Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adamical']So is there a list of stores that will have walkins? I was assuming anywhere that took preorders would be sold out.[/QUOTE]

There are a couple websites on the first post of this thread that still have preorders available. But all the sites that still have them available are charging more than MSRP, and don't ensure launch delivery or Christmas delivery.

[quote name='Japakneez']Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :([/QUOTE]

all ages fun. Releasing the Kraken never gets old.... until, or course, you call upon the mighty Cthulu

Out of curiosity, has anyone pre-ordered from Deep Discount? I find it odd that they list it as a Nov 20th release. I wonder if they know they'll have units by then? It would be quite ironic if this was the first time DD didn't take forever to ship out preordered merchandise to those who ordered.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...[/QUOTE]

Decided to go ahead and quote one of the many examples of wtf people have gone through to snag a preorder. It's all over in a few days.

I'm at work and haven't had a chance to review posts since last night so sorry if this is a duplicate type post.
I have two on layaway at Walmart (Kenner, LA) and had my dad run by today since he's retired and I'm at work to get the scoop on release day. They told him I can go to layaway at midnight to pick my two systems up. The manager told him they have 44 consoles for release day. By time I spoke to my dad, he was gone. I asked him if the 44 included the 4 on layaway per the manager and he didn't know. He also didn't know how many are deluxe vs basic. He just said the manager told him there were 4 on layaway including my two and they had 44 consoles.
Figured I put it out there just in case. Seems like a decent number, even though I have no clue how many are deluxe but at least it appears Walmarts will have some for people with no preorders.
Just FYI.

[quote name='jpatern']I'm at work and haven't had a chance to review posts since last night so sorry if this is a duplicate type post.
I have two on layaway at Walmart (Kenner, LA) and had my dad run by today since he's retired and I'm at work to get the scoop on release day. They told him I can go to layaway at midnight to pick my two systems up. The manager told him they have 44 consoles for release day. By time I spoke to my dad, he was gone. I asked him if the 44 included the 4 on layaway per the manager and he didn't know. He also didn't know how many are deluxe vs basic. He just said the manager told him there were 4 on layaway including my two and they had 44 consoles.
Figured I put it out there just in case. Seems like a decent number, even though I have no clue how many are deluxe but at least it appears Walmarts will have some for people with no preorders.
Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

Hah, small world. My first stop Sunday morning will be the newish Target at the Esplanade Mall.

Though this makes me wonder how many the Wal-Mart in Boutte, LA will have. That's the closest retailer to me that will be carrying the Wii U.

[quote name='maximumzero']Hah, small world. My first stop Sunday morning will be the newish Target at the Esplanade Mall.

Though this makes me wonder how many the Wal-Mart in Boutte, LA will have. That's the closest retailer to me that will be carrying the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see another CAG in the neighborhood. I live 5 minutes from that Target but never checked it out for the Wii since I got the two preorders at Wally World. I have no clue about the Boutte location. You may want to check with them. Worse case, the Walmart in Kenner will have some available. The only question is when does the camping start.

[quote name='maximumzero']Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.[/QUOTE]

Its hilarious that you've spent hours and hours across several days replying to this thread but you act like you're way above spending over an hour in line to get the console this thread is about.

Hopefully you're just trolling, because that seems pretty moronic.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Wouldn't it be funny if you put it in the Wii and it worked? Lol[/QUOTE]

I'd try for laughs but I'm keeping it sealed just in case the first review pops up and it turns out this version IS inferior to previous-gen.

[quote name='Slowdance']Its hilarious that you've spent hours and hours across several days replying to this thread but you act like you're way above spending over an hour in line to get the console this thread is about.

Hopefully you're just trolling, because that seems pretty moronic.[/QUOTE]

The biggest reason I've been replying to this thread so much is because it's been a relatively slow work week and I've just been bouncing between here, Penny-Arcade, and NeoGAF, one of which I can't even post on.

It's not that I'm above spending over an hour in line (which is false because I'd be spending a hour and a half in line at Target and five hours at Best Buy) it's that I'm preparing myself to face that fact that there's about a 50/50 shot that I won't be getting a console Sunday. As I've mentioned previously, it's not really a big deal if I don't get one, I'll just be getting it later rather than sooner.

In fact the reason I don't have a pre-order is because it's been only recently that I decided I wanted one, my initial plan was to wait it out until around sometime in the spring, as my backlog is more than enough to keep me company between now and then.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Perhaps this is a purchase you don't need right now as it being charged twice overdrew your account? Not trying to be mean but things usually work out how they're supposed to. Maybe this is a sign.[/QUOTE]

My bank is not overdrawn.. for one, I use a different account for gaming, and second, there was enough money in the account to cover several WiiUs.. BB just kept requesting the funds when the bank already had it set aside.. I agree with the bank to refuse people keep trying to bill me for the same thing.. Im pissed off at Best Buy for doing it, and not giving me any chance to respond when there was a problem. Quit making financial assumptions, I am doing fine.

[quote name='Zazoo']That really sucks :(. Was it for a store pick up or shipping? Either way I would say go talk to your local Best Buy Manger. Call and find out what hours they work. Bring your pre order email and any other corispondents you have received. Explain your situation to them and they maybe able to help you out if they have extras. If yours was an in store pickup then they should already have one set a side or coming in for the number of In store pickups they has

If you don't ask they can't help. Just being calm polite and asking may get you a system. Managers want to keep customers and do try and help fix situations when they can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice and the nice responses I got from most of you. It was an instore pickup, I ordered it the minute it went live because I wanted to avoid any issues. Took the week off so I could play it too with my family over Thanksgiving. I did write a couple managers in town, and called the store where it was going. They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury. Ill keep a lookout to see if any sites post one available, driving to get one is not an issue. If all else fails, I probably can fill my week with AC3.

Ive had pretty good experiences with BB in the past, especially last xmas season was crazy. I am a silver member there, so it really pisses me off that they wont take help me. In talking with the people today they use the words cant help in the place of wont help. Thats what annoys me the most, they hide behind rules that they wont make exceptions for because it would take them a call to get permission. Ill probably still shop there, but never preordering again.. I talked with my bank, they granted the hold on Friday, then BB repeatedly spammed them requesting another hold for the same thing, so I really do not blame them for denying the multiple requests. Have no idea why BB had to do this so close to release.

Cant wait. I do wish gamestop.com would of shipped the WII Us sooner than 11.16

I would of pre ordered in the store for a WII U at gamestop but its a tad too far to drive on a sunday.

Why cant Nintendo release their stuff on a Tuesday.

[quote name='MadMoneyMan']Down to the wire! Lol Well.... almost! Has anyone gotten charged from bestbuy.com ship to store?[/QUOTE]

Mine says payment validated.

I used bestbuy credit card for payment

[quote name='fyrflash1969'] They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you bring a chair? Or is it more the cold? I have muscular dystrophy and if my preorder doesn't go through for whatever reason, I'm gonna try to be out there in line, but I would totally need a chair. Luckily, I have a wheelchair around so that solves that lol. As far as the cold, I mean if you can wrap up in some blankets or something it wouldn't be so bad. Might look weird, but hey, probably never see those other people picking one up again.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?[/QUOTE]

I hate people who abuse their military status. There was a long line on election day at the poll and a young lady went right in the polling place saying "if it helps, I'm in the military".

[quote name='iflabs']I hate people who abuse their military status. There was a long line on election day at the poll and a young lady went right in the polling place saying "if it helps, I'm in the military".[/QUOTE]

As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? fuck that.

[quote name='gkrykewy']As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? fuck that.[/QUOTE]

It's just that nintendonly guy being a douche... most of us really appreciate veterans. If fyrflash could let us know where he is, maybe a CAG can step up and help.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not a veteran and I approve his message. I fully support veterans getting *more* perks than regular folks.[/QUOTE]

AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.

[quote name='iflabs']I hate people who abuse their military status. There was a long line on election day at the poll and a young lady went right in the polling place saying "if it helps, I'm in the military".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?[/QUOTE]

Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

The fuck is wrong with you?

[quote name='anthroskull']AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, except for the walmart employee part

Okay, some of these comments were from several pages ago, but I made the mistake of sleeping for more than hour, so I haven't had a chance to address any of them yet...

[quote name='perdition(troy']Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.[/QUOTE]
Like I said before, I don't live in a nice town. But that's not even the biggest factor. In the past, numerous people have been mugged and even killed for their consoles around the holidays. There is also a huge difference between clothes and a brand new console. Wii U is expected to be a hot item just like every other console released just before Christmas. People get desperate and go crazy. My grandma literally had to fight off another person who tried to snatch an N64 from her at Target. Clothes simply do not see this kind of crazed demand. Another major factor to keep in mind is that this is a specific release event. People know that the Wii U is coming out on a specific day and that folks with money are going to wait in line for this expensive console that will be very easy to re-sell.

I am already aware that I am being paranoid, but I am also aware that there are desperate people out there who will do whatever it takes to either get the hottest Christmas items and/or make some money. I value my life/safety...I can't expect others to value it as well.

[quote name='Zazoo']I picked up the rocket fish one yesterday but I thought it also came with a screen protector. I think I will return as a clear case doesn't seem all that great

The Nerf armor kit is coming out today at GameStop. It's $20 and comes with a stylus.
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-nerf-armor-starter-kit/103908[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I might consider that one. It doesn't cover very much of the front, but it's better than nothing. I'll have to see it in person first, though.

[quote name='musha666']Youre more likely to have your car broken into while you are buying your Wii U than to be robbed at gunpoint for it.[/QUOTE]
No way. Like I mentioned above, this is a planned public event where people are going to be buying an expensive and popular item. There is a guarantee that a handful of people are going to have a hot, sellable item. It's also easy to assume that some of these people have money on them, even if cash isn't as common as it used to be. Being mugged by someone watching the exit sounds a lot more likely than someone randomly picking my shitty van out of the hundreds of other cars sitting around in the parking lot.

But like I said, I don't expect anything to actually happen to me. It's just a precaution. I would rather be wrong than be robbed, injured, or killed. And that's why Dirty Hairy is going with me.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Ahh crap. I hope they work.

Fred Meyer just had those wii remote plus 10 dollars off, plus an additional 10% off. :( I doubt they are still on sale. I should have grabbed one more just in case.[/QUOTE]
Keep looking around and you'll find something affordable. You might be able to find one the attachments going cheap on eBay (instead of buying a whole new remote).

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I guess I just don't see the point. There is no financial or other advantage to paying off a pre-order early, unless you literally can't trust yourself to not blow all the money you have set aside for the Wii U on Cheetos and Mt. Dew instead (and if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be spending $350+ on video game consoles).[/QUOTE]
Does it really matter? Maybe there's no advantage, but there's no disadvantage either. For some people, it's one less thing to worry about. For those who primarily use cash, they probably feel safer paying it off now. And some people are just excited and want to be able to say that it's all paid off. I just don't see how it's anyone else's concern.

[quote name='Japakneez']Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :([/QUOTE]
I am a HUGE fan of Scribblenauts. If it wasn't a launch title, I probably wouldn't have even pre-ordered the Wii U. I can't say whether or not you will enjoy it, but I think these games are ridiculously fun. You just need a decent imagination because without one, it wouldn't be interesting. Kinda like how Minecraft is really boring if you aren't creative (which is why I don't like it). Just check out some of the videos and see if it looks like something you would enjoy.

Getting a little side tracked...

Walmart Supercenter has
26 Pre-orders
58 are being ordered
so 32 will avaliable for customers on release day.

The regular one only had 14 ordered. But the store decided to order another 20, so 34 are going to that store.

Preordered my Wii U a while back from walmart, but it wont arrive until Tuesday. Any chance i can pick up a Wii U on launch date without a preorder?

[quote name='gkrykewy']As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? fuck that.[/QUOTE]

Except not all of them do that. Glad to know every military personnel is in one place!

[quote name='vlv723']Oh boy. I saw people camping out for a system today. (Best Buy in Glendale-Atwater Village, CA)[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow. It might need to drive by Thursday after class to check it out. Got mine preordered at the Pacoima store and they claim they don't have a lot of preorders.

I was at Fry's Electronics in Sunnyvale, California today.
There was a chalkboard where they listed Wii U bundles.

I believe a Deluxe + Super Mario Bros U for $429.

I didn't ask about the availability though.

Thanks for the offers to help, but thats not what I need.. just blowing off steam cause Im angry at Best Buy. I see a lot of talk about Veterans, and what people need to realize is that most Vets are selfless, and they risk everything because they believe in this country. They come back home, and find a job market that doesnt want them because they are a veteran. My personal story is that I was a criminal lawyer before deciding to serve, because my family serve. I did CI for five years and got injured. I needed some time off to recover, and during that time, I was not able to make payments on my student loans. I got defaulted on the loans, and when I was better, I applied for a federal job. I passed the application process, then got denied my TS clearance because I could not pay my loans while I was recovering. It took me three years to find a decent job, and it is no where near what I should be making, but it pays the bills and I can afford my gaming and systems habit. When I said I cant stand in line.. its not the standing, its more the cold on my joints that never heal, causes pain. Its been really cold at nights (in Austin), so I just cant do wait like that, sitting or standing.

I know a lot of vets are big gamers, we played them overseas during our tours. It helps you get through the stress of worrying about your next mission or your family at home. Its not like you can just go to the beach, or take a drive out there, so it gives you something to do with your comrades at night. With the internet now, you can still play games and communicate with that person who pulled you out of harms way and saved your life. People who dont come back with their bodies functional can still simulate playing the sports they enjoy.

As far as perks for vets... 10% at Walmart or a free meal at Chilis on Veterans day really does not do anything for the guy who will never walk again. Vets in this country will never get what they deserve. Ive learned to be happy with what I have because I know so many of us are far worse off than me, I dont feel I have a right to complain. People are free to think whatever they want, but until they put down that joystick and go experience a real life shooter, dont complain about the person who asks for a small break. All of us live free lives here because at one point or another in history an American soldier has left his family to protect us.

Again, thanks to everyone who offers assistance, but its just a system release, something I want, not need. Ill get a hold of one somehow, I have all of next week off, and there a lot of stores.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

The fuck is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about? No one forced them into that position. It was all part of the job description they signed onto at their own will. Why not give more to people with shit jobs by your logic? What about janitors and the accident scene crew that clean up your shit? Instead of mouthing off, why don't you write or do something to secure all of those benefits? Oh right, I forgot, it was much easier for you to ramble on the internets.

I have relatives serving in the Navy and Marines but they don't go prancing around being above everyone else. Did they their job and occasionally received appreciations gifts and thanks but they didn't abuse and flaunt it. Serving does not excuse you from humility and being humble like an ordinary citizen.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Thanks for the advice and the nice responses I got from most of you. It was an instore pickup, I ordered it the minute it went live because I wanted to avoid any issues. Took the week off so I could play it too with my family over Thanksgiving. I did write a couple managers in town, and called the store where it was going. They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury. Ill keep a lookout to see if any sites post one available, driving to get one is not an issue. If all else fails, I probably can fill my week with AC3.

Ive had pretty good experiences with BB in the past, especially last xmas season was crazy. I am a silver member there, so it really pisses me off that they wont take help me. In talking with the people today they use the words cant help in the place of wont help. Thats what annoys me the most, they hide behind rules that they wont make exceptions for because it would take them a call to get permission. Ill probably still shop there, but never preordering again.. I talked with my bank, they granted the hold on Friday, then BB repeatedly spammed them requesting another hold for the same thing, so I really do not blame them for denying the multiple requests. Have no idea why BB had to do this so close to release.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM

This Military talk should probably stop. Seeing as how its a Wii U preorder thread.

fyrflash1969, I wish you were in So. Cal. I would have helped you out with one of my extras. Best of luck.

Just left the BB I placed my preorder. CSR said there were 52 deluxe and 20 basic. He also said they are doing a midnight launch despite not being listed on the website so check with your store. He said the website isn't always accurate. He did say everyone who preordered was guaranteed a unit and was unsure if they would have any giveaways.

Wii U pro controller is on a 2-3 week delay according to my preorder bundle from them. I can cancel at no charge. I'm sure some of you will be receiving the same message soon if you haven't already.

He'd be pissed if he put his money down and they told him it was a 3-month wait too, I remember the fiasco with the 360 and PS3 when they came out, gamestop screwed me hard on both of those and I preordered way in advance, seems they've learned their lesson.

I called up my target right now (downtown seattle) and they said they aren't taking pre-orders and it is first come first serve on sunday morning at 8AM... I will probably go down Saturday night just to verify with them, if so I will camp out at the risk of being stabbed in downtown seattle at that hour. :)

[quote name='Drclaw411']Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

The fuck is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

Asking for companies to willingly just give discounts to GOVERNMENT-backed employees would require the government to give these companies tax subsidies (thus, making the tax-payers pay more), or the company would have to charge more for all of their products. I'd rather have neither, thanks.

To change the subject for now...Those who shop at Target and have a red card (tied to debit), how long does it take to go through that process in store? I'm looking at picking up my preorder on Sunday and would like to be able to get the 5% back if possible.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I'd pay more in taxes if I felt like it was going to the right place (i.e. veterans) but we all know that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I only deal with reality, not in ideals.

Is everyone else here who pre ordered a wii u at target going when they open in hopes they won't give away your pre order? I keep getting told different things by different workers there so I am hoping to get there right as they open

[quote name='sharpeone']To change the subject for now...Those who shop at Target and have a red card (tied to debit), how long does it take to go through that process in store? I'm looking at picking up my preorder on Sunday and would like to be able to get the 5% back if possible.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually pre-order in the store? I just called up mine and they said they are doing first come first serve.

I need to do the red card as well now that you mention it. Although I think you need a blank check... which I do not have.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Asking for companies to willingly just give discounts to GOVERNMENT-backed employees would require the government to give these companies tax subsidies (thus, making the tax-payers pay more), or the company would have to charge more for all of their products. I'd rather have neither, thanks.[/QUOTE]

yeah. what the hell is this, north korea?

[quote name='MotzCTG']Did you actually pre-order in the store? I just called up mine and they said they are doing first come first serve.

I need to do the red card as well now that you mention it. Although I think you need a blank check... which I do not have.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I bought a reservation card in Target. I was told they would hold these for up to 7 days, but I plan on being there when they open.

[quote name='anthroskull']AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if it was regional, but the Walmarts outside Ft Hood, TX used to give a military discount back in the day ('89, '90 timeframe) May have been the proximity to the base and/or the first Gulf. I do remember we all got out of taking HS mid-terms because of the the war.

I'm a disabled veteran. Been separated since '05. I almost always forget to ask about a military discount whenever I shop. When I was active it was the first thing out of my mouth (after Hello) when I hit register.

It's funny to see all these folks buying/playing these military based video games like COD:BLOPS2 who would never have enough balls to even join the military.

[quote name='iflabs']WTF are you talking about? No one forced them into that position. It was all part of the job description they signed onto at their own will. Why not give more to people with shit jobs by your logic? What about janitors and the accident scene crew that clean up your shit? Instead of mouthing off, why don't you write or do something to secure all of those benefits? Oh right, I forgot, it was much easier for you to ramble on the internets.

I have relatives serving in the Navy and Marines but they don't go prancing around being above everyone else. Did they their job and occasionally received appreciations gifts and thanks but they didn't abuse and flaunt it. Serving does not excuse you from humility and being humble like an ordinary citizen.[/QUOTE]

beautifully said. look i am glad we have volunteering armed service people willing to serve in the army. that being said we dont need to create a special class of people with special perks. give the military proper compensation? hell yes. create a life long series of special perks and benefits? God no. not every military guy serves in a war, not every one of them is some amazing self less person, and like any job pick 100 people and hire them and half of them will just flat out suck the army is no different. so no not every solider is created equal.

so i really think people need to get their heads out of the sand and realize not every solider is created equal and they dont deserve some life long special set of perks. proper compensation yes but if they come home in one piece let that be the end of it. take a page out of george washington. he lead the army to victory then quietly disappeared back home till we needed him again then after 2 terms as president(voluntarily leaving office something our modern politicians should consider) once again just slipped off into the sunset to live at home not demanding life long benefits, respect or even a freakin holiday....now that was a humble solider that served his country for the right reasons.

be forever thankful for their service? most certainly. be glad? hell yes. suck up and worship the ground they walk on? no not in a 1000 years.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
wiiulinesforming.jpg

Also, this guy is pissed that gamestop wouldn't let him pre-order a wii u because it was sold out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcrFg7s2rqU[/QUOTE]

just wow at that video lol

[quote name='vtswordfish']I'd pay more in taxes if I felt like it was going to the right place (i.e. veterans) but we all know that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

America already has some of the highest tax rates around....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back