Titanfall $30/any $60 game in stock ~30 off YMMV(Staples online). May need to use VPN to redeem. (link to instructions)-DEAD!

Linkgx1

CAGiversary!
Okay, so I'm not seeing anything posted about Titanfall deals here. But I just got Titanfall for $30 via a special deal that I found on slickdeals.com 

Basically go here.  A lot more details. 

The VPN instructions are here. It's REALLY sensitive to what area you are in. I have no staples where I lived and got a denial message. 

Shout out to jbg22003 over @ slickdeals forums. 

Also, the total order has to be $60, so you'll want to add like a $1 item.

Also, some are reporting this will work with almost any $60 game/order. So you might be able to test the waters with any game or two 3DS games (Thanks ProfessorMicro! and Victimsofadown) I only tried Titanfall.

Finally, according to preston181, VPNs can be used to collect information. So as soon as you get the code, for safety reasons, please disconnect from the server!

oeXntlC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude thats crazy. I can't believe it. I'm in the IT field myself, and to think that a government associated entity would barely use any security for their VPN blows my mind.

Wild theories/conspiracies aside, I'm starting to think that if you didn't get a confirmation email, you can kiss that order goodbye. It's not trackable/searchable via the site and thus does not exist. I strongly considered calling Staples and grilling whoever on the status, but if they're looking to cancel orders or adjust the final amount they charge to my card, they'd see that the address/addressee on both my discounted orders are the same and I'd be out a Live membership, as well as Titanfall (which I already have on PC). No need to draw attention, right away, but might wait till/if the confirmed order ships. Good luck to anyone who can still get an order in.

MY order didn't go through because i used one of the posted coupon codes. So the lady I talked to said that she would just charge me the full price then refund the 30 to get around it. Of course I said it was my own coupon code but thats another story.

I don't need to read this thread to tell you all that most of you want get your orders fulfilled. 

But there is a good chance a lot of you will get blacklisted from Staples.com

I strongly considered calling Staples and grilling whoever on the status
:shame:

I don't need to read this thread to tell you all that most of you want get your orders fulfilled.

Well if they haven't blacklisted me for using Chinese coupons yet I would hope they don't blacklist me for using a pair of legitimate coupons.

Now that is funny, as I am sitting here with a g510s keyboard I got for $35+ tax using this coupon, + a price match to best buy a week ago (Not on sale anymore so don't bother, but when they adjust the price to price match, the coupon is taken off the adjusted price, so the $65 price matched keyboard became $35), but this is a legitimate coupon, and if you have the coupon code you can use it no problem without an fear of repercussion.

The issue I keep seeing is people are thinking about this as just a "TItanfall for $30!" which if it was JUST working on that, than yes I can see it being not fulfilled, but it is a site wide coupon, and had been around for like a week.

If you got a confirmation email, you are good to go and all set, otherwise, you may have gotten an order in when it was OOS, in which case it will be refunded in about 4 days automatically (Happened with a internal hard drive I ordered).

So no confirmation email means the order never went through?
The no confirmation email means that the item was probably sold out and will probably just get cancelled.

My recommendation is that on the order placed page, you choose to print it, but instead of actually printing it, just chose "save".

first page codes would not work for me

tried to go through the steps to innitate a code but failed repeatedly

anyone have another code to share please?

Thank you

ps boring order lol, want a couple cases of copy paper and a pen to take it over $60

Finally, according to preston181, VPNs can be used to collect information. So as soon as you get the code, for safety reasons, please disconnect from the server!
^

This

My laptop acquired a piece of malware from doing this the other night, so be careful

Now that is funny, as I am sitting here with a g510s keyboard I got for $35+ tax using this coupon, + a price match to best buy a week ago (Not on sale anymore so don't bother, but when they adjust the price to price match, the coupon is taken off the adjusted price, so the $65 price matched keyboard became $35), but this is a legitimate coupon, and if you have the coupon code you can use it no problem without an fear of repercussion.

The issue I keep seeing is people are thinking about this as just a "TItanfall for $30!" which if it was JUST working on that, than yes I can see it being not fulfilled, but it is a site wide coupon, and had been around for like a week.

If you got a confirmation email, you are good to go and all set, otherwise, you may have gotten an order in when it was OOS, in which case it will be refunded in about 4 days automatically (Happened with a internal hard drive I ordered).
it is funny b/c you said you'd been doing this all week. So yes, it doesn't surprise me, or make me laugh, that your orders shipped.

However Staples uses UPS, UPS doesn't ship on the weekend and all the orders in this thread were placed early Saturday morning. Staples has a very low inventory of video game items (they recently just started selling them in the states), sells more then what they have on hand, and once they analyze the sales the bulk of these will be cancelled.

I finally got the coupon text but it keeps telling me it isnt avaiable in my area. Anyone know whcih area this is good for? I will just set a mock location.

Yall might want to call or give em an email. Just got 2 emails at once. First one said my order was on hold due to the coupon already being redeemed, and unless I changed payment methods it would be cancelled.

The other said the item was OOS so it was cancelled. Don't want any of yall getting charged 60$+

Yall might want to call or give em an email. Just got 2 emails at once. First one said my order was on hold due to the coupon already being redeemed, and unless I changed payment methods it would be cancelled.

The other said the item was OOS so it was cancelled. Don't want any of yall getting charged 60$+
How does changing your payment method have anything to do with the coupon?

I finally got the coupon text but it keeps telling me it isnt avaiable in my area. Anyone know whcih area this is good for? I will just set a mock location.
Nevermind, finally got it through VPN and they changed the coupon you receive. now it is $10 off $40 instore only

after about 30 tries and 2 phone calls, the coupon finally worked for me. *VERY* early this morning, I tried one of the 2 codes listed in the beginning of this thread and received a confirmation page, but no email. I called Staples a few hours ago and they said it was in draft mode. I told them to keep it in the system and they said they could but would be purged from draft mode and cancelled after monday.

I didn't use the vpn method, since my phone doesn't support it, so I just ended up turning off location support on my cell and brute forced the url to work and after 30 or so times it finally gave me my coupon code. I called staples back and gave them my unique coupon code and they adjusted my order and approved it. 

Is this worth half off Titanfall? We'll see, but it did finally work!

Cant get a coupon code, have been struggling to try to get one all day. Just isn't working for me.

Hey CAG, Just wanted to tell you all a story with my experience with this.

Yes I managed to get a coupon no issues.

However lets talk about Titanfall. As you know its sold out, hell... lets look at the rest of staples.com, sold out of everything over 60$... seems suspicious tbh... Sims 4, 360, ps3 games, HELL even an internal harddrive that had good ratings, all of those sold out! Like geez... so everything you might actually want.. sold out. My guess? The internet abused the 30$ off 60$ and they were losing money, so they pulled things from the site till after the 19th.

Anyways this time I CALLED staples, had a VERY nice rep who called me back 2 times trying to help me order titanfall via her system. Her system WOULD allow her to process it, however she said its delivery date would be the 28th. (So yea.. sounds like wont be back officially till after the coupon expires) Then she checked more into it. Said if she processed it, it looks like it would do anything else in the order, but would cancel the game since the VENDOR hasnt supplied them back yet, so the order would be a waste.

So main thing to take from this right now... seems nothing worth while in terms of games on staples.com right now, it seems they are flagged as a loss, so anything of value is "Out of stock" till after the 19th when the coupon is no good anymore.

You can still use your item if there is stuff that you want that will add up to over $60.  I know there was several people getting 15+ cases of bottled water for $30 after the coupon. So just don't limit yourself to items over $60 if you need/want to use the coupon.

Oh I am sure you can use it on a buncha smaller (More profitable for them) items, but anything that has a higher price point with very low profit margin, is "sold out"

Edit: Geez.. more and more I look, really makes me suspect, Even their xbox live 12 month cards and controllers are out of stock... The time cards you usually never would see out of stock, so yea, really seems like they are holding out on us cause they made too good of a deal... Radioshack did that too with that old 100$ giftcard when you get an ipad mini thing cause it was getting overused.

Those having an issue getting a coupon, just use your iphone or ipad over wifi, thats how I did mine, then AFTER you do the whole text message thing, if you have an android, turn off all location services stuff, dont use wifi, use your cellular connection, click the link in your text message, it will load up without a VPN. Works fine. Then just write that code down.

Oh I am sure you can use it on a buncha smaller (More profitable for them) items, but anything that has a higher price point with very low profit margin, is "sold out"

Edit: Geez.. more and more I look, really makes me suspect, Even their xbox live 12 month cards and controllers are out of stock... The time cards you usually never would see out of stock, so yea, really seems like they are holding out on us cause they made too good of a deal... Radioshack did that too with that old 100$ giftcard when you get an ipad mini thing cause it was getting overused.
You seriously either overestimate the number they would have in stock, or underestimate the amount of people who would swarm onto deals like this. They WANT people to use these coupons, they send out coupons like this all the time to reward members, and it is because the mass of people jumping on the specific products that has caused them to sell out.

You seriously either overestimate the number they would have in stock, or underestimate the amount of people who would swarm onto deals like this. They WANT people to use these coupons, they send out coupons like this all the time to reward members, and it is because the mass of people jumping on the specific products that has caused them to sell out.
He seems to have missed that when this hit SD in full force after they finally realized it could be used on things like this (took several days of it being mentioned around specific deals surprisingly) that those things were devoured. They were all there and in stock last night except Dark Souls. They keyed in on the Live cards and $50 Live currency and poof.

Those having an issue getting a coupon, just use your iphone or ipad over wifi, thats how I did mine, then AFTER you do the whole text message thing, if you have an android, turn off all location services stuff, dont use wifi, use your cellular connection, click the link in your text message, it will load up without a VPN. Works fine. Then just write that code down.
I wish it worked, but I still get "This offer isn't available in your geographic location." Location services are off, WiFi is off, I've tried both through VPN and without it. Heck, I'll even post the links from my texts here, maybe someone else can get them to work, cause I sure can't:

http://qupon.ws/rd/Y5YOE
http://qupon.ws/rd/Y6082
http://qupon.ws/rd/YBPHT
http://qupon.ws/rd/YEIE2

Well for anyone willing to take a chance everything's showing it's available again.  It may well not be and you might just get stuck in order limbo but if you're not going to use the coupon on anything else then it's worth a shot at least.

Shit. I'm trying to use the VPN to get another code and I'm getting nowhere. Always "not available in you location" crap.

Edit: Shit. This is DEAD.

Well I used my other code to order a Live card last night when I noted everything was back in stock and it took like 8 hours but got the email so maybe they get some more.  Kind of makes sense though since based on the tracking info I got for Titanfall, UPS says it's being shipped from "SYNNEX/NEW AGE ELECTRONICS" which I'm assuming is their supplier for the games.  So that would explain how they were able to release a bunch more for orders possibly.

Of course now that I ordered the Live card I'm regretting that I didn't order a $50 Live currency card instead like when I regretted ordering Titanfall instead of a Live card. :whee:

you must not have ever heard of slick deals, i have no doubt enough people have abused this that they are probably out of stock on alot of items. its not like everything went out all at once, it was stuff like dark souls 2 and titanfall first, then other games fell in line after that.

you must not have ever heard of slick deals, i have no doubt enough people have abused this that they are probably out of stock on alot of items. its not like everything went out all at once, it was stuff like dark souls 2 and titanfall first, then other games fell in line after that.
Of course I know SD. Not new to finding good deals. ;) I just also know in the retail world, that yes, sometimes mistakes get made and in this case, making the choice to be "sold out" or stop the offer are valid choices for a company. Look at this thread alone, its all about how to bypass the geographic location to get a code you are not supposed to get. I mean it makes no sense to lose 25-30$ per sale by selling something for less then they bought it for.

Now dont get me wrong, seems they did readd some items.. but still hopeful before the 19th, more stuff comes in. After all, we all wouldnt be here unless there was a deal to be had (Or exploit)

Of course I know SD. Not new to finding good deals. ;) I just also know in the retail world, that yes, sometimes mistakes get made and in this case, making the choice to be "sold out" or stop the offer are valid choices for a company. Look at this thread alone, its all about how to bypass the geographic location to get a code you are not supposed to get. I mean it makes no sense to lose 25-30$ per sale by selling something for less then they bought it for.

Now dont get me wrong, seems they did readd some items.. but still hopeful before the 19th, more stuff comes in. After all, we all wouldnt be here unless there was a deal to be had (Or exploit)
you have a point though, i know best buy's inventory suddenly will become unavailable everywhere when some deal is going on, and everything is coming back in stock now.

Can anyone pm me an un used code? I keep getting a server error message and not the geographical error message. Anyone know whats up?

Can anyone pm me an un used code? I keep getting a server error message and not the geographical error message. Anyone know whats up?
This is pretty much dead unless Staples decides to flip it back on. Trying to get a new code, even through valid means, says it's expired but also everyone that has a valid code already seems to be getting the same result at checkout.

So i got the code, but it says its expired, even though its says COUPONS valid though 3/23/2014. Can we  call customer service and complain? Maybe say something like, ill report you to the BBW for false advertisement? Its the law in california that they must give you the advertised price, and there is a staples in palo alto.

bread's done
Back