Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vtswordfish']I wonder how many target cards were 'jacked' and never actually had money put down on them. A few local targets said they didn't even know about the cards but when I looked around I noticed they had pegs out at the Wii U section for them.[/QUOTE]

The cards are scanned on purchase, and I'm assuming that's how they keep track of preorders. The joke's on whoever was foolish enough to steal/hide any cards.

[quote name='xavior']The cards are scanned on purchase, and I'm assuming that's how they keep track of preorders. The joke's on whoever was foolish enough to steal/hide any cards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel like I saw some people selling 'just the card' though without even having put the money down on it. I could see a bunch of people scamming or such with the cards since people were willing to pay just for those.

Called the Target I got my pre-order card from, and the guy was clueless about everything. "You want a Wii?"
But he was honest enough to tell me that he didn't want to give me a wrong answer and that I should call tomorrow (when a regular worker is in?)

So what time is everyone (who pre-ordered) going to pick up their Wii U?

I got mine at WM...thinking about getting there at 11:30 pm..bring my DS and game some games during the wait. Getting there a half hour early for a potential line and in case they oversold their preorders or some s*** like that.

[quote name='Tdog987']So what time is everyone (who pre-ordered) going to pick up their Wii U?

I got mine at WM...thinking about getting there at 11:30 pm..bring my DS and game some games during the wait. Getting there a half hour early for a potential line and in case they oversold their preorders or some s*** like that.[/QUOTE]

Probably Monday morning. No need to rush. That's what preorders are for!

Stopped by my Wal-Mart and they showed me my preorder and said I could pick it up there at midnight Sunday. They had about 30 preorders it seems. Went by Target and they had 3 white preorder cards still hanging up. Also saw Wii U branded points cards that said only good on 3DS and Wii U.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Did you call them up? Or is that on the page somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I've talked to them directly through email.
Pretty much as of this moment, they don't know when they will receive units.

KMart is a good one I didn't think of...all the local stores open at 7AM and I bet alot of people don't think of them as a gaming retailer. Hmm.

Targets open at 8AM. The non-24 hour Wal-Marts open at 6AM.

...guess Best Buy's still my best bet at 11AM.

My Target and KMart both said I would be able to walk in on launch and walk out with a system. I don't know. My Walmart is 24hr so I might try like a 2AM visit.

Hello from XXXXXXX at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry that I was so late in getting back to you today and checking to see if the marketing team had emailed you with a response. I still don't see that they have responded to our request, but it has become known to me that this map isn't supported by the Wii U platform.

Because the 2025 Nuketown map isn't supported on the Wii U and that was the reason for the change taking place on the website. I am very sorry for any misunderstanding concerning this bonus offer that you won't receive with the Wii U version of this game.

I can see that one of my colleagues has already issued you a promotional credit for the problem and the delay in us notifying you about the status.

I appreciate your patience and hope you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

I also hope you will be able to use the credit to purchase something that you will truly enjoy! Thanks so much for shopping at Amazon.com.

Okay here's the current plan: I'm gonna try to leave my house by 6:30, to get to Target at 7, an hour before their opening. If the line seems a bit more ridiculous than expected I'll just move onto Best Buy, which opens at 11. There's a Kmart in between, but considering they open at 7AM, I don't know if I'd get there before their doors open.

My plan for launch: Arrive at Target at 5am (I have system preordered, but who knows how that will shake out with them) pick up system for my brother when they open at 8am.

Go to local game store to pickup ZombiU and Darksiders 2

Go to Bestbuy to pickup NSMBU and Sonic Racing

Go to Gamestop to pickup my Wii U system, Scribblenauts, and my pro controller.

Finally go home and enjoy! :)

[quote name='majorscud']My plan for launch: Arrive at Target at 5am (I have system preordered, but who knows how that will shake out with them) pick up system for my brother when they open at 8am.

Finally go home and enjoy! :)[/QUOTE]

That's quite the gameplan, enjoy!

[quote name='majorscud']My plan for launch: Arrive at Target at 5am (I have system preordered, but who knows how that will shake out with them) pick up system for my brother when they open at 8am.

Finally go home and enjoy! :)[/QUOTE]

That's an expensive few hours!

Wake up at 7am>Arive at Target at 8 am>Get my Wii U>Go to work at Toys R Us at 9am>Get NSMBU and ZombiU when I get off>cya in a couple days

[quote name='kurtori']Slightly OT but it looks like Rayman Legends has been pushed from 12/4/12 to March 2013. :/[/QUOTE]

Improving the tickle physics I read.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Wake up at 7am>Arive at Target at 8 am>Get my Wii U>Go to work at Toys R Us at 9am>Get NSMBU and ZombiU when I get off>cya in a couple days[/QUOTE]

They won't be running the 2/$30 off deal that day, huh?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That's an expensive few hours![/QUOTE]

Target: My mother is giving me the money for my brothers system

Local game store: Paid off ZombiU and Darksiders II with trade-ins

Bestbuy: paid for NSMBU and Sonic with old phone trade ins

Gamestop: paid off Wii U, Scribblenauts, and pro controller with trading in 2nd PS3 (still have another one) and a ton of games

Amazon: I paid for Black Ops II with trade in credit also.

So not expensive in cash, but I did do a LOT of trading in at different places to maximize deals and get everything I wanted.

Is there a way to cancel a frys.com order online? Can't find the option. I got a preorder from Walmart and need to cancel the one from Fry's before it ships.

[quote name='blackflag']Is there a way to cancel a frys.com order online? Can't find the option. I got a preorder from Walmart and need to cancel the one from Fry's before it ships.[/QUOTE]

Sure there is, you just put my address in the field and send it this way ;)

I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.

heads up: looks like Amazon has Scribblenauts for Wii U for $49.99 instead of $59.99 and it ships tomorrow. I just ordered and I'll cancel my gamestop order tomorrow (a scribblenauts hat preorder bonus isn't worth $10 to me.)

[quote name='leungw']I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

More likely Black Ops 2.

[quote name='leungw']I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Or Black Ops 2 lol

:lol:

[quote name='vtswordfish']Sure there is, you just put my address in the field and send it this way ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol that wouldn't work out as planned....for me,

[quote name='leungw']I hope they are. Can't imagine camping out for that long. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Tell it to that crazy Triforce guy camping out at Nintendo World. He's been lined up for about 3 weeks already. Ridiculous.

[quote name='007']Since it's glossy, yeah, I'd prefer white over black, but I can't deny the addition of NintendoLand, the console stand, and the charging cradle.

Those three alone made it a complete no-brainer for me. If they had a white bundle with that stuff, I'd be all over it... but, you know, not an option. When I realize I'd be buying all three of those 'additions' anyway, I'd feel ridiculously stupid to let color preference defeat the money issue. I'll just keep a microfiber cloth handy and call it a day.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the "Digital Deluxe" program that rewards you with points for buying disc based games to buy digital games with. 5$ per game is nice. Toki Tori will be 10$ off for me. Or free maybe. And the program only works with the black deluxe model.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Tell it to that crazy Triforce guy camping out at Nintendo World. He's been lined up for about 3 weeks already. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me he sat through Hurricane/Superstorm/Frankenstorm Sandy? ... :cold:

[quote name='rayfrombk']You're telling me he sat through Hurricane/Superstorm/Frankenstorm Sandy? ... :cold:[/QUOTE]

They made him leave during the Hurricane but he's back in line again.

[quote name='Nico8912']They made him leave during the Hurricane but he's back in line again.[/QUOTE]

Only after they promised him the first spot in line again when he returned.

That's my GameStop!

[quote name='maximumzero']Man if I had a pre-order I'd be sleeping in. It's hilarious to see so many "plans" by people that have pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

People don't want to leave it up to the stores to hold their systems, even if they are guaranteed. I have a walmart layaway and I'm still showing up 4 hours before midnight just to be sure. I've been waiting for this for a long time and I'm not going to let standing outside for a few hours be the difference between me getting my pre order and missing it because someone messed up.

My plan is just to go to Gamestop and pickup my console on Sunday morning. Too complicated thinking up these various plans and having some shit ruin them completely. After I safely get home with my console, then I'll decide what I need to buy next.

At the moment I have a copy of Monster Hunter Tri coming in the mail, and planning to pre-order Warriors Orochi 3 at GS. I'll be set for a while.

[quote name='maximumzero']Man if I had a pre-order I'd be sleeping in. It's hilarious to see so many "plans" by people that have pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Because most of us don't trust retailers to actually know what the hell to do.

No doubt some will get screwed even if they pre-ordered.

[quote name='dgwillia006']My plan is just to go to Gamestop and pickup my console on Sunday morning. Too complicated thinking up these various plans and having some shit ruin them completely. After I safely get home with my console, then I'll decide what I need to buy next.

At the moment I have a copy of Monster Hunter Tri coming in the mail, and planning to pre-order Warriors Orochi 3 at GS. I'll be set for a while.[/QUOTE]

If I hadn't already played the crap out of MHTri twice I'd definitely play it again. Such a great game.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Because most of us don't trust retailers to actually know what the hell to do.

No doubt some will get screwed even if they pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you sometimes just never know. I have a deluxe set preorder fully paid off at Gamestop, where they confirmed they were not doing a midnight opening. They did mention they may open a couple hours earlier than normal, so I figure I'll just get there a few hours early.

And no doubt I'll be stopping by 7-Eleven for coffee on the way. :)

Only reason I really got it again was because I lucked out and got an copy through Best Buy for 8$. Been waiting for it to pop up instock on the site, and it was magically there for like an hour today.

I'll be playing the hell out of it till Ultimate comes though. Hopefully I can talk a few of my WiiU buying friends into getting Tri as well

[quote name='GizmoGC']Because most of us don't trust retailers to actually know what the hell to do.

No doubt some will get screwed even if they pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Never underestimate the human element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back