Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paulwekiva']Although Walmart will do a midnight release, you won't be able to pick yours up until 9 a.m. the next morning ... at the layaway department (which closes at 9 p.m.).

The good news is that your Wii-U will be set aside (hopefully) from whatever consoles they have for sale at midnight in electronics.[/QUOTE]

The layaway department will be open at midnight for the launch. Walmart will have more employees, probably from Electronics, on the clock that night specifically there for layaway. This is what the person at layaway told me when I preordered.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Oh yeah, Rhode Island and Massachusetts Walmarts give you your $5 back in cash.[/QUOTE]

There are several other states that do this as well. I believe CA, NJ and WI.

BTW just a heads for up for those who asked about a good place to buy Wii U games:

Newegg is once again having a 72 hour sale for video game preorders. You save $12 on games $49.99 and up with free shipping. No tax if you live in NY (like me) :)

Promo code: EMCJNJD242

May be used once per order but can be used on multiple orders.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=PPSSPREORDERSAVE12&name=Nintendo Wii U Games

[quote name='paulwekiva']Although Walmart will do a midnight release, you won't be able to pick yours up until 9 a.m. the next morning ... at the layaway department (which closes at 9 p.m.).[/QUOTE]

According to the memo, Wal-Mart's layaway department WILL be open for the midnight launch. It's directly under the section: Midnight Launch. :whistle2:#

[quote name='rayfrombk']BTW just a heads for up for those who asked about a good place to buy Wii U games:

Newegg is once again having a 72 hour sale for video game preorders. You save $12 on games $49.99 and up with free shipping. No tax if you live in NY (like me) :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=PPSSPREORDERSAVE12&name=Nintendo Wii U Games[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. In for 1 Pro Controller Black.

[quote name='draigun']According to the memo, Wal-Mart's layaway department WILL be open for the midnight launch. It's directly under the section: Midnight Launch. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Only for 24-hour Walmarts, of which there are practically none where I live.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Only for 24-hour Walmarts, of which there are practically none where I live.[/QUOTE]

They have non 24-hour Walmarts?

AsuKy.gif

Really glad I saw this thread was back near the top this last weekend. I have pre-orders in at several WMs (for myself, friends and families) and have been genuinely impressed with their service. The one in my town had an amazing employee (I don't know why he works there) who knew exactly what to do. He was friendly and funny and talked about the games he was looking forward too., and he was numbering the orders to make sure the earlier ones will be filled first. The second one had no idea what the deal was, but after I explained the deal a little she got a manager and figured it out, totally willing to learn. Last one was slow, but very thorough and knew how to do it.

I realized the older gent who helped me didn't print layway labels for the guy ahead of he who preordered, or my labels (unless he did them later on) should I be concerned?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I realized the older gent who helped me didn't print layway labels for the guy ahead of he who preordered, or my labels (unless he did them later on) should I be concerned?[/QUOTE]
This is what I wanna know as well. My Walmart didn't print labels either.. only the 2 long receipts.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I realized the older gent who helped me didn't print layway labels for the guy ahead of he who preordered, or my labels (unless he did them later on) should I be concerned?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you might want to go check on that. You can make payments toward the purchase price, at so you could ask for the long receipt/form then.

[quote name='rayfrombk']This is what I wanna know as well. My Walmart didn't print labels either.. only the 2 long receipts.[/QUOTE]

Mine either. However mine did have a numbered list...anyone else at least have a list?

[quote name='gb2003']I believe you are correct. Many of us don't know what we are talking about. If we read the instructions from top to bottom, we will get all the answers.....of course there is a possibility they, walmart, screw up.....but rather to speculate, just stick with the instructions.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking I should take the day off. I don't know just yet though. I'll definitely think it over.

[quote name='rayfrombk']BTW just a heads for up for those who asked about a good place to buy Wii U games:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=PPSSPREORDERSAVE12&name=Nintendo Wii U Games[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this...secured a pro controller for 37.99

The lady at my Walmart told me that the consoles will start arriving at the store between the 16 and 17 of November... she even told me that if I go one those days and they have the consoles there, I could pick up mine.

So, you don't lose anything for trying.

[quote name='draigun']According to the memo, Wal-Mart's layaway department WILL be open for the midnight launch. It's directly under the section: Midnight Launch. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

My 24 hour Walmart told me the opposite, but I'm hoping it is just because they didn't read the memo carefully enough (a month away). Hopefully not a YMMV on the pickup.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']Thanks for the heads up on this...secured a pro controller for 37.99[/QUOTE]
You're welcome. I preordered a black pro controller during their last promo and I'm wondering if I should get another one.. my wallet is going to hate me! :whistle2:(

I just tried that code at newegg, and it would only do $12 per order... do you have to do multiple orders to get the discount on multiple items?

(I wanted to preorder zombi u and the pro controller)

Thanks. In for New Super Mario Bros U, and Pikmin 3, and Epic Mickey 2 Wii U, and a black Pro controller, none of which were valid with the last coupon code.

[quote name='Gareee']I just tried that code at newegg, and it would only do $12 per order... do you have to do multiple orders to get the discount on multiple items?

(I wanted to preorder zombi u and the pro controller)[/QUOTE]
Yes. Make those separate orders and you will get $12 off on each order.

[quote name='rayfrombk']You're welcome. I preordered a black pro controller during their last promo and I'm wondering if I should get another one.. my wallet is going to hate me! :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

sweet. i actually missed out last time. picked one up this time. i was tempted to get two, but i think i'll wait to see what happens after the wii u launches.

[quote name='slappynutz']Thanks. In for New Super Mario Bros U, and Pikmin 3, and Epic Mickey 2 Wii U, and a black Pro controller, none of which were valid with the last coupon code.[/QUOTE]

I got almost the same items except Rayman Legends instead of Pikmin 3. I got all of these on the last coupon code but itching to buy more..

I also bought a Wii version of Epic Mickey 2 @ GameStop to get the Oswald Ears hat preorder bonus. Anyone know if I can just return the game and keep the bonus item? :D

anyone planning on getting cod-bo 2 on the wii u as opposed to the ps3 or 360? i'm still contemplating that myself.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I got almost the same items except Rayman Legends instead of Pikmin 3. I got all of these on the last coupon code but itching to buy more..

I also bought a Wii version of Epic Mickey 2 @ GameStop to get the Oswald Ears hat preorder bonus. Anyone know if I can just return the game and keep the bonus item? :D[/QUOTE]

pretty sure you can (what are they going to do, force you to give the ears back?)

[quote name='rayfrombk']I got almost the same items except Rayman Legends instead of Pikmin 3. I got all of these on the last coupon code but itching to buy more..

I also bought a Wii version of Epic Mickey 2 @ GameStop to get the Oswald Ears hat preorder bonus. Anyone know if I can just return the game and keep the bonus item? :D[/QUOTE]

I went through and checked some of my older orders to cancel/reorder (just two PS3 games got the extra $2 off) ... I'd preordered Rayman Legends during the last sale when it was $49.99, so I actually have it already for $39.99. :D

[quote name='slappynutz']I went through and checked some of my older orders to cancel/reorder (just two PS3 games got the extra $2 off) ... I'd preordered Rayman Legends during the last sale when it was $49.99, so I actually have it already for $39.99. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice.. can't believe I missed out on that.

Hmmm... very odd.. now one appears to list a Wii U skylanders Giants portal owners set.

For some reason, nintendo has decided that the wii u skylanders giants starter pack will include a wired portal.. however the original wireless portal is supposed to work.

BUT they aren't listing a Wii U basic set for owners who already own the wireless portal.

I guess we'll just shelve getting that until they decide what the hell they are actually doing with it.

Since we are getting the deluxe set with nintendoland, I'm mulling over getting a real next gen like game first to go with it, like AC3, Darksiders II, or Zombi U rathe than picking up Super Mario Wii U. (I know we'll have multiplayer fun with it, but I have't seen anything about it that really shows off the power of the new system yet.

We'll need some eye candy.

[quote name='draigun']They have non 24-hour Walmarts?

AsuKy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in fact my city prevents my local Walmart from expanding into a Super Walmart. (no groceries) in fear it would hurt other local businesses

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']anyone planning on getting cod-bo 2 on the wii u as opposed to the ps3 or 360? i'm still contemplating that myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about it too. Just waiting to see how Nintendo sets up the online, if it has party chat and how DLC will work.

Hell, I am in for 4 Pro Controllers and NSMB Wii U. I figure I'll want the Pro Controllers for the next Smash Bros. game, and I doubt they will be any cheaper when it comes out.

And if Nintendo releases some sweet controllers here like they are in Australia, I'll just sell one.

[quote name='ch2423']I'm thinking about it too. Just waiting to see how Nintendo sets up the online, if it has party chat and how DLC will work.[/QUOTE]

Im getting it the controller will be so new too people it will be a level playing field all the way around... im concerned about dlc as well I don't think nintendo64 thought the storage size through if they do have any real dlc plans...

While in Walmart today, I saw a Nintendo rep setting up a "Wii U" station.

Will check back on Friday to see if there is a demo unit to play.

Everything went smoothly here at the Florida City Super Walmart. I believe I was the 8th person. I believe two people ordered 2, but overall no problems here. The only thing that did throw me off, is that they told me the item needs to be picked up on Nov 18, and I cannot continue paying through Dec 14 as the receipt says.

[quote name='kangchousa']I ordered 1 at Walmart (on Kelly Johnson Pkwy) in Santa Clarita, CA around 10 this morning. Apparently, I was the first one doing it and told that the store could only take 4 preorders. One on the Old Rd does not have anybody on the reserve yet, and the store's also given 4 preorders. If you happen to be in Santa Clarita/Valley area, there you go. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to ya (not that it really matters), but I preordered at this walmart on the 14th at 9am. I even had to bring the memo and talk to their manager so they knew what to do, and this took forever lol. So I'm the first, and I'm guessing you're the 2nd which means they may not have much more left if what you said about only 4 being available is true.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']anyone planning on getting cod-bo 2 on the wii u as opposed to the ps3 or 360? i'm still contemplating that myself.[/QUOTE]
Considering that Nintendo has said nothing about it's online and right now on the 3DS it's about the same level as 1994 I would skip it.

I just placed an order in Chula Vista, CA, next to Best Buy. The lady didn't know about the Wii-U, but I showed her the ad and the Wal-Mart print out instructions and everything went smoothly from there. She did tell me they will open at 9am, but she isn't sure if they will be there at midnight.

[quote name='wohomerhoo']It looks like you can upgrade to a Deluxe for $50[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get it through checkout. It eventually complained about the console being out of stock.

[quote name='wohomerhoo']It looks like you can upgrade to a Deluxe for $50[/QUOTE]

Deluxe is out of stock so it will not let you check out.

[quote name='ral1121']It is not in stock. That page did fool me earlier, but if you do a search for it, you get this:

From $399.00
Out of stock online[/QUOTE]

ral.. it slowly goes in and out of stock periodically throughout each day. It currently is out of stock now, but 20 minutes ago it wasn't.

Blah, I'm not sure what to get with the Newegg promo code, if anything. I was going to get Scribblenauts because it's my MUST HAVE for Wii U, but I want to get the new hat from GameStop and I really don't think I should get another game at launch. Meh. I might get a controller, but I just don't know.

[quote name='draigun']They have non 24-hour Walmarts?

AsuKy.gif
[/QUOTE]
We only got a 24-hour Walmart very recently. The others close at midnight, with the exception of one that closes at 11 PM. Before adding a grocery section, the one by my house (where I did my pre-order) closed at 10 PM. When I moved here about 10 years ago, I was surprised to see that there are non-24-hour stores, but I've since noticed that they're actually pretty common.

No problems on getting a layaway for the Deluxe Wii U at the Henrietta, NY location of Walmart. Didn't specifiy how much they had remaining, but they had them.

One thing that I was curious about was that the receipt doesn't show the launch date of November 18th as a pickup. It just mentions to pick it up before December 14th. Will check up on that since I have to go back anyways to make sure they corrected the spelling of my last name :/

In and out of my Richmond, VA WM in under 5 minutes with a layaway/preorder, they were very prepared, had all the info in a folder right there at the counter.

[quote name='nflsonic']No problems on getting a layaway for the Deluxe Wii U at the Henrietta, NY location of Walmart. Didn't specifiy how much they had remaining, but they had them.

One thing that I was curious about was that the receipt doesn't show the launch date of November 18th as a pickup. It just mentions to pick it up before December 14th. Will check up on that since I have to go back anyways to make sure they corrected the spelling of my last name :/[/QUOTE]

They almost messed up my address by putting down NJ instead of NY. Good thing I was watching the cashier type in the details. Walmart employees.. =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back