The "You're F**king Out, I'm F**king In" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt mind getting a PSP for under $50 now. There's alot of RPGs on there I could play. Since I've almost exhausted the :ds: library.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'll get a Vita when it dips below $100. Shouldn't be too long.[/QUOTE]
Just saw when I was looking thru my PowerUp account, that for 2500 points, you can get a coupon that'll give ya 30% extra trade in credit when trading towards a Vita! Such a steal!!!

/sarcasm

Tho I found why I got so much in trade credit towards Street Fighter X Tekken. When I traded in my disc only copy of MvC3, he entered it as UMvC3...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't know why, but I just ordered the damn thing. Going to go buy Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, and Lumines for it. I am banking on the execution being there. The only thing that stopped me from liking the PSP more was the lack of an extra analog stick.[/QUOTE]

I haven't caved yet, but I might soon. Keep posting your impressions up in here once you get it, please? Or hit me on IM.

I'm thinking I'd cave and buy BBCSE and UMvC3 digitally and maybe even NGS+ too. And then there's Super Stardust Delta... I'd drop the $15 for the complete version of that no question. I'd eventually buy Uncharted as a cart so I could sell it, for sure.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Tho I found why I got so much in trade credit towards Street Fighter X Tekken. When I traded in my disc only copy of MvC3, he entered it as UMvC3...[/QUOTE]

Niiiice. Are you doing 360 or PS3 for SFxT -- there's a bunch of CAGs I play 3S with regularly grabbing it and I think we're all going PS3... I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us, if you didn't mind the fact that some of them are realllly good at fighting games. :)

That's a pretty slick deal.

Rise of Nations sucks too. I keep trying these RTS games that people say are oh so good, but I go and play them and they just suck.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I haven't caved yet, but I might soon. Keep posting your impressions up in here once you get it, please? Or hit me on IM.

I'm thinking I'd cave and buy BBCSE and UMvC3 digitally and maybe even NGS+ too. And then there's Super Stardust Delta... I'd drop the $15 for the complete version of that no question. I'd eventually buy Uncharted as a cart so I could sell it, for sure.

Niiiice. Are you doing 360 or PS3 for SFxT -- there's a bunch of CAGs I play 3S with regularly grabbing it and I think we're all going PS3... I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us, if you didn't mind the fact that some of them are realllly good at fighting games. :)[/QUOTE]

Considering how they've screwed my over in the past on a few things, I didn't say word one when he was doing the transaction actually

Getting the 360 version. Kinda flip flopping on whether to change it over to PS3 tho. Also getting the collectors edition irregardless of which system. Been keeping an eye on any news about it in terms of what they're doing about the DLC. Considering the Vita is going to get DLC that they've announced may or may not be on either console

Either way, I'll add ya to my friends list(s)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I haven't caved yet, but I might soon. Keep posting your impressions up in here once you get it, please? Or hit me on IM.

Niiiice. Are you doing 360 or PS3 for SFxT -- there's a bunch of CAGs I play 3S with regularly grabbing it and I think we're all going PS3... I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us, if you didn't mind the fact that some of them are realllly good at fighting games. :)[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have a shitload of Amazon credit and Target didn't have B2G1 free I wouldn't have bought it. fucking Lumines takes up half the 4GB card that I am getting with the system.

They need to put those cards on sale and get the PSP emulation up to snuff for me to truly have their back when it comes to this system. It could be the best handheld ever if they play their cards right.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If I didn't have a shitload of Amazon credit and Target didn't have B2G1 free I wouldn't have bought it. fucking Lumines takes up half the 4GB card that I am getting with the system.

They need to put those cards on sale and get the PSP emulation up to snuff for me to truly have their back when it comes to this system. It could be the best handheld ever if they play their cards right.[/QUOTE]

I thought the PSP emulation was supposed to be wicked good and the PSX emulation was missing at the moment? I should hope it is, I bought a ton of stuff on sale digitally for the sole reason of possibly owning a Vita someday (UGnG, Darkstalkers, Megaman X, PowerStone, plus the games from the hacking debauchle) .

I was at target, but they only had UMvC3 and no BBCSE... I could do Uncharted or NGS+ for free, but I'm hearing bad thing about only 30fps on NGS+.

It's a shame the memory cards are so expensive though... I'd probably just nut up and grab a 32gb to start.

--
HS, I'll definitely be getting PS3 SFxT -- torn on CE/LE at the moment... I'd like the extra gems and shit for $10 and I'd hope the bank is kinda neat as a tchotchke... but I want to see an unboxing of it before I pull the trigger.

And I'm pretty sure that by the time the Vita version comes out, we'll have all 3 DLC character packs with the 12 characters available. It's practically confirmed that the Cody/Guy/Christie/Lars pack is coming, so I don't see why the other 8 wouldn't be in the mix and they're just bundling the stuff up and bringing it out later to let UMvC3 to sell during the first 6 months of Vita adopters buying a fighting game.

Did the 360 ever get additional characters? Or are they getting the shaft again, like with MK9 and Kratos?
For some reason, I think Cole McGrath/Pacman/Kuro/Toro/Megaman are all PS3 exclusive at the moment -- yes, they are. Though I could see Pacman/Megaman eventually going 360 as they're not Sony property like Cole/Toro/Kuro.

Yeah, the 360 version is getting the shaft. According to the producer Yoshinori Ono, they couldn't reach an agreement with MS about which ones to include.

From http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333161/street-fighter-x-tekken-xbox-has-no-exclusive-fighters/
Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono has unfortunately confirmed that the Xbox 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken won't have its own exclusive character
While the PS3 and Vita versions will have characters unique to those platforms, Ono says Xbox gamers will have to make do with the (admittedly already awesome) universal roster.

"We do have the exclusive characters for the Sony platform. We have Cole, the two Sony cats, Kuro and Toro. But basically for the Xbox 360, we were in discussions with them (Microsoft) for which character to put in as an exclusive, but we weren't able to decide on a character because of differences in timing and things like that," said Ono.

"So unfortunately for Street Fighter X Tekken, only the PlayStation family will be getting the exclusive characters, but it's something we wish could have happened. It's just too bad, basically," he added.

It's a shame too, because Ono had some big names up his sleeve: "In terms of characters we wish we could have put in the game, Master Chief or Marcus Fenix from Gears of War would have been really cool."
Only reason I can think of for Master Chief not being used is that he was in DOA4 and MS wants to hang on to that character and milk the franchise

Some new vegas. Then time for bed. Then into work tomorrow for a possible ass chewing over one missed item on a competency.

I'd buy a Vita if I didn't buy a 3DS at launch for $250. And, in retrospect, I'd rather buy the Vita than the 3DS for $250. So at this point I'm just going to wait until some really killer games come out or the price drops. But I do want one, I think it looks great.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is I Am Alive coming out soon? Sounds like its right up my alley based on the preview in Game Informer.[/QUOTE]

March 7, I believe. That GI preview makes it sound awesome.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']March 7, I believe. That GI preview makes it sound awesome.[/QUOTE]

Should be in the next couple weeks, no more than 4.
House party kicks either this week or next with the new Alan Wake, I think.
It's part of that promo on live, I believe.

Huh, Alan Wake came out yesterday. Did anyone pick it up?

[quote name='munch']Hey y'all. Is it true that bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks? Please advise.[/QUOTE]

I'll field this question:

Pimpin' ain't easy, but ho-in's even harder.

Had a morning shift instead of the usual night shift so went to electronics when I got off to mess with the vita. Much better than I was expecting, but considering that I have a 3DS and hardly play with handhelds as it is, it's difficult to even think of justifying that.

[quote name='Rocko']Started Parks & Rec from S1 two weeks or so ago, just finished the latest episode. I really love this show.[/QUOTE]

My favorite comedy on tv right now. It just gets better as the seasons go on too.

In skyrim its there anything keeping me from getting all of the achievements in one playthrough like oblivion? Are there tricky ones?

[quote name='munch']In skyrim its there anything keeping me from getting all of the achievements in one playthrough like oblivion? Are there tricky ones?[/QUOTE]

1 playthrough is fine, so long as you don't encounter any game destroying glitches.
Just make sure you do the Stormcloak/Imperial rebellion quest line early -- that's the one that glitched out on me -- and also, make sure you don't go beyond some of the early storyline missions -- I would stop right after the one where you get your first shout.

[quote name='flowery']I need to buy ink (and printer paper) before I finish my taxes. Ink is annoying.[/QUOTE]

It's a fun time. You'll stand there thinking "should I buy ink, or spend $20 more and get a brand new fucking printer?"

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's a fun time. You'll stand there thinking "should I buy ink, or spend $20 more and get a brand new fucking printer?"[/QUOTE]

And 6 months later, you're doing the same thing. :rofl:

I just dropped cash on a new black cartridge to print my amended tax return yesterday. Ugh.

Yeah, the whole printer thing is bullshit.

I ended up buying cartridges, but I'm thinking I should have bought a Cannon printer instead...HP sucks dick.

Yeah, I have been looking online at ink and printers and which I should choose.

Has anyone tried the remanufactured cartridges from Monoprice?

Munch, how do you swing a deal like that?

[quote name='flowery']

Munch, how do you swing a deal like that?[/QUOTE]

finger-and-hole.jpg

You guys need to get a laser printer. My Samsung scx-4100 doesn't need a refill for 2000 pages and I can replace the ink in the cartridge myself. All I have to so is unscrew three screws and pour in some ink dust. 20 dollars got me three refills.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You guys need to get a laser printer. My Samsung scx-4100 doesn't need a refill for 2000 pages and I can replace the ink in the cartridge myself. All I have to so is unscrew three screws and pour in some ink dust. 20 dollars got me three refills.[/QUOTE]

Next time, I'll look into this. For now, the wireless printer fits the bill.

How much do the laser printers run?

Whenever a place like Staples has a killer deal on a printer, it's usually worth the effort to buy multiples, remove the ink, and sell the printer.

Did this last year with the Workforce I bought. When I got home I realized it came with the high-capacity cartridges, so I bought another one, took out the ink, and sold printer on Ebay for more than I paid for it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Whenever a place like Staples has a killer deal on a printer, it's usually worth the effort to buy multiples, remove the ink, and sell the printer.

Did this last year with the Workforce I bought. When I got home I realized it came with the high-capacity cartridges, so I bought another one, took out the ink, and sold printer on Ebay for more than I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Weren't the ebay people like "where the fuck is my ink?!"[/QUOTE]
I told them, "It's at the store, $$$$$$s!!!"

But yeah, I advertised it as "new without ink." I think the retail price for that printer was $200 at the time, and the price I paid after discounts at Staples was $30-40. So it was still a good value at the price the people bought it for.

We have a printer/scanner/faxer. F--ing thing wont print in black and white unless all colors are full... Even getting the cartridges refilled and "Cartidge World" costs like $35+. And then it doesnt always recognize the cartridge.

In the market for a new one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back