Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)

Fair enough.

If I knew earlier I would have went for it, there's a really good purple blueprint for completing side missions in a certain district. The SMG is a lvl 19 AUG and would likely last you 3-4 levels. Should I ever decide to make an alt, I'll definitely craft one for her and hand it down.

Bah, I used my first batch of Phoenix Credits on some new Gold Gloves and I just wanted to reroll one perk. I looked at the options and I would have been cool with almost any of them except for a few and was like 'alright no matter what I should have at least one thing I want' and of course nope, it was all perks for abilities I never use somehow so it was literally every single one I didn't want and each one not available would have been good with me. Bah. What a boring way to spend my first ~150 Phoenix Credits.

you'll be swimming in fenix credits soon enough...the non cag group I've been running with, buys a new blueprint every day then makes 4-5 of the items until they get something they like...or not.

phoenix credits are apparently account wide, so in theory if you could run dailies w/multiple characters and get credit for each time you do. Of course, you might burn out faster by doing this.

you'll be swimming in fenix credits soon enough...the non cag group I've been running with, buys a new blueprint every day then makes 4-5 of the items until they get something they like...or not.

phoenix credits are apparently account wide, so in theory if you could run dailies w/multiple characters and get credit for each time you do. Of course, you might burn out faster by doing this.
Hah yeah I do not like this game enough to make multiple characters. Main reason I play it each night is just to keep up with my buddies. Every night I am always like "... if you guys want to play something else I wouldn't mind.."

Good to know though that it is account wide in case the DLC or something pulls me in down the road.

Hah yeah I do not like this game enough to make multiple characters. Main reason I play it each night is just to keep up with my buddies. Every night I am always like "... if you guys want to play something else I wouldn't mind.."

Good to know though that it is account wide in case the DLC or something pulls me in down the road.
Oh...you were hinting? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
epic rendering of a majestic bullet king, minus the front foot fwd which seems a bit off and not shaded at all...I'd almost want to email the artist and ask to fix it, then pay for a print and frame it for my game room. Sadly, I had killed the bullet king long ago during my travels through NYC...and he was not there when I looked to revisit him.

got my first yellow in the DZ last night...the Division was trolling me because quite literally it seemed 85% of all purple, the 1 yellow, and all purple daily rewards/drops were...side arms (pistols). Hoping the pistol has good stats so I feel less and less inclined to craft the one from the story mission.

I crafted one of the tactical M249 para LMG's (a few times), first one apparently was the best even though the talents aren't all that exciting. 46% extra accuracy, 46% extra stability, the 3rd I have yet to unlock...the other ones had health on kill, regen on kill, cool down on kill. Then I realized, I'm not getting any kills w/this thing in challenge mode or the darker zone. So I went back to my bullet laser. 46% accuracy was the difference of the reticle starting at 4 times the size of what an LMG eventually shrinks down to...huge difference.

word.

Got my Teal weapon skin just in time for Easter...looks nice on the vector.

Teal (Lincoln Tunnel), Pink (Lexington), Orange, and I think there's one more or maybe not...have a chance to drop from the last boss of the current challenge missions. It's not 100% but it's apparently high.

I had wondered where ppl got this for the longest time since I'd been checking the clothes vendor for a while. If you dint noe, uh huh..now you noe.

Picked this up last week and really liking this. Dig all the side missions, it's easy to pop it in and play it for 15-20 minutes for one of them.

the number of live streaming exploits are astounding...it's almost like the gaming community and the state of NYC in the Division are the same. Uncontrolled rioters (forums) & looters (exploiters in game). lol.

Finally got all HE in all gear slots the other night, wondered why I still wasn't reaching the same numbers as my buddies...then I looked again. 3/4 of my gear is lvl 30/30, the blueprinted stuff is 31/30/ Doh. The difference in stats are almost a 100+.

I need to grind out rank 50, one of the sniper rifle BP's from the DZ vendor is pretty sick. W/his kit he was getting 600k crit headshots, 1.2 million with Smart cover up & pulse. 1.2....is there a why to CAPS 1.2? holy crap.

so yeah...just saw a video of a 30 man challenge mission. yup. a glitch to get all your friends and your friends friends into a mission and overwhelm the enemy!

Hit 26 I think last night, but not sure as I was pretty tired. Oof! Hoping to hit 30 today. I got angry at the Dark Zone bullshit yesterday. It got so laggy that I lost 2 purples. Died to lag trying to extract them, and then it wouldn't let me respawn.

The twitch stream got me so excited for the new update!!!

First, it will coincide with the new update for Destiny (April 12) so lol.

Second, loot trading! supply drops in dark zone! daily and weekly assignments! new high end gear and weapons! spectator mode when dead! Incursion mode will have matchmaking! 4 new and distinctively different gear sets that give you new and unique bonuses when worn as a whole set!  OMG

Few things more disheartening than rolling with a 3 man crew in the DZ, getting jacked by a single player (who admittedly was DZ Level 53 to our group of 20s-30s), going back to hunt him down, getting smoked by him again, going back to hunt him down "with a strategy," and getting smoked again, then giving up for the night.

Updates sound good but I've always disliked the "wear these items in combination to get a bonus" thing. I want to wear whatever I want without being penalized.

The twitch stream got me so excited for the new update!!!

First, it will coincide with the new update for Destiny (April 12) so lol.

Second, loot trading! supply drops in dark zone! daily and weekly assignments! new high end gear and weapons! spectator mode when dead! Incursion mode will have matchmaking! 4 new and distinctively different gear sets that give you new and unique bonuses when worn as a whole set! OMG
100%

If you can cancel out a lot of the noise from the vocal community to whines about this game, the future looks bright...I'm stoked too. The set gear looks mighty. Ironically the daily bounties are no different than from Destiny but wrapped in the Division package, i'm am excite.

electronics builds ftw! likely the APC you need to fight who's immune to bullet damage is going to get sticky bombed build to death.

Few things more disheartening than rolling with a 3 man crew in the DZ, getting jacked by a single player (who admittedly was DZ Level 53 to our group of 20s-30s), going back to hunt him down, getting smoked by him again, going back to hunt him down "with a strategy," and getting smoked again, then giving up for the night.
Once you get rank 50, the game changes. the Blue prints from the DZ vendor is like raising your weapons level. Here's what I suggest vs a seemingly impossible foe. EMP grenade <--- no one uses it, it strips buffs off targets and destroys tech.

After only getting 1 HE, pistol and shotgun to drop since 30...I finally decided to try the Liberator because I needed a chance of scene from the Vector/M249 LMG combo.

holy crap...first off, aside from some serious kick out of the box, if you put a RoF clip on it, it jumps to 1000+ rpms. Hilarious. After modding it out, it's much easier to manage and I'm finding it pretty damn effective. It rolled only slightly above avg in the damage stat but gun and tool parts are so readily available that'll be remedied quickly.

Going to try Steady Hands (Talent) and see just how much 25% more stability is on this. Definitely seeing a difference between the SMG at mid to long range and the LMG using the Liberator.

Yeah, I personally think the gold drops are a bad idea.  People will get what they want just by farming specific bosses.  That is completely contradictory to what Massive said they wanted people to be doing.

it just sounds like a quick fix to silence the vocal community.

Getting HE's won't be exciting anymore because it's a guarantee, then ppl will just complain all their HE drops are crappy...and/or will just find and farm more exploitable bosses.

The daily bounties should be interesting for a minute, you figure if it says kill 10 cleaners you could just start up a mission that has cleaners in it, kill 10, then abandon the mission. I'd think killing 10 cleaners in the PVE map might give reason to continue to revisit the PVE map even for a few blocks.

I just want a sawed off shotgun that has the Intense talent on it. 13% to have your 1st bullet in the magazine ignite your target on fire in a 2 round clip sounds good to me...I don't even know if Intense can roll on a sawed off.

This is where it gets really dumb: what about those of us that already killed most of those bosses in the PvE open world?

This is where it gets really dumb: what about those of us that already killed most of those bosses in the PvE open world?
You can get them from doing the story missions in PvE. All named NPCs will drop high ends, at least as far as we know now. So General Assembly should drop a minimum of 3 since there are 3 named bosses in that one.

It looks like the patch is basically trying to gear players who don't want to go to the DZ and have little to no luck on RNG for HE gear.

All the hard mode story missions have at least 1 named boss, so that's a sure fire way to get at least 1 HE drop.

All the challenge missions reward you with a guaranteed HE drop, now that named NPCs also do so that's 2+ per challenge mission...so Lincoln Tunnel & Lexington Event center will be easily farmable for HE gear for anyone who doesn't want to try and DZ it...and w/the right group both those missions can be completed relatively quickly and painlessly.

You can get them from doing the story missions in PvE. All named NPCs will drop high ends, at least as far as we know now. So General Assembly should drop a minimum of 3 since there are 3 named bosses in that one.
Right, but they also said each named character will have their own loot tables I thought?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Right, but they also said each named character will have their own loot tables I thought?

That's a good point, I think. The named bosses from the "overworld" are gone, and so is there potential loot.

Bullet king was one of the bosses who could drop the Caduceus AR...but he wasn't the only named that could drop it, it was just seen dropping from him more often likely due to how much he was farmed.

I'm confident they won't give the PVE wandering bosses who vanish from the world after they're killed exclusive loot tables...that would just generate an ever bigger can of worms to be opened even if the patch will overflow with HE drops.

My take on it is, named bosses for missions will be known to have a higher chance to drop slot specific gear much like challenge mode bosses have a chance to drop specific weapon skins...in addition to other drops. (This includes DZ named for having a reputation for dropping certain slot items)

Good point, but I think the most likely scenario is:

I'm confident they won't give the PVE wandering bosses who vanish from the world after they're killed exclusive loot tables...that would just generate an ever bigger can of worms to be opened even if the patch will overflow with HE drops.
Otherwise, people would be up in arms about this. Given the current number of named NPCs, I do believe there should be enough to cover all the high ends. The potential high ends are: LMGs, SMGs, ARs, MMRs, shotguns, sidearms, weapon mods, chest armor, kneepads, gloves, holster, backpack, mask, gear mods. So 14 potential categories. Assume they assign one category per named NPC (which is likely; I doubt one NPC would always drop the high end M44). There are definitely more than 14 named NPCs right now.

Side note: I've gotten pretty geared in the past week. If anyone wants to play in the DZ or do dailys, feel free to add me. I think I can hold my own for pretty much anything thrown at us.

GT: BeFlatLine

the interactive map upgrade is actually the best upgrade to the game so far...I'm wondering if this is just a strategy to slowly leak out improvement so the public feels the devs are constantly working on the game to improve the user end.

I was shocked to see how available set gear is, you can buy it straight out of the DZ w/DZ credits or from the HE vendor w/PxC's.

It's funny, the novelty hasn't worn off yet but skipping out of looting purples in the DZ because you don't want to take up yellow space seems wrong...and now scrolling through HE gear, since they no longer list the item level like 31/30 it's gear score, so all the 163 gear almost auto gets dismantled where I pause to look at all the 182+ items for a minute.

Was mildly disappointed securing 2 supply crates yielded 4 purples. The bosses dropped better stuff.

Wasn't able to do the incursion due to mismatched play times w/my crew but I apparently had the highest gear score going in at 182...and I hadn't gotten any set gear yet which ranks at 214.

So you all may have heard about a bug that seems to affect mostly XB1 players -- it makes you lose your main character.  Not sure what triggers it, but the developers say they're looking into it.

I was one of the people affected.  Lost 100+ hours.  Had all high-end gear.  I was playing, logged off, then the next time I logged in, my main was gone.  I wasn't even mad, to be honest.  I knew all my gear and guns would need to be replaced with the new stuff anyways.  I just wish I could've kept all my crafting material.  I had so much and could've crafted great stuff from the new blueprints....

That said, I did attempt the incursion prior to that and it was pretty tough doing it with randoms (none of my friends were on yet).  People were too spread out, we were rushed by shotgunners, then it was near impossible to revive someone without going down yourself... 

oh man that's sucks...hopefully they fix that quickly and you get your stuff back.

I hope when I log in tonight that's not the case w/me too...if it happens, I'll probably play Destiny or level up an alt.

Problem was identified and they are restoring characters "soon". Long short: bad server.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1432215-An-update-on-the-Missing-Characters-issue

Oh Jesus. Thank you for bringing this up.

Another important part in case anyone else with this issue is reading:

Please note however that in order to make your character available, we will need to restore the latest uncorrupted save of your entire account, which happened during the server maintenance of April 12. In other words, your character will be back just as you left it on April 12 at 9am CEST | 3am EDT | 12am PDT. You will lose any progress made on this character or any other one from the same account between April 12 and the next maintenance. This only applies to players who have been affected by the missing character issue.
So for anyone affected by this bug: That means STOP playing on your alts right now because all your progress on your entire account will be reset to April 12th. I had leveled up a new character from 29 to 30 and did play a bit yesterday to get better gear, but thank you so much for the link because now I will know to stop playing until they fix it.

Might delve into that Battleborn beta...not quite ready to jump back into Destiny yet...

...or take the opportunity to go rogue at every extraction w/sticky bomb!
Man, that sticky is such a trap.

I was in DZ01 or 02 last night in that under construction kinda building that's toward the east, fighting the heavy boss (Animal) on the top floor, with no idea that anyone else was even in the building, when I BFB stickied him and apparently hit another agent or two who were also wearing him down. At this point, I'd mostly started screwing around in the DZ since becoming 30, and almost exclusively solo, but I've NEVER gone rogue once either on purpose or on accident.

So, I freaked. I hid behind the wall where I was shooting from, then remembered I'm freaking rogue, they'll know I'm here. I ran out of the building, waited a bit for the countdown to stop, and went back in.

Boss was still there, and no sign of the others. I lit him up, and then I think the same guy runs in front of me and I'm rogue AGAIN! At this point, I run down the stairs and wait it out. Go back up, they're still shooting him, and we finish him off.

I immediately throw up my hands in surrender and see if they'll do anything, but they just exit on the other side of the building.

tl;dr Sticky bombs are easy ways to go rogue accidentally, and I'm a wimp who will probably never go rogue intentionally

I figured if your progress is going to get reset anyway...it's a perfect opp to go sticky bomb crazy in the DZ!

When I run support in the DZ I'm using first aid w/boost and seeker mine w/gas. I seem to get my cool downs triggered pretty quickly and we always make a point to restock when we're near a safe house so ammo box isn't really a necessity any more.

Seeker mine/gas is also nice to drop before extraction so if you get ganked, it rolls out towards hostiles...plus I like to say "get'm BB!"

Found a new way to troll in the division. ppl going into challenge missions severely under geared looking for handouts.

not sure how someone lvl 30 has a gear score of 36, but because it took us by surprise and our god sniper and I can easily carry 2 randoms the lexington challenge mission, we let him tag along.

my theory was he got power leveled and just hit 30 w/the gear he took the chopper in from Brooklyn.

Incursion - couldn't beat the incursion last night, the groove wasn't there...one of our guys kept lagging and going down, the other guy had taken a long break and was a bit under geared in comparison. Hopefully tonight, it'll be different now that everyone is familiar w/the routine.

Found a new way to troll in the division. ppl going into challenge missions severely under geared looking for handouts.

not sure how someone lvl 30 has a gear score of 36, but because it took us by surprise and our god sniper and I can easily carry 2 randoms the lexington challenge mission, we let him tag along.
As someone who was leveling up an alt when my main got deleted, I can say that your gear score is actually 0 when you reach level 30. To get it up takes a lot of work and luck. My friend and I replayed (technically, we got carried) the General Assembly mission multiple times (because there are 3 bosses and the last one drops 4 items) to get our gear score up. With the high-end drops, we only got up to the 80s. If they didn't guarantee the high end drops, we probably would've been in the 20s/30s still.

I don't know if that guy was looking for a handout or if he was just testing if he could get through a challenge. Regardless, I don't like the whole gear score being displayed to everyone. I think when you reach level 30, the level number should go away and it just shows your gamertag. Before my main got deleted, I attempted the incursion. If I put on all my highest gear items, I was able to get my gear score up to something like 178. BUT, my purple holster had higher armor, better stats in firearms/stamina/electronics, and better perks than my high end. And my purple weapons had better handling than my high-ends. With those purples equipped, it dropped me to ~168 but I was doing more damage reliably than spraying bullets with my high-ends.

Unlike in Destiny where your light level directly impacted your damage and defense, gear score does not reflect your damage/defense or skills. It's just an indicator of the "quality" of your gear and is a faulty metric for people to judge other people's characters, imo. In Destiny it makes sense to have light level displayed; in The Division, gear score is an inaccurate indicator and shouldn't be shown publicly at all.

same, not personally a fan of gear score since quality of the roll doesn't always translate to highest level of gear. I'm still using a purple lvl 30 sniper because it has balanced on it and some decent perk.

we thought the gear score 36 guy was a glitch at first, but after we beat the mission he score didn't go up and the 2 randoms we had followed up around for a bit I'm guessing hoping we'd do all the dailies. Normally I'd think a 2 HE drops from the daily challenge would instantly replace anything you would be wearing. who knows.

we're don't care about gear score when it comes to dailies, maybe Russian Consulate we'd be wary if they rolled in w/a really low score.

I think you still see your level at 30 because down the road they're going to raise the level cap...and to remove the number would like cause more game breaking bugs.

Finally bought the MP5 bp. While my DPS on paper is much lower than my well rolled vector, after testing it out on challenge/shot gun rushers...this MP5 is definitely going to be my PVE primary. I forget the names of the talents but the 2 that make it shine are:

- 13% more dmg to named & elites

- 13% more dmg to targets 10 m or closer

If I was still using the vector in the same scenario (which I didn't dismantle) I'd probably be reloading mid kill and watching my screen go red vs. shotgunners at point blank range.

Seems like it affects no one else here, but me...but a hotfix is coming in

Anyone playing tonight?  I'd love some help running through the campaign

GT is Biggquis78

Started playing today.
Rough getting used to some of the controls.
If you are having issues, try turning off "movement takes you out of cover" and turn on "press button to stay in cover around corners"
It made a world of difference to me. Soon to be at level 6.

Striker Gear Set = enemy health bar eraser

Got 2 pieces for the weekly incursion on hard. Striker & Sentry...groupie gave me his Striker BP because he had one already.

Bought Sentry knee pads from the BoO. (thinking I was totally going Sentry gear set)

Finch was generous enough to drop my 3rd piece of striker gear (gloves).

Looked at stats, I believe dmg to elites and armor damage is capped at 30%/20%...so I went for the Striker mask BP.

HOLY CRAP!

Shooter talent is ridiculous.

"Yeah but you're never realistically going to get it up to 100%..."

No need, even 20-30% increase is the elite eraser.

Now I need the Sentry chest piece to get the extra 30% headshot damage, but honestly I'll take 2 pieces of tactician for the extra SP. I don't really care at this point, I need more hps & sp now. I actually removed firearms mods to sub them for stamina and electronics to keep my mp5 & BM AK-47 weapon talents active. My m44 has horrible talents after crafting 2 w/the new crafting system...but it's all I have atm.

I feel stuck. I have nothing good and can't survive the DZ. Either killed by NPCs or rogues. Makes it hard to want to play. I've been sticking to the daily assignments and missions. Ain't no way I'm ever going to do the incursion.

Took me a while and I probably got my money's worth if I walk away, but I'm starting to not like this game.

I feel stuck. I have nothing good and can't survive the DZ. Either killed by NPCs or rogues. Makes it hard to want to play. I've been sticking to the daily assignments and missions. Ain't no way I'm ever going to do the incursion.

Took me a while and I probably got my money's worth if I walk away, but I'm starting to not like this game.
Noooooo!

Where are you at now in the game? What do you mean nothing good? Gearwise?

There's a guy who just solo'd the incursion in 30 mins, w/out glitching it...not sure if he got his gear legit as I didn't watch the video in it's entirety yet but we know now it's possible.

My crew generally plays a lot of Rocket League and only gets on to do dailies and a quick dip in the DZ for division tech. I'm sure once the Incursion resets, we'll all be doing it again for the 214-240 drop/reward.

So the most fun I'm getting out of dailies is part retribution for getting shredded by elites prior to getting geared and speed runs on Lincoln Tunnel & Lexington Center. I can do Warren Gate np, I just don't like that mission. It seems to take longer and require more coordination w/randoms which is...random.

Noooooo!

Where are you at now in the game? What do you mean nothing good? Gearwise?
I think I'm 167 gear score, which I know means almost nothing, but I swear the DZ is much harder than when I was in the 0-160 bracket. I've got a decent vector that I crafted, but almost all of the rest of my stuff is crappy. I don't have enough DZ credits or level (I'm maybe 35) to buy stuff that way. Working on getting Phoenix credits, and I can buy one blueprint for the the new gear sets, but I don't know what to go for. I can't do challenge missions outside of the tunnel, which seems to be stuck on a dailies loop right now and that works for me, but it takes me and randoms forever and I don't have that kind of time.

Really don't know what to do from here, and I'm feeling burnt out despite still wanting to play.

You got the Vector BP, next blue print to get is the extended Mag. It makes a big difference.

From what I gather because they added a 160+ DZ, I assumed the mobs would be harder and they do feel like they hit harder...granted I grinded out DZ to hit 40 to get the Navy MP5 & M44 DMR...the only difference is now I can actually contribute with sniping when we need to focus on taking down a boss and the ads aren't advancing...and the difference between the Vector & MP5 is, I am finding I reload less.

Are you on Xbox 1 for Division?

You got the Vector BP, next blue print to get is the extended Mag. It makes a big difference.

Are you on Xbox 1 for Division?
I actually do have the extended mag BP, and it does help. Just unsure what's next.

And yeah, Xbox.

bread's done
Back