Tomodachi Life (Collection) announced for NA/EU with craziest Direct ever

Jose Otero and Marcheline had a baby girl who grow up within a week. I decided to keep her in the apartments. I'm starting to get bored with the game. I might put it down for a while. 

Got this today from the Best Buy B1G1 deal.

Only 7 Miis on the island so far.

Me

A friend

Manny Pacquiao

Emmett "Doc" Brown from Back to the Future

Leslie Knope from Parks & Rec

A minion from Despicable Me

Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren from Orange is the New Black

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to tell what kind of food an islander might like? A lot of my female characters only like sweets. I try to give them a variety of different things to uncover their All Time Favorites, but it seems so random, and I hate wasting the expensive food!

Got this today from the Best Buy B1G1 deal.
Looks like a lot of people got this game today :D

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and I'm up to 52 islanders! But only two married couples and one child. Don't know what's taking so long, but I'm trying to get more females to move to Yoshi's Island. Something is repelling them :lol:

-

Miranda, I also have a Leslie Knope! Did you find a good Minion? I want one but haven't come across any that I like.

Here are some of my favorites so far: (I didn't make any of these)

Yotsuba_zps49fd921a.png

SheldonCooper_zps67959d9c.png

Layton_zpsff3d1ace.jpg

BobbyHill_zpse1a01ea9.jpg

CookingMama_zpsa500b12a.jpg

Naota_zpsa65b8728.jpg

villager_zpsba973676.png

Daniel Faraday from LOST would have to be my favorite. (found him on a Japanese site but was able to change his stats to english)

DanielFaraday_zpsc0a2ba5d.jpg

The Cromartie characters here are pretty well made:

http://tomodachiqr.tumblr.com/page/17

http://tomodachiqr.tumblr.com/page/18

And this is mine and Sheldon's child, Skylar:

HNI_0021_zps7b8adbe0.jpg

Walter White asking Jessie Pinkman if he wants to be friends... Don't do it!

HNI_0078_zps4ba1975e.jpg

This tumblr page has some really good Tomodachi QR characters with pictures and funny captions. A lot of them even come with outfits and interiors.

http://tomodachiqr.tumblr.com/

Miranda, I also have a Leslie Knope! Did you find a good Minion? I want one but haven't come across any that I like.

Here are some of my favorites so far: (I didn't make any of these)
I just copied a minion from miicharacters.com for now, but I don't think it's a very good one either. At least I'll be able to edit it later on when I do find one I like.

I think I'll add that Layton to my island.

I understand where having your Miis try a variety of (sometimes pricy) foods to find the favorite can be frustrating. Take my Edgeworth, for example. The prosecutors in Ace Attorney are known for their expensive tastes, so I gave him caviar, truffles, sushi... But as it turns out, Edgey adores the $4 grapefruit best of all.

P.S. Saving $ gets easier once your Miis hit level 20. Then they give you coins good for $100 or $200 at the pawn shop. Cha-ching! :)

Aww, Professor Oak tried to ask out Brienne (game of thrones) today. I suggested he meet her at the beach and changed his clothes real nice. But then she didn't even show up! He was devastated :cry:

I understand where having your Miis try a variety of (sometimes pricy) foods to find the favorite can be frustrating. Take my Edgeworth, for example. The prosecutors in Ace Attorney are known for their expensive tastes, so I gave him caviar, truffles, sushi... But as it turns out, Edgey adores the $4 grapefruit best of all.

P.S. Saving $ gets easier once your Miis hit level 20. Then they give you coins good for $100 or $200 at the pawn shop. Cha-ching! :)
Well at least you can save some money there, and grapefruit isn't too filling. A couple of mine enjoy sushi but it's very expensive! Are there any negatives to feeding them their favorite food every day? My brother's mii likes the meat-and-potato stew and the Animal Crossing Villager guy's favorite is the sandwich.

There doesn't seem to be any predicting their favorite foods. Most of my Islanders enjoy buttered crackers, but not saltine crackers. At first I wondered why that line "Worst / Worst Ever" was there because I had never come across a food they hated, but then I got the animation (hilarious!). One of my islanders hated an ice-cream cone and another hates soda :???:

Playing Tomodachi Collection before buying Tomodachi Life really makes me appreciate all of the improvements in this game.

Wall of text, differences/improvements between TC & TL:

TL has a lot more for Miis to do with the newer places like the café, amusement park, park, beach, tower, concert hall, photo studio. TC got pretty boring after seeing one couple getting married because it was pretty much just the same old thing after that and not much interaction between Miis and only being limited to 2 Miis in an apartment at a time. Even divorces & break-ups weren't that interesting - I haven't seen what goes on yet when it happens in TL.

Also having hats is great - Miis could only wear outfits and no headwear.

I thought it was weird how in TC, they'd still have separate apartments even after getting married, so houses for married couples is a great addition - plus babies!

Also, in TC, if you made a Mii happy and they leveled up from it, you didn't get an item for it unless they were past level 23, which gave you a silver or gold coin. I used to make sure if they were close to hitting the next level, I'd make them level up first before giving them what they wanted so that I'd still be able to get something for helping them. So it's nice in TL that it's still possible to get an item from them even after they level up.

StreetPass features in TL are nice - I love getting campers, new import items, and special foods.

Miis only had all-time favorite & one worst ever food in TC, in TL they have two.

More gifts to give after a Mii levels up in TL - in TC, they all got the same 8 items as gifts that they could use (a Wii, DS, cell phone, novel, duster, notebook/laptop, study kit, and CD). It's nice that there's more variety in TL and you can give Miis similar interests that way.

Miis in TL being able to introduce other Miis to each other. Miis trying to cheer up other Miis. Miis being able to travel with other Miis (this was only possible in TC for newlywed couples on their honeymoon).

Giving Miis one of your treasures to help them try to convince another Mii to be their sweetheart - it's another use of treasures than just sellling them.

New items that your Miis can use in TL - swing, sewing machine, mobile, hair color spray, age-o-matic, kid-o-matic, AR camera.

As far as finding their super all-time/all-time favorite foods, I just try to feed one of everything to everybody, no matter how much it costs - money is easy to get just buy doing anything else that'll make them happy. I'll usually buy a lot of whatever's at the market for the day (since it's half off) and feed it to everyone. It really is random what they'll like/dislike, so their super all-time favorite might even be something different from their other favorite foods.

I got lucky and found my Mii's super all-time favorite food (cheese) on the second day of playing, but haven't found any others yet. I did find one worst/worst ever though. Still looking to get more of each!

I'm not sure if it works the same in Tomodachi Life as it did in Tomodachi Collection, but I usually saved their super all-time/all-time favorite foods for when they're depressed since it instantly makes them feel better.

If a Mii is really close to levelling up, I'd pat their head to get them there. It only works once a day per Mii, so I only do it if they're really close and about to do something that might make them depressed.

Got a birthday cake today. :)

I've had other islanders who had birthdays, but you only get cake on your look-alike's birthday.

Since you only get one, I hope it's not eligible to be a super all-time/favorite/worst ever food because that would take a long time to feed a cake to every islander to find out if they like it. Wonder if I could get more cakes if I edit my birthday.

HHSQDwEl.jpg

UNTxq1pl.jpg

G4TsaIIl.jpg
[

ptP69GTl.jpg

Wouldn't that be something, if they hated birthday cake :rofl:  Weird that it lets you decide whether or not to feed it to them. So you could give the cake to someone else?

-

Curiosity got the better of me and I gave an islander the full $10,000 (you have the option of giving them money when they level up). But I just couldn't save because that's a LOT of money to lose all at once!

-

Yoshi's Island now has 4 married couples, but Daisy (my Pug!) and Stephen Colbert's relationship is on the rocks. She loves him but he's not that into her. It doesn't help that my look-alike has been his best friend since day one. How can you not be best friends with the person you're married to?

-

Also,... and I only found this out recently :dunce:

You can spin your islander around. So you know how sometimes you can click on their face and find a piece of food to brush off which raises their meter. You can also find price tags on their clothes if you click on them from behind. It's worth a check if they're close to leveling up.

You can give the birthday cake to anyone else. I haven't tried giving it to anyone yet.

Do they actually go on a trip to space if you give them 10k?

If you tap on their back while they're spun around, they'll also react to it. I tap my Miis every once in a while to see what's happening. Sometimes they have weird things on them - once I picked a crab off of my look-alike (how can you not notice there's a crab on you?!) and a ladybug off of my friend's.

yaBvIvOl.jpg
nLr1dVVl.jpg

You can also swipe up on Miis when they're facing you to make them do sort of fist pump.

EDIT: You can swipe down on their legs to get them to sit down - you can turn them around while they're sitting. If you swipe down on their legs while they're sitting, you can make them lie down. You can rotate them while they're lying down and also make them roll around.

Watching the news, it appears that the islanders are only supposed to be a few inches tall. I saw a really funny story today where a cat was petting their heads :lol:

Do they actually go on a trip to space if you give them 10k?
Yes, it plays out similar to when an islander goes on a trip. He takes two other people with him and you take pictures on different planets. He brings you back a space rock, and he gets to keep the pretty cool space suit.

I wish there was a way to make someone be friends with someone specific. My friend told me to make someone to be her husband in the game and I haven't let either of them be friends with other people yet (she was already my friend since I made her in the demo) since it'll be easier to get them to marry if they're only friends with each other.

So far, neither of them even want to meet the other. Her Mii just hangs out with mine most of the time since they're BFFs. He mostly talks to travelers or does everything by himself. LOL

I stopped making other Miis until those two meet. It's been a week since I made him. It doesn't really help that both of their personalities are easygoing (she's a dreamer and he's a softie - she used to be an outgoing leader until she told me her traits that she wanted) - I think it takes longer for easygoing Miis to want to befriend other Miis. She also doesn't want me to change either of their personalities, even if it's just temporary, just to get them to meet.

EDIT: Finally! They're friends now.

It's been a while since I added new Miis to the island and things were going pretty slow. I was having to break up about three fights a day and every character that confessed ended up getting their hearts broken.

My niece even came over. She's had the game for all of two weeks and has like 4 babies already! So last night I was determined to add more islanders. But as soon as I booted up the game one of my married couples had a baby! :D/ A creepy looking one, but at least it was the second baby born on the island.

I then added about 20 new characters, went to bed, and this morning got another baby! And another couple got married! I guess it really can happen just like that.

Now Yoshi's Island has 5 married couples and 3 babies. I can stop hiding my niece's copy of the game and give it back to her now (kidding) :lol:

I wish there was a way to make someone be friends with someone specific. My friend told me to make someone to be her husband in the game and I haven't let either of them be friends with other people yet (she was already my friend since I made her in the demo) since it'll be easier to get them to marry if they're only friends with each other.
Maybe you could try giving them both the same items so they'll have to hang out together to do the activity.

bread's done
Back