The WWE Is Entertainment Not Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, goddammit, GET OVER IT ALREADY, IT'S BEEN TEN fuckING YEARS.

Malenko didn't shake up shit. Chris Masters has had a higher profile WWE career than 007 Dean Malenko.

Hell, his best WWF match was versus Scotty 2 Hotty:

I know, I know, Malenko's a company man. But who's dumb enough to believe this bullshit?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's amusing that suddenly his luck changed for the better in the benevolent WWE where he feuded with Lita and teamed with a mop-obsessed Perry Saturn.

[quote name='Scorch']Group watch was fun.. Legendary was not[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that movie was garbage, but at least KaneRobot's Danny Glover impression was awesome.

[quote name='davo1224']teamed with a mop-obsessed Perry Saturn.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

And Chavo fuckin' Guerrero had the audacity to reference his horse-on-a-stick as evidence of how fucked up WCW was in that retrospective interview they put up on wwe.com a month or so back.

I just watched his WWE documentary on Netflix yesterday. Damn sad to see him withering away like this.

On another note, that documentary was excellent and does his memory good. Once again though, it buries WCW though by having a brief snippet of his time in WCW with his wife saying how miserable he was there. Funnily enough, the clip they used involved him getting cologne dumped on him at the announce table mirroring JR getting covered in barbecue sauce.

Since we were discussing wrestler injuries and Hogan earlier this week. Thought some might be interested

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Update_On_Hulk_Hogan_-_Expected_To_Return_To_The_Ring.html

TNA Wrestling personnel indicate that Hulk Hogan is or was seriously considering the idea of returning to the ring for the Lethal Lockdown Cage Match between Immortal and Fortune at this Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view event. It's being said that if Hogan is up for wrestling, the bout would be turned into a five-on-five match with AJ Styles joining Fortune. However, many believe the idea was scrapped since it hasn't been promoted or teased on iMPACT!.

Barring a physical setback, the general feeling is that Hogan will return to the ring at some point. Since undergoing his last back surgery in late December, Hogan has gotten himself in much better shape that he's been in recent years. The procedures have been a huge success in terms of reducing the level of pain he has been dealing with on a daily basis.

Hogan is also engaging himself more with his peers than when the pain was debilitating. While Vince Russo is the organization's head writer, Hogan aids several wrestlers on their material at television tapings.

#-o Nearly 60 years old and still trying to wrestle. I'm convinced at this point the he and Flair are in an unofficial competition to see who can die in the ring first.

Also, major Tough Enough spoiler people may appreciate

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Spoiler_on_WWE_Tough_Enough_Miss_USA_More_on_Her_Future_Plans.html
The Wrestling Observer reports that Miss USA Rima Fakih had to use lots of body makeup to cover up all of the bruises on her legs once she was eliminated from WWE Tough Enough and had to return to her Miss USA duties. We don't know when Rima is eliminated on the show but she does not win.

Miss USA officials gave Fakih permission to do Tough Enough because they felt it would help her get an acting career started.

It's said that while in the Tough Enough house, Fakih drank heavily, swore a lot and was always critical of Donald Trump. It remains to be seen how much of her bad behavior will be aired on the show.

It's been heavily speculated that Rima will join the WWE Divas roster regardless of her standing on Tough Enough. She holds the Miss USA crown until June 19th. There is talk of her doing a TV show based in her home of Dearborn, Michigan later this year.

So, on the one hand we know she won't win Tough Enough but on the other hand she might be offered a contract anyway...

[quote name='mykevermin']http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/home.html

Not going to link directly to it, but seeing some photos of Bobby Heenan from a wrestling convention outside of Philly this past weekend has me really upset and a bit sick to my stomach. Nothing grotesque, but he's clearly been through a LOT, medically, since he last made a public appearance.[/QUOTE]

Agh. I'm surprised you haven't seen pics before, but yeah...the first time you see him is a huge holy shit moment that really makes you uneasy.

That said, a friend of my attended that convention and said that he was still incredibly nice and was still "on" (having a voice box and a "translator" with him).

Looking back on the slew of wait-in-line-for-20-minutes-for-a-10-second-audience WCW autograph sessions I went to, the Heenan / Larry Z one was probably the best. There was a line, but not one so huge that they forced you to move along immediately. I was probably up there for a minute or so with some other guys I didn't know...they kept asking Larry generic questions like "what's your favorite match?" etc, etc. After several weak questions similar to this, Heenan starts looking under papers, under the table, checking the wall behind him, etc. Larry asks him what he's doing, and Heenan just says, "do you see a sign that says 'information' around here?"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedvsBlue']Also, major Tough Enough spoiler people may appreciate

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Spoiler_on_WWE_Tough_Enough_Miss_USA_More_on_Her_Future_Plans.html

So, on the one hand we know she won't win Tough Enough but on the other hand she might be offered a contract anyway...
[/QUOTE]

WWE's always done that. Look at how many superstars and divas have been signed over the years that have competed in Tough Enough, Diva Searches, etc and they weren't the winner of their shows.

Oh WCW must have been terrible Chavo. What with losing a belt to Jacqueline and having to portray the Kerwin White character when your uncle died. Oh wait...

The Chavo w/ Pepe gimmick was horrible... but not nearly as bad as this.

07_display_image.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/home.html

Not going to link directly to it, but seeing some photos of Bobby Heenan from a wrestling convention outside of Philly this past weekend has me really upset and a bit sick to my stomach. Nothing grotesque, but he's clearly been through a LOT, medically, since he last made a public appearance.[/QUOTE]

oh my god. this is the first time i've seen him in years..

[quote name='davo1224']Oh WCW must have been terrible Chavo. What with losing a belt to Jacqueline and having to portray the Kerwin White character when your uncle died. Oh wait...[/QUOTE]

They nixed Kerwin White once Eddie passed away.

When I first watched that Heenan doc I couldn't beleive it either, he doesn't even look like himself anymore.

If they are going to just forget wrestling and be an "Action Soap Opera", they need to go back to the attitude era style, I miss that crap.

[quote name='TheRock88']
WWE's always done that. Look at how many superstars and divas have been signed over the years that have competed in Tough Enough, Diva Searches, etc and they weren't the winner of their shows.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely, just none that were cheating during the competition and were floating through the whole thing based entirely on their status prior to the show. Hell, the Miz didn't win his season of Tough Enough but at least he was damn to close to winning it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back