Tomodachi Life (Collection) announced for NA/EU with craziest Direct ever

Is there any point to playing the demo if you are buying the game tomorrow? Can you transfer everything to the main game?

Available on eShop now. No demo yet.
Has it been confirmed that demo will be available to download? The wording in the eShop seems to imply that they are limiting the demo to the two codes you receive when buying the game.

Has it been confirmed that demo will be available to download? The wording in the eShop seems to imply that they are limiting the demo to the two codes you receive when buying the game.
I read that there would be a demo from here:

http://nintendonews.com/2014/05/tomodachi-life-demo-confirmed/

"Digital copies of the Tomodachi Life game will include one download code for the Move-In demo on the Nintendo 3DS eShop receipt; the retail copy of the game includes two download codes for the Tomodachi Life: Move-In demo.

If that’s not enough, a Nintendo of America representative has confirmed that a “standard game demo” for Tomodachi Life will be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop after the game officially launches. Specific details about the standard game demo aren’t currently known, but it’s unlikely to include the Panda swag."

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that there would be a demo from here:

http://nintendonews.com/2014/05/tomodachi-life-demo-confirmed/

"Digital copies of the Tomodachi Life game will include one download code for the Move-In demo on the Nintendo 3DS eShop receipt; the retail copy of the game includes two download codes for the Tomodachi Life: Move-In demo.

If that’s not enough, a Nintendo of America representative has confirmed that a “standard game demo” for Tomodachi Life will be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop after the game officially launches. Specific details about the standard game demo aren’t currently known, but it’s unlikely to include the Panda swag."
Thanks for the link. So it looks like if you buy the game at retail, you can use one of the codes for yourself to unlock the extras. I really like this concept, but they should have just made the Move-in demo available for everyone.

Thanks for the link. So it looks like if you buy the game at retail, you can use one of the codes for yourself to unlock the extras. I really like this concept, but they should have just made the Move-in demo available for everyone.
I agree. I think people who are downloading it from the eShop and didn't get the early access demo from Club Nintendo will end up using the demo code for themselves unless they don't want the panda suit.

It looks like that article I linked to was wrong about them only giving one demo code for the digital version though. The eShop description says you'll get two - but it also says they have limited quantities of the move-in demo.

I was hoping to start the demo tonight, but I'll probably use the code when I pick up my pre-order tomorrow.

I got one! :)

UVeaD0Dl.png

I had one from club nintendo, it's really not much. Enough to make you see what the main game will be like but not enough to hold you over until you get it at all. I enjoyed it but the only reason it's worth getting is really just for the panda suits.
I will say this though: despite the fact it's over really quick, & boy is it quick, there is still stuff you can do in it despite the game telling you the demo is over. Just have to keep opening it every now & then.

Excited to go find a copy today. Hopefully GS has some extras. I have a question. Is it possible to auto give people relationships when you set up the game? Just curious.

Looking for a demo code if anybody has one. Should show up under your receipt on the eShop, or will come as an insert with the physical version of the game.

I picked up the game earlier but haven't played it yet. 

If anyone wants to add me, my Friend code is 0516-7435-3399 Id name Bezerker. 

Excited to go find a copy today. Hopefully GS has some extras. I have a question. Is it possible to auto give people relationships when you set up the game? Just curious.
According the demo & quite a few reviews online, no. However, you can push two people together as you playat through the game. The only thing I'm not quite clear on is if they'll stay together despite clashing personalities.

So how's the full game, people? :) Im short on cash thanks to MK8, so I will be waiting for a price drop on this one.

I picked up the game earlier but haven't played it yet. Here are my demo codes for anyone that wants them (let me know when they've been used so I can delete em):

A04JS0152Q6FN7S9

A04JSAYM17GBLCQD

I just took the first one, VERY surprised to see that it hasn't been used yet. Thanks!

I don't have the full game yet. Not sure if I'll get it just yet.

The move-in version only lets you make 3 Miis and solve 5 problems.

There are some things that you don't have to worry about spending too much time on though:

• An island name - it can be changed under options when the town hall is unlocked after you make a second Mii
  • Miis - almost everything about them can be changed (except gender), so if you don't like their voice after a while or their looks or personality, you can change it. You can even change their personal info - names, nicknames, birthdate, etc

I picked up the game earlier but haven't played it yet. Here are my demo codes for anyone that wants them (let me know when they've been used so I can delete em):

A04JS0152Q6FN7S9

A04JSAYM17GBLCQD

Was gonna use the second one but someone used it already

Thanks though :)

I have to wait until Amazon sends mine. (But since free is free, I can wait a little bit). Still, if anyone would like to send me a demo, I wouldn't object. 

Is anyone else having issues activating street and spot pass? The option is greyed out and I cannot turn it on.

I am not at my 12 game limit (there are about 3 or 4 slots left) and I have about 11 or 12 residents. I am just hoping this isn't a glitch.

Full version came in the mail, played for about an hour so far.  It's so silly and amusing.  I've heard it gets repetitive, but it's really fun right now getting started.

The hat shop opened when I started the game (I had the move in version) so now I am wondering if there is a glitch.

The hat shop opened when I started the game (I had the move in version) so now I am wondering if there is a glitch.
Weird. The hat shop requirement for me was to have 2 male and female each.

Just got a spot pass notification for the graduation cap. Only available until 6/15.

Maybe I added my second female as soon as I started the game, either way I cannot access spot pass content. It is kind of frustrating.

I didn't think this game was for little kids but I was watching TV with my kids and they're advertising it on Nick Jr which is a channel for little kids like 2-8 years old.

Do you already have 12 other games activated for StreetPass? There's a limit, so if you already have 12, you'll have to deactivate one.
There's a limit?? Wow. Makes sense after reading that post, but also a little dissapointing. :/
Will have to look up how to keep track of that. I just turn on streetpass for everything when I get the option heh.

There is a glitch that affects the last game activated for Streetpass. It's relatively common but Nintendo hasn't done anything about it.

The way to fix it is deactivate the affected game, then deactivate another game using streetpass that you don't care that much about (I use Swapnote for this). Then activate the affected game, then activate your other. 

Basically, you're trading the bug from one game to another, but it works. 

I am not certain what I did to trigger it, but I all of a sudden I was prompted to turn on the street and spot pass.

I downloaded the full game on Friday and have been enjoying it in small bursts. Its the perfect game to whip out on a  15 minute break, harass some Miis real quick, spy on them, and then log off.

Also, does anyone else love the twice daily Mii News broadcasts? So far mine have been hilarious and quirky (spotting a UFO, invention of a medical device, a Mii starting an omelette import factory business that failed almost immediately). Even if I don't have alot of time to play I now look forward to the Mii News every day.

Bought it. I love it for short bursts, something I can play quick.

It's not as involved as Animal Crossing but the quirkiness and charming nature of the game make it really fun. Perfect handheld game.

This has nothing to do with the game itself but I have a problem with Gamestop and my local Walmart. why does Gamestop have the game 5 dollars more than the MSRP? Plus my local Walmart doesn't have the game at all. Looks like I am going to have to travel out of town for it.

My husband wonders the same thing... we're thinking because they can.

If you find yourself unable to get a copy of TL in your travels, send me a PM, and maybe we can work out a trade. I live within spitting distance of a Walmart, and they had about 3 or 4 copies left after Mr. Sailorneorune bought his.

Had Kmart points to burn, so I picked this up. So fsr, it is weird wild stuff. I have the Joker and Batman miis. Joker wanted to be friends with Batman, but I said dont do it.

Do the demo codes work like Bravely Default, and give Streetpass hits to the main game (or each other)? I finally got my copy from Amazon and unlocked Streetpass in the main game (after seeing my character twerking with Billy Mays, no less).

[quote name="Miranda" post="11835812" timestamp="1402542433"]Is the game worth full price? Or should I wait for a deal (or until I have GCs/credit/rewards to use)?[/quote]

To me, it is because I want to see more games like this coming overseas. so I will get as soon as I can. however if you are sold on the like and feel of the game. I would wait for a price drop because i feel it coming soon. I wish they could have charged 30 for it but it's not a bad price at 35.

I like it. I'm not sure if it has the same staying power Animal Crossing had (I played that religiously for close to 7 months before finally moving on), but I think it was worth full price (Not that I paid that).

That said, I see a price drop by Christmas, probably to be included in the next round of games Nintendo adds to the lower MSRP they did for Animal Crossing and the like. 

Like the poster above, I think if you have interest, buy it. Show Nintendo that quirky Japanese games do have a market here. 

Depending on if the demo does Streetpass, I may have codes to give. I just don't want to waste a code to find out if it doesn't. 

Edit: Also, I might make a page like I did for Disney Magical World where people could put their island address. 

bread's done
Back