This is the first OTT forum thread of 2007!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wubb']I don't see the VC depressing cartridge values terribly much. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my feel on it. Of course I've sold most of my cartridge stuff over the past year anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm just selling it all now just to get it out of the way ;)

[quote name='Kayden']My KillBill 360 controller is done and working. I'd post pics, but you guys are probably sick of them. :lol:[/quote]go for it dude. I might just paint a faceplate at some point. Make my own custom 49ers faceplate.

I think the ACC is 4-3 in bowl games this year. If Wake can pull off a victory it will be a great year for the conference, if not pretty meh.

Main reason I care is that the stronger the ACC is perceived the better it will be for MD's ranking :)

[quote name='Eviltude']That'd be me :D. I don't like the yolk all liquidy though so I break it and let it soak into the break while it's cooking. Pretty fucking good though.

Do you have an HDTV? I don't as of yet, which is why I asked, because that could make a big difference in picture quality.[/QUOTE]

I've played it on HD, and its pretty sweet. You see stuff on people's skin that you don't see on standard def. More details in the environment.

Nearly 100% finished with Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and see that it's only going for $20 tops on eBay. That's disappointing. Was it on sale somewhere recently or something?

[quote name='xchika']serious health conditions (including, but not limited to being baby daddy and other STD's[/QUOTE] :rofl:

Speaking of which ...

One of my friends's girlfriend wants a dog. She actually bought one, down in Arizona (she's there on vacation), but he convinced her to take it back. By offering to give her A fuckING CHILD. Holy shit ... they've only been dating (well, fucking, not really dating) for a couple months. I hope they change their minds. She's only 18.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that each of you is starting off with a Happy New Year. :)

I would like to apologize for leaving without notice again, but I'm sure that most of you know that I have my reasons for doing so.

I'm sorry that I have not been around more, although I'm sure that some of you probably enjoyed a Saucy Jack-free CAG. :lol:

I still am unable to return to CAG, but I wanted to make sure to drop by today to send along my best wishes to all my friends here. And before I go, I will leave you with a gift to remind all of us of better times. That, and because I wasn't around to share them this season.

May 2007 be a hell of a lot better than 2006. Take care, my friends.

All the best,
SJ

christmasavatar1qz1.jpg
christmasavatar2we5.jpg
christmasavatar3cn1.jpg
christmasavatar4ob8.jpg

christmassigyy4.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Happy New Year, Jack.

And everyone else.

[quote name='wubb']Nearly 100% finished with Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and see that it's only going for $20 tops on eBay. That's disappointing. Was it on sale somewhere recently or something?[/QUOTE]

I think Gamefly had it for cheap.

[quote name='DT778']go for it dude. I might just paint a faceplate at some point. Make my own custom 49ers faceplate.[/quote]

Come on, you know you want a custom Detroit Lions faceplate. :)

[quote name='sixersballernum3']What what what?[/QUOTE]

Other regions, with a US release pending, as what I meant. At first I thought the DKC games would never be on the Wii, due to them being made by Rare, but that's not the case, it seems.

I just ran three miles, and I feel pretty good.

[quote name='JSweeney']Come on, you know you want a custom Detroit Lions faceplate. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey they beat the cowboys yesterday at least give them a break. Poor guys.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think Gamefly had it for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Figured it had to be something as this still has a $35 MSRP everywhere, right?

Debating if I want to just throw it up with a $20 BIN or wait and see if prices recover. Waiting for prices to recover on current gen games typically doesn't pan out for me, so I'll probably just go with option #1.

[quote name='wubb']Figured it had to be something as this still has a $35 MSRP everywhere, right?

Debating if I want to just throw it up with a $20 BIN or wait and see if prices recover. Waiting for prices to recover on current gen games typically doesn't pan out for me, so I'll probably just go with option #1.[/QUOTE]

One sale from a small retailer isn't enough to drive prices down like that.

Sometimes things just drop, and there is really no rhyme or reason as to why. Rocket Slime wasn't incredibly popular when it came out, there is barely any demand for it, so that's probably why the prices are so low. Prices were around the $20 range even before Gamefly's sale on it.

360 games are the worst on Ebay, they seem to drop incredibly quick even when there are no sales on them anywhere. Enchanted Arms, for the most part, still has a $50 - $60 MSRP on it but you can grab it on Ebay for $25 - $30. If the demand isn't there, prices drop.

Thanks for dropping that knowledge on me. No real point to waiting for prices to recover if they didn't spike down from a sale after all. It was a Xmas gift, but I know the person who bought it paid $35. Oh well, price paid has no bearing on current value of course..

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Hey they beat the cowboys yesterday at least give them a break. Poor guys.[/QUOTE]

Yea and it cost them the top pick in the draft.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for dropping that knowledge on me. No real point to waiting for prices to recover if they didn't spike down from a sale after all. It was a Xmas gift, but I know the person who bought it paid $35. Oh well, price paid has no bearing on current value of course..[/QUOTE]

Yea, it happens to alot of PSP / DS / 360 games... I remember getting the second Untold Legends when it came out for PSP in a b2g1 free from Gamestop, it was still $39.99 new / $34.99 used everywhere.

I played it a bit, decided I'd rather have the cash back, thought I'd break close to even... nope, game was selling for under $20 on Ebay.

Then are there things like Victorious Boxers 2, which retail for $10, that I sold for about $15 (including shipping). It's all about perceived demand.

Final Fantasy 3 just had that one day sale where it was $20 new and prices are still pretty high for it, just because it's popular... same with FFXII, I sold my used copy for $40 awhile ago (and re-picked it up at TRU for $25).

Or another example, Zelda for Gamecube, I can easily find it at any retailer for $50, yet people on Ebay pay $55 or so for it, because everyone counts on it going rare and hard to find and demand for it is huge.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, it happens to alot of PSP / DS / 360 games... I remember getting the second Untold Legends when it came out for PSP in a b2g1 free from Gamestop, it was still $39.99 new / $34.99 used everywhere.[/QUOTE]

And, inexplicably, some titles don't decrease in price immediately. I can't find a copy of PSP From Russia With Love for under $30 after shipping, and I thought everyone on the planet hated that game and didn't want to pay for it.

[quote name='red flare graf']I haven't even played the Gears single player.. I've been all up on the multiplayer from the get-go.[/QUOTE]

I played the campaign for about 20 minutes and got tired of it.

Heh, also debating selling Final Fantasy III. I was playing it exclusively but once I picked up Rocket Slime a couple days ago I haven't touched it. Now I'm kind of wondering if I really want to get back into it at all. The job system is cool, but not having any skills carry over from job to job is kind of dopey. From reading reviews it sounds like FFV might be more what I'm looking for.

And I now have 4 new DS games I haven't touched plus a few ones I'd had for a while sitting around untouched. And over a half dozen Xbox games coming from Gamefly. I don't know might be time to just sell it and buy it back months down the road if I even want to play it again.

[quote name='mykevermin']And, inexplicably, some titles don't decrease in price immediately. I can't find a copy of PSP From Russia With Love for under $30 after shipping, and I thought everyone on the planet hated that game and didn't want to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Could have received a rub from the new Bond movie too.

fucking adaptec and their fucking OEM controller that they dont fucking support even though they fucking have 20 other fucking models that are almost fucking identical.

[quote name='Eviltude']! PM?[/QUOTE]
Go to the Politcal board, son.

[quote name='Brak']Go to the Politcal board, son.[/QUOTE]
KK, gracias.

Wow. That was pretty intense man. Showed him ex post facto and all.

I was hoping this game would be a little more competitive. Oh well. All good for me considering I wanted USC to win.

Woot, Zelda will arrive sometime next week... same with my Trauma Center.

With my luck I'll find the damn machine in the next two days and have nothing to play on it but Wii Sports ;)

Also found a LAN adapter which is compatible with it for $12.99 through Outpost... came to $20 shipped with second day air.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, Morbo, it's obvious they weren't number 2 now, isn't it? :)[/quote]

By the looks of it, I'd say no. This is ridiculous.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, Morbo, it's obvious they weren't number 2 now, isn't it? :)[/QUOTE]Odd. They looked like number 2 to me.

[quote name='seanr1221']Picture my friend just texted me

0101070200dq9.jpg

Low point in my life there[/quote]

Umm... wheres his razor blade?

[quote name='Eviltude']Where joo find? If I had a picture of an owl, I would post it with that written on the picture, but I dont.[/quote]

indietorrents.com

[quote name='Cormier6083']Umm... wheres his razor blade?[/QUOTE]

The coolest part though was I didnt *feel* the vomit...if that makes sense. It just felt like a rushing water fall from hyrule flowing out of my mouth....or I might just be playing too much Zelda...

So you better get a Wii soon Roufuss, did you have any problems dropping your Zune?

Also, you CAGs will be proud of me...I FINALLY bought RE4. Can't say I like how it's letterboxed on my widescreen tv though :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back