Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cold_young_thug']Has anyone found the rayman demo on the eshop? It should've been released launch day and i still cant find it....also ubi stated there might be a zombieU coming soon....[/QUOTE]

ZombiU released on launch

Any parents giving this as a gift for Christmas plan on setting up their Wii early so it's ready to go that morning? I don't think my kids want to sit through a couple hours of updates.

[quote name='bombfirst885']Any parents giving this as a gift for Christmas plan on setting up their Wii early so it's ready to go that morning? I don't think my kids want to sit through a couple hours of updates.[/QUOTE]
Already done it. Set up the Network account, made them all miis, with the creator listed as Santa, and applied the Nerf armor and screen protector on Monday, before boxing it all back up and getting it wrapped and hidden.

[quote name='Maskim']Already done it. Set up the Network account, made them all miis, with the creator listed as Santa, and applied the Nerf armor and screen protector on Monday, before boxing it all back up and getting it wrapped and hidden.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I'll have to do this when they are at grandmas next. :D

[quote name='screamandshout']Does anyone know if the white wii u/game pad tends to "yellow" after using it for a while? :X

i remember seeing the demo in target and it looked more yellow than white, idk if it was the lighting or not or if a bunch of people with dirty hands happened to have already touched it and all.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, white electronics send to yellow from sun exposure. For example, the top of one of my Asus routers yellowed due to being on a windowsill.

just got a call from Target an the Wii u is back in stock again they had 10 of each, all targets got them on the stock tracker.

[quote name='DTB420']just got a call from Target an the Wii u is back in stock again they had 10 of each, all targets got them on the stock tracker.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that, however the one 5 minutes from my work shows out of stock. Hopefully they're still in stock when I leave work.

[quote name='mediviper']Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.[/QUOTE]

get other games. nintendo land is not a killer app like wii sports. its a Tech demo....that has 4 player games and is more fun that way but there is no killer app to it. i cant seem myself playing this for 2 years like wii sports.

[quote name='Maskim']Already done it. Set up the Network account, made them all miis, with the creator listed as Santa, and applied the Nerf armor and screen protector on Monday, before boxing it all back up and getting it wrapped and hidden.[/QUOTE]

ok that sounds awesome kudos to you

[quote name='DTB420']just got a call from Target an the Wii u is back in stock again they had 10 of each, all targets got them on the stock tracker.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Showing stock in my area. I hope they're still there when I get out of work.

[quote name='jcwkings']just went to my local K-mart and picked up a wii u deluxe and new super mario bros for a total of 381.[/QUOTE]

Gift card or something? The deluxe alone is 377 with tax.

Shout out to DTB420!

Checked the tracker. Boom! In stock. Ran up the street and found two basic. Two deluxe. Bought the deluxe. Problem is I already started Mario on my basic that I "settled" for at Best Buy a few days ago. Any ways of transferring the save and continuing on the deluxe setup? I read something about not being able to use your Nintendo ID on another machine? Even if I have to keep it boxed for awhile I'm cool with that. I would assume most targets got a few of each in today. Best of luck to everyone on the search for the deluxe.

~reservoir~

[quote name='vagrantwade']Gift card or something? The deluxe alone is 377 with tax.[/QUOTE] My mom used to work at sears, so she still has her employee discount card and I also had a $15 gaming coupon.

[quote name='jcwkings']My mom used to work at sears, so she still has her employee discount card and I also had a $15 gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]

It's good form to put that in your original post.

found the last deluxe at a target not terribly far from my house. Barely beat out the guy who had just finished purchasing his first and was trying to get a second. Finally done with updates and really enjoying new super mario u. Definitely better than the wii iterations.

[quote name='jcwkings']heard some warnings but didn't pay attention to the details, how do i keep my wii files from getting erased.[/QUOTE]

Huh? If you want to move your Wii data to Wii U, there is no way to avoid it being erased from the Wii in the process. It completely neuters your original Wii, but worth it to me to have it all consolidated to one system.

Just got back from Gamestop with mine. Now I have to wait the 34 Day's to play it. Sounds like someone is in for an upset because first he asked me if I was the guy they called today but then I said I got called yesterday. Looked like the only unit instore unless the back room was packed with them.

Walked into target to check clearance... both versions in stock in 2 display cases. Fred Meyers has them too. Not hard to find at all. No one should be buying those overpriced bundles out there. Just call around and youll find one.

[quote name='mpaullin']Huh? If you want to move your Wii data to Wii U, there is no way to avoid it being erased from the Wii in the process. It completely neuters your original Wii, but worth it to me to have it all consolidated to one system.[/QUOTE]

That's great if you are replacing wii with wii u, but I still want to keep my wii and only want to copy some saves to wii u, and there's no way to do that now

[quote name='perfectsil']That's great if you are replacing wii with wii u, but I still want to keep my wii and only want to copy some saves to wii u, and there's no way to do that now[/QUOTE]

Can't you copy everything over to your Wii U, then manually move specific saves back to the Wii?

[quote name='cag1000']Is there a specific screen protector brand or deal that most are using?[/QUOTE]
I think there are only two out. One is made by PDP and the other by Hori. The PDP one comes with extra stylus and is $9.99 at Gamestop. The Hori one is $7.99 and is sold at Toys R Us. Both have good reviews.

[quote name='leungw']I think there are only two out. One is made by PDP and the other by Hori. The PDP one comes with extra stylus and is $9.99 at Gamestop. The Hori one is $7.99 and is sold at Toys R Us. Both have good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Of note is that the PDP version also comes with two protectors, so if you happen to muck up installation of the first or if you decide to swap it out down the road you'll have another one to replace it with.

[quote name='perfectsil']That's great if you are replacing wii with wii u, but I still want to keep my wii and only want to copy some saves to wii u, and there's no way to do that now[/QUOTE]

I copied the saves that could be copied over to a separate SD card before transferring. Then just play the game once and copy the save back over to the original Wii.

I understand some hesitation to buying this console right now, but as someone who has long sold his Wii, it's a no brainer. I not only plan on playing new Wii U games, but multiplat games I was holding off on like NBA 2k and AC:3, but Wii games I missed like Zelda SS.

I pre ordered my Wii U deluxe from gamestop the day it was announced..the store manager told me that I could come pick it up today because I told him that I wont be able to come til then..he said it was fine, talked to TWO different people, one on Sunday and one on Monday, they said it was fine..today I call to come and pick it up and the lady tells me they sold it to someone else!! So was basically lied to by THREE different people..SO pissed!! She said that they have another set of orders coming in(But doesnt know the day) I dont even know if I could get hold of it..I live in Los Angeles so if anyone knows how I can check to see where locally I can find a Wii U that would be great..I see people talking about a tracker so a link would be great
Figures gamestop would screw me over..not a phone call warning me in advance it would be sold, not a word..

[quote name='leungw']I think there are only two out. One is made by PDP and the other by Hori. The PDP one comes with extra stylus and is $9.99 at Gamestop. The Hori one is $7.99 and is sold at Toys R Us. Both have good reviews.[/QUOTE]

I got the PDP set at Fred Meyer for $7.99 and it was super easy to install the screen protector. I almost never use protectors but for this and with the kids I figured it was a good call. I don't use them on the DS/3DS but I figure this thing has a much better chance of getting scratched.

I used the cloth that came with it and some compressed air to clean it off then applied the protector in one try. I was hesitant because it was such a pain when I did some iPhone screen protectors a while back - every speck of dust would result in a bubble under the protector and it was nearly impossible to get rid of all of it. This one doesn't seem to have the same problem because I'm pretty sure I did not get every speck off but there are no blemishes under the plastic at all.

[quote name='lakerfanalways']I pre ordered my Wii U deluxe from gamestop the day it was announced..the store manager told me that I could come pick it up today because I told him that I wont be able to come til then..he said it was fine, talked to TWO different people, one on Sunday and one on Monday, they said it was fine..today I call to come and pick it up and the lady tells me they sold it to someone else!! So was basically lied to by THREE different people..SO pissed!! She said that they have another set of orders coming in(But doesnt know the day) I dont even know if I could get hold of it..I live in Los Angeles so if anyone knows how I can check to see where locally I can find a Wii U that would be great..I see people talking about a tracker so a link would be great
Figures gamestop would screw me over..not a phone call warning me in advance it would be sold, not a word..[/QUOTE]

Sorry man on the flip side these are not really hard to find

back of zombiU box has this amazing warning label...

"Basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy this game"

this is a real winner. best warning on back of a box in the history of ever lol

[quote name='rckola911']Sorry man on the flip side these are not really hard to find[/QUOTE]

where is the best place to look? I know with black friday coming up it will be really hard to find..I was hoping to maybe buying the premium bundle online but not sure where to look

[quote name='kayne2000']back of zombiU box has this amazing warning label...

"Basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy this game"

this is a real winner. best warning on back of a box in the history of ever lol[/QUOTE]
Don't pokemon games have the same warning?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']where is the best place to look? I know with black friday coming up it will be really hard to find..I was hoping to maybe buying the premium bundle online but not sure where to look[/QUOTE]
Check target, best buy, and walmart. They get shipments everyday except for Sundays. One of my local targets was out of stock for 2 days but they just received new stock today.

[quote name='htz']Don't pokemon games have the same warning?

Check target, best buy, and walmart. They get shipments everyday except for Sundays. One of my local targets was out of stock for 2 days but they just received new stock today.[/QUOTE]

Will call Target on Friday, probably a bad day to go considering it will be Black Friday but will see. Will also try KMart maybe they will have some. Maybe I will be lucky, not everyone wants to spend 350 bucks on a console so maybe I will luck out. Gamestop are a bunch of liars, screwing me like that. If they are getting another shipment in I will just wait but first will talk to the store manager who had no problem lying to my face

After 9 calls with GS's customer service, my Wii U has finally arrived. Honestly, I'm not even sure they charged me. In the end I was paying with all gift cards/trade-in credit. The weird thing is all 4 cards I was using still have the full amount of credit on them (at least when I check the balance online). Kind of seems like through all the many times they screwed up processing my order, in the end, they might have screwed themselves over.

Headed to a GS in a few to pick up a screen protector. Might bring one of the cards with me to check the balance there.

Guys, if you want cheap but good quality screen protectors, I highly recommend buying them from eforcity at Amazon. No, I am not advertising or getting paid for posting this but I have read how a lot of people buy overpriced screen protectors when they can get them for half the price. I have bought screen protectors from eforcity many times for my devices: my 3DS, PS Vita, and currently, for my iPhone (probably for other devices too but I can't remember right now). Believe me, they are very good :) no bubbles and all that. For $3, Why not give them a try?

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Protector-Compatible-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00A8AT1NO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353539951&sr=8-7&keywords=eforcity+wii+u+screen+protector

If you want to protect the whole controller:

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Protector-Compatible-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00A8BKA4W/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1353541174&sr=8-18&keywords=eforcity+wii+u+screen

[quote name='Jive689']After 9 calls with GS's customer service, my Wii U has finally arrived. Honestly, I'm not even sure they charged me. In the end I was paying with all gift cards/trade-in credit. The weird thing is all 4 cards I was using still have the full amount of credit on them (at least when I check the balance online). Kind of seems like through all the many times they screwed up processing my order, in the end, they might have screwed themselves over.

Headed to a GS in a few to pick up a screen protector. Might bring one of the cards with me to check the balance there.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could steal like that....nice one.

[quote name='mabuhay13']I wish I could steal like that....nice one.[/QUOTE]

Almost wish I could take credit for it haha! It makes me feel guilty but after at least 9-10 hours on the phone with them over the past 4 days, this level of mess up doesnt even surprise me anymore. I seriously started to wonder if anyone there was capable of processing a gift card properly. Sad, really.

[quote name='Jive689']Almost wish I could take credit for it haha! It makes me feel guilty but after at least 9-10 hours on the phone with them over the past 4 days, this level of mess up doesnt even surprise me anymore. I seriously started to wonder if anyone there was capable of processing a gift card properly. Sad, really.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't feel bad at all. If they put you through that drama and forget to put through the charge, that's on them. It's their responsibility to debit your payment options correctly.

[quote name='htz']Don't pokemon games have the same warning?

Check target, best buy, and walmart. They get shipments everyday except for Sundays. One of my local targets was out of stock for 2 days but they just received new stock today.[/QUOTE]

do they? i never played the pokemon games really so...still makes me wonder about the point of that warning.

EDIT:

its also worse because the game has that lovely M rating lol

[quote name='mediviper']Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U launch would have been so much better with the Pikman.
It would have been The Killer App.

pikmin3miyamoto3dev.jpg

joystiq.com/miyamoto-confirms-pikmin-3-development-well-underway March 2010

there will be more "wii u" in all the retailers. i went to kmart and they did not have a shit 3 days ago and today i saw the new "mario u" game, i asked to the guy gor the "wii u" sistem and they have some in the warehouse haha... i was not looking for one but well i bought it xD... look at the stores, maybe you can find one there, this kmart has the lowest videogame stock ever and they have the wii u it right now... this wii is not like "wow" but is good and i love that you can play "mario u" using only the gamepad and turn off the tv... nintendo land its good but is not good at all for "forever alone" players like me cause most of the games you need at least two people to play it and it wont let you play alone against the computer and it does not have online play =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back