than that from consoles. In PC, you will see a big difference.[/QUOTE]

Read my previous post about the ps3. My pc example was for the dispute in not being able to visually see the difference. I still stand by what I have said tho, considering I definitely know the difference between a 720p visual and 1080p.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It has already been confirmed by Nintendo and other sources that Wii U is capable of full native 1080p and that NSMB U are Toki Tori are just two of the launch games that will actually run in native 1080p, not upscaled. Black Ops 2 and Mass Effect 3, on the other hand, are native 720p and will merely be upscaled to 1080p.

Sadly, all reports suggest that original Wii games won't be upscaled at all. Reggie says it can't be done because of the hardware being different, but people have no problem doing it on their computers, so it seems like it should be possible (although I don't actually know). Can't say I really care all that much, though.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Nintendo Reps, or anyone else for that matter,

When they mean "Full" 1080p, that is all they mean, nothing else. They never said natively, they just say that your High Def television will be able to be hooked up to the Wii U.

Don't take their words for value, read between the lines. I suspect all titles will run at 1080p upscaled, just like the 360/PS3 have been doing for the past years. The Wii U isn't that high of a jump in terms of power to all of a sudden be able to play these AAA titles at 1080p natively.

Plus, here is the page about NSMB U:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/new_super_mario_bros_u_confirmed_as_1080p_or_not

[quote name='StryderOmega']Read my previous post about the ps3. My pc example was for the dispute in not being able to visually see the difference. I still stand by what I have said tho, considering I definitely know the difference between a 720p visual and 1080p.[/QUOTE]

You must be a super hero then to see the difference on a 40" tv.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It has already been confirmed by Nintendo and other sources that Wii U is capable of full native 1080p and that NSMB U are Toki Tori are just two of the launch games that will actually run in native 1080p, not upscaled. Black Ops 2 and Mass Effect 3, on the other hand, are native 720p and will merely be upscaled to 1080p.

Sadly, all reports suggest that original Wii games won't be upscaled at all. Reggie says it can't be done because of the hardware being different, but people have no problem doing it on their computers, so it seems like it should be possible (although I don't actually know). Can't say I really care all that much, though.[/QUOTE]

They already backed off on Mario now saying it's 720 so don't get too excited.

The problem is that given the choice, nobody is going to do 1080p with less effects, a lower framerate, or any other trade off. I do hope Nintendo makes it a priority but i'm not concerned that launch games aren't 1080p.

It definitely sucks, but the people who think any game that says 1080p on the back is native are naive. There are very, very few 1080p native console games, and most are either 2D or have no camera control.

[quote name='Thrinn']Perhaps you're thinking of Kung-Fu on the NES?[/QUOTE]

I do believe your right...never did beat that damn game;)

[quote name='Yigytugd']Though I missed out on Pre-Ordering I'm going to try to get a WiiU on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Hopefully I can score one.[/QUOTE]

Why not just go to Walmart and per order a system?

[quote name='therealdanhill']I really wanted a full HD Mario too. if nintendo ain't even gonna do 1080 for first party titles, I don't have much hope third parties are going too either.[/QUOTE]

We already know of several titles that are 1080p 60 fps so no worries there

[quote name='Troub']Why not just go to Walmart and per order a system?[/QUOTE]

Walmart has deluxe systems available for launch preorder? Damn, I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I might just go ahead and do that later on today or in the week.[/QUOTE]

I would go sooner rather than later. A few of the stores sold out of their pre-orders. Just saying.

[quote name='yobaburp']Mitt Romney would take advantage of the average Joe, he did it to the people of Massachusetts when he was govenor.[/QUOTE]

By not raising sales tax like Deval Patrick?

[quote name='ZombieToast']It has already been confirmed by Nintendo and other sources that Wii U is capable of full native 1080p and that NSMB U are Toki Tori are just two of the launch games that will actually run in native 1080p, not upscaled.[/QUOTE]

They later retracted the comment and said that it's only 720p.

[quote name='jessesixto']Can anyone confirm they are getting sold out? If so what stores?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking about Wal-Mart or in general?

In general, every store is sold out but Wal-Mart. Target has not done pre-orders

[quote name='jessesixto']Can anyone confirm they are getting sold out? If so what stores?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not at my store. A couple of days after my ASM insisted that there were preorder cards, my ZMS Manager got back from his vacation and read the memo and confirmed that the ASM misread the memo. I did a preorder later that night which left the store at a whopping 4 total preorders (1 order being for two of them, so only 3 people total).

I went to the Walmart near me last night to pre-order a second system (in case my Walmart.com online order screws up) and I was the first person on the list this week - so i know not every walmart store is sold out yet :)

As for the HD Discussion.. I'm happy with 720p native. I just don't want the games to look like Wii games did on a big screen (I grew tired of fuzziness and jagged textures, especially the newest Zelda).

Unless you're sitting 2 feet away from 60" television, you're not going to be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080. I can't believe people are still hung up on something HAVING to be 1080p. When blu-ray/HD DVD first came and for years after they did plenty of tests. 1080p was and is a great marketing pitch by the TV companies that people ate up faster than Best Buy's $100 Monster HDMI cables.

[quote name='Katsumi']I went to the Walmart near me last night to pre-order a second system (in case my Walmart.com online order screws up) and I was the first person on the list this week - so i know not every walmart store is sold out yet :)

As for the HD Discussion.. I'm happy with 720p native. I just don't want the games to look like Wii games did on a big screen (I grew tired of fuzziness and jagged textures, especially the newest Zelda).[/QUOTE]

You can fix that by playing them on your PC hooked up to your TV (if your PC is strong enough to play them). It makes games like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Skyward Sword look like early Xbox 360 games.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Unless you're sitting 2 feet away from 60" television, you're not going to be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080. I can't believe people are still hung up on something HAVING to be 1080p. When blu-ray/HD DVD first came and for years after they did plenty of tests. 1080p was and is a great marketing pitch by the TV companies that people ate up faster than Best Buy's $100 Monster HDMI cables.[/QUOTE]

32 and below you can't tell a difference imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back