Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from my local Walmart... no problems at all. I was the only pre-order on that particular so far.

65K2k.jpg

For anyone in Orlando, the Wal-Mart on Princeton is clueless, don't go there. I showed a manager the memo and she went to look for it in her computer. When she couldn't find it, she came back out and told me they couldn't let me order one on layaway because she didn't have the official memo or the barcode (though I'm a bit confused about why they couldn't just type in the UPC). She contacted the heads of layaway and electronics too, and neither of them knew anything about it. I went to the one in Casselberry instead and was in and out in 5 minutes. They said close to 10 people had already been in before me but that anybody who places a layaway order will be able to pick their console up on release day.

Took about a half hour for me. Got in at 9am and asked at the layaway, but was directed to electronics. They, of course, were clueless, so one of the managers I spoke with went back and looked for the memo.
Funny part is I read the memo from page 115 off to them and one woman got pissed that I had it, said it was a private internal memo for Walmart managers only, and I had no business reading it. The other manager said "It's a good thing he does have it, he knows more about it than we do". Once he got his copy of the memo I had to wait 10 minutes for them to find out who was staffing layaway, and it went smoothly after that.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']My buddy preordered 2 consoles on 6 different transactions :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Must be nice to have money to throw around like that.

[quote name='DeathStinger356']Same thing, reserved mine at 12:01AM at my 24-Hour Walmart, guy got all of my information and phone number, then he scanned the paper and all that. Printed out 2 copies of the biggest receipt I'd ever seen in my life and said I was all good to go...never saw what he did with his copy of the receipt or anything about a label...oh well, I hope to be waiting in line at 12:01AM on release day and as long as i'm one of the first few people and show my receipt, i'll have mine.[/QUOTE]

I guess the only thing is some others are indicated the label has the number on it like 1 if we were first just in case they overbook or something. Walmart said they did not know how many they were getting in, but when they reached their limit the system would not allow any more preorders.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I just got back from my local Walmart... no problems at all. I was the only pre-order on that particular so far.

65K2k.jpg
[/QUOTE]

These preorders DON'T have to put on layway.. right?

[quote name='Masx']Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.[/QUOTE]

If they don't actually receive all of them, it would matter.

[quote name='Deader2818']They do. But you can pick them up the day it gets released (Nov 18th)[/QUOTE]
That seems lame to get charged a 5.00 fee. Are there any other fees for layway?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That seems lame to get charged a 5.00 fee. Are there any other fees for layway?[/QUOTE]

You get the 5 back on a gift card when you pick up your item.

Yes, you will get the $5 back in the form of a gift card, unless you cancel the order first, in which case, you're out five bucks.

In California and I think a few other states, you can just get the $5 cash back as opposed to the gift card, as per state law.

So I got to my 24 hour Walmart at 9 am (like they told me)...Got to layaway...1 dude was already there talking to one of the associates about being able to get it at launch Sounds like they knew what was going on. They had the memo with the barcode ready and everything.

The whole process was painless, but not quick. The layaway lady didn't show up until 9:15. Before she got there me and the other guy had a quick little chat.

Me: "You here for layaway?"
Him: "Yeah"
Me: "So deluxe or Basic?"
Him: "Oh, I think you can only do deluxe here"

My discount card worked, so I'll be paying $315 for the deluxe model. Trying it online when the pre orders were up didn't work.

I ordered 1, but the guy in front of me ordered 2 (1 for him and 1 for his "cousin"...lol right)

Just got back from walmart, 4th person who reserved. I did ask if it mattered if I was 1st or last and they said no, when they run out of the allocated pre-order amount, the system will lock automatically and not allow anymore pre-orders.

Does anyone know what it means if your sku code has a "k" on the end of the number that otherwise matches what everyone else has posted? Asking on behalf of someone :).

So do I go back to the electronic department to do this? Customer service? Dumb question I know, but I've never put anything on layaway.

[quote name='Tonnous24']So do I go back to the electronic department to do this? Customer service? Dumb question I know, but I've never put anything on layaway.[/QUOTE]

Layaway section.

I just called my local wal-mart to ask if they're still taking Wii U preorders. The layaway guy told me yes and I asked how many preorders they've taken so far. 16 he said.

It's about 20 minutes away, so I'm not going to drive out there. I'll stick with my TRU and Walmart.com preorders to try and get one.

Well, threw it on layway. I assume I am the first one to do this at my Walmart, because they had no idea what I was talking about lol. They kept telling me I could put it on layway on 11/18, and I kept telling them it was in their weekly ad.

Eventually they did it for me after printing off the paper with the barcode, but man that was a hassle. Either way, I am okay with this hassle vs. finding one on launch day. Thank you to whoever posted the Walmart info!

[quote name='Eggman']Where was this at? I'm over in Brooklyn Center and I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the Walmart over here at 9am to see what's up. If they have the ads out they should at least be able to get a manager to tell them what to do.[/QUOTE]

I went again this morning and finally got someone to help me out. I was also at Brooklyn Center. They had the sheet on the layaway counter and a note on it that said:

"We may only be getting 6"

There were 6 hash marks next to the note, three of them were crossed out. I was number 4. Got my Deluxe preorder. Now to sell the PS3.

Went and preordered mine at Wally World, I was third at 9:05. My Wally World is one of the last ones on the edge of the city I live in though.

The better half will be stoked for xmas....I'm wishing I would have ordered an extra for my cousin Craig too.

[quote name='Tonnous24']So do I go back to the electronic department to do this? Customer service? Dumb question I know, but I've never put anything on layaway.[/QUOTE]

It means they typed in the UPC instead of scanning it. Hand Keyed it. :D

Got 2 in SLC this morning. Got there about 9:35, waited 5-10 mins for help but the lady knew what to do, said 4 had been ordered before me. She also said the system would only allow preorders until the amount the store is receiving were sold. Very painless.

Well, the layaway system at the store I was at wasn't active until 10:00 am according to the Walmart associate. But my patience paid off and I got my 2 reserved. I was the only there the whole time. (I went to the store around 7 am)

So between the 2 at Walmart, the one at Gamestop, and one each at two different Best Buys via kiosk, I should be okay. Perhaps I'll even be able to pay off the two I plan to keep by selling off any extras.

[quote name='thestonedgamer']I'm wishing I would have ordered an extra for my cousin Craig too.[/QUOTE]

;-)

I'm hoping that I will have enough money to pay for one come November 18... that is, of course, if my local stores are still taking pre-orders by the time I get there.

[quote name='Tdog987']So I got to my 24 hour Walmart at 9 am (like they told me)...Got to layaway...1 dude was already there talking to one of the associates about being able to get it at launch Sounds like they knew what was going on. They had the memo with the barcode ready and everything.

The whole process was painless, but not quick. The layaway lady didn't show up until 9:15. Before she got there me and the other guy had a quick little chat.

Me: "You here for layaway?"
Him: "Yeah"
Me: "So deluxe or Basic?"
Him: "Oh, I think you can only do deluxe here"

My discount card worked, so I'll be paying $315 for the deluxe model. Trying it online when the pre orders were up didn't work.

I ordered 1, but the guy in front of me ordered 2 (1 for him and 1 for his "cousin"...lol right)[/QUOTE]

is his cousins name "E, Bay"? LOL

[quote name='YBX87']is his cousins name "E, Bay"? LOL[/QUOTE]
No, but my cousin's name is "Craigs List" (LOL)

feeBay sucks shit. If you sell your console for $600 you'll be paying $125-150 in fees excluding shipping.

[quote name='iGen']No, but my cousin's name is "Craigs List" (LOL)

feeBay sucks shit. If you sell your console for $600 you'll be paying $125-150 in fees excluding shipping.[/QUOTE]

i see, "list" must be a very common last name also

[quote name='iGen']feeBay sucks shit. If you sell your console for $600 you'll be paying $125-150 in fees excluding shipping.[/QUOTE]It's not anywhere near that much. Listing is free unless you sell a ton of stuff every month, and they take 9% (eg. $54 of $600) of the selling cost, and if the buyer pays with a credit card from a Paypal account, Paypal keeps 2.9% (eg. $17.40).

I have a preorder in at GameStop but would it be a better bet to get a preorder in at Walmart? Or is GameStop good enough? When I asked the person that rang me up at GameStop if I was guaranteed a console, he said yes....

[quote name='madcatz1999']It's not anywhere near that much. Listing is free unless you sell a ton of stuff every month, and they take 9% (eg. $54 of $600) of the selling cost, and if the buyer pays with a credit card from a Paypal account, Paypal keeps 2.9% (eg. $17.40).[/QUOTE]
you're probably better off selling as a buy it now auction. then the ebay fee is $34. not to mention that if you're a top rated seller you get a 20% discount off that fee as well on your monthly invoice.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']My buddy preordered 2 consoles on 6 different transactions :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

I would have too, but I can not imagine the manager is gonna let him walk out with 12 units on launch day. Maybe they will?

Anybody having luck in SoCal? Called two stores and both layaway departments said they haven't gotten a memo yet but expect to this week. Don't want to go in unless there has been some success out here.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Anybody having luck in SoCal? Called two stores and both layaway departments said they haven't gotten a memo yet but expect to this week. Don't want to go in unless there has been some success out here.[/QUOTE]

A friend and I secured preorders at the Walmart in Buena Park Mall. It was the only Walmart that had the memo and knew exactly what to do. Not sure if you're around that area though.

I was the second person to do it at my store. They only had one sku for the deluxe model. Was pretty effortless. Now to seek out deals on games/hardware.

[quote name='Masx']Out of curiosity, the people ordering two flipping or saving for gifts?[/QUOTE]

We got a second in case any of our family and friends are looking for one. If no one wants it, we'll probably sell it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Anybody having luck in SoCal? Called two stores and both layaway departments said they haven't gotten a memo yet but expect to this week. Don't want to go in unless there has been some success out here.[/QUOTE]

I went to both Long Beach Walmart Supercenter Store #3477 and Cerritos Walmart Store #2082. Both knew about the Wii-U pre-order and was out in about 3 minutes. The Long Beach one is a 24hr and they mentioned I could pick it up at midnight.

[quote name='Gosha']I was the second person to do it at my store. They only had one sku for the deluxe model. Was pretty effortless. Now to seek out deals on games/hardware.[/QUOTE]

newegg is your best shot. They have had $12 off preorder deals every other week. I already have 4 launch games and two controllers preordered for a nice discount

Well that was easy. I just pre-ordered two from my Walmart. Was first to do so. At 3:00. Had to show assistant manager the memo. He didnt even know about it.

[quote name='furielrage']I went to both Long Beach Walmart Supercenter Store #3477 and Cerritos Walmart Store #2082. Both knew about the Wii-U pre-order and was out in about 3 minutes. The Long Beach one is a 24hr and they mentioned I could pick it up at midnight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sarcous']A friend and I secured preorders at the Walmart in Buena Park Mall. It was the only Walmart that had the memo and knew exactly what to do. Not sure if you're around that area though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. When I go to the store I just want to be able to tell them "my friend" preordered one at "x" store. So that helps.

Hopefully there won't be a problem.

Got one. But since it's Walmart I'm not getting excited until I actually have it in my hands. I feel like they're gonna mess it up somehow.

The people at customer service and layaway didn't know what was up when I called, but a manager ended up filling them in after I was on hold for a while. Going now to place the pre-order. This is in Moreno Valley/Riverside.

[quote name='Sludgepond']I have a preorder in at GameStop but would it be a better bet to get a preorder in at Walmart? Or is GameStop good enough? When I asked the person that rang me up at GameStop if I was guaranteed a console, he said yes....[/QUOTE]

I'd put more faith in Gamestop than Walmart when it comes to preorders. Preordering in general is their thing.

[quote name='juanawoman']So, come October 19th, will we be able to put the Wii U preorders on eBay? I know it has to be within 30 days, right?[/QUOTE]

I say yes since it is 30 days pre-sale auction.

[quote name='juanawoman']So, come October 19th, will we be able to put the Wii U preorders on eBay? I know it has to be within 30 days, right?[/QUOTE]

Dear lord.

This is why I don't think the preorder numbers are real. Reggie must know this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back