TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL on gamestop.com

Weird I could have sworn when this was first posted that I preordered from Gamestop. Never received any notice from Gamestop, and its not showing in my orders under my account. Ended up preodering from Best Buy instead at least there I get better reward points lol

You most definitely can. You can do it by login into your account and looking at the order details or sending an email requesting cancelation with the order number. It's an easy process. I had to do it back when the New Leaf 3DS XL first showed up at GameStop, but then showed up at Best Buy.
DX Nothing with GameStop is easy in my life:

The order maintenance system was unable to process your request.

To change your shipping method or cancel an order please send an email with your order number to [email protected]. To update your credit card information please call (800) 883-8895. Please do not send credit card information via email. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday.

had to call customer service, took half an hour... :headache: they're going to send me a check
WTF! :censored: last time I buy anything from gamestop... exept the $30 ps+ cards
You did it the first day huh, where they did that I store "web order"? Sorry that crapped out for you, but at least you're able to tell people avoid that Instore web order bs.

As much as I like to think this is Pikachu 2.0.....I think it has an equal probability of being Zelda Wii U 2.0......$220 +Tax/Shipping is VERY high for a 3DS, when during Black Friday, odds are normal 3DS XL's will be averaging around $170 per.....Also, you have to think most people already own an XL and do not feel the need to pay for a new one....the Pikachu XL was released not too long after normal XLs were released, so you have to figure many people who bought the Pikachu XL upgraded from their normal 3DS systems. Now that most people already own an XL, it is hard to see these flying off the shelves, especially at that price. This is a tough one to gauge.
As I've mentioned before, the Pikachu 3DS XL was the perfect storm (though 7 months after the original release wasn't that early)...

It was the first uniquely designed 3DS XL unit offered in the US (we rarely get these, so the demand was higher than say Japan who gets many).

There was the CN promo for a free game.

It was $160 dollars.

It seems to be rarer than the Pokemon X and Y versions.

Was a standard unit, so there wasn't any extra buffer.

etc

However, I am willing to wager the Zelda 3DS XL will sell fast. Zelda has a strong fan base and a lot of those people are going to buy A Link Between Worlds anyway. So in that sense, the difference is price is moot.

had to call customer service, took half an hour... :headache: they're going to send me a check

WTF! :censored: last time I buy anything from gamestop... exept the $30 ps+ cards
Amazon is gonna have digital (maybe physical) $30 PS+ cards if you don't wanna throw business Gamestops way.

Canceled XB1 Day 1 at Gamestop today, preordered this, and am debating on getting a Wii U, thoughts? Also I am getting PS4 on release, so that factors in to when or if I get a Wii U

I went to BB to pre order and you can't do it in store. :( The guy tried his hardest to help me but it seems like it's online only for BB pre order.

'Supposedly', the AmazonDeals person on here said Amazon will be matching the $30 PS+ deal. Could be something to watch for.

Last edited by a moderator:
You posted a message on Gaf about not really wanting this also.

My expert opinion: You kinda want this.
No shit Sherlock. I want it, but I can't justify spending $200+ on something I already have. So, I'm just jealous of all you. I'd rather put $220 into my Vanguard.

No shit Sherlock. I want it, but I can't justify spending $200+ on something I already have. So, I'm just jealous of all you. I'd rather put $220 into my Vanguard.
You know you won't be out the entire $220+ on the new XL. You can sell your old one and recoup some of your money back.

This sucker looks pretty sweet. I have one pre-ordered at BB and GS, I'll decide in the next week or so on which one I'll keep. I was thinking of trading in my red xl, is there any way to transfer your downloaded games a la carte between two 3ds?

Last edited by a moderator:
The internals are the same right just different color. Also does anyone know if it comes with the game in a physical cart or is it on a downloadable code?

Absolutely getting this. I hate GameStop, but I put $50 down on it from the actual store.

Also, the girl who rang me up told me it might be hectic the day it comes out because... apparently the Xbox One comes out the same day...?

Absolutely getting this. I hate GameStop, but I put $50 down on it from the actual store.

Also, the girl who rang me up told me it might be hectic the day it comes out because... apparently the Xbox One comes out the same day...?
It does, as does Super Mario 3D World. I would check with your particular location to be sure, but you should also be able to pick up at midnight if you wanted if your store is doing a midnight launch for the Xbone.

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble trying to preorder it on gamestop, they won't match my billing address with my credit card and stuff, keep getting the same error message, so I kinda gave up on it by now since I even tried like 3 different cards.

So I'd like to ask if it would be a nice choice buying on BBY instead or if they won't carry any extra it may contain on the gamestop release ( which I don't believe ). I can't go myself and preorder on a physical GS since I'm not in America by now, so I just can ship it to a friend that will bring me it by xmas time.

I preordered one of these. On the 22nd I'm going to be picking up the X1, 4 X1 games, X1 controller, Super Mario 3D World, and this 3ds. Needless to say I am extremely excited.

I'll be packing my G19 with one in the chamber. That's a lot of stuff, damn

I preordered one of these. On the 22nd I'm going to be picking up the X1, 4 X1 games, X1 controller, Super Mario 3D World, and this 3ds. Needless to say I am extremely excited.

I'll be packing my G19 with one in the chamber. That's a lot of stuff, damn
Same.

Although I might not pick it up that day, basically everything you're getting is what I'm getting.

Ordered this when it was first announced, was hoping it would be more limited and more of a collector's piece, I cancelled this morning. Couldnt do it online.. had to call in, 40 minute wait.

Ordered this when it was first announced, was hoping it would be more limited and more of a collector's piece, I cancelled this morning. Couldnt do it online.. had to call in, 40 minute wait.
Had to call.. and it took 40 minutes? I cancelled by e-mail and a few others have as well. Not sure if it was only you, but maybe it will help in the future. All you had to do was e-mail them with your order number and say you wanted to cancel.

Had to call.. and it took 40 minutes? I cancelled by e-mail and a few others have as well. Not sure if it was only you, but maybe it will help in the future. All you had to do was e-mail them with your order number and say you wanted to cancel.
Yeah I tried on their website and there was some maintenance error, I always get that error when trying to cancel online.

Tried the email route, no change a day later and was worried they would charge my card soon

sent an email. order was cancelled within 24 hours

in the email i mentioned i wanted to cancel my preorder and included my order #

I was thinking of pre ordering one of these in-store. Has anyone do so recently? My store isn't open yet for another few hours and I'm getting a bit nervous that they aren't taking orders in store anymore and my only choice will be on their crappy website.

bread's done
Back