Tomodachi Life (Collection) announced for NA/EU with craziest Direct ever

To me, it is because I want to see more games like this coming overseas. so I will get as soon as I can.
Like the poster above, I think if you have interest, buy it. Show Nintendo that quirky Japanese games do have a market here.
Good point. I still wish that more games like Chibi-Robo would get made (I think Skip is mostly the developer for those games, but I still like their games - I even own Giftpia for GC and Captain Rainbow for Wii that never got localized).

Depending on if the demo does Streetpass, I may have codes to give. I just don't want to waste a code to find out if it doesn't.

Edit: Also, I might make a page like I did for Disney Magical World where people could put their island address.
Imports & exports are for the full game only. The demo only unlocks the apartments, food mart, town hall, beach, photo sharing, and a preview of the concert hall (so they only sing part of one song).

I can see my island address when I go to the office, but I don't think it serves a purpose in the move-in version.

I bought this game on day 1, but then again, I'm crazy about Miis. Ninty had me at "hello" with Tomodachi Life.

I'm loving it so far, but it's not much fun late at night or early in the morning, when there's minimal Mii activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that's holding me back from the game is I'm not really sure what Miis I'd want on my island. At first, I thought I'd just make every Mii look alike so that it'd be kind of like playing Orphan Black, but I wouldn't know how I'd want to edit the Miis later on if that gets confusing.

I know I wouldn't want to recreate people I know in real life. While it would be funny to see what they do in game, it'd be weird to see family/friends forming relationships with other family/friends (who are married to other people IRL) or even seeing something like a family-family pair - that'd just be incredibly weird! I tried the English translation of the DS version of the game and had this, "Ew, nooo" reaction when it said my brother and cousin had high compatibility that I ended up editing or deleting those Miis and at that point ended up making random Miis. It also didn't take long for the game to get monotonous that, like nickerous said earlier in the thread, it felt kind of like Nintendogs but with Miis. I know there's a lot more to do in the 3DS version though - there can even be more than just 2 Miis (DS version has a limit of 2) in one apartment at a time.

I also can't really think of celebrity, game/TV/movie/other characters that I'd like to see interacting. I know I can import Miis, but I'm still drawing a blank of who I'd want to see in my game.

I also thought of maybe not doing any celebs/famous characters and just having a CAG island of people who are in threads I read daily, but then the male Miis would completely outnumber the female Miis on the island. I'd also either have to import or create their Miis and ask people for their personalities & birthdays to make it more accurate.

So I'm still not sure what direction I want to go with the Miis I put in the game, so this might not be a good game for me to get at the moment.

The thing that's holding me back from the game is I'm not really sure what Miis I'd want on my island. At first, I thought I'd just make every Mii look alike so that it'd be kind of like playing Orphan Black, but I wouldn't know how I'd want to edit the Miis later on if that gets confusing.

I know I wouldn't want to recreate people I know in real life. While it would be funny to see what they do in game, it'd be weird to see family/friends forming relationships with other family/friends (who are married to other people IRL) or even seeing something like a family-family pair - that'd just be incredibly weird! I tried the English translation of the DS version of the game and had this, "Ew, nooo" reaction when it said my brother and cousin had high compatibility that I ended up editing or deleting those Miis and at that point ended up making random Miis. It also didn't take long for the game to get monotonous that, like nickerous said earlier in the thread, it felt kind of like Nintendogs but with Miis. I know there's a lot more to do in the 3DS version though - there can even be more than just 2 Miis (DS version has a limit of 2) in one apartment at a time.

I also can't really think of celebrity, game/TV/movie/other characters that I'd like to see interacting. I know I can import Miis, but I'm still drawing a blank of who I'd want to see in my game.

I also thought of maybe not doing any celebs/famous characters and just having a CAG island of people who are in threads I read daily, but then the male Miis would completely outnumber the female Miis on the island. I'd also either have to import or create their Miis and ask people for their personalities & birthdays to make it more accurate.

So I'm still not sure what direction I want to go with the Miis I put in the game, so this might not be a good game for me to get at the moment.
This I can understand, as my girlfriend and I don't seem to be compatible according to the game (She picked out her stats for her Mii in the game).

I went with a mix of the officially available and the really out there (Like Satan, Jesus, Bob Ross, Billy Mays, and Worf from ST:TNG).

Yeah, I put me and my wife in the game. She asked me to go steady and I turned her down. She was sad for a couple days. IRL, she thought it was funny, but cant get past the mii voices to play the game.

Well, since the Demo codes are of no real use to me without the ability for Streetpassing my main, looks like I've got 2 up for grabs. PM me if interested, and I will be giving preferential treatment to those already in my 3DS friend list. 

I just have my husband and me (married in the game), and a bunch of real-life and fictional crazy people and characters.  My roster is as follows.  A lot of these female characters I wouldn't really have as first picks for the game but I needed more females and I found decent designs to QR code for them:

Hitler

Samuel L. Jackson

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Miss Choksondik from South Park

Samus official from Nintendo

Bill Trinen official from Nintendo

Christina Aguilera official from Nintendo

Reggie from Nintendo

Michael Jackson

Catherine from Catherine

Iwata official from Nintendo

Miyamoto official from Nintendo

Hiroshi Yamauchi

Kaz Hirai

Terrance and Phillip from South Park

Weird Al

Daria

Couldn't sleep, so I checked my island. Jesus was headbanging. Satan was walking along the beach with Christina. Iwata was rolling around on the floor. Shaun White was dreaming about fish. 

Bob Ross and Debby are a couple now. Shaq married one of my character Miis. No kids yet.

Satan turned down Samus and Christina for dating, and just seems to want to hang out with Jesus.

And nobody wants to date my Mii. I'm not sure what to think about that. 

When you're making mii's it asks if the person is related to you, a spouse, etc, so does it reflect this in game? (I played the demo, haven't bought the game yet)

So will it then know not to potentially hook a brother up with a mom or will it put spouses together eventually?

Second trip to Walmart and they still don't have the game yet. Whats frustrating they have the promo stuff but no game. Short of Black Friday, not buying games from there. Now I gotta wait to go out of town to get it. Ugghh

My IRL husband and I have a kid in the game.  She's at the juvenile stage now, and she looks so much like me, it's creepy, even though the Mii was created by the game.  Will be interesting to see what she looks like as an adult.  Iwata also has a kid in the game with Catherine (from the game of the same name).  It's a girl and she looks just like Iwata.  Unfortunate.  Two kids that were fully grown were the sons of Michael Jackson and Ms. Choksondik from South Park, and Reggie and Daria.  I let them both become travelers since they were both abominations. :lol:  Adolf H and Christina Aguilera just had a baby son today; we'll see how that turns out.

The only married couple I have is Shaq and one of my original character Miis. They have a son that looks mostly like the OC, but with Shaq's coloring. 

Satan has turned down everyone who wanted to date him. Nobody wanted to date Jesus. Billy Mays and Cristina broke up. 

Bob Ross and Debby are a couple, but they're both kids (Debby by her QR code, Bob Ross wanted the potion. Neither wants to be an adult)

Satan still turns everyone down, and prefers to hang with his BFF Chuck Norris. 

My Mii finally hooked up with someone. Nikki. 

Shaun White and Zendaya hooked up. Christina and Billy Mays broke up. 

Wayne Brady keeps suggesting people for Jesus to date. I'm toying with the idea of putting in a demon chick for Jesus. Maybe I'll try making the bald Britney Spears mii I saw and toss her at him. 

I tossed a Zombie mii in for shits and giggles, and Debby immediately became his friend. Given she's dating Bob Ross, maybe she likes'em dead. 

This is fun! :D/

Miles Edgeworth & Franziska von Karma got married and had a son, Adrian, who is traveling.

Edward Elric (FMA) and Sakaki (Azumanga Daioh) got married, took a grow-up potion, and had a daughter, Aria. She is also a StreetPass traveler.

One of my friends married Professor Layton. They have a long life of fighting evil and solving puzzles ahead of them.

The Miis belonging to me and Mr. Sailorneorune got married at OMGcon! A week later, they have a little baby Mii, Daniel. I'm sure he'll be ready to see repeated trips to my husband's 3DS the world in about another week.

I added the Mythbusters, who seem to be best friends but fight constantly. Also added Chuck Norris, who immediately became Satan's friend.

My Mii keeps farting. Seriously. Nikki seems to enjoy it. I wish my real life girlfriend did. 

My Mii and Reggie just got married. Fire Princess tried to propose to Shaq but I messed that up. Jose Otero(IGN) and Marceline are now dating. The kicker was when the Ice King got Samus and Max(Destrutroid) together. 

after long last, I finally got a copy of Tomodachi Life (plus a copy of Nintendogs and Cats). I'm soooo excited now. well let you know when I get home

Arrgghh! I've yet to have a set of Miis successfully date and marry each other. They keep getting into bizarre love triangles which screws everything up too, plus I have fun telling my Miis NO DONT DATE THAT PERSON.

Like this scenario happened the other day on my island:

Dana Scully and Fox Mulder are neighbors and best friends.

Mulder tells me he has feelings Scully, and asks for my approval. YES!

I send him out on the beach to declare his love for her.

Then Dexter Morgan shows up and cockblocks him.

Scully then decides she wants to date Dexter and I tell her NO (because he's a serial killer!). The look on their faces was priceless.

You think that would be the end of it, but noooo...this morning, my Dr. Lector Mii says he's starting to develop feelings for Scully. NOPE NOPE NOPE

My Mii Apartments are filled with some really unhappy Miis.

At least Vin Diesel and Hank Hill are becoming best friends.

Debby Ryan continues to impress me with her necrophiliac ways. Dating Bob Ross, best friend is Billy Mays, and really good friends with a zombie. 

Couldn't sleep so I added a few new people to my island. Judge Judy (it was on TV at the time), Macho Man Randy Savage, Ice Cube, and Daria. I'm considering adding Ice-T and another female to keep it balanced. Maybe Julia Child, since I saw one somewhere and the only other Chef-ish female I saw was Rachael Ray and I can't stand her. 

Jesus and Maleficent are now dating. Satan has taken an interest in Judge Judy. Christina married a Hobo Mii I tossed in. Debby and Bob Ross are now married as well. 

Alton Brown and Jill Valentine are dating. 

I have 2 of those special edition demos of the game that Grant you the LE panda suit in the full version. If anyone wants one for $5 PayPal, let me know.

Most of us gave our codes away.

In Tomodachi Life this morning, Jamie Hyneman and Judge Judy were exercising together, which turned into a farting contest.

Judge Judy won.

My Mii and Reggie just had a baby boy named Owen. He's running around the house now. I'm glad that crying mess is over with. Marceline and Jose are married and planning on having a baby. Samus and Max just got married. Shaq and Fire Princess were married. Sad news, they broke up. A lot of Miis wanted more people in the appartments, so I added some video game characters. I added Mario, Luigi, the Villager, and Kirby. 

My Mii and Reggie just had a baby boy named Owen. He's running around the house now. I'm glad that crying mess is over with. Marceline and Jose are married and planning on having a baby. Samus and Max just got married. Shaq and Fire Princess were married. Sad news, they broke up. A lot of Miis wanted more people in the appartments, so I added some video game characters. I added Mario, Luigi, the Villager, and Kirby.
My husband's name is Owen. And in my game, Hitler asked if he could name his kid Owen. NOPE

This game is really disturbing sometimes.  My husband and I's firstborn in the game (we just had another kid in the game yesterday), who is literally like 2 weeks old at most, grew up, asked for an age-o-matic to become an adult, then got asked out by Gummer from Tremors (and Miyamoto crashed it but she still went with Gummer), they got married, and now they are asking about a baby!  She is like 2 weeks old whyyyy

bread's done
Back