Thrift Store Thread 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='doodmandood']Sell it to SegaSonic01.[/QUOTE]
Yes, sell/trade it to Segasonic01. I want it.

Thanks for remembering me, dood :)

[quote name='lmz00']moop, out of curiosity, how much do you bring in an average month flipping games?[/QUOTE]

Just games is about $1000. Everything else I sell, about $2500

Today's exciting haul:
IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Picked up GH Mega Man 8 CIB for the ps1 - $1.60

The following games I didnt pick up
Black label Legends of Dragoon, Final fantany 8 and 9 CIB - 8.00 each

[quote name='yoyo1316']Picked up GH Mega Man 8 CIB for the ps1 - $1.60

The following games I didnt pick up
Black label Legends of Dragoon, Final fantany 8 and 9 CIB - 8.00 each[/QUOTE]

Where'd you leave those behind?

I left it cause i already have those games, as for flipping it, the profit will be only a couple dollars (time, packing it, and fees, not worth it to me). Its at the goodwill off Brand Blvd in glendale

Almost picked up a 360 High School Musical Dance pad at my local Savers but couldn't really think of what the heck I'd do with it . . . only sports titles otherwise.

Watchmen Trade Paperback

few bent pages, 1 cm tear on 1 page

53 cents

dunno if worth anything but stupid cheap for reading

First non game item in awhile. $3- Casio CFX-9800G color graphing calculator. Doesnt look like too many people want these but I should be able to sell it for more than $3.

[quote name='nixmahn']Watchmen Trade Paperback

few bent pages, 1 cm tear on 1 page

53 cents

dunno if worth anything but stupid cheap for reading[/QUOTE]

Probably worth $4-$5 on eBay. 100x better than the movie though. Definitely worth a read.

[quote name='DarkRider23']100x better than the movie though. Definitely worth a read.[/QUOTE]

I just want to echo this, the graphic novel is so much better than the movie.

Got two Justifier light guns for the Genesis in great shape for 5 bucks today.

That thrift store has had a steady stream of Genesis accessories and CIB Genesis games lately fU:

non gaming related but i got a pair of never worn black hi top converses for 4 dollars. and a brand new in box pair of nike air force ones air jordans for 15.

I'm pretty happy with this score today, NES system with dogbone controller, Super Mario 3 was in the system $19.99, also found Mike Tyson's Punchout for $4.99. I'm keeping the system for a backup but will probably flip the dogbone and the super mario 3 since I already have them

IMG_0159.jpg

A while ago I went to a Goodwill probably a half hour away from the Goodwill in our town and I found a Wario Land for Virtual Boy for 50 cents!

[quote name='Animal7390']why'd you leave those behind?[/QUOTE]I would've passed on FF8/9 for $8 each, they're worth about that much or less. Should've grabbed LoD though.

[quote name='darkslime']I would've passed on FF8/9 for $8 each, they're worth about that much or less. Should've grabbed LoD though.[/QUOTE]

You're prices are a bit off on those. I sold both recently for $21 and $18 respectively.

Who likes Dungeons & Dragons? I do!!! Walked into a thrift store and lo and behold. Someone apparently got sick of Dungeons & Dragons. All of these tapletop books cost a total of $114 out the door. There's some good shit in here. The stuff at the end are modules and maps with no title spines and various inserts and DM screens. It amazes me what some people donate.
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

[quote name='kube00']What is the bundle worth?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure yet. It's gonna take some time to sell. If I'm lucky I'll make a few hundred off the investment. A few of the books are valuable and will cover the total cost. Then it's a matter of making a profit on the rest. The Rules Cyclopedia goes for a bit and the 4 volume Encyclopedia Magica is pretty valuable. There is also a rare Lod of the Rings supplement in the stack.

[quote name='moop2001']Who likes Dungeons & Dragons? I do!!! Walked into a thrift store and lo and behold. Someone apparently got sick of Dungeons & Dragons. All of these tapletop books cost a total of $114 out the door. There's some good shit in here. The stuff at the end are modules and maps with no title spines and various inserts and DM screens. It amazes me what some people donate.
Gary Gygax is rolling (a twelve-sided die) in his grave.

And I botched the quotes. Bah.

[quote name='moop2001']You're prices are a bit off on those. I sold both recently for $21 and $18 respectively.[/QUOTE]I guess they went up, I remember selling both 8 and 9 for around $10 each when I sold off my collection in December.

[quote name='darkslime']I guess they went up, I remember selling both 8 and 9 for around $10 each when I sold off my collection in December.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have picked those up for $8 each either, $3 each would be more my speed.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I wouldn't have picked those up for $8 each either, $3 each would be more my speed.[/QUOTE]

Awesome

Picked up the following no games (sorry too lazy to take pics)
Rain mate purifier - 8.00 (flipping right now at 46.50)
Kobe 4s (like new) - 9.00
Jordan 4s (mars 1989) - 1.99 (hopping to flip this for a good amount)
IMG_2210.jpg

Jordan 4s (oreos 1989) - 1.99 (hopping to flip this for a good amount)
IMG_2203.jpg

Good god this thread is awesome. I haven't really found anything too interesting at my Goodwill. All there ever is for games are older sports games for PC.

Anyone ever have any luck shopping at Lily Pad? There's a Goodwill and a Lily Pad about 20 minutes from me. I might stop by tomorrow thanks to this thread.

[quote name='chronoserge456']People pay ridiculous amounts on Jordan's. Amazing find yoyo.[/QUOTE]
Now I'm annoyed that I turned down the idea of buying an old pair of Air Jordans at a Salvation Army about 20-25 minutes from me about a month ago.

I think they were about $6 or so.:whistle2:#

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back