Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to my walmart at 11:50, only one other person there lol

They only had 4 Basic and 3 Deluxe. They didn't even know if they were doing it or not, but I told them that 3 different people there had already told me over the phone that they would. They got better about the situation once me and the other customer told them we'd be paying with credit instead of cash. So got out of there with my deluxe and zombi-u. Thank you CAG, I did not get to pre-order at Gamestop or anywhere else but you guys were on top of the wal-mart situation and because of this forum, I was able to get a Wii-u at launch after all. And no way am I flipping it, going to have fun playing it!!!! Once this update is done lol :p

Caved and bought one anyway just to keep the streak alive. Walked into my local Walmart at 11:50pm to get some oil for an oil change I have to do in the morning anyway and decied to pick one up if they had any. There was about 8 people looking to buy one and they must have had about 12 deluxes and 4 regulars. I talked a nice Canadian couple into getting the deluxe for their kid since it's clearly the better deal/investment. Especially if you buy stuff from the digital store. I'm probably going to regret getting it right away..

[quote name='PRrambo']Got to my walmart at 11:50, only one other person there lol

They only had 4 Basic and 3 Deluxe. They didn't even know if they were doing it or not, but I told them that 3 different people there had already told me over the phone that they would. They got better about the situation once me and the other customer told them we'd be paying with credit instead of cash. So got out of there with my deluxe and zombi-u. Thank you CAG, I did not get to pre-order at Gamestop or anywhere else but you guys were on top of the wal-mart situation and because of this forum, I was able to get a Wii-u at launch after all. And no way am I flipping it, going to have fun playing it!!!! Once this update is done lol :p[/QUOTE]

grats. Let me know how zombi u is. Going to be picking it up in 5 hours when toysrus opens. Still deciding in 2nd game for b1get140% off.

Looks like 13 is my lucky number. I walked into Wal-Mart 5 minutes before midnight. They had 13 deluxe units, and I was 13th in line. They were very organized and had all the games and accessories there for those who wanted them.

My WalMart only had the basic system for people who did not preorder/layaway. There were 4 people in line who did not preorder.

Walked in at 12:09am - walked out at 12:30 because I had to get milk.

This is my first post here. I've been watching this thread for weeks and anxiously awaiting the wii u release. I preordered the deluxe at my local Walmart in Utah a few weeks ago. I was the first to do so. Tonights midnight release went without a hitch and I was second in line. They had a rope set up separating the layaway from the extras. I counted 29 preorders on the counter and they had 12 deluxe and 4 base available for walk-ins. They had a ton of different games & accesories piled on the back counter too. My brother-in-law went with me who hadn't preordered and walk away with a deluxe tonight. They were limited 1 per.

In addition to the console I bought Mario, Assassins Creed, and a Pro Controller. I also pulled up the TRU ad on my phone showing buy 1 get a second for 40% off so I saved about $24 on the second game. Unfortunately my brother-in-law showed the same TRU email to the cashier in his line but they didn't honor it. Was told they won't price match a % off because they don't know their original price. I got a little lucky and he was bummed but will hit TRU in the morning to take advantage of the sale.

I'm excited to be a member here and look forward to everything this site offers. Best of luck to everybody and be safe.

[quote name='Edwin29']Does anyone know if TRU will have the Zombie U in store? I don't see it online.[/QUOTE]

I know the one by me will.

[quote name='Calpounder']This is my first post here. I've been watching this thread for weeks and anxiously awaiting the wii u release. I preordered the deluxe at my local Walmart in Utah a few weeks ago. I was the first to do so. Tonights midnight release went without a hitch and I was second in line. They had a rope set up separating the layaway from the extras. I counted 29 preorders on the counter and they had 12 deluxe and 4 base available for walk-ins. They had a ton of different games & accesories piled on the back counter too. My brother-in-law went with me who hadn't preordered and walk away with a deluxe tonight. They were limited 1 per.

In addition to the console I bought Mario, Assassins Creed, and a Pro Controller. I also pulled up the TRU ad on my phone showing buy 1 get a second for 40% off so I saved about $24 on the second game. Unfortunately my brother-in-law showed the same TRU email to the cashier in his line but they didn't honor it. Was told they won't price match a % off because they don't know their original price. I got a little lucky and he was bummed but will hit TRU in the morning to take advantage of the sale.

I'm excited to be a member here and look forward to everything this site offers. Best of luck to everybody and be safe.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Enjoy your Wii U! :)

[quote name='CronO_O']grats. Let me know how zombi u is. Going to be picking it up in 5 hours when toysrus opens. Still deciding in 2nd game for b1get140% off.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll be picking my WiiU up at a TRU in NJ in 5 hours as well. Planning on getting NSMBU and Epic Mickey with it, not interested in zombie games or shooters. Which TRU are you going to? Mine's the Totowa NJ one. :)

Why is Club Nintendo only giving 160 coins for registering the WiiU? Both models have the same value even!! Surely this is a mistake right? Since when do they not give 1 coin per dollar spent? I was assuming this would get me my Platinum status for the year...

Also disappiointed my Nintenoland didn't have a Club Nintendo code either, though I figured they wouldn't give us one for that too.

Preordered at Walmart walked in payed it off
Picked up wii u controller saw amazon had them at 90 ! Walked out a new happy wii u owner !!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Why is Club Nintendo only giving 160 coins for registering the WiiU? Both models have the same value even!! Surely this is a mistake right? Since when do they not give 1 coin per dollar spent? I was assuming this would get me my Platinum status for the year...

Also disappiointed my Nintenoland didn't have a Club Nintendo code either, though I figured they wouldn't give us one for that too.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, sounds like if you wanted more coins on CN, buying a Basic set and then getting the NintendoLand game would be a better deal than the Deluxe set.

Just got back from the launch party at nintendo world. Got there late around 8pm. Got my system at around 2:40 am. So guess it was not so bad. Got a bunch of kool promo stuff in some goodie bags. Was a lot of fun, even though it was so cold.

I have my WiiU on layaway at Walmart but don't plan on picking it up till after Black Friday. Will they give mine away to someone that is willing to pay in full or am I good to pick it up on Saturday?

[quote name='Rockym']Hmm, sounds like if you wanted more coins on CN, buying a Basic set and then getting the NintendoLand game would be a better deal than the Deluxe set.[/QUOTE]

Almost! Haha

Seriously though, not worth the extra $10 just to get the coins when there is a (permanent?) digital discount that comes with the deluxe.

Also I only put a deposit on my WiiU at Walmart. Will they cancel it since I'm not making payments. I plan on paying it off when I pick it up next week Saturday (or Friday morning) before the Dec. 14 take off date that they have for it.

Hopefully they don't sell my WiiU to someone else today since I'm not picking it up.

I pre-ordered at three different Walmarts, got to the first one shortly after midnight (Which, to my surprise was JAM PACKED with people buying groceries. Who does that at midnight on a Saturday?!), they told me to go back at 9 AM. The second said the same thing. A guy in electronics at the last one was like "We only got 8," but I told him I had pre-ordered it, and he walked me to layaway. Since my friend and I both got two, they let us walk out with the Wiis in their unopened cases. :D

[quote name='Bazz']Bestbuy was horrible the way they did midnight launch sucked. super pissed didn't get anything[/QUOTE]

How were they horrible? Didn't do tickets and let you sit out there for an hour?

Walked into the local Wal-Mart at 11:55 and walked out with a Wii U basic 10 minutes later. They had 4 deluxe and 4 basic, and there was only 2 other people there. I know the Deluxe is the better deal, but I couldn't bring myself to buy the glossy black fingerprint/dust showing display.

I was able to get a Wii there on release night as well when it released, but there were at least a dozen people or so there that night. Didn't seem like anyone was that excited for the new system tonight.. I think one of the two other guys was a store employee that just got off work.

Just hooked it up and doing the update thing now. First impressions - giant controller is not as uncomfortable as the pictures made it seem, controlling TV and satellite box with the Wii U controller is sweet, and I wish they would have snugged the buttons up a little, they rattle like crazy when you move the controller around.

[quote name='Namerson']Anyone start transferring their Wii data to their Wii U yet? Cutest. Progress Bar. Ever.[/QUOTE]
Pictures? I won't be transferring my Wii, but I want to see this progress bar.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Why is Club Nintendo only giving 160 coins for registering the WiiU? Both models have the same value even!! Surely this is a mistake right? Since when do they not give 1 coin per dollar spent? I was assuming this would get me my Platinum status for the year...

Also disappiointed my Nintenoland didn't have a Club Nintendo code either, though I figured they wouldn't give us one for that too.[/QUOTE]
I don't think points have ever been valued that way. Wii, DSi, and 3DS were all 160 points according to my point history.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Also I only put a deposit on my WiiU at Walmart. Will they cancel it since I'm not making payments. I plan on paying it off when I pick it up next week Saturday (or Friday morning) before the Dec. 14 take off date that they have for it.

Hopefully they don't sell my WiiU to someone else today since I'm not picking it up.[/QUOTE]
The only people who can answer these questions are the people working at your store. There is no reason for them to sell your console, but mistakes happen.

Absolute hell at my Walmart tonight. Had two preorders to pick up and got there about 2 hours before midnight. I walked around for a while because there wasn't a line in Layaway and electronics had about 10 people standing in that department for theirs. I went back about an hour later and still nobody waiting in layaway so I found a manager to ask where I was supposed to line up for the preorders. Of course she told me to wait in layaway and somebody would help me at Midnight. At about 1130 two other people start lining up behind me then 10 minutes later 3 other people show up. I started to worry when 12:10 rolled around and nobody was helping us...then I started seeing people down the hall with their purchased Wii U's from electronics in their carts. I was starting to get hot...a janitor walked by and I asked him if he could get somebody in Layaway to help us which he did. So we get a manager to start processing our preorders and he has no clue at all how to do things, he was never even told that the store was doing a midnight launch. He then calls a person from electronics, then another manager and another. Seriously at one point 5 people where on the cash register trying to check me out. After 40 minutes they can tell I am getting pissed as well as the people behind me. They decide to push me aside and attempt to check out the next guy behind me. Guess what? His goes through no problem! The fun isn't even over yet. Come to find out the stores entire stock of Wii U's went out to electronics to be handed out to non-preordering people. I am sure you can imagine how upset everyone is....but it wasn't even 5 minutes before this unassuming rep from electronics comes down to layaway with a cart of all the unsold Wii U's. Ok, good....there are some left right. I am still going to get mine even though they never separated the preorders originally. For some reason the cashier wants to run everybody else through before attempting to do my order again. 5th guy in line is a god-damn flipper and has 4 he is picking up (yes I know he was a flipper because he was bragging how he just got back from another Walmart where he bought 5 other systems to sell)! They start to hand them out to him and they only have 3 black units left. I just wanted to freak out right there....I spoke up and told them I wasn't going to leave without one. None of the 3 managers that were there knew what to do. They all went into the back room for about 10 minutes and came out apologizing to the 5th guy in line telling him that he would have to be refunded for the two other systems they couldn't sell him. They also told me that they were going to sell me the last Deluxe model with 10% off. After calming down I was cool with that. Guess what the manager does next? Extends the 10% off to #5 in line flipper for the two black he was able to buy today, as well as the two black he will buy when they call him back once restocked, as well as 10% the 3 white units that were left over after everything was said and done. I didn't even know what to say or think at the time. I took my new Wii U and headed home exhausted.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't think points have ever been valued that way. Wii, DSi, and 3DS were all 160 points according to my point history.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't remember the coins I got for the 3DS (there was no Club Nintendo when the DS came out so no coins for me on that one) so you may be on to something there. Annoying that the games have coin values equivalent to retail prices but not the consoles. Could have sworn I got 250 for the 3DS though. Will check my history right now..

EDIT: 160 for each of the 2 3DSs I got at launch. That's a real bummer, but I guess I can't complain to the Big N if this is the standard rate. Still annoyed but feel like it's not that bad now.

Just got back from Walmart. They have 0 extra Wii Us for sale! They said every one they have was for Layaway orders!

People who were unable to get one tried to buy it off me for $450.

[quote name='Tiako']How were they horrible? Didn't do tickets and let you sit out there for an hour?[/QUOTE]

No they did tickets at some point when I wasn't there and I guess a bunch of people left and were able to come back when ever they pleased and I had to sit around and wait for them to have 2 extra shitty white consoles that went to 2 people in front of me. Instead of making people wait in line until 12 to get console and also tell me they had enough consoles over the F##'N phone and wait in line for 4 hours for no reason.

Lucked out! So I was told they had 7 Wii u's, and there were indeed 7 of us in line to purchase - as well as 3 pre-orders. But we were in line in the order we had shown up. Finally at 12, they come out with the shopping cart of Wii U's (some still in box). The Layaway desk was IN electronics as well, and not staffed, so they did it all at electronics with all of us in one line. It was run kinda oddly, like they'd never done it before.

I could see in the cart the had 2 deluxe opened already. The associate opened another box (2 more black!), and then another - 2 WHITE. I was worried that the pre-orders and the guy in front of me would nab the deluxes. They had taken down the names of the people standing in line for pre-order before bringing them out as well. But what luck - they called the guys in front of me - so they helped the line in the order it was there. I suppose since it was only 10 purchases, they figured it was best-case-scenario to rather piss off 3 people (2 of whom had shown up at 11:55), and not the other 7 who had all been waiting patiently for 2 hours.

Either way, I breathed a sigh of relief, and I got my deluxe! I asked about games - and oddly enough they I had to go back to the case, and pick out what I wanted and then wait in line again. SO ODD. I went back there (with the guy in front of me), and they had already semi-stocked Wii U games, including ZombiU, but oddly there was NO NSMB, which is the one I would have picked up, even though it's also on it's way.

Anyway, I passed, circled back around and my b/f who was waiting for me said he heard them say about 1 or 2 after me, that it was the last Deluxe sold, and the rest were Basic. I only HOPE that they had a separate stack for the pre-orders, because if I had pre-ordered a Deluxe, I'd be PISSED.

So I'm home, and I've started the update. I think I'm going to go to bed. I may still wake up early-ish and hit TRU's B1G1 sale. If they have NSMB in stock, and MAYBE Sonic...

Oh and I'm also happy to report that I already found a good home for my BB.com Wii U that should arrive on Monday night, to a friend who's been having a shitty time lately, so it cheered him up.

No pre-order ... 24 hr Walmart ... Wii U Deluxe acquired ... Mission Accomplished ...

Now sleep, then TRU at 8 am for accessories and games ... perhaps Wii U 2?

Any reports about the pro controllers being hard to find? I won't be able to pick up my Wii U until tomorrow and I'm thinking about ordering 1 online now.

Got it from Walmart, no problems. But it keeps giving me an error when I try to update. says it cant connect to the server...

[quote name='darkskill']Got it from Walmart, no problems. But it keeps giving me an error when I try to update. says it cant connect to the server...[/QUOTE]

Im going to guess the server is being bombarded. I was hoping to update mine before this happened :(

Well, woke up at 3:10am after having a dream I was first in line at BB, so vivid I thought it really happenned..realized it, jumped out of bed, grabbed messenger bag, Monster drink, got $1.50 gas station coffee, and I'm the only here going on an hour. Marked my territory with a $5 Academy folding chair and staying warm in the truck (49 degrees here with no wind, so not too bad, but u know us TX boys think anything less than 65 is freezing) This store only has one entrance, so I'm parked to where any headlights will catch my attention, then running to the chair. Damn this is exciting!!

Only bummer is this almost maxes the BB credit card, and won't be able to get but $50 for BF pre-sale..also means no accessories or games yet. But since we're not opening till x-mas, that gives me some time..

[quote name='rocky9868']Absolute hell at my Walmart tonight. Had two preorders to pick up and got there about 2 hours before midnight. I walked around for a while because there wasn't a line in Layaway and electronics had about 10 people standing in that department for theirs. I went back about an hour later and still nobody waiting in layaway so I found a manager to ask where I was supposed to line up for the preorders. Of course she told me to wait in layaway and somebody would help me at Midnight. At about 1130 two other people start lining up behind me then 10 minutes later 3 other people show up. I started to worry when 12:10 rolled around and nobody was helping us...then I started seeing people down the hall with their purchased Wii U's from electronics in their carts. I was starting to get hot...a janitor walked by and I asked him if he could get somebody in Layaway to help us which he did. So we get a manager to start processing our preorders and he has no clue at all how to do things, he was never even told that the store was doing a midnight launch. He then calls a person from electronics, then another manager and another. Seriously at one point 5 people where on the cash register trying to check me out. After 40 minutes they can tell I am getting pissed as well as the people behind me. They decide to push me aside and attempt to check out the next guy behind me. Guess what? His goes through no problem! The fun isn't even over yet. Come to find out the stores entire stock of Wii U's went out to electronics to be handed out to non-preordering people. I am sure you can imagine how upset everyone is....but it wasn't even 5 minutes before this unassuming rep from electronics comes down to layaway with a cart of all the unsold Wii U's. Ok, good....there are some left right. I am still going to get mine even though they never separated the preorders originally. For some reason the cashier wants to run everybody else through before attempting to do my order again. 5th guy in line is a god-damn flipper and has 4 he is picking up (yes I know he was a flipper because he was bragging how he just got back from another Walmart where he bought 5 other systems to sell)! They start to hand them out to him and they only have 3 black units left. I just wanted to freak out right there....I spoke up and told them I wasn't going to leave without one. None of the 3 managers that were there knew what to do. They all went into the back room for about 10 minutes and came out apologizing to the 5th guy in line telling him that he would have to be refunded for the two other systems they couldn't sell him. They also told me that they were going to sell me the last Deluxe model with 10% off. After calming down I was cool with that. Guess what the manager does next? Extends the 10% off to #5 in line flipper for the two black he was able to buy today, as well as the two black he will buy when they call him back once restocked, as well as 10% the 3 white units that were left over after everything was said and done. I didn't even know what to say or think at the time. I took my new Wii U and headed home exhausted.[/QUOTE]

WoW, I was expecting that to happen to someone. Walmart being clueless and selling all the pre orders to random people.

I got my Wii U from Wal-Mart smoothly and finished all of the updates.

I've mostly lurked in this thread, but I enjoyed reading each of your comments. I hope that you all get your Wii Us' with little trouble.

Just arrived at my Target to wait in line even though I have a preorder. No one is here. I think I will wait in my car for a bit.

Walked into Walmart at 11:45, asked the electronics person if they were doing a midnight launch, she asked for my receipt, I gave it to her and then she walked to the back to get my preorder. Came back out with a box that had my name on it and then told me to wait until 12:01. Waited then checked out and walked out.

I hope GameStop goes this smoothly at 10am.

My update took about an hour in total. No hangups or anything.

[quote name='Justamom']Just arrived at my Target to wait in line even though I have a preorder. No one is here. I think I will wait in my car for a bit.[/QUOTE]

I rolled by my target after the Walmart fiasco. There was no one there so ill probably head that way around 6. Hopefully no one has shown up yet.

[quote name='Aejeck']
Well I got hosed waited three hours was told they had my system. Guy came out and told the crowd they only had one deluxe left and so I asked if they had mine. Different guy took me back and found the order and said it was good. Came back out and said it was cancelled but would give me the last deluxe. Then the manager came out and harassed me, said he wouldn't honor it and told me to leave.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, you tried that glitch from SlickDeals and got busted. Good for the manager catching on like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back