Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with kilik64. The hardcore gamers already have the 360 and ps3. Why would i want to play arkham city and AC3 again on the WiiU when i already have them?. It makes no sense. The only games i would play would be the mario games and since the launch window only has 1 game for it that right now its pointless. Its still a family system but with upgraded graphics and a few new hardcore titles. Im not knocking on it cause I know it will sell like crazy and people will like it but hardcore gamers i dont see y they would be interested when the next gen of consoles are coming out in 2-3 yrs. And also the WiiU isnt the "next gen" leap. Its still current gen but has caught up with the 360 and PS3 for now...

[quote name='Pheee']Right about to take the chance at walmart lol[/QUOTE]

Damn that was easy.

left house at 11:45pm, 4th guy in line out of 5. Home by 12:15am.

Simple lol.

FYI - my system took a few hours to update (from about 7 to 12 ). Anyway it came in at about 880mb. It gives you access to the shop channel and miiverse and the chat feature. Pretty cool stuff. I do not think many people are through it though since I saw almost no one online on miverse

BTW to the guy who said his system froze twice, mine did one during miiverse and I had to pull the power cord. Hope that is not a sign of a bad system and is just bad software that can be updated...

Ordered my Wii U Deluxe on 11/08 via Target.com. Received their garbage 'delayed' email at 2am last night. Called them this morning to give them a good piece of my mind.

Really awesome local CAG nearby offered to let me have one of his extra Wii U Deluxe preorders. Went to Wal-Mart at 9pm to get in line, first people there. Ended up getting one and letting fellow CAG know I now wasn't in need.

Local Wal-Mart only had 28 TOTAL (including preorders). 18 of them were for preorders, so they ended up with 10 extras for sell. All deluxe, NO 8GB. Also, no NSMB. :(

Actually I'm not sure what is going on with this Nintendoland update. It has been going for ten or fifteen minutes. I wonder if it is running the main update again for some reason...

It's getting there now. I hope every game doesn't have to update...

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I guess this hardcore gamer wants to play the Wii U. Even when the new Xbox and PlayStation release, this will be a good console. This system is definitely powerful enough to make some amazing Exclusives. I can't wait for them to release. I also can't wait for the other new systems to launch. I guess I'm one real "gamer" that likes and enjoys the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Which is great, I'm glad that some people are willing to take a chance on the latest gimmick by Nintendo, I'm just not going to.

That and I'm sure we have different gaming tastes. I havent liked any first party nintendo games since the n64.

Crazy, I know.

Anybody else have a white screen with the Wii U logo on the bottom right? It's after the update installs. This is strange... It is playing a tune, and has been like this for at least 20 minutes.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']not good hearing all these lock up issues already after the update[/QUOTE]

Werent there quite a few with the wii launch, or shortly after?

[quote name='kilik64']Which is great, I'm glad that some people are willing to take a chance on the latest gimmick by Nintendo, I'm just not going to.

That and I'm sure we have different gaming tastes. I havent liked any first party nintendo games since the n64.

Crazy, I know.[/QUOTE]

And you think people here are interested in your opinions because?

To everyone whining about the Wii U not being for hardcore gamers, have fun playing Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda or Metroid on your PS3 and 360 ...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']wii,360,ps3 all had issues on launch[/QUOTE]

Well yea true there, I mean hell cant anyone launch a console without screwing something up?

;)

[quote name='kilik64']How so? Either way someone is going to wind up with this wii u. Either from me through ebay or from walmart when I return if it doesnt sell in the next 5 days.

Love the holier than though sect on CAG, cracks me up.[/QUOTE]
Real easy slime, you pulled a console out of a store and are going to charge someone extra for it.

Also don't give me this "oh my time is worth so and so"

[quote name='etcrane']To everyone whining about the Wii U not being for hardcore gamers, have fun playing Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda or Metroid on your PS3 and 360 ...[/QUOTE]

I'm too busy playing halo 4

Oh my, are people really arguing about who is truly a hardcore gamer? If it actually means so much to you that you have to get into a pissing match over it, you've already lost. Just enjoy your games and don't worry about what other people like.

[quote name='etcrane']To everyone whining about the Wii U not being for hardcore gamers, have fun playing Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda or Metroid on your PS3 and 360 ...[/QUOTE]

Well, have fun playing those on the Wii U because those will be the only games anyone cares about.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Real easy slime, you pulled a console out of a store and are going to charge someone extra for it.

Also don't give me this "oh my time is worth so and so"[/QUOTE]

he is the reason why i hate flippers. They only see the $ signs and go oh well i will never buy a wii u but will take one away from a true nintendo fan so i can make a quick buck. I hope he ends up returning itand no one buys it from him.

If I want to play little kids games I would take out my Nintendo and crack in Super Mario. Wii U is for little kids. Normal people will just buy a PS4 or Xbox 720.

[quote name='perfectsil']And you think people here are interested in your opinions because?[/QUOTE]

Never said they were, just throw them out there.

That basically proves my point, only good for nintendo games, which I personally have no interest in.

All Nintendo systems are for kids and casuals, don't even start that "hardcore loves the WiiU" nonsense

Just accept it's core audience and move on, your organ isn't any smaller because grandmothers and 4 year olds play on the same console you do.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']he is the reason why i hate flippers. They only see the $ signs and go oh well i will never buy a wii u but will take one away from a true nintendo fan so i can make a quick buck. I hope he ends up returning itand no one buys it from him.[/QUOTE]

I was going to keep my Wii U but it looks like Nintendo really dropped the ball on Online. That is just something you can't afford to do this time around.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh my, are people really arguing about who is truly a hardcore gamer? If it actually means so much to you that you have to get into a pissing match over it, you've already lost. Just enjoy your games and don't worry about what other people like.[/QUOTE]

ok i know you arent new to the internet so ill ask you are shocked by this because???

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']he is the reason why i hate flippers. They only see the $ signs and go oh well i will never buy a wii u but will take one away from a true nintendo fan so i can make a quick buck. I hope he ends up returning itand no one buys it from him.[/QUOTE]

Prolly is what will end up happening, either way a person who wants a wii u to PLAY will get it.

That person just aint me.

[quote name='kilik64']What hardcore gamer wants to play a Wii U? Six months from now people will be tired of the new gimmicks and will not be able to wait for the next real consoles to launch. Nintendo still hasnt gotten online mulitplayer right, and its too little too late to compete with psn and xbl.

It's the wii all over again. Great for casuals, ignored by real "gamers"

Just my opinion, but we'll all see how it shakes out.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean and would agree that the Wii U will be in big trouble when MS/Sony consoles release (and I'm much more looking forward to them than the Wii U), but still it's bullshit to say that "hardcore" or "real" gamers dont want to play a Wii U. Many of us grew up with the Marios and Zeldas that are only on Nintendo systems.

You apparently define hardcore and real gamers as gamers that are too cool for the casual kiddie type shit?

I think most people who put some thought into it though would define a "real" or "hardcore" gamer more along the lines of time spent playing and the amount of enjoyment they get from video gaming in general, no matter what game they happen to be playing. IMO someone that plays the shit out of Angry Birds is still a hardcore gamer (even though it's obviously a casual game itself).

[quote name='Tiako']I was going to keep my Wii U but it looks like Nintendo really dropped the ball on Online. That is just something you can't afford to do this time around.[/QUOTE]

i agree nintendo NEEDS to spend money and time into making a full out right online service. Im sorry but i will not be playing any online mulitplayer games that are not only on wii u on the wii u.

[quote name='lakers2008']If I want to play little kids games I would take out my Nintendo and crack in Super Mario. Wii U is for little kids. Normal people will just buy a PS4 or Xbox 720.[/QUOTE]

Really? I wish people would get banned for idiocy.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']All Nintendo systems are for kids and casuals, don't even start that "hardcore loves the WiiU" nonsense

Just accept it's core audience and move on, your organ isn't any smaller because grandmothers and 4 year olds play on the same console you do.[/QUOTE]

And there is nothing wrong with that, it just doesnt, and shouldnt, appeal to the "hardcore" demographic. The people who play online and care about quality third party titles and to play with their friends. The only difference for the most part really between ps3 and xbox is which system your friends play on.

They sure is shit aint gonna be playing COD32 on Wii U.

Online is almost all that matters to the "hardcore" gamer and I have zero faith in Nintendo to provide anything close to psn for xbl

OK, people, STOP. I will start handing out temp bans for anyone that continues any of these sorts of discussions here:

1) Hardcore vs casual gamers and where the Wii U fits in
2) Flipping talk
3) Anything else that isn't related to preorder pickup/Wii U purchasing and general first-day issues with the console itself or retailers.

Once we are through the preorder pickup phase I'll probably close this thread and refer everyone to the (already existing) Wii U general discussion thread.

If someone wants to go make a thread in the Wii forum or the General gaming area where people can argue back and forth over hardcore vs. casual gaming and where Nintendo does or doesn't fit in, go right ahead. Just keep it out of this thread and the Deals forum in general.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol .. so many dumb immature fools in this thread ... I'll enjoy my Wii U right next to my 360, PS3 and PC[/QUOTE]

same here. I love video games too much to only have one system. Every system has great system only games.

[quote name='Octopod']All the angsty teenagers are out to troll now. lol

'Nintendo is for kids! CoD and Halo are hardcore.'[/QUOTE]

Stop pretending Nintendo adds anything of value as far as online games go.

[quote name='Tiako']Stop pretending Nintendo adds anything of value as far as online games go.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea at this point really what it adds to online. Not sure what online has to do with anything either.

[quote name='io']OK, people, STOP. I will start handing out temp bans for anyone that continues any of these sorts of discussions here:

2) Flipping talk
3) Anything else that isn't related to preorder pickup/Wii U purchasing and general first-day issues with the console itself or retailers.

Once we are through the preorder pickup phase I'll probably close this thread and refer everyone to the (already existing) Wii U general discussion thread.[/QUOTE]

In the nonexistent WII U sub thread under nintendo?

Where is this general discussion thread?

Can someone please tell me if you can choose the audio outputs? As in, if you can change the audio to come from the AV cables? Or if the game audio sound comes from the gamepad it'self or not?

Just got my deluxe Wii U from Walmart Layaway. Took about 30 mins for them to sort their systems out, but I eventually got it. Right now I'm doing the system update and its about 40% done. Can't wait to try out Nintendo land!

[quote name='kilik64']In the nonexistent WII U sub thread under nintendo?

Where is this general discussion thread?[/QUOTE]

I'll have to see if Cheapy can add a Wii U subforum but it doesn't take too much smarts to look in the Wii forum and see all the Wii U threads there. As for the ongoing general discussion thread, it has a stupid title which I will rename now. (It was called "WII U, where are you?"). I will rename that but, actually, I don't want to see people trolling in there either. If you want to make a specific "Vs" type post saying how much the Wii U sucks (or arguing back and forth about it), make a thread just for that.

General discussion can be a couple of places: "General Gaming & Industry News" or "Deal/Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights". Though, really, it probably just belongs in the Wii forum.

[quote name='polyh3dron']Anybody have their Newegg bundles shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

I believe newegg doesn't ship/do anything on sundays lol

[quote name='io']OK, people, STOP. I will start handing out temp bans for anyone that continues any of these sorts of discussions here:

2) Flipping talk

Once we are through the preorder pickup phase I'll probably close this thread and refer everyone to the (already existing) Wii U general discussion thread.

If someone wants to go make a thread in the Wii forum or the General gaming area where people can argue back and forth over hardcore vs. casual gaming and where Nintendo does or doesn't fit in, go right ahead. Just keep it out of this thread and the Deals forum in general.[/QUOTE]

so basically this entire thread will continue to go down in the list since the only thing people were talking about in this thread were those three points you listed.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']so basically this entire thread will continue to go down in the list since the only thing people were talking about in this thread were those three points you listed.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='io']I'll have to see if Cheapy can add a Wii U subforum but it doesn't take too much smarts to look in the Wii forum and see all the Wii U threads there. As for the ongoing general discussion thread, it has a stupid title which I will rename now. (It was called "WII U, where are you?"). I will rename that but, actually, I don't want to see people trolling in there either. If you want to make a specific "Vs" type post saying how much the Wii U sucks (or arguing back and forth about it), make a thread just for that.

General discussion can be a couple of places: "General Gaming & Industry News" or "Deal/Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights". Though, really, it probably just belongs in the Wii forum.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't going to continue anything just asking a legit question about where the Wii u section is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back