Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rayfrombk']You're telling me he sat through Hurricane/Superstorm/Frankenstorm Sandy? ... :cold:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nico8912']They made him leave during the Hurricane but he's back in line again.[/QUOTE]

if he's that hardcore, why didn't he just pre-order?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Because most of us don't trust retailers to actually know what the hell to do.

No doubt some will get screwed even if they pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

I need to see if my WM where I'm second in line at is going to start selling the system at midnight. I mean, it's a Saturday/Sunday night anyways so it isn't like I'll be in a rush to get to bed for work the next day.

I talked to that guy at the electronics section of Target today. I asked if getting the preorder card guaranteed me a console. He checked with his service department head, and said that they would hold the Wii U's at the counter for people that preordered, and is guaranteed.

So I'm crossing my fingers. I'm getting pretty excited for this, it is only 6 days till release.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']if he's that hardcore, why didn't he just pre-order?[/QUOTE]

He probably did! He's just so hardcore that he HAS to have it first. His name is Triforce, for Mario's sake! It'd be wrong if he didn't have it first.

[quote name='advanced']He probably did! He's just so hardcore that he HAS to have it first. His name is Triforce, for Mario's sake! It'd be wrong if he didn't have it first.[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I'd feel even worse for the guy if that was the case. Camping out days to get something other people will barely have to spend 15 minutes to get just for the purpose of being "First".

[quote name='advanced']He probably did! He's just so hardcore that he HAS to have it first. His name is Triforce, for Mario's sake! It'd be wrong if he didn't have it first.[/QUOTE]

Not only that but Reggie is handing out the first one. He also handed out the first 3DS which Triforce was there first for that.

Not enough sarcasm in that post I guess. I think the guy is an idiot myself. I'd rather be the last person to get a Wii U on launch day if it means I get to, I don't know, live at home for the weeks leading up to it.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Is it confirmed that Wal-Mart will be opening on midnight on Sunday for layaway pre-orders? Or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this too myself. I have called my local Wal-Mart a few times now and every time I have been told that the systems would not be available until layaway opens at 9a.m. This obviously goes against what their own internal memo states. Granted I have it pre-ordered but I am not convinced this is going to go seamlessly. I have a 45 minute drive to make to the Wal-mart with the reservation and I really don't feel like driving there at night only to be turned away to have to drive up again the next morning. Problem I also have is that I have NSMBU reserved at Gamestop and it appears that none of those stores are doing a midnight launch either.

So new question: Since I've decided to check out Target first this Sunday, will they be prepped to handle a launch crowd or will it be a case of "First person that runs to electronics and grabs an associate gets a console first."?

I have to work on Sunday from 8-4, so I won't be able to pick it up at opening from GS. I'm going to go there on Saturday and pay off my console, Mario, and the controller and ensure that picking it up after work will not risk my chance of claiming my preorder.

[quote name='maximumzero']So new question: Since I've decided to check out Target first this Sunday, will they be prepped to handle a launch crowd or will it be a case of "First person that runs to electronics and grabs an associate gets a console first."?[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be surprised if it was the latter lol. I'v seen it happen before, its always quite hilarious. Even more so when the employee refuses them service

[quote name='$hady']The real money to be made is on Craigslist and let them comparison shop to Ebay. Just make sure you packin heat or bring a friend and most importantly meet in public as you never know who will show up.[/QUOTE]

lol packin heat? I meet people in police station lots. Problem solved.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah I feel like I saw some people selling 'just the card' though without even having put the money down on it. I could see a bunch of people scamming or such with the cards since people were willing to pay just for those.[/QUOTE]

Receipts were included with all mine.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Is it confirmed that Wal-Mart will be opening on midnight on Sunday for layaway pre-orders? Or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

You will buy/pick up your layaway at the layaway counter of your local Walmart. There will probably be 2 lines or tickets or something.

really have no choice but to get mine at k-mart since i get a 10% discount and I have $15 gaming coupon, Just gotta hope that there isn't some huge line or anything. Gonna get there extra early, not camping out though, no way i'm that desperate.

[quote name='rockstarnati']When I look at my orders on bestbuy.com, it says "No orders found." I'm sure it's some weird glitch or something, but it still makes me nervous.[/QUOTE]

I made an online Best Buy pre-order for in-store pickup right after the Wii U price and date were announced. A buddy of mine did the same thing, but he stupidly used a debit card to pay, and the pre-order was eventually canceled.

This might be a glitch, but it could also be that your preorder was cancelled. They should have let you know via email if it was.

[quote name='confoosious']Probably Monday morning. No need to rush. That's what preorders are for![/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'm going at a time when there will be no line and no worries.

- UPDATE ON FRED MEYER PRE ORDERS -

I went to fred meyers (portland OR) and spoke to them about the pre orders. They have a list in store with 5 slots for deluxe and 5 slots for basic. It clearly states on the list AND the pre order cards that

a- you must purchase a $75 gift card for a pre order (which I did)
b- the pre orders will be held for 48 hours
c- the lists are full at all stores

$75 is a big chunk of change to charge for a pre order that only gets you a spot in line. I was told my console will be held for 48 hours so im going to go with that. im number 3 on the list so I should have no problem. I will go in the store and try to find another game employee to squeeze some info out of. I will keep you guys updated with my findings

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I made an online Best Buy pre-order for in-store pickup right after the Wii U price and date were announced. A buddy of mine did the same thing, but he stupidly used a debit card to pay, and the pre-order was eventually canceled.

This might be a glitch, but it could also be that your preorder was cancelled. They should have let you know via email if it was.[/QUOTE]

No, it was definitely a "glitch" or something. Many people's orders disappeared at that time. And it wasn't just the one order. It was every order I've ever placed. Best Buy was probably doing maintenance or something. As I said, everything is fine and back to normal now. My order wasn't cancelled.

I also placed my pre-order for in-store pickup right after they went up on day 1. Paid in full with PayPal, gift cards and reward certificates. Payment has been validated. What does using a debit card have to do with anything though?

[quote name='rockstarnati']No, it was definitely a "glitch" or something. Many people's orders disappeared at that time. And it wasn't just the one order. It was every order I've ever placed. Best Buy was probably doing maintenance or something. As I said, everything is fine and back to normal now. My order wasn't cancelled.

I also placed my pre-order for in-store pickup right after they went up on day 1. Paid in full with PayPal, gift cards and reward certificates. Payment has been validated. What does using a debit card have to do with anything though?[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear that it really was a glitch. I think the issue with my friend's debit card was that either his bank denied the charge for some reason and Best Buy just canceled it without telling him or asking for a different payment type. He got an email after the order was canceled and that was that.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']That's good to hear that it really was a glitch. I think the issue with my friend's debit card was that either his bank denied the charge for some reason and Best Buy just canceled it without telling him or asking for a different payment type. He got an email after the order was canceled and that was that.[/QUOTE]

My bet would be that one authorization hadn't fallen off when they attempted another and got declined. Just one scenario though

I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.

[quote name='Tdog987']So what time is everyone (who pre-ordered) going to pick up their Wii U?[/QUOTE]
I'll be going to Walmart right around midnight. I don't expect there to be much of a line. If there is, I'll just go back later. And because we live in a shitty town, I'll have a gun with me just in case there isn't any security. I don't really think I will actually need it and I know it sounds like overkill, but I would rather take a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

[quote name='majorscud']heads up: looks like Amazon has Scribblenauts for Wii U for $49.99 instead of $59.99 and it ships tomorrow. I just ordered and I'll cancel my gamestop order tomorrow (a scribblenauts hat preorder bonus isn't worth $10 to me.)[/QUOTE]
I'm torn. The hat is worth $10 to me, but it would be awesome to have the game early so I can play it as soon as I pick up my Wii U. It's tempting to order from Amazon, pick up my preorder and bonus, and then take the preorder back later and keep the bonus. 'Tis morally questionable, I suppose, but I'm kinda okay with coming out on top. However, I'm also quite lazy.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']My bet would be that one authorization hadn't fallen off when they attempted another and got declined. Just one scenario though[/QUOTE]

I made sure the credit card I used had plenty of limit so it had a minuscule chance of being denied.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']That's good to hear that it really was a glitch. I think the issue with my friend's debit card was that either his bank denied the charge for some reason and Best Buy just canceled it without telling him or asking for a different payment type. He got an email after the order was canceled and that was that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Gotcha.

Just got back from gamestop picking up black ops 2.

Inquired about WiiU news, my gamestop has 5 pre orders total (one is mine). No special midnight opening, just regular Sunday hours. Very underwhelming

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.[/QUOTE]

Rocketfish already has one out. I saw it in Best Buy yesterday, and I think it was $9.99.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'll be going to Walmart right around midnight. I don't expect there to be much of a line. If there is, I'll just go back later. And because we live in a shitty town, I'll have a gun with me just in case there isn't any security. I don't really think I will actually need it and I know it sounds like overkill, but I would rather take a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

[/QUOTE]

This is the most hardcore CAG post I have ever seen.

My wallmart hours are from 6am to 12AM. I was wondering If I can go on saturday around 11:50 pm, and get the system just prior to the store closing.

Also, any news on TRU release?

[quote name='Davivascaino']My wallmart hours are from 6am to 12AM. I was wondering If I can go on saturday around 11:50 pm, and get the system just prior to the store closing.

Also, any news on TRU release?[/QUOTE]

The TRU that I preordered at will be opening at 8am this Sunday, so I will be heading there at about 7:45am. Then, if I haven't heard anything from gamestop.com by Sunday, I will be heading to Target to pick up my other preorder. That one is a Christmas gift for my niece that I am having shipped to SC.

[quote name='Rockym']The TRU that I preordered at will be opening at 8am this Sunday, so I will be heading there at about 7:45am. Then, if I haven't heard anything from gamestop.com by Sunday, I will be heading to Target to pick up my other preorder. That one is a Christmas gift for my niece that I am having shipped to SC.[/QUOTE]

Are they going to set the system aside?? I am just concerned I might get screwed:cold:

[quote name='junghu']I have yet heard anything from Bestbuy at this point except the order confirmation I received long ago.........[/QUOTE]

did you check the website? Mine says payment validate, so they already put a pending on my card. It think this is good news

[quote name='Davivascaino']Are they going to set the system aside?? I am just concerned I might get screwed:cold:[/QUOTE]

That's what they told me at TRU when I preordered back in Sept. They will have preorders set aside.

[quote name='Reraise']Just got back from gamestop picking up black ops 2.

Inquired about WiiU news, my gamestop has 5 pre orders total (one is mine). No special midnight opening, just regular Sunday hours. Very underwhelming

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is I might have a chance to walk out with a system without a pre-order? Assuming my Gamestop as extras outside of the preorder allotment.

[quote name='gravel']Rocketfish already has one out. I saw it in Best Buy yesterday, and I think it was $9.99.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Not sure how I feel about that, though. I would be more interested in it if it weren't clear; I just know it would annoy me every time I saw a spec of dust get stuck under the case. I was considering a silicone sleeve although they feel funny, but then I realized that they cover up the trigger buttons, which I think would make things awkward. I'm still considering the Rocketfish case, but I may just put up with the GamePad until something better comes along. I would like to just get a Basic Wii U and switch the controllers, but that's a little too shady even for me. But maybe I can find someone on Craigslist who will want to trade.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']This is the most hardcore CAG post I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha ha. I've got a wife and a kid, so I don't want anything to happen to me. And if they decide that they want to go with me, I sure as hell don't want something to happen to them. Of course, if that's the case, I'll probably have them wait in the van and then meet me at the door. Then my wife can run down any potential muggers.

[quote name='hoofrog']So what you are saying is I might have a chance to walk out with a system without a pre-order? Assuming my Gamestop as extras outside of the preorder allotment.[/QUOTE]

I'd forget about Gamestop. They have that waiting list going that has about 250k names on it. I would imagine that after preorders are filled, any extras would go to people on that list.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
Ha ha ha. I've got a wife and a kid, so I don't want anything to happen to me. And if they decide that they want to go with me, I sure as hell don't want something to happen to them. Of course, if that's the case, I'll probably have them wait in the van and then meet me at the door. Then my wife can run down any potential muggers.[/QUOTE]

I'll go to my Gamestop driving one of this fuck ing tanks. LOL

A0cX3l.jpg

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ha ha ha. I've got a wife and a kid, so I don't want anything to happen to me. And if they decide that they want to go with me, I sure as hell don't want something to happen to them. Of course, if that's the case, I'll probably have them wait in the van and then meet me at the door. Then my wife can run down any potential muggers.[/QUOTE]

I'm having my wife meet me at the door at walmart at midnight. This is a real nice and sleepy town, but you never know!

Supposedly my toysrus took in like 22 preorders 2 are mine/bro so hopefully i will be fine. i used to work there so we shall see.

Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.[/QUOTE]

Rarity of the item. There were a couple of people who got mugged/shot/stabbed in my home town when the Wii came out. People are crazy.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.
.[/quote]

I picked up the rocket fish one yesterday but I thought it also came with a screen protector. I think I will return as a clear case doesn't seem all that great

The Nerf armor kit is coming out today at GameStop. It's $20 and comes with a stylus.
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-nerf-armor-starter-kit/103908

Has anyone seen a song list for Sing Party? It's a big N published game and even their site has the songs "coming soon" lol. Sorry I know it's not the coolest launch title but I'm a karaoke junkie. :)

The Gamestop I'll be going to told me they had 15 pre-orders and would likely be opening up an hour early. I can't imagine it will be that busy but you never know how many people will just try to walk in and buy one. Hopefully the employees let people know if they even have any to sell live, and if so how many, to keep the crowd down.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a lot of CAGs just live in Detroit or Oakland or some other hellhole. Youre more likely to have your car broken into while you are buying your Wii U than to be robbed at gunpoint for it. Although, I guess some of those Nintendo fangirls can be pretty crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back