Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rockym']

I let the woman go first and helped her pick out what she needed for multiplayer games with the system since she said she didn't have a Wii. She almost got a pro controller but I told her NintendoLand and NSMBU didn't use it and to get the remote and nunchuk combo instead.

Then it was my turn and I got my Deluxe plus NSMBU and Epic Mickey 2 as well as a pro controller even though I couldn't use it right.[/QUOTE]

The pro controller doesnt work with every wii U game? If so is how do you know which games it works with?

[quote name='Bankotsu']I was hoping Gamestop would have done a midnight release, but nope. Now, I have to wait for 3 more hours. The plan for today was wake up early to work on school work, workout at 10, head to Gamestop afterwards, set the system up, leave the system to update, watch Cowboys game. Hopefully, by halftime, the update should be done and I can start that transfer thing.

I said plan because....I haven't started doing any school work yet, unless you count opening the book a start.[/QUOTE]

Good thing DA BEARS play on Monday night

[quote name='caltab']The pro controller doesnt work with every wii U game? If so is how do you know which games it works with?[/QUOTE]

Says on the back of box :p

Had success at my target. Got there about 6am. No one else showed up til almost 8. Only 6 people total and we all got deluxe models. They acted like they had probably 6 more of the deluxe and equal number of basic. They didn't sell any pre order cards. This is at San Carlos in fort Myers if anyone is in my area still looking.

Showed up at Target ten minutes before opening there was one person ahead of me picked up my two deluxe models with no problem at all.

If anyone knows where I could pick one up in Orlando or surrounding areas please PM me. Have to go to work right now and won't be able to keep up with the thread.

[quote name='CronO_O']Says on the back of box :p[/QUOTE]

Yup. Strange thing though, Epic Mickey 2 supports the Classic Controller from the original Wii but not the Wii U Pro Controller. You'd think they'd include support for the Pro since its almost the same layout as the CC.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Good thing DA BEARS play on Monday night[/QUOTE]

I actually like the Cowboys game start at noon here. Like I said, I have something to kill time as the system updates.

Super Target in Gainesville, VA had 16 deluxe in stock, and 4 basics. 4 of us were there when the store open. Leaving 12 left. Wife got there 45 minutes later and snagged another deluxe, the guy said they only had 1 basic left and a couple deluxe left. That was about 30 minutes ago, I'm assuming they are all gone. Super Walmart had them all gone at midnight. Best Buy did not do a midnight launch here and they don't open till 11am I think, so you may have a shot.

I had no idea the pro controller didn't work with every game. Glad I read this thread cause I was going to buy one. The only games I am getting are mario and nintendo land...is there a list somewhere with all the games that support it?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']anyone here rattling on the right side of there gamepad?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Perhaps it's just the buttons or the accelerometer. Don't think it's something to be too concerned about.

Is it just mine, or is this initial Wii U update taking FOREVER!?!? I've played about 6-8 Big Team Slayer matches on Halo 4 while waiting...still isn't done

[quote name='Bankotsu']I actually like the Cowboys game start at noon here. Like I said, I have something to kill time as the system updates.[/QUOTE]

You guys are lucky you guys play the Browns this week. The Bears play the 49ers with our backup QB Jason Campbell starting. :( ( Although I think JC is a great backup)

[quote name='riotheart']Seems like these aren't actually selling out hm?[/QUOTE]

How is that possible? It's 9:45am on the East Coast and stores that aren't open 24/7 or didn't do a midnight launch (which are all sold out) will probably sell out within an hour or two?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']nintendo needs to call apple and learn how to do a touchscreen

gamepad idea is awesome but the responsiveness is not flawless at all[/QUOTE]

And Apple needs to learn not to be money hungry and not come out with a new iPad every 6 months and come out with a mini $130 over priced to every tablet at the same value. Sure... and this is why there stock has dropped 3% in the last couple of weeks.

[quote name='AcePuppy']And Apple needs to learn not to be money hungry and not come out with a new iPad every 6 months and come out with a mini $130 over priced to every tablet at the same value. Sure... and this is why there stock has dropped 3% in the last couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

Here we go!

[quote name='riotheart']Walmart had some at 4am and Walmart has the bundle available on their site. Also in a decent populated area.[/QUOTE]

Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity.

[quote name='AcePuppy']And Apple needs to learn not to be money hungry and not come out with a new iPad every 6 months and come out with a mini $130 over priced to every tablet at the same value. Sure... and this is why there stock has dropped 3% in the last couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

i agree

there touchscreen thought is the best in the biz

wish nintendo had that type of product on the gamepad

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metsfan1545d']it is because everyone is doing it[/QUOTE]

As long as you are connected you are good, plug the wiipad in and let it charge. The update should only take

1 hr, maybe a little more.

I took a well needed nap.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']it is because everyone is doing it[/QUOTE]

True, but DAMN it's taking a long time.

Edit: It finished :)

a capacitive touchpad would be good for touch, but terrible for writing.

since most games will have big chunky buttons to push, being able to write is probably more important

Got off work at 7:30am, only two people in line at my Target. They had 9 deluxe plus however many preorders. No hassle for me but others that showed up right at opening didn't get one.

[quote name='dennisb407']What's that noise??

Oh that's just the sound of ebay Wii prices falling lol[/QUOTE]

For now.

As December 25 gets closer, the Ebay Wii U prices will start to rise again. I've heard that some CAGs and even those more unscrupulous folks from Fatwallet & Slickdeals are buying more than 1 system (deluxe or standard makes no difference.). I wonder why any one person would by 2-5 Wii U systems?

Hmmmm.... I dunno. Maybe to donate them? (uh, sure) Or maybe to make a profit flipping them on EBay or Craigslist before Dec 25th.

I can hear those Ebay bells ringing again soon.

Strolled into Target around 8:30AM a bit concerned about how they were going to handle the pre-order cards. Was very quiet in electronics, so much so I mentioned it to woman behind counter. She gave me that "if you only knew" look. Apparantly a brazen soccer mom had ruined everyone's morning as she was unable to switch her basic to deluxe. Overall whole experience for me was quick (about 15 mins) and games were all out and plentiful clearly marked buy 2 get 1 50% off. Pre-orders were put aside and extras all sold within minutes of opening. I was given stern warning to beware said lurking soccer mom.

Walmart was also pretty painless. Went first to layaway to pay off balance on deluxe, then to electronics to pick up. Told me they only had gotten twelve (all on layaway) and I was picking up the last. Games had not been put out quite yet.

Seems Target was much more on the ball than I expected and would not hesitate to pre-order again from them. Seems they may fly a bit more under-the-radar than most retailers as far as these launches go. The 5% off and extended warranty using their card does not hurt either.

[quote name='smoger']a capacitive touchpad would be good for touch, but terrible for writing.

since most games will have big chunky buttons to push, being able to write is probably more important[/QUOTE]

I would agree, but I'm having issues getting the screen to respond, having to press the screen multiple times. If this is going to be a large part of games, this might be an issue. I.e., if I'm trying to switch items in ZombiU and have zombies coming after me, this could lead to a lot of frustration and death. It doesn't seem to be as sensitive as the 3DS.

@metsfan1545d

The download took that long last night at 6PM on the east coast so...

Does anyone know if refusing a new egg game delivery is a way to get around the restocking fee? I would rather get in on the B2G1 at Target but don't want to be hit with a 15% restocking fee at Newegg?

Can anyone chime in on this

Went to GameStop, got me preordered wii u deluxe. No hassle, no line, no problems. Now can anyone tell me is tank!tank!tank! A split screen game?

Went to my local best buy at 9:30 to get a console without a preorder. The line started up at around 9:40 and quickly grew to about twenty people. Still a much more tame launch than I was expecting!

I strolled into a Sacramento, CA Wal-mart a few minutes before midnight to pick up my pre-order. Unfortunately for everyone waiting in line without a pre-order, Brook Lopez of the Brooklyn Nets strolled in around the same time and was allowed to cut a line of 20 people without a pre-order to get a basic (for his agent) and deluxe model (for himself). If that's not bad enough, the only game he bought was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

[quote name='Chrischance']Surprisingly Target really put their reserved systems to the side :applause:[/QUOTE]
Had no issues getting my preorder at Target. They had 3 extra deluxes and 1 extra white console and those were gone immediately.

oi.. the update for nintendo land is more ps3 length than xbox360 length.

hoping that this is just day 1 traffic, or that most games wont need a day1 patch.

Anyone know the return policy at walmart? I know they have the standard 15 days for electronics but isn't there the holiday return policy that is currently in effect?

[quote name='ilovehultgren']I strolled into a Sacramento, CA Wal-mart a few minutes before midnight to pick up my pre-order. Unfortunately for everyone waiting in line without a pre-order, Brook Lopez of the Brooklyn Nets strolled in around the same time and was allowed to cut a line of 20 people without a pre-order to get a basic (for his agent) and deluxe model (for himself). If that's not bad enough, the only game he bought was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.[/QUOTE]
Nobody said anything? Christ.

[quote name='ilovehultgren']I strolled into a Sacramento, CA Wal-mart a few minutes before midnight to pick up my pre-order. Unfortunately for everyone waiting in line without a pre-order, Brook Lopez of the Brooklyn Nets strolled in around the same time and was allowed to cut a line of 20 people without a pre-order to get a basic (for his agent) and deluxe model (for himself). If that's not bad enough, the only game he bought was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.[/QUOTE]

lol i always knew he was a douche

[quote name='Armoredx']Anyone know the return policy at walmart? I know they have the standard 15 days for electronics but isn't there the holiday return policy that is currently in effect?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've seen. My cashier last night told a few people (flippers, presumably) 15 days.

BOOKS, MOVIES, MUSIC & VIDEO GAMES
Books must be returned unused and unmarked.

CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, videotapes and video games must be returned unopened. If the item is defective, it can be returned within 90 days with a receipt and the original packaging. Defective items may be exchanged for the same title.

Video on Demand cannot be returned. All sales are final and all charges from those sales are nonrefundable, except as otherwise stated in the VUDU Inc., Terms of Service.

Video games hardware must be returned within 15 days of receipt. Pre-owned (refurbished) video game software: Defective items can be returned within 90 days with a receipt and the original packaging. Defective items may be exchanged for a different title if the same title is not available.​

Double fail at Sam's Club:

A) Despite the website and sign on the front door stating that they open at 10AM on Sunday they actually opened at 8AM

B) They said they won't be getting any Wii U's until the end of the month and didn't receive a launch shipment

[quote name='GunPanther']For now.

As December 25 gets closer, the Ebay Wii U prices will start to rise again. I've heard that some CAGs and even those more unscrupulous folks from Fatwallet & Slickdeals are buying more than 1 system (deluxe or standard makes no difference.). I wonder why any one person would by 2-5 Wii U systems?

Hmmmm.... I dunno. Maybe to donate them? (uh, sure) Or maybe to make a profit flipping them on EBay or Craigslist before Dec 25th.

I can hear those Ebay bells ringing again soon.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it, the demand just won't be there Christmas or not, and the supply will be abundent.

About to go get mine at Walmart. Hope they didn't sell It! I'm excited to join you guys in waiting for the update!

Btw, I see you guys are just blatantly ignoring io.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back