Tom Clancy's The Division (Xbox One)

Garbage.

Spin the matchmaking wheel for Warren Gate PP/Challenge.

Get 3 randoms, gear scores are 136/178/186...I say, let's go Voltron Force! Out the gate, the entire team goes down from the initial spawns from the entrance. Eventually we clear them, one guy figures it out and keeps popping first aid on me while I become the tip of the spear.

The encounters are pretty much a lot of rolling and avoiding grenades, dying, getting revived, and getting through it.

Finally get to the part where you need to disable some stuff, not too much problem...get to the part just before we have to hit 3 release valves. We wipe, respawn, one guy immediately leaves group. We get through it w/out him just fine actually...then we get to the 3 release valve encounter, the other two guys drop out. I get to hit 2 valves then get one shot by a sniping shot gun rusher from across the map (slight exaggeration). If I had the other 2 guys we should have had no problem beating it.

Talk about a bottle of lame sauce.

What I did discover is you can fast travel back to base, resupply on medkits, then fast travel back, watch the timer run out, fail and then respawn again at the same check point. So not a total waste.

I didn't know you could fast travel during a mission, so I just learned something. You can also (if you are or become group leader) set the group privacy from friends only to matchmaking, which will allow new players to join the group when others leave.

I was at the start of the next check point where you respawn, I fast traveled back to BoO because I thought I was done...but when I fast traveled back to the mission it said I was still doing it and saw the timer going down until I "catastrophically failed" mission. Then, it respawned me back at the check point again.

I'm guessing you can only do this if you're alone or the leader. This is probably why ppl boot randoms and invite their friends in before end of mission so they get lewt and credit easy.

That's weird.  I thought the game abandoned your mission if you left the play area and no one else was in the mission area.  That happened to us once and we had to start all over.  Weird.

As for the gear scores, yeah, I mentioned earlier how useless I think that stat is.  I did a challenge mission and was excited to see two people with 200GS join.  But they would always die first and they died most often.

Fast forward a few days, and I finally realize why.  It wasn't necessarily that they were bad (though that could've been it), but it may have to do with the way their points were spread across their stats.  I typically run a pretty balanced loadout, so around 2000 each in firearms, stamina, and electronics.  I got some armor pieces that had perks I wanted to try out.  But when I put them on, my firearms jumped and my stamina and electronics both tanked.  I figured it'd still be ok because my health was ~50k (down from the usual ~70k).  So I went to test things out on a daily hard mission.  Holy crap, I kept dying.  I usually steamroll through all the hard missions.  Was so pissed at that loadout.  Grrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
ppl generally with a GS of 200 are rocking 2 sets of er....gear sets and as a result usually have super high DPS and low HPs and triple digit electronics.

I can see how they are downed constantly if they don't out dps their target.

Before the gear sets I had balanced stats.

120k DPS / 65k HPs/ 25K SP, I was running ammo box and smart cover on infinite loop w/a vector & AK-74 AR, 55% DR...about 13% health on kill and some health on crit chance from the vector.

After gear sets it went completely one sided.

204K DPS / 50k HPs/ 14K SP, running First Aid w/boost & gas seeker mine....at 44% DR + 10% DR from the broken Reckless chest piece. Sadly no health on kill stats or vamping w/the new mp5.

I could go higher DPS but I end up deactivating 2 of my wpn talents and w/Shooter, there's really no need to start higher. I "see" that I'm cutting down targets faster w/the new set up.

The difference now is I can melt any single target 1 v 1 that isn't a tank or named boss. My skill cool downs are atrocious now, I rely more on my team to cover me or for support when I initially was the support player. I tend to not fire for a bit to let everyone else get aggro then I rush in and melt 1 target at a time.

If I can get my Stamina and Electronics to 1889 I can rock my better rolled MP5...as all 3 talents it rolled are more useful than the current one I'm using which is all conditional, but man, if you're a shot gun rusher within 10m of me and an elite or named, you're toast. haha.

"Shooter" gear set? Why that one? Everyone knows the Sentry gear set is OP!

- Yes, but so many more ppl are running Sentry Set that I don't need to run it also since the marks don't stack past 3...I'd rather they mark them and I'll clean up.

I'm like in the same boat.  I hate how I have to rely on others now.  I play with friends at times, but I also enjoy the challenge of playing solo so my setup previously was balanced enough to allow me to do that.  I get my skills back when I need them, I have enough health to stay alive, and I do good enough damage.

Now, I notice I do melt enemies faster, but it's at a significant cost, especially when playing solo.  If there are multiple snipers long range, or a shotgunning-sniper in range, I'm pretty much dead on challenge mode.  Tonight I'm going to check if the game lets us re-roll the stats so I can drop my firearms and bring up the other two instead....

Ran Warren Gate PP on Challenge (twice), found out some new tricks w/randoms w/mics. Learned a few things which is great because I hate that mission...also glad I finally got the lime green weapon skin that drops off Keller.

Went back to a more balanced setup, from what I posted up top. Now I'm sitting on:

164k DPS / 64K HPs / 24K SP (idk why all the 4's), 50% DR, 65% when in cover, 10% health on kill, and I can infinitely loop my ammo box/smart cover. All wpn talents across the boards are active and I can finally use my better rolled MP5.

I also caved in and bought Striker knee pads from the BOO, after about 7 of them I finally got something decent.

Now all I need is a Sentry Chest or Striker Chest piece.

--

the Other bug...

So they said they fixed the wpn talent unlimited DPS bug, yeah well they didn't fix the Reckless armor talent bug that uses the same technique to get insane damage. After a mission 1/2 the party went to the DZ and some rogues openly on game chat said, Oh you dint know about dis bug? Blam. 1 shot straight through Survival link...dead. Glad I went to the BoO first to restock.

Well, found my first major glitch. And research has found others are having this problem too.
It is the mission where you need to destroy the napalm tanks.

1st try. Shooting the target to blow up the tanks does nothing. About 1k rounds countless grenades, and nothing. And also there was a "fog line". When you went upstairs above the tanks, there was a sea of fog. Looked like you were swimming and you could not see below it.
So I left and did some other stuff and came back.

2nd try. WOW! Same as 1st try but did not bother to see of there was the fog.
So, left turned off and then came back to it.

3rd try. Ok this is getting ridiculous. Shooting target did nothing, but this time it did eventually crash with a blue screen, then kicked back to game starting screen.

I am glad that MS is doing so well with merging the Xbox and Windows experience, that I now even get the BSOD on my Xbox One. (OK it was only for a second or so, and there was no writing on it. But it was blue, so I am counting it, damnit!)

But don't get me wrong. Aside from this, I am really liking this game.
Might even get my nerve up to try Dark Zone again. (First time was ugly with a group of DZ lvl24s camped at the entrance of the DZ 10-12)

Today is even better!

1st try - shooting targets did nothing.

2nd try - when you were down, there was no getting recover from your teammates and no respawning after so many seconds. All you could do was watch the same thing happen to your teammates and everybody dies. And then you could just watch the enemies set everything on fire and shoot at no one.

3rd try - I fall through the ground. Suddenly fall into a hazy white abyss. Could see an outline of the area above me as I fall out of the play area and get sent back to the base.

OK. Time to go to the Ubisoft "What The F is This S?" forum.

I got the memo late where Brutal & Sentry's (2 piece headshot bonus) is multiplicative and additive w/other sources of headshot damage, i.e. talent, mod/scope, weapon, etc.

Found out in the DZ then confirmed on Reddit....ran into some players who had nothing better to do than to claim dominance to 2 particular areas of the DZ. We're geared too but it wasn't even a fight. Shot straight through Survival link too. Likely DPS glitch.

Someone in my crew did manage to get Sentry gloves looted from a supply drop which he's wearing so it was worth it as a whole, albeit frustrating...because we apparently were the only other players in that DZ so the rogues just kept looking for us.

tl;dr - switching back to my Brutal AK and Sentry 2 piece/Striker 3 piece for everything.

Now that a good number of players are geared and familiar w/the incursion, PUGs are viable again!

Did Falcon Lost last night w/a 3 ppl where I was the random...we beat that @#$% in 37 minutes. Only trouble on wave 8 which is the trouble wave...one guy even had Tactical Link. These guys run nothing but the incursion so they gave me what they didn't need, now I'm working on my Tactician's Authority set. The game is fun again.

I need to try the incursion. I might, MIGHT be able to do alright now.

Been just doing the daily and weekly assignments as well as running DZ and Police Academy, solo, real quick, using mobile cover...

Anyway, bought sentry blueprints and that combined with the yellows I've gathered has made me decent.

I need to try the incursion. I might, MIGHT be able to do alright now.

Been just doing the daily and weekly assignments as well as running DZ and Police Academy, solo, real quick, using mobile cover...

Anyway, bought sentry blueprints and that combined with the yellows I've gathered has made me decent.
lol

good job on the police academy.

the incursion can be done easily w/3 ppl doing all the work and one person just dropping ammo box and first aid...that's what I did, though no one in the group ever said anything because when shot gunners jumped down I melted them quickly and otherwise kept everyone nicely topped off w/health and ammo. the guys I ran with were cool and even said the first time they ran it, they were the ones in the pit being carried. We're going to run it again tonight and hopefully the combined drops will get them holsters they need because they have every backpack and vest they could ever wish for.

holy crap...4 piece Sentry Set + Reckless Vest & Savage Gloves!

Cleared Russian Consulate on challenge for the first time, shotgun rushers in the library was actually pretty painless. the PUG did their best to secure the floor and lay motionless to give false hopes to the LMB while I took the opportunity to exact face melt sequences on them. Only hiccup during the missions was 2 players were adamant about keeping pulse turret and seeker mine which often got hacked and turned on us throughout the skirmish...but we got through it eventually.

Got the sentry mask and pads still, and also have savage gloves and reckless vest. Guess I'm somehow not that far behind. Probably aren't amazing versions of those pieces of equipment since I don't think I've gotten to the point where I'm paying attention to every single stat line.

Amazing is when you have a team that supports each other's play style and gear.

I was running striker set for a while but every group I ran with didn't really allow for it to truly bloom, then I went 2/3, then full Sentry...and holy crap the difference. So long as you spray the head area they no longer seem like bullet sponges.

The reckless vest though cancels itself out because of both bugs currently. 10% extra damage received and 10% protection from elites...which I hope negates each other. My tankier build swaps the vest for the one that gives boosted armor while in cover and my hps jump to about 75k vs. 64k.

Now it's all about carefully weighing the stats so I can keep all the wpn talents active.

Your not far behind at all, I'd actually say you're right where you should be and gaining group fast.

I finally rolled 2 acceptable M44's from the BoO vendor.

1 - increased critical damage, extending sig skill duration on kills during sig skill, 13% more dmg to targets 40m or more away.

2 - when at full health 13% more CHC, pop a skill increase CHC by 8% for 5 sec, the more hurt I am the more damage I do.

It's been rough deciding between the two...if someone is running pulse I go w/the 1st one because I'm near CHC cap...if I'm going solo, I go w/the 2nd one that's all dependent if I'm at full health or near death. Bastards.

Lincoln Tunnel - Daily Challenge (last night)

round 1 - enter mm, get a group of players with an avg GS of 180. They make a B line for the well know short cut...which doesn't really skip the 1st 2 encounters it just groups them together into one big encounter at the entrance to the tunnel. 2 players die before reaching the ladder...myself and random clear the 1st wave then I just leave because this is retarded. Fail

round 2 - create group for mm, group of players with an avg GS of 190. They make a B line for the well known short cut...we all make the ladder then the ads from the 1st 2 encounters catch up, snipe and grenade spam us on the walkway. 2 players die on the top of the toll booth to the guys we could have killed at the start of the mission. Dead players drop out of group. Group disbanded. Fail

round 3 - create group for mm, group of players with an avg GS of 210, spawn in, tear gases the group to glitch infinite healing, says let's go on proximity chat and tells everyone to stay close to skip the 1st 2 encounters. We all make it to the bridge, 1 guy stays on the ground, the other 2 on top of the walkway. Efficient business as usual. Ads come in, they get wrecked. 1st 2 encounters catch up, guy on the group, melts them. The rest of the mission is done in about 10 minutes (not including the 3 minutes it takes for the JTF girl to clear the tunnel). Finch gets focused w/DMR fire, someone crit hit him for @$% tard damage because I hit him with 1 armor bar left then he went from full yellow health to a sliver of health. It was comedy. Success

round 4 - create group for mm, group of players with avg GS of 150 and one guy at 71. I make a B line to the 1st encounter, they follow suit. We clear the 1st 2 encounters w/out any hiccups. Make it to the walkway, one guy is running ammo box, I smile then head down to the ground. We clear the tunnel entrance. The rest is flawless history. gg Success

I did get 1 HE shotgun from one of the challenge runs, it rolled very well wpn talent (faster reload speed, increased CHD, heal on crit...i think) wise but when I tried it out on a hard mission, it felt so clunky, slow, and obsolete compared to my SMG and even AR. I'll keep it when I want to mix it up though on hard missions.

No upgrades unfortunately, didn't even get enough crafting materials to make 1 Stamina mod, extended mag, or DMR. It's kinda sad and funny that now I'm getting blueprints faster than I can craft them.

I've never found shotguns to be all that viable in this game.  As a sidearm, sure.  As a dedicated primary or secondary weapon...eh.  There are so many better and flexible options - smg, dmr, ar, lmg.  All my HE shotguns got deconstructed or sold.

Haven't played much of The Division in the past few days.  Phoenix credits are close to max and I already have a lot of blueprints so earning Phoenix bucks isn't really an incentive now.  They need to give us more ways to spend them.

I had a well rolled shotgun before incursion that took 4 mods? this one only takes 3...and in the DZ while someone has threat and you're really close to the enemy, it worked really well when shots to the face were super effective and I was able to take down elites faster than w/my vector at that range, then I rolled a better vector.

It really takes a certain build to make the shotgun as efficient a killing machine as the avg SMG or AR...and it's really up to the player to make it their thing. The SMG is easy, hold the trigger down, aim at the neck so you hit the head or chest and reload. The shotgun, you need to pull the trigger a few times to get the same end result...and the recoil can be a @#$% sometimes.

I guess it's up to you how you like your butter....melted slowly or pats of butter cut in chunks w/a knife.

W/the Sentry gear set though, the shotgun is showing some promise...still not my everyday gun, same w/the LMG w/sentry. LMG apparently gets an inherent double headshot damage like the sidearm does. So now I can get 100k headshots w/3 stacks of Sentry w/my m249 para.

The main incentive to playing now is gathering materials and PxC's for blueprints I still don't have yet. Both Tactician's BPs, 2 more wpn mods, and I'm curious to try out the Tenebrae...at least after crafting it I won't have to worry about talent rolls cause I know exactly what I'm getting.

Funny....there is a post from hackers complaining about other hackers in the Division.

lol...seriously?

Basically the hackers using aim bot and other stuff that are "free" hack software are complaining that there are too many hackers using "paid" hack software ruining their experience in the DZ.

It was weird, I saw 2 dogs in the Division literally having a @#$%'ing contest. I thought to possibly record video but I don't even know how to do that yet, and I don't have kinect either.

Finally figured out how to collect crashed drone intel... > . >

Got a HE, burst MP5 SMG w/the worst stats imaginable. I like burst fire wpns for pve, but not when all the talents are based around signature skill kills and the talent that improved handling after a kill. It's a burst fire wpn, how much more handling aid do you need? Garbage.

To record video clips or do screenshots on XB1 without a Kinect, just double tap the guide button, then press X or Y (I forget which is video and which is screenshot, but it tells you on the top of the screen after you double tap).

To record video clips or do screenshots on XB1 without a Kinect, just double tap the guide button, then press X or Y (I forget which is video and which is screenshot, but it tells you on the top of the screen after you double tap).
thanks gogomo.

though tbh, it was one of those wtf am I seeing and it took some time to register before thinking to even record it. So random.

Another random event...while hunting for intel across the map, there was an agent file in a parking garage, the only way to exit aside from backtracking was to open the garage door then exiting the parking garage. I had a Walking Dead moment when I heard a sort of a repeated wet thud from outside the metal doors. After opening the garage doors there was a riker smashing a dood's head in the snow w/a rifle.

I ended that immediately.

Quite disturbing.

Amazing the difference between players w/high GS's and knowing exactly what to do in a challenge mission w/randoms.

Ran Lexington Event center last night on challenge w/3 randoms, avg GS of 205...I was the lowest at 196. Everyone knew where to run to, where the spawns would be, they knew to throw CC grenades, they knew the rush the snipers, and cover the steps when Larae popped out.

We ran it 6 times, each time taking 10 minutes give or take a minute. I actually left to go buy stuff since I had finally hit the PxC cap, then the group disbanded even though I mic'd in to say I'd brb.

GS 163, LMG dropped...M60 with Stable, Ferocious, and Brutal. That's a near godroll, I even deconstructed my 183 M249 para because this was so much better and w/set gear, it's actually holding it's own compared to my AK w/those rolls.

GS 183, M90? shotgun...w/Brutal, Sustained, and Self-preserved. O . o ...holy crap. I'm holding on to that for now as well.

Bought and crafted the 2 tactician's set pieces from the BoO, didn't really care the stats since it was to see how the set bonus would be like...I gotta say, it's pretty friggin sweet in a group. The Tactician's buff fills up fast and it doesn't decay like Shooter, I can get my DPS w/the LMG equipped to 230k w/my super buffed pulse and smart cover, 300k w/the MP5.

I did the hard dailies w/the BFB sticky and heal because it was funny.

Good times, good times.

Saw a video of players who patrol the DZ and try to keep griefing activity to a minimum...inspiring, not so much exacting justice but intentionally lowering your GS so you enter the DZ under the 160+ bracket.

So it seems, 4 pieces of Set gear, 2 HEs, 1 primary HE wpn, and 2 crap grey/green weapons/side arm from your low level alt should do the trick.

Then, you should be able to crank out the DPS if you need and more or less roam the DZ solo and farm exp...which is what I really need to do if I'm ever going to rank up. I'm still stuck at 44 because rogue activity is at an all time high lately.

You actually have to have an alt and send your gear that sends you over the gear score limit to the stash and then have them take it out. DZ GS bracket is determined by the highest score you can get to between your equipped, carried, and stashed.

Right on, I remember hearing that...thanks for reminding me.

Of course if they fix the dailies today I may not have the time or energy to do more than just that.

I have mixed feelings about this but it's good news otherwise since high GS is no longer locked behind the challenge mode incursion.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/04/the-division-1-2-patch-new-dark-zone-bracket-high-end-loot-drops-and-bug-fixes-detailed/

204 - 240 gear will be accessible w/out having to go the incursion to get it, however if you can't beat the incursion or you're not rank 75 in the DZ w/a few 204+ blue prints, GS 201 is out of reach for a while. I hope glitch geared players won't trick out themselves further then GS down to revisit the 161+ DZ and go on a griefing spree.

In other news...

Ran Tactician's Authority again last night for the dailies, ironically for Russian Consulate 2 other players were also running tech builds. We have no DPS. I swapped skills when no one could down the tanks and engineers in the lounge room (with the big fish tank) before the library. I like that smart cover doesn't require you to be behind cover for the bonuses, only in cover. I sat crouched down next to the tank shooting him in the face and being healed by 2 different heal boxes and 2 different smart covers. It was funny.

W/all the explosion talents and tact buff I was seeing 400,000 damage over the NPC's heads often. That could be 4 headshot crits w/a high DPS smg but man it was nice to see those numbers. 

joined a pug last night for napalm factory on hard difficulty, some guy actually said "really? a shotgun? seriously?"

well, 1 shot to the face and it's instant 3 stacks of sentry...w/brutal, and both life stealing/healing talents I never came close to dying except at the end encounter w/a few guys w/flamethrowers on me, but that's what first aid and survival link is for! The only way this shotgun could have been better rolled is if one of the heal talents was destructive.

I used to think at the end when they say evacuate the building it was kinda stupid because there was no timer or anything. well, "really? a shotgun? seriously?" guy lingered too long upstairs and we watched the entire building start to go up in flames. I just hit the elevator since there was 2 and got out. Glad to know there's a reason and a penalty if you idle too long.

Was near cap to PxC again w/another lex speed run group, bought the "bugged" small scope from the BoO vendor. It's the one that supposed to default and roll wpn damage but it doesn't, it rolls whatever it wants to. Headshot damage and optimal range for my shotgun? Yes please!

At the end of the day, upgrade to scope and 2 electronic mod upgrades. (like +2 and +9 better than the 2 I'm currently slotted)

We'll see what tonight brings.

Apparently someone on PC beat the incursion on challenge mode, solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4JHD4UyYU

Understandable he's going in using the medkit and ammo glitch (paramedic & police BP for +2 medkits and 75% ammo cap)...plus he's on the PC so not sure what else might have been gone unnoticed...but crazy nonetheless.

I still have to watch the whole thing.

in other news...

I got kicked from doing lexington center last night because I didn't have a mic (or didn't plug it in fast enough during the loading screen) ...lol, GS 199, visual confirmation that I have a mp5, m1a (even though it's not from the DZ blueprint heh heh heh), and sentry set on. So unless this group was serious about immersive RP as agents, was going to try and glitch something, I am shock.

Went to the DZ to do the daily. Got ganked at extraction, guy ran up to me out of cover while I was putting the yellow tube on the hook and just held the trigger down point blank in the side of my head.

Respawned, found him and his buddy. Threw a flash bang and melted him, looted and left.

Went back out, grinded out the daily...went to extract (blues, a yellow, and a green). 2v1 I expected, expect they brought friends...4v1, I'm flattered. burned one down, then I rolled around like ball for a while until they finally took me down. Then they clapped over my body. Really? 4v1 and you're clapping?

Respawned, found the 4. Used the pulse that hides you from their pulses and cancels their bonus vs you. Loaded up explosive rounds, tossed a flash bang. Melted the same guy that killed me the 1st time, clapped. Rolled around, then died to the other 3.

I think I was so pumped at that point I couldn't even hold the controller.

Respawned...lol, they were no where to be found at that point. I guess they had enough.

At the end of the day, I still came out on top DZ XP rank wise, did the daily, and will likely shoot first during extraction anyone who is solo.

At the end of the day, I still came out on top DZ XP rank wise, did the daily, and will likely shoot first during extraction anyone who is solo.
I feel like they need to take a second look at how XP works in the DZ. It went from one extreme (not worth the trouble to go rogue due to huge XP/$ losses if you failed) to going rogue being the best way to earn DZ XP. The only way you don't get shot by randoms now is if they are genuinely nice people or if they are outnumbered/outgunned. That tension and uncertainty in the DZ has been completely removed. If you see someone, you're pretty much assured they will shoot you.

Going rogue in the DZ for XP is more like, discouraging whoever you killed so much they give up and you have the DZ to yourself for longer.

I think I mopped up 3 cells phones, 2 crashed drones, and a missing agent file last night because I wasn't feeling doing lexington center after 3 runs.

I might try and join a pug hard mode incursion group tonight or one for the DZ. I'd like to get to 50 sometime soon.

So the word on the street is Sentry's set bonus will be more in line w/it's original intent as the DMR set and will be balanced or rebalanced, revisited, etc.

The new data mined gear set for the next incursion is call Juggernaut however if you look at what the set bonuses are it hardly seems like a tank set...in terms of having to have a GS of 220 to ride the ride. It's supposed to come w/Stamina as the primary stat, etc etc.

(2) - 20% armor (likely not staking w/the 65% cap not that it should)

(3) - 20% exotic dmg resistance (this is a 3 piece set bonus?)

(4) - 5% health back whenever you kill an enemy.

Err...Nomad gives 20%, so the community is hoping this means any enemy that dies, including ones your group kills because if you'r tanking, you're likely not killing as much.

So the word on the street is Sentry's set bonus will be more in line w/it's original intent as the DMR set and will be balanced or rebalanced, revisited, etc.
What is the original intent? I don't see why this needs to be rebalanced. They should fix the bug where you remain marked if you die before the timer runs out (i.e., some people respawn with the mark still on them), but there's nothing else wrong with this set. I hate when developers mess with stuff that is not broken...

What is the original intent? I don't see why this needs to be rebalanced. They should fix the bug where you remain marked if you die before the timer runs out (i.e., some people respawn with the mark still on them), but there's nothing else wrong with this set. I hate when developers mess with stuff that is not broken...
Hammish mentioned something in the state of the game.

the Sentry gear set was supposed to be the marksmen set, but while ppl are using it w/M1A's for 1.5 million damage+, the majority are just spraying ppl's faces for the full stack then melting them w/their SMG.

There's also no penalty for missing a shot. You don't lose a stack after every second passes even though the debuffs slowly decays and it's a damage buff shared by everyone. 45% dmg increase from all sources, not just bullet damage.

Hammish mentioned something in the state of the game.

Hmmm, well I guess after that fix the best strategy would be to run 3 sentry and 3 striker pieces then. No point in running a full gear set. The only people you can get 3 DMR headshots without missing are the slow moving bosses. Not worth wearing a full sentry gear set just for one dude.

So, bolt action and semi automatic...

That still covers all shotguns, side arms, DMR's, and I assume anything that is burst fire...plus with the proposed change to the Balanced talent which "allows quick scoping" I don't think it'll be too hard a nerf. Ballistic shield users now have another tool.

(Didn't watch the stream yet)

Is the bonus still 45% and to everyone once they are marked?

If so, going in with a shotgun to the face will net you 3 marks then switching to an SMG to clean up doesn't seem bad for a 45% bonus.

I used to use Strikers on slow moving bosses, using an LMG to feed then switching to the SMG to kill any ads that weren't tanks or bosses.

Seeing more and more ppl running tacticians for dailies (distinct dark purple backpack), I'm guessing their prepping for the Sentry rebalance...at least generally ppl that run support are good at ressing you and have better attitudes towards finishing the mission. It's odd being the tip of the spear.

the AR (GS 182) from the BOO is pretty decent and recoil isn't bad at all w/mods, the talents are really good for PVE...though I have yet to notice Meticulous proc on either of the 2 guns I have it on.

Season Pass holder's exclusive weapon skins kinda look like fruit punch vomit and purple stripped vomit...fruit punch vomit doesn't look bad on a large gun, but they both look like the intern just took the air brush tool in Draw Something and texted it to their supervisor.

I've got four of the six gear set blueprints from the BoO. Just missing tactician. Got a sentry backpack, tactician gloves, and striker holster.

DZ level 57, but buying anything worthwhile would take most or all of my DZ credits. So I'm stuck again, but doing way better. This is only after running out of decent things to get in the BoO and finally taking the time to craft some stuff.

Word.

I'm running into a lot more rogue activity in the DZ to the point it's starting to hurt my rank progress, so i've been more or less just collecting intell still and doing dailies or just farming PxCs. Though even that has been much less. Sad, I'm using a blue grip on one of my guns because it's better than all the purples and golds i've found (or on another gun).

You figure once they finally release the incursion, they'll also add some of that gear sets to the BoO vendor. Plus raising the PxC cap to 2k should be good.

I'm also thinking the original 220 GS for the next incursion is for Challenge mode and 150 is for the vanilla one, they only put 220 to cause a stir in their social experiment of a game.

I really hope they revamp named wpns, they ought to have 3 prerolled and 1 random to make them special again...and not just a metallic color job.

I gotta admit...I am excite about this next patch. May 24 is close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-YqSs-2qOw

The semi automatic shotgun, looks @#$%'ing awesome...I hot it shoots hellfire and I get one in my arsenal ASAP.

Some highlights:

- doing the Operation: Clear Skies incursion on hard will always award you 214 drop(s) for beating it...always, double rewards 1/week.

- Clear skies on Challenge, 240 drop...double 1/week.

- While I think it's a great idea, I'm not a fan of the cut rope mechanic... should be interesting to see how it plays out.

- new set gears, a lot of them and it seems to focus on specific wpn types.

- the PVE map looks like it has new wandering named bosses again as dailies/weeklys bounties.

-

Went back to Tactician's set to start to get used to not melting npcs w/Sentry set bonus and the SMG. DPS dropped by 100k, skill power went up to 36k. BFB is doing 236k unbuffed.

- While I think it's a great idea, I'm not a fan of the cut rope mechanic... should be interesting to see how it plays out.
- new set gears, a lot of them and it seems to focus on specific wpn types.

- the PVE map looks like it has new wandering named bosses again as dailies/weeklys bounties..
I don't like the "cut the rope" concept at all.

As for the named bosses and VIP contracts, so far it sounds like they will only show up after you have cleared all the encounters and side missions in a district. So for all the completionists, this is your reward. I still have half the map to clear...lol.

Agreed...I'm not a fan of the Cut Rope, but I have to admit it's a pretty good idea to add to an already toxic environment.

Most of my districts have been cleared, I think I have 3 districts left in the upper right have most part of the map...if the rewards for the high value targets are good, I'll be clearing out all the encounters and side missions. I was saving them for a rainy day or for a nice chunk of easy XP when they raise the level cap one day.

I've been done with the map since... March.

Rope cutting sounds terrible, but it looks like it'll mostly be an after-the-fact thing. Like, the rogue or rogue-to-be has descended upon the extraction, killed everyone, then cuts it and goes. Not cut, get shot at while cutting, chaos.

it'll suck for players who are outnumbered, but at least the action of cutting the rope under observation allows you to prep...when this happens to me, I'll either have my DMR trained on their head after equipping explosive bullets or a good CC grenade ready to drop.

I seriously hope Operation:Clear Skies (I just like saying it) is nothing like Falcon Lost. I'll take waves and waves of Riker's over hiding in a pit trying to avoid APC and turret fire any day.

Pug'd it up w/for some dailies last night.

Got into 2 friends/2 randoms (me being the other random) and did the Russian Consulate on CM. I had no idea there are about 3 areas that you can skip so long as you rush past, survive and trigger the next check point. Dat room w/the big fish tank and the crappy ballistic shield guys and medics before the library? Yeah, you can skip most of that...

The shotgunners and snipers before Hornet at the end? Skippable...I forget the other one but it's earlier in the mission and we didn't do properly and just decided to eat it. Honestly I don't know why, you really need to skip like 3 shotgunners and 2 snipers but okay.

Got a level in the DZ, our group got housed by 2 manhunt rank 99 players. They're really good at PVP apparently and some how managed to separate us so they picked us off 1, then 2, then 34. Now I go into the DZ in a group exclusively w/BFB.

I ran tacticians w/heals and flashbang, quote of the night?

- "who da'fuq has these epic heals?!"

-- "that would be me."

- "holy @#$%, I'm down to 1 bar and boom...my feet is green and I got overshield every time."

-- "I used to play a cleric in another game..."

- "I'm sending you a friend request."

lol.

What's different about last night and opposed to previous nights?

I had fun again. 1.2 can't arrive soon enough.

W/the same group from previous post (black guy telling black jokes and his 2 appalachian american friends), we cleared Clear Skies about 3 times as a 3 man group avg'ing about 12-15 minutes per run. I actually didn't even know what was going on, only that I'm trying to keep the guy in front topped off w/overshield and pulsing every time it refreshes. Tactician ftw.

GS: 222, 222, and me at 201.

Then we do all the weekly HVT missions, the trick was going around getting just enough intel so each one of us could buy a round. Wow...the weekly HVT are not for solo players, especially when there's a timer. If that timer goes out you apparently need to rebuy the HVT mission. It was awesome, took us places on the map you'd normally just cruise through and some places revisited that actually felt like it made sense for them to be at.

"warning, highly armored hostile approaching." Yeah...dat guy...Tactician BFB ftw! Managed to get a Lone Star set after only about 2 hours of playing.

...did Clear Skies once last night w/randoms. Took about 45 minutes because they just weren't as geared but we finally got through it.

GS: 201, 190ish, 180'ish, and me 201.

Now there's almost too much to do for a casual player...so it'll be Clear Skies until CM comes out.

bread's done
Back