The "You're F**king Out, I'm F**king In" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Eviltude']I liked the Doctor before him. He was far less handsome and therefore less likable, but he was more of a dick.[/QUOTE]
The 28 days later Dr? He lacked that sense of whimsy the character needs- it seemed so to me anyways.

I was always in the Tom Baker camp; I think most people were until Tennant took the role. I put them on par with each other as my favorites.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315787

I like that Smiggity's so confident about this with nothing to back it up. The "Guaranteed' part of the title wasn't even there at first.[/QUOTE]Heh, I remember this dude. Someone made a thread for a Socom game before him one time and he was pissed since they didn't have as huge a boner as his for Socom games. Guess he didn't want a repeat and made a thread six months in advance.

"I am guaranteeing we get something (at least an announcement) by the end of August."

[quote name='DT778']Heh, I remember this dude. Someone made a thread for a Socom game before him one time and he was pissed since they didn't have as huge a boner as his for Socom games. Guess he didn't want a repeat and made a thread six months in advance.

"I am guaranteeing we get something (at least an announcement) by the end of August."[/QUOTE]
That's what he says was his motivation for making that thread in the first sentence. "Just making this thread before some DB swipes it 3 weeks in advance."

He also kept his previous SOCOM clan thread going as a stealth SOCOM 4 thread before changing it back when he deemed it to be bad.

[quote name='Eviltude']I liked the Doctor before him. He was far less handsome and therefore less likable, but he was more of a dick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The 28 days later Dr? He lacked that sense of whimsy the character needs- it seemed so to me anyways.

I was always in the Tom Baker camp; I think most people were until Tennant took the role. I put them on par with each other as my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Matt Smith is my favorite, but Tennant is a close second, only because Smith was my first Doctor.

I tried watching some older Who with Baker...God damn that shit is bad.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Matt Smith is my favorite, but Tennant is a close second, only because Smith was my first Doctor.

I tried watching some older Who with Baker...God damn that shit is bad.[/QUOTE]
Bah, those old special effects and creatures are so bad they are good. The only thing I hated about his tenure as the Dr. were the K-9 episodes. fucking robo-scrappy-doo man.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That was a nice turn of events, but it would've been nice if the OP wasn't changed so the cockiness was preserved.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would have been. Thanks, anonymous dick. (or temp)

[quote name='DT778']Heh, I remember this dude. Someone made a thread for a Socom game before him one time and he was pissed since they didn't have as huge a boner as his for Socom games. Guess he didn't want a repeat and made a thread six months in advance.

"I am guaranteeing we get something (at least an announcement) by the end of August."[/QUOTE]

That thread was pure gold. Too bad the mods deleted all of the posts pertaining to it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's what he says was his motivation for making that thread in the first sentence. "Just making this thread before some DB swipes it 3 weeks in advance."

He also kept his previous SOCOM clan thread going as a stealth SOCOM 4 thread before changing it back when he deemed it to be bad.[/QUOTE]

I played with him by chance once on Combined Assault and tore them all to shreds. They really suck for people that play SOCOM continually.

I'm so pissed that somehow working a ton of overtime made me owe upwards of $200 this year. Why the fuck wasn't that shit withheld like everything else?

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, I guess I'm just annoyed by the $5 PC download sale from Amazon at the moment. I would fucking love for some Games on Demand sales.[/QUOTE]

Gimme your address.

I don't understand how taxing overtime works. It seems as if they take a larger chunk out if you work enough OT and that somehow doesn't make it back to you. I've realized that kicks in at about 14 hours OT per pay period for me, so I avoid that at all costs.

It's terrible to see my Grandma in her current state. Though I find great amusement that she still tries to set me up with one of the nurses.

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't understand how taxing overtime works. It seems as if they take a larger chunk out if you work enough OT and that somehow doesn't make it back to you. I've realized that kicks in at about 14 hours OT per pay period for me, so I avoid that at all costs.[/QUOTE]

Wish I knew that before I was working 20+ hours a week extra. I just started working, I can't afford this shit.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm so pissed that somehow working a ton of overtime made me owe upwards of $200 this year. Why the fuck wasn't that shit withheld like everything else?[/QUOTE]

I dont think I've ever owed money. It's all about the deductions. Being married, owning a house, kids, etc, etc....

I'm kind of waiting to see how long it takes somebody to say, "that's not a cover".

Although I admit it surprised me a few years ago when I originally found out.

[quote name='Number83']Why do people do this to classics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZvvlWNYgo[/QUOTE]
I'm a sucker for cover songs, but that just flat out sucked ass.

This also sucked as well:
MV5BNjc2OTg5NTM1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM3MTMyNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Wow, that sounds like shit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I'm a sucker for cover songs, but that just flat out sucked ass.

[/QUOTE]

I know! And now I can never un-listen to it!

Luckily, I skipped around the song, and soon as I got to the Ronnie Spector part, I had to yank my headphones off and couldn't hit stop fast enough

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I tried out a vita in Target. I have to say that it is an amazing piece of hardware that needed two more shoulder buttons.[/QUOTE]

You can't give everything away the first try...wait for the Vita II.

The main thing I noticed about the Vita was that Little Deviants was pretty terrible. Basically a tech demo, yet they are selling it. But that's all I had a chance to try. I do want to try some other games next time I'm at Gamestop or wherever. I did note the missing RB/LB and that you can't press in the sticks, which seems to be a mainstay of modern FPS, if that's your thing. Myself, I hate having to press in sticks so I won't mind if game devs are forced to come up with an alternative.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I tried out a vita in Target. I have to say that it is an amazing piece of hardware that needed two more shoulder buttons.[/QUOTE]

I tried one out quick today and had a few thoughts.
Graphics were nice, buttons/sticks seemed okay.
Construction of the unit felt really light. Not in a good way either, more in a cheap way.
Touchscreen seemed nice.
Uncharted had some decent load times on the demo. :(
Uncharted's demo was also kind of bad too -- I got up on some platform and had to balance beam like GoW, but they just randomly put the meter up as i was halfway across and i had no clue what to use for keeping it centered, I fell off and said "fuck it."

Not a great first impression. :(

I think there is a six axis inside the Vita. I had no idea about that either, but the next time I went through it didn't force that QTE on me so I was cool with it.

The real problem was there was no combat in the demo. I wanted to see how a shooter played on it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think there is a six axis inside the Vita. I had no idea about that either, but the next time I went through it didn't force that QTE on me so I was cool with it.

The real problem was there was no combat in the demo. I wanted to see how a shooter played on it.[/QUOTE]

Glad I quit then. I really wanted to try UMvC3 on it. If I bought one, I'd probably get a huge ass 32gb card and then get DD of UMvC3 and BBCSE... as 4 button fighters (mostly) they'd be great ports to have always available and ready to play.

I don't know why, but I just ordered the damn thing. Going to go buy Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, and Lumines for it. I am banking on the execution being there. The only thing that stopped me from liking the PSP more was the lack of an extra analog stick.

I'm on the fence, but I'll prolly wait a little longer. The 3DS experience is giving me pause about early adoption on handhelds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back