This OTT was not made by craven_fiend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebutt is on some real gay shit right now.. like, REAL GAY SHIT. [quote name='Maklershed']Debating if I should pre-order Heavy Rain from Amazon now or wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]I'd say just wait. Early impressions are giving that rental/$30 vibe.

Having a fever sucks. My whole body is achy and my head feels like it weighs more HumanSnatcher.

I kind of want to go watch TV in the living room, but there is nothing good on at 10AM on a Saturday. :[

[quote name='Maklershed']Debating if I should pre-order Heavy Rain from Amazon now or wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Have fun brushing your teeth.

I wonder if Justin Pierce would still be in stoner movies if he hadn't killed himself. I remember getting a friend to soak a tampon in koolaid and drink it after watching KIDS.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Shutter Island was ehhhhhh, alright. Not bad by any stretch, I'm just not sure how I feel with how and what it unraveled.

It teetered on the edge of an M. Night Shyamalan "twist."
In fact, Scorsese seemed scared to reveal anything quickly, and he ended up letting it unfold too slowly. It's not fun when you know the film is trying to get at something, but the time it takes to get there is the least inspired part of the film. The conclusion did justify and make up for preceding bits, I just wasn't truly floored by the movie as a whole. Which isn't as much of a knock as it sounds, I think the movie still accomplished what it set out to do - create a creepy psychological journey.

There were some really incredible and fun scenes in there too. Scorsese's weaker stuff is still better than most of the big films that hit theaters.[/QUOTE]Let me guess
you find out DiCaprio is really insane and was brought there as a patient or something.

Thanks for the tip TFN!

Friday after Next is on at 11 too!

USA is obviously overcompensating for the past week of the Cold Honkey Games taking up so much of Black History Month

That Kids movie had some of the ugliest looking people I've ever seen. That one kid looked like McLovin.

telly.jpg

mclovin-2.JPG

I'm going to play Dante's Inferno again to hopefully get the achievements I missed. Are there any missable Virgil conversations that I need to search for, or are they all in plain sight?

Why do game designers think I want to experience the everyday tedium of some virtual character? That's the same sh!t that made me want to drop kick my PC when I tried the sims. I don't "relate" to a character because we both have the same hygienic practices.

[quote name='JJSP']Puma, what's in it for me to let you get a cheap copy of Win7?

Shutter Island was awesome.[/QUOTE]

What do you want, mang? Check my tradelist for games, or I can slide a few bucks your way. My RC expires in like 10 days, and I can't afford to buy a retail copy of W7 right now. Or I could make you a super cool mixtape, complete with comments in between songs recorded by me, but no one wants that.
___
Today is going to be so fucking great.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm going to play Dante's Inferno again to hopefully get the achievements I missed. Are there any missable Virgil conversations that I need to search for, or are they all in plain sight?[/QUOTE]

I didnt know I could talk to him more than once, after I finished greed I started milking him him of all his conversations and I still got the trophy after I hit treachery. He's always in plain sight.

Yeah my first playthrough I didn't realize you could talk to him more than once for new conversation.

I'm at the beginning of gluttony now after an hour, it's easy to just go through and spam the cross at everything. Going for all of the silver coins, all of the relics, level 7 holy, all of the holy tree, and all of the conversation. Then all I need to do is that Gates of Hell thing for 1000.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah my first playthrough I didn't realize you could talk to him more than once for new conversation.

I'm at the beginning of gluttony now after an hour, it's easy to just go through and spam the cross at everything. Going for all of the silver coins, all of the relics, level 7 holy, all of the holy tree, and all of the conversation. Then all I need to do is that Gates of Hell thing for 1000.[/QUOTE]Do the Gates of Hell when you max out the Holy side. It makes those 50 waves a lot easier just spamming O(or B if you're playing on 360). Spam until you're about to do that super charged one, then a quick combo with square square (x x). Rinse, repeat, and you'll get it in no time.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']For those that have played inferno- I take it they leave Mohammed and Ali out of the game's version of the story?[/QUOTE]I don't know about the original Dante's Inferno, but I don't remember anybody named Mohammed or Ali.

[quote name='tiredfornow']

I don't know about the original Dante's Inferno, but I don't remember anybody named Mohammed or Ali.[/QUOTE]

Mohammed as in the prophet (with his guts hanging out eternally) and his brother Ali (with his face and jaw split in two like the predator). I kind of figured that part got skipped since I didn't hear anything from CAIR or any riots.

Alright, cool. I'll wait to do Gates of Hell last, thanks.

I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time the other day. I think I need to buy that wallet. I need a new wallet, anyway.

I have no use for a copy of Win7, and Puma asked first. If you guys wanna duke it out, tape it first. Send me a PM and lemme know what I've gotta do.

My biggest problem with Shutter was that it spent the first hour or so going in circles. Really awesome atmospheric creepiness, but didn't do much to advance the story.
--
Wasn't looking like Coachella was gonna happen since it's so expensive, but my girlfriend got her taxes back and she's getting $1300 back. Now I've gotta find enough bands I'm into to justify it.

[quote name='JolietJake']That was a really fucked up movie.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that bad. You should watch Irreversible or Martyrs, and I'm willing to bet you will be sorry for watching 'em. Those films are-- hands down-- the most fu cked up films I've ever seen in my life.

I hate gamestop.... I just tried to use my $10 coupon and order FFXIII. It worked but then when I got to the final order screen it wasn't active. WTF...

I'll Netflix it, keyblade, sounds interesting.

My friend tried watching Irreversible a few days ago and he said he felt like shit after the first 20 minutes because of that high frequency shit, so now I don't want to watch it. :|

[quote name='Rocko']I'm going to play Dante's Inferno again to hopefully get the achievements I missed. Are there any missable Virgil conversations that I need to search for, or are they all in plain sight?[/QUOTE]

They're all pretty much in plain sight -- there's one where he's kind of out of the way a little right before you fight King Minos. The place I missed him (twice) was before the final battle, at the very beginning of the ice bridge...

Just make sure you talk to him until he disappears each time. Save frequently and on different files. If you notice a gap in the conversations on the collectibles menu, you can always go back and make sure to talk to him -- but for the most part, he's pretty out in the open.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Do the Gates of Hell when you max out the Holy side. It makes those 50 waves a lot easier just spamming O(or B if you're playing on 360). Spam until you're about to do that super charged one, then a quick combo with square square (x x). Rinse, repeat, and you'll get it in no time.

I don't know about the original Dante's Inferno, but I don't remember anybody named Mohammed or Ali.[/QUOTE]

Gates of Hell got aggravating -- first try I get to wave 46, I think. :bomb:
Then I figured out the real secret, if you want to do it and don't mind taking a bit of time.

You need the holy road maxed, or at least most of it.
Make sure you equip these four relics:
Magic Damage Increase
Ranged Weapon Damage Increase
Cross Increase Damage
Magic Regeneration

All should be at level 3.

Start a wave. Spam Martyrdom level 3 until everything is dead.
Wait around until your mana regenerates fully.
Start the next wave. Spam Martyrdom level 3 until everything is dead.
Wait around for mana to regenerate.
Rinse, repeat.

Until I got impatient and sick of waiting for mana regeneration, I think I had the clock up to something insane like 8:00.
You'll get a lot of health from the cross kills if you have the holy road maxed out... and the martyrdom kills make it so you complete the shit without taking damage so you end up getting +45 seconds every round.

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

Holy taxes, we're getting $8912 back from federal. Wasn't expecting that much. Dent in student loans and San Diego trip. Maybe a triple, but I don't know.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']It wasn't that bad. You should watch Irreversible or Martyrs, and I'm willing to bet you will be sorry for watching 'em. Those films are-- hands down-- the most fu cked up films I've ever seen in my life.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think Irreversible was that bad. The
rape
scene was extremely uncomfortable, and I can see how that qualifies as fucked up, but the rest of the film was pretty tame compared to that.

[quote name='Rocko']
I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time the other day. I think I need to buy that wallet. I need a new wallet, anyway.[/QUOTE]I want it, too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gates of Hell got aggravating -- first try I get to wave 46, I think. :bomb:
Then I figured out the real secret, if you want to do it and don't mind taking a bit of time.

You need the holy road maxed, or at least most of it.
Make sure you equip these four relics:
Magic Damage Increase
Ranged Weapon Damage Increase
Cross Increase Damage
Magic Regeneration

All should be at level 3.

Start a wave. Spam Martyrdom level 3 until everything is dead.
Wait around until your mana regenerates fully.
Start the next wave. Spam Martyrdom level 3 until everything is dead.
Wait around for mana to regenerate.
Rinse, repeat.

Until I got impatient and sick of waiting for mana regeneration, I think I had the clock up to something insane like 8:00.
You'll get a lot of health from the cross kills if you have the holy road maxed out... and the martyrdom kills make it so you complete the shit without taking damage so you end up getting +45 seconds every round.[/QUOTE]I got to wave 44 w/ 25 seconds left just trying to beat 'em by comboing and wasting magic, but the second time around I just spammed O for the most part or waste my magic on those assholes with the ball and chain spinning around. I think I finished with 4 or 5 minutes left. fucking hate those dudes.

[quote name='Rocko']My friend tried watching Irreversible a few days ago and he said he felt like shit after the first 20 minutes because of that high frequency shit, so now I don't want to watch it. :|[/QUOTE]

Don't skip Irreversible, I don't even like those kind of movies and I've seen it twice. Definitely worth it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

Holy taxes, we're getting $8912 back from federal. Wasn't expecting that much. Dent in student loans and San Diego trip. Maybe a triple, but I don't know.[/QUOTE]
Wow, nice. The thought of student loans has me absolutely terrified, but there's no way to pay for college otherwise.

[quote name='st0neface']Don't skip Irreversible, I don't even like those kind of movies and I've seen it twice. Definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]
But the effect from the beginning of the movie seems like absolute shit.

[quote name='Rocko']I'll Netflix it, keyblade, sounds interesting.

My friend tried watching Irreversible a few days ago and he said he felt like shit after the first 20 minutes because of that high frequency shit, so now I don't want to watch it. :|[/QUOTE]There are only two unsettling parts in the movie, but it really is an amazing movie.

Got disk one of the third season of Deadwood from netflix today. Looking forward to finishing up the series.

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) is already up on instant watch. That was quick.

[quote name='Rocko']Wow, nice. The thought of student loans has me absolutely terrified, but there's no way to pay for college otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I feel for you on loans to Florida. My wife is only like 18K in the hole. Only reasons for her loans was because she wasn't working at all. She had scholarships for full ride I do too, but need loans for bills. Community college is our only option, so that helps.

I don't think I will want to come back from San Diego in the Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back