Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lmz00']Just got back after going home earlier. Still the only one here. Less than 15 minutes to 9, and the person working layaway had no idea what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Tell them there should be a folder back there with instructions.

The people at my Walmart didn't know anything at first but one of them thought there was something for them to print off in store news or whatever and sure enough, it was that exact pictured page for instructions. I was the only one there until 8:30 when they finished ringing me up and then a guy walked up behind me and asked if they were all done and he seemed very happy when I told him he was #2.

After the assistant manager went over their stuff, they said they'd probably only get 6 reservations at the store and would stop after that. So I got to be #1 and I look forward to going to the midnight launch, picking up a WiiU for my mom, hooking it up and playing Nintendo Land...until it's time for me to go pick my WiiU from GameStop haha.

Made the choice to go to the non 24 hour walmart. Was the first one to do it when I rolled in at 9:30. After some initial confusion I was in and out and good. Only getting 1 myself.

[quote name='Optical']Tell them there should be a folder back there with instructions.[/QUOTE]

Everyone I've spoken to keeps talking about how they don't have the preorder cards for it.

[quote name='lmz00']Everyone I've spoken to keeps talking about how they don't have the preorder cards for it.[/QUOTE]
There aren't any cards. Show them the picture that was posted. Tell them to find this paper.

Just got back from my local Walmart in North Carolina. I got there about 8:20 AM and no one else was there. I sat on the bench in front of layaway and waited. At 9 AM I stood at the counter so they would know I wanted to be helped. At 9:03 AM an employee asked me if I had been helped and I said no and that I was waiting for layaway. She told me they don't open until 10 AM (that is for the photo center that is at the same counter) and I pointed to the paper sign that said "LAYAWAY - 9 AM - 9 PM" and she said she didn't know who was scheduled to be there. She went to go find someone.

At 9:07 AM an employee came by to help me. I told her I was there to preorder the Wii U and that we're supposed to do it at layaway. She didn't know anything about it, so I handed her the memo I printed out from here. I told her that there should be a booklet with a bar code for her to scan, and that if there isn't, the manager should have one. She pulled out her radio and asked some lady if they knew anything about layaway for Wii U's, and she said she had no idea. The lady left the counter to go find someone.

At 9:15 AM she came back with the assistant manager who had the paper with the Wii U info and barcode. Yay! He was very nice and curiously asked me how I got the memo and knew about this, and I explained that it got leaked online. He said they were supposed to have signage sent to them to place around the store but that they never got it. He said since I'm #1 that I'll be guaranteed one and that I can come in to get it whenever on the 18th. The lady took my driver's license and put in my info, asked if I was the only one who was going to pick it up (so she could put in an alternate name or not), asked for my phone number, and then I paid the minimum of $42.50. She asked if she needed to print out the label, and the manager said she should so they can place it on the Wii U box if I don't pick it up right away.

They printed out a receipt for me to sign and initial, and then I got my copy and was on my way. Yaaay

So, yeah, MAKE SURE TO PRINT OUT THE MEMO and take it.

Edit: Oh, and the assistant manager said the system will not be allowed to take preorders anymore once the allotment is full. He joked that it was good that I was #1 since they'll probably only get two!

Arrived at my local Wal-Mart at 8am. No lines. Waited for 9 before pestering layaway. They had no clue what I was talking about either, but my wife and I had spoken with a manager yesterday who got instructions from the home office and left them for the layaway dept to use.

They hadn't read them, of course. After giving them 5 minutes to get the instructions down, there was no fuss. I pre-ordered two. There was only one person in line behind me for it.

Now the wait for launch...

Well that was super easy. I arrived at 8:40 and waited till 9 for layaway to open. Was the first and only one there. Glad to know I have one coming no problems.

Here at Walmart, it's about 7:15 local time. No one at lawaway, I spoke to a manager at customer service who said I'd have to wait until 9:00 am.

I did not bring a print out of the memo, wishing I had now.

I just got home from preordering mine. It was just me and another lady who was getting one for her kids for Christmas. It was pretty painless. The customer service guy was standing there for about an hour, so I probably could have had him ring me up then, but waited until 9. Heh...

[quote name='SteveGo']Here at Walmart, it's about 7:15 local time. No one at lawaway, I spoke to a manager at customer service who said I'd have to wait until 9:00 am.

I did not bring a print out of the memory, wishing I had now.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Smartphone, which you probably have - just show them the memo that was posted above so they know what they are looking for in their binders.

Went to the Walmart in Freehold NJ at 7:30am. No line. Waited until 7:50am and went to the Walmart in Howell NJ. Got there at 8:10 and waited. Assistant Manager showed up 8:57am asked if I was being helped. I told him I was interested in the Wii U and showed in the leaked document. I was the first and no one else was in line. Purchased 2 of the deluxe (only one available) and then went back to Freehold NJ around 9:30 and bought 2 more. I asked if anyone else had preordered and the associate told me there was one person before me.

Thanks CAG and good luck to everyone else!

Im in for the quick and painless transaction!

Went to Walmart a little after 10am with no hope of getting one, but figured I'll try anyway. Went the gaming department and asked if they are still doing pre-orders and the guy said "yup, we are pre-ordering in the layaway department" and we walked me over to start it up. He said I was the first customer, so he had no idea what to do. But he read the flyer, put in my info, and I walked out with a receipt 5 minutes later with no problems!

Thanks to everyone who has been posting about this. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have gotten the Wii U this Christmas.

Went to Walmart at 9:50am in Harrisonburg, VA and went straight to layaway (which opened at 9:00am). The person first check with electronics store and then the manager (but I had the actual ad from the paper with me). So after the manager when to the back, he had the internal memo printed and the instructions. It seems like I was the first person to do it. I already have it pre-ordered through Toys r us online, but I may cancel it because Walmart is cheaper (didn't include shipping).

Thanks to the original poster of the Walmart information. Got my preorder done! My Walmart had no idea about it. They were just gonna turn me away with a "no I'm sorry I don't know anything about it" got them to check with the manager. 10 minutes later it was a done deal!

Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.

I Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Bethel Park, PA. It opened at 7:00 I got there at 6:00. There was No line. I went to the layaway department. I Was told that layaway doesn't open till 9:00. I talked to one girl who thought I was trying to layaway a Wii. I told her about the Wii U and she said I would have to wait for it to be released. I did not bother to explain more. I just waited until around 8:30. I then talked to a nice girl and guy and brought the flyer and told them I would like to inquire about laying away a Wii U. The guy new about it and told me to wait until he found out. I waited until 9:00 then came back. I was the first to do it so it took a little bit of time but I didn't mind. The girl must have been new becasuse she had some trouble with the computer system. The other girl asked me if I had a Wii. She thought the Wii U was an add on for the Wii. I explained that no, The Wii U is a completely new system like the Wii was tho the GameCube and Super Nintendo was to the NES. She then understood. I Had to pen a Layaway account with Wal-Mart and give an email. I then had to sign a long slip explaining the procedure and what I was laying away. I got my copy thanked all of them for their time and I was done.

I got up at 5:00 an just now got home at 10:15 so all told about 5 hours total time for me. It was longer because I don't have a car and allow extra time to bike there and back. I am happy I now know that I will have a Wii U at launch finally an HD nintendo console. This will be my first Nintendo console (excluding the 3DS) that I get on Launch day ever. I Have all of them just never bought any of them at launch. So all in all it may take a little bit of time depending on your Wal-Mart but It is worth it I think just to know you will get a Wii U.

A big thank you to everyone who posted information about this in this thread. Thanks!!

[quote name='Masx']Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.[/QUOTE]

Well then it does matter if you're last in line.

[quote name='Masx']Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't notice that, thanks. I feel better now. I got there around 9:45 AM and was told that a "bunch" of people had reserved them already, but I guess I'll get mine if they know how many they're receiving.

Went to my Wal-Mart. No one knew anything about it, showed the assistant manager the memo. He looked it up and saw the same memo that's on here but he wasn't able to do the layaway at all citing the lack of preorder cards. I accepted that and went home. But it looks like I'll have to stop by again later today and hopefully get more knowledgeable people or something.

Went to the Wal-mart in Elizabethtown, Ky (24 hour) and no one was in layaway at 9:20 so I was a bit worried. But, Wal-mart being what it is no one there had a clue what I was talking about. She called electronics who told me it was online only and I told her he was wrong. So after I gave up my place in line to look up the ad online, another associate brought the flyer and said they should have known about it all along and blamed it on some guy who wasn't there.

Funny note - the guy asked "Why do these kids need all these games and systems? I don't get it." It's actually for me and I'm 41. Lol!!!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Err, no. It should only be the LAST digit of the UPC number. Congrats at getting some sort of food item instead.[/QUOTE]Whatever. The receipt clearly states wii u hardware and rang up correctly, so I don't really care if they left off 1, 6 or all the upc digits. Congrats at being some sort of jack ass.

Went to the Evendale Wal-Mart (North of Cincinnati). First stop was electronics - no clue what I was talking about. Then went to lay-away and I was taken care of within a few minutes. I was the 3rd customer that pre-ordered this morning and that was at 10am.

[quote name='confoosious']Well then it does matter if you're last in line.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well I should have clarified I meant for those that pre-ordered already and the sales transaction went through they should be fine per the memo.

[quote name='thundarr']
Funny note - the guy asked "Why do these kids need all these games and systems? I don't get it." It's actually for me and I'm 41. Lol!!![/QUOTE]

I would've flipped out at him, I can't stand this sort of bullshit.

[quote name='KtMack23']I would've flipped out at him, I can't stand this sort of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

relax. who gives a shit what some walmart manager says.

When I come back later today, what should I tell the Wal-Mart people to scan for the pre-order. Is there a booklet or something with the Wii U barcode that they can scan?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']When we pre order at wal mart do we have to fully pay it off on the spot or on release day?[/QUOTE]

10% at pre-order plus $5 fee which is refundable - at least in my state, Ohio - it might be different in yours. Also, you are able to pay a little bit at a time before pickup at any register, lay-away, or customer service. Or, you can just pay it all off at pickup.

[quote name='PlanarPotence']When I come back later today, what should I tell the Wal-Mart people to scan for the pre-order. Is there a booklet or something with the Wii U barcode that they can scan?[/QUOTE]

When I went to the lay-away counter, they had a white binder that had all of the information. If a regular worker does not know, always ask for a manager.

[quote name='KtMack23']I would've flipped out at him, I can't stand this sort of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

And make a scene and a fool of yourself in the process? Congrats sir, you win the internet, tough guy.

[quote name='PlanarPotence']Went to my Wal-Mart. No one knew anything about it, showed the assistant manager the memo. He looked it up and saw the same memo that's on here but he wasn't able to do the layaway at all citing the lack of preorder cards. I accepted that and went home. But it looks like I'll have to stop by again later today and hopefully get more knowledgeable people or something.[/QUOTE]
There are no cards. They are supposed to scan the UPC on the sheet for it to ring up.

I guess I got one lol. Went to my Wal Mart and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. He pulled out this list. I was #2. He said he expected the entire allotment to go today, but I was guaranteed one on release day. TBH I was kind of surprised I was only number 2. (This was at 750am btw).

Now I can join the group of people and freak out about whether Ill actually receive one on release day lol...

Thanks to the information about the Walmart preorder or I would probably not been able to get one. I went to a 24hr one around 8:15am and the girl in electronics knew about it but said I had to wait until Layaway came in a 9:00am. The guy came in, read the memo, took my information, scanned the barcode, then I paid and he gave me a receipt. I did not see anything about a label but hopefully not too much to be concerned about. I was the first one to preorder so I should be good.

I wasted some time this morning but at least I got in for 2. I went there at 6:30 and it was empty. Went home and then back at 7:30 and it was still dead. Ate breakfast at McD's and then settled in at 8am. Layaway girl got there about 9:05 and I was out in 5 minutes with 2 reserved. Very smooth process. No one else even showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if you could roll in there anytime today and get one reserved. But then again, I don't know how many they have to reserve. I asked the girl and she made it sound like the system would let them know when to stop. No clue.

If there is one place I expect to some how fuck this up for people, Its Wal-mart. Half of them don't know their ass from their elbow.

But, I really do hope it works out for those who pre-ordered today.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Thanks to the information about the Walmart preorder or I would probably not been able to get one. I went to a 24hr one around 8:15am and the girl in electronics knew about it but said I had to wait until Layaway came in a 9:00am. The guy came in, read the memo, took my information, scanned the barcode, then I paid and he gave me a receipt. I did not see anything about a label but hopefully not too much to be concerned about. I was the first one to preorder so I should be good.[/QUOTE]

Same thing, reserved mine at 12:01AM at my 24-Hour Walmart, guy got all of my information and phone number, then he scanned the paper and all that. Printed out 2 copies of the biggest receipt I'd ever seen in my life and said I was all good to go...never saw what he did with his copy of the receipt or anything about a label...oh well, I hope to be waiting in line at 12:01AM on release day and as long as i'm one of the first few people and show my receipt, i'll have mine.

How much did you guys put down for it? I'm thinking about going and pre-ordering one (Or at least giving it a shot) but I don't have much money at the moment.. x}

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I expect this thread to explode on November 18th.[/QUOTE]

If both the PS4 & next Xbox launch around the same time, then the Wii U launch won't end up looking so hectic in hindsight. ;)

I would advise people to take a copy of the memo and the Sunday ad cause as expected my walmart was absolutely clueless. Had to wait about 15-20 minutes for them to go find and print the memo with the barcode.

I getting curious as to when we will get the first report of a Walmart having sold out of pre-orders. I am kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet but I guess a lot of people are not aware of the pre-orders, hell, or even the Wii U itself for that matter.

As far as the thread blowing up on the 18th or whatever I think it will be fine. They obviously have an allocated amount and the lady who did mine told me that when they come in the boxes will be label as 'layaway' and put into one of those metal cages that lock until 12:01. My store normally closes at midnight but they told me they are having a midnight launch so they will be open late. I'm not real concerned about it. She came in early and opened layaway at 6am in anticipation and was well prepared so I assume she has an idea of what she is talking about.

I just took the five minute walk to my nearest Wal-Mart. Had to wait about five minutes for someone to answer the bell in the layaway department, but once they did, I was out in two minutes with a preorder in hand.

I was in at around 10 AM local time (mountain time zone) and I was the first preorder they had received. I was thinking about reserving two, but decided against it. Maybe I'll change my mind later today, it doesn't seem like there's a huge rush....but then, that's why I didn't preorder two, if there's no rush now, then the rush on Nov. 18 may be less than expected. Oh well, I suppose I can always sit on them until Xmas and if they don't flip, just take them back.

Thanks for the help you guys. Went back there. Insisted that they figure it out and showed them the memo again and told them there would never be preorder cards. They took a while to discuss it and figure it out but they did eventually and I preordered two.

I was reluctant to get two, not wanting to ruin some kid's Christmas, but they said it'd be fine. That however many preorders they get is at least how many Wii U's they'd get allocated. Not sure if they know what they're talking about but whatever. One for me and one for someone else to ingratiate themselves to me forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back