The "You're F**king Out, I'm F**king In" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcha talking about? The power of symbols and the possibility that the holy grail was actually a blood line of Jesus?

____

Girl Scout cookies arrived :whee:

[quote name='flowery']Yeah, I have been looking online at ink and printers and which I should choose.

Has anyone tried the remanufactured cartridges from Monoprice?

Munch, how do you swing a deal like that?[/QUOTE]

I bought a Brother printer, model MFC-J410W. It scans, prints, etc. wirelessly. I think I paid like $40 on one of those Staples deals.

You can buy ink cheap as fuck on amazon and meritline. This is the ink that I buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002880IFO/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I'm not really a heavy printer, but one of these packs has lasted me about a year. It's been great.

[quote name='Maklershed']Watcha talking about? The power of symbols and the possibility that the holy grail was actually a blood line of Jesus?

____

Girl Scout cookies arrived :whee:[/QUOTE]

Talkin' bout dat Nigerian Civil War, son!

[quote name='munch']Talkin' bout dat Nigerian Civil War, son![/QUOTE]

Coincidentally, I just sent 10K to help out the Nigerian Princess. I stand to make quite the tidy profit.

Hey munch, how obnoxious are those kindle "special offer" things?

I actually kind of want a kindle touch and am wondering if the $40 difference between special offers version and normal version is worth paying?
How important/useful do you think the 3G wireless would be -- enough to pay $40 more too?

Last edited by a moderator:
The special offers are only on menus (small banners at bottom of page) or when the unit is in suspend mode (full screen static images). It's less obtrusive than a magazine ad.

Gas has gone up $0.50 in the past week and I'm pissed that I didn't fill up when it was $3.19.

We're getting crazy high winds right now that's at least blowing the snow around so it can't build up yet.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey munch, how obnoxious are those kindle "special offer" things?

I actually kind of want a kindle touch and am wondering if the $40 difference between special offers version and normal version is worth paying?
How important/useful do you think the 3G wireless would be -- enough to pay $40 more too?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The special offers are only on menus (small banners at bottom of page) or when the unit is in suspend mode (full screen static images). It's less obtrusive than a magazine ad.[/QUOTE]

I would go with the Special Offers one. Like Sneaky said, they are totally unobtrusive. You either get a picture of a writer, or an ad. I'd go with an ad because every now and then there is a good one.

I don't know much about 3G. I don't pay for books, and I don't use the internet feature on it. I'd just get the non 3G one.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Gas has gone up $0.50 in the past week and I'm pissed that I didn't fill up when it was $3.19.

We're getting crazy high winds right now that's at least blowing the snow around so it can't build up yet.[/QUOTE]

I laugh at your complaint of $3.69 gas...

[quote name='munch']I would go with the Special Offers one. Like Sneaky said, they are totally unobtrusive. [/QUOTE]
FWIW- I regret not getting the wife the spec. offers one. It was a gift and thought it might be crass, but she even remarked about jealous of some of the offers her friends go in on.

[quote name='Maklershed']$3.69 uppins. I blame Obama for not praying hard enough to keep the prices low.[/QUOTE]

He is only praying four times instead of five.

[quote name='munch']I bought a Brother printer, model MFC-J410W. It scans, prints, etc. wirelessly. I think I paid like $40 on one of those Staples deals.

You can buy ink cheap as fuck on amazon and meritline. This is the ink that I buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002880IFO/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I'm not really a heavy printer, but one of these packs has lasted me about a year. It's been great.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I thought about getting a Brother laser printer from Staples that was on sale but then I just got ink since I won't use it that much.

I probably should have just bought it though.

Finished my taxes. $823 refund on Federal. $123 refund on State.

I have to mail in my Kentucky return though which blows.

I've been unemployed for 6 months and am bored to tears. No amount of games of Rock Band 3, Pinball FX2, and Fortune Street make the time go faster or fill up the empty hours.

The pinball arcade on XBL can't come out fast enough.

I'm meeting with an occupational therapy consulor who can hopefully help me find a job.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Munch, didn't you sell codes from that or something too?[/QUOTE]

I did, but I got fucked over on ebay kind of. There hasn't been any great offers in a while. Still, I don't see why you wouldn't get a special offers one.

I dont get women sometimes. Scared of being raped? Watches nothing but fucking CSI special victims unit and other women being abused shows.

All of my female friends are like this.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont get women sometimes. Scared of being raped? Watches nothing but fucking CSI special victims unit and other women being abused shows.

All of my female friends are like this.[/QUOTE]

The mission of TV is the spread of fear and paranoia, and it's doing it's job smashingly.

It's around $4.23 here. Luckily I got a fatty hook up yesterday and filled up my tank, around 28 gallons, for $0.04 a gal. :cool:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont get women sometimes. Scared of being raped? Watches nothing but fucking CSI special victims unit and other women being abused shows.

All of my female friends are like this.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm scared of getting shot, but that doesn't stop me from playing shooters or watching action movies.

DOUBLE DUMBASS ON YOU MOTHERfuckER!

Wife just bought a Brother printer/scanner/faxer from amazon for $55. sounds like a good deal....

Really tempted to just push forward on the main quest and ignore these 100 other side quests in fallout NV. There's so many other things I want to play.

I wish Uncharted wasn't such a tech demo. Aside from the grenade mechanic, all the extra touch stuff has been pretty lame. Also this game is like a Rare game on fucking steroid with the collectibles. There is a really really good game buried beneath it all, but the gimmicks hold it down.

[quote name='Number83']I'm on the fence, but I'll prolly wait a little longer. The 3DS experience is giving me pause about early adoption on handhelds.[/QUOTE]I sort of doubt Sony is dropping the price due to their financial situation. I would not expect one until the end of the year.

I got my Vita + 12 games. Enjoying it so far, but haven't had a lot of time to play it until this weekend.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']I've never seen that movie.

Picked up my glasses today. I'm officially a four-eyed freak.[/QUOTE]Haha nerd. :p

Actually, I need to get my eyes checked (been over a year), but waiting for my new benefits to kick in. I'll probably need a prescription update again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Haha nerd. :p

Actually, I need to get my eyes checked (been over a year), but waiting for my new benefits to kick in. I'll probably need a prescription update again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had doubts about my nerdiness in the past, but I think it's confirmed now. Especially since when I put them on, the first thing I said was "oooh. Very Doctor Who."

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wish Uncharted wasn't such a tech demo. Aside from the grenade mechanic, all the extra touch stuff has been pretty lame. Also this game is like a Rare game on fucking steroid with the collectibles. There is a really really good game buried beneath it all, but the gimmicks hold it down.[/QUOTE]

The initial impressions of the touch climbing were very good. It was something along the lines of "it seems like one of those things where you say "what the fuck, why would I ever use that? I'm going to just stick with the analogs and buttons..." and here I am, relying on it wondering how I ever lived without it"

I could see it being less annoying than using standard controls for longer climbs. Can't speak from experience though, but I know I was thinking I wanted to try it out -- however, my time with the demo was too short and frustrating to get that far.

What other games did you grab and how are they?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The initial impressions of the touch climbing were very good. It was something along the lines of "it seems like one of those things where you say "what the fuck, why would I ever use that? I'm going to just stick with the analogs and buttons..." and here I am, relying on it wondering how I ever lived without it"

I could see it being less annoying than using standard controls for longer climbs. Can't speak from experience though, but I know I was thinking I wanted to try it out -- however, my time with the demo was too short and frustrating to get that far.

What other games did you grab and how are they?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is all I have played. I also got ninja gaiden marvel and lumines.

Well, it seems I will start to sell off my PS2 RPGs and may even just get rid of most of my games aside from the PS1 collection.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Sins of a Solar Empire is great.[/QUOTE]

Hell yea. The new expansion sounds mighty nice (and it's good that it's actually a full expansion unlike Entrenchment and Diplomacy).

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, it seems I will start to sell off my PS2 RPGs and may even just get rid of most of my games aside from the PS1 collection.[/QUOTE]I might be interested. I'm missing certain PS2 RPGs.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Damn, if I didn't have enough all ready on my Dell account, I'd probably buy a Vita. Ah well, might look into a used PSP in a couple months anyhow[/QUOTE]
Just buy a Vita. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I might be interested. I'm missing certain PS2 RPGs.

Just buy a Vita. ;)[/QUOTE]
I really much would rather have the PSP for homebrew.

I had a Vita preordered, but I canceled it a few weeks back. The hardware is so slick and I like shiny new things, but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on something I probably won't use that much. I almost caved in a bought one after reading all the first week hype (I really want to play Lumines) but common sense got the better of me.

The fact that it doesn't ship with any form of on board storage is also pretty ridiculous. Plus, I'm assuming Sony will force firmware updates every 5 minutes within a couple months. fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back