Too Human (X360) Gamestop.com NEW $5.99

[quote name='Vinny']Really? That seems odd. If that were the case, other retailers would have had to send them back as well and there would be some news about it...[/QUOTE]

Um...that's exactly what the news was. They were ordered to destroy the discs they had. I imagine there is a loophole for having to pay to have the discs out there shipped back though which is why we might see a sell out on remaining stock.

By the way, I'm with the people in this thread that say it's an underrated game. I own it after I rented it and beat it. Love the interesting approaches the game took. Especially as a person who dumped hours into Diablo on the playstation and other diablo like games over the years.

[quote name='guyver2077']Wonder if they gut their online new orders[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well. Does anyone have an answer?

I want a sealed copy for collecting purposes.

I don't believe they do as there isn't a need for security. Only way would be if they recalled them all from stores then sold them online. No idea why they would.

[quote name='Christian Harper']I was able to get the last new sealed copy at my local Gamestop for $6 this afternoon. Gonna stick it on the shelf and wait for the money to roll in. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dam there was only used copies at my local Gamestop and all the cases were badly damaged >< might try buying an extra copy new off Gamestop's website later and just keep it packaged as well.

This isn't the first time gamestop has tried to sell me an opened copy as new but this is the first time I've gone into a gamestop and they tried to sell a copy of a game that had a beat up box with stickers all over it and a disc inside that was scratched to hell as "new". What a joke. :bomb:

Well that was a mess. Tried to order on-line last night and it was "unavailable" so I reserved it at two local stores that it showed as in stock. Got the e-mail this afternoon that they were unable to hold it at those stores. Checked on-line again for the hell of it from my phone and I was able to add it to my cart. Ordered, my phone flaked and the website timed out, fought with it for awhile and finally put the order through. Then I get an e-mail that two orders had been placed for the game. Get home, check the orders page to cancel one and it just shows two open orders but nowhere on the page or the details of either order is there any option to cancel. Annoying but fine, I'll just send them an e-mail via the site to cancel one of the orders and figure that should cover me since they say "Allow 2 days for processing" in the first place. 4 hours later I get 2 more e-mails saying both orders have shipped, argh. This wouldn't be that annoying but paying full shipping for both orders just irks the hell out of me. Somehow even when they ship faster than expected it's somehow to the customer disadvantage in this case, yay Gamestop.

Ah well, here's hoping one day I can get more than $10 for one of these copies to recoup my costs. Moral of the story, don't try to order stuff when you get really inconsistent cell service at your desk at work (I'm pretty sure Sprint still gives you unlimited data because they know their network is so terrible you'd never be able to exploit it anyways).

[quote name='swatman27']I just bought six copies online @ Gamestop.com. I guess they're back in stock. Hopefully they will be worth more in the future.[/QUOTE]

Don't take it as an insult, but I'm willing to bet that they won't be worth much of anything any time soon. It's already been brought up, but take a look at ET for the 2600 (if you didn't know, there were a ton of copies that were buried in a landfill somewhere in the desert - might be a little off on the exact details there) and see how much it's worth.

While I wouldn't dare compare Too Human's quality to ET's, it's still a critically panned game and there's plenty of copies lying around that will probably never be destroyed.

So... hope you REALLY like this game!

Too Human wasn't that bad and I enjoy playing through it for the most part. The Valkyrie death sequence gets really old really fast though (no way to skip it).

Bought a copy from my Gamestop. I was told that I couldn't return it but I figured it was new so whatever. When I got home I realized that it was open on the side so I looked in and the manual was gone and the disc was smudged and scratched to hell.

[quote name='Sion']Dam there was only used copies at my local Gamestop and all the cases were badly damaged >< might try buying an extra copy new off Gamestop's website later and just keep it packaged as well.[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and bought a single new copy off Gamestop's site. Not much to lose if it is not worth much in the future plan on keeping it sealed also since I purchased a preowned copy while in store today.

[quote name='swatman27']I just bought six copies online @ Gamestop.com. I guess they're back in stock. Hopefully they will be worth more in the future.[/QUOTE]

Are you gonna buy 6 copies of X-Men Destiny too?

I didn't plan on buying this game as I have no interest in playing it but while I was at Gamestop today on an unrelated matter I saw a new copy for $5.99 and asked them for shits and giggles if they had any sealed copies. They went to their drawer and managed to find seven "new" copies of it in stock; unfortunately, they were all opened up and their boxes were in shitty condition. They were covered in old stickers and had worn, sun-damaged covers. They must have been sitting in that store since the game first came out.

[quote name='biledriver']Um...that's exactly what the news was. They were ordered to destroy the discs they had. I imagine there is a loophole for having to pay to have the discs out there shipped back though which is why we might see a sell out on remaining stock.

[/QUOTE]

SK hasn't issued a statement as to whether they will concede or if they would appeal the case to an appellate court. The news is based on the decision from a district court... that decision isn't enforceable if SK doesn't accept it.

Not calling anyone here a lair, but there would probably be a bigger buzz if they issued an official recall notice (meaning they accepted the decision).

In other news, my copy was delivered to the wrong address. Great, not to wait a month until GS gives me my money back.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I don't believe they do as there isn't a need for security. Only way would be if they recalled them all from stores then sold them online. No idea why they would.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. Gutted copy.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I was wrong. Gutted copy.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Gamestop blows. The only way to get a truly new y-fold copy of a game is to pre-order it. I ordered a copy of this game because I don't really care about the "rarity"...I've just wanted to play it since launch and now I figure I better pick up a cheap copy while they are still easy to find. If you actually want a new copy for a collection then I suggest looking elsewhere.

i've bought plenty of new/sealed games from gamestop b&m. ymmv based on the title and qty in stock. since this game is old as hell its obviously unlikely (though not impossible) that they'll have new/sealed copies. and for the record every new game i've ever bought from the gs website has come new/sealed.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Yep. Gamestop blows. The only way to get a truly new y-fold copy of a game is to pre-order it. I ordered a copy of this game because I don't really care about the "rarity"...I've just wanted to play it since launch and now I figure I better pick up a cheap copy while they are still easy to find. If you actually want a new copy for a collection then I suggest looking elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I got my copies in from an online order the other day...they are all shitbox. Two have the plastic wrap removed, but part of the MS seal still on the side; the other two were totally opened 'guts' with a GS 'NEW' sticker slapped on the outside. I imagine they will give me hell at the store, also, when I try to return them, because they don't even have that crappy little circular sticker they put on the guts in-store. These must have been part of one of their Game Days sales or something similar in the past. Seems like almost every copy the company has left is already opened, and, in many cases, already used. What a despicable practice from a shady company. It's not like it's anything new to me, we've probably all had a gutted copy of a game forced on us as a new copy in-store, but I've never gotten crap like this from their website.

dang that sucks. i know stores ship back older games to warehouse in order to make room for newer stock and provide surplus stock for online orders, so unfortunately you guys probably got those.

Honestly, I'm surprised something hasn't been done about this fraudulent business practice. I'm not using hyperbole, that is fraud. Opened games are not new. An illogical person might say "the game is still new because it has not been played" to which I would respond and argue that playing the game should not be the criteria for whether a game is used. These people get their dirty fingerprints all over the disc, scuff them up, sometimes the manuals are gone or missing pages, but the only criteria for a game being used is if it was inserted into a video game system? Asinine logic.

That's like saying a slice of pizza is only fresh if it hasn't been bitten. It could be dropped on the ground, sneezed on, coughed on, but as long as it hasn't been bitten, it is still fresh.

Also, not that eBay is the be all end all, of all etiquette(and I hate eBay with a passion) but if you sell a gutted copy of a game on eBay, you could get banned for selling fake or misrepresenting your item. But Gamestop practices this like it's second nature.

Just got mine from the website and it is in worse condition than most used games I buy from gamestop. I have never received a gutted game from their website. I would be able to deal with it if the disc was in mint condition but it is scratched and scuffed up.

Placing a sticker on something that says new does not make something magically become new.

[quote name='gregnied']Just got mine from the website and it is in worse condition than most used games I buy from gamestop. I have never received a gutted game from their website. I would be able to deal with it if the disc was in mint condition but it is scratched and scuffed up.

Placing a sticker on something that says new does not make something magically become new.[/QUOTE]

I would not only return it, but I would call/write and complain. You paid for what was listed as a new game, and if the game is new it would not be in bad condition. It would be in new condition. Maybe you'll get a gift card out of it.

It is a waste of your time and money and you deserve restitution.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I would not only return it, but I would call/write and complain. You paid for what was listed as a new game, and if the game is new it would not be in bad condition. It would be in new condition. Maybe you'll get a gift card out of it.

It is a waste of your time and money and you deserve restitution.[/QUOTE]

Been waiting for a rep for 15 minutes now. I am going to complain but it is for sure getting returned.

Just got off the phone with a rep and they are sending me out another copy, he said it will be sealed but we will see. They are at least not making me send back this copy.

I'm dealing with the same thing bought 3 obviously opened and don't have the seals, one has no wrapping at all. Lame. Will be complaining\returning. Reminds me why I don't deal with Gamestop. This will be the last time.

Wow hope mine is sealed when it gets here x_x should be here tomorrow hopefully since it is currently located two towns over from where I am.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']This sums it up perfectly to me... An amazing game that I enjoyed far more than I likely should have, and enjoyed far more than many AAA titles. One of the titles that will always come to mind when I think of this generation. Honestly, I have all the achievements in 5 retail games, 4 throw away easy titles and this one because I loved it so much.

Deeply disappointed we will never see a sequel.

Notes About the Game

Learning Curve; Its a steep one, you will die allot in the game till you learn the game... Honestly, the game will likely not click till closer to the 30 hour mark.

Difficulty; Goes along with the above... but worth mentioning by itself. Its not an easy game you will die allot but unlike Dark Souls/Demon's Souls you will not be punished for it. (Outside of watching the Valkyrie come for your soul.)

Ice Forest; This goes along with the above and the above... but its worth mentioning it by itself. The most difficult and longest level in the game. Its also the second level of the game. On my first playthrough with my first character I died once in the Hall of Champions (first level) and somewhere around 33-45 times on the second level. Its honestly what separates the men from the reviewers.

Poisoned/On Fire/Condition Effect; I cannot remember what exactly its called but you'll know it when its happening. Baldur takes damage every few seconds (even when combat is done) learn the pattern and roll when its about to happen. Not only does this lessen the damage done but it also ends the effect quicker.

Canisters; They're more likely to drop health the lower your health is... Meaning if your main goal is survival don't break the canisters open unless you need health.

Bounty; The other thing that comes out of canisters... It quickly becomes worthless in that you'll have far more than you'll need so don't worry so much about it. (aka go for the health. Especially on Ice Forest)

Equipment; Don't worry about looking cool early on... Use what's most effective. Also equipment degrades when you die so repair in in the shop. (Your character will flash red when its completely destroyed and its no longer protecting you.)

Classes; There's 5 of them. Playing the two extremes, Berserker (Melee) and Commando (Range weapons), actually makes you feel like you're playing a different game. I enjoyed the commando the most but this isn't an easy class for solo play at low levels. I recommend the Champion for first timers.

Co-Op; Playing in Co-Op removes all elements of story from the game (minus a few cut scenes which are actually load screens.) so I truly recommend playing the game in single player campaign first.

Story; See the above post, plus note the story is really quite good but it doesn't feel all the lines in for you.. You have to think. You also need to listen to the member of the Wolf Pack as your NPC campaigns often talk story while in the level. (aka there is more to the story than just cut scenes.)

Unstoppable Achievements; You're really unlikely to get them on your first playthrough.. So don't stress it when you die.

I think that covers the notes... Honestly, this game isn't without flaws, most of them in how it handles the levels and its learning curve as there really is no tutorial like you see in modern games (or at least not enough of one), but most of the reviews for this game really got it wrong... This is a fun and rather unique game
.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='grrouchie']This is the 1st game I ever 1000/1000
I absolutely loved it - and got a few friends hooked.

In fact, I still play through and beat this once a year - thought about starting a 2nd gamer-tag to 1000/1000 it again in all honesty[/QUOTE]

Late to the posting party, but gotta show my love for TH. It was a unique yet flawed game, which I always found to be fun. Even with those crazy amounts of death in chapter 2. InmateofArkham did a great job of summarizing.

Like others have said, it's one of the few games I'll remember from this gen. Not a AAA game, but certainly fun and memorable. Think I dropped over 300 hours into it

Another fun game, in that B-movie sorta way, for me was Bulletwitch (oh man those cut scenes:rofl:). Certainly has its problems, but it's a fun ride

[quote name='apolloimburning']Ordered two copies and both came sealed. I guess I should feel lucky?[/QUOTE]

You sure as hell are! I assume 99% of the people that ordered this were specifically ordering them to get sealed copies. Be it to re-sell or collect on the prospect of rarity, a used copy is worth jack, and goes for jack, and even at $5.99 really isn't even a deal. In other words, with all of the other reports of people getting screwed like I did...you should feel VERY lucky! :)

as much as i loath GS this price made me do a store visit. Of course i was presented with the usual nused copy to which i said clearly its not new its been opened to which they replied its just a store copy and hasnt been played then i came back with my usual then why do you have 10 of them. In the end i folded on the $6 nused copy simply because it was as cheap as i could get it. No store near me had a legit used copy, just these mockery's of a new game.

God i hate GS. Some of the slicker ones have sealing machines in the back to reseal these types of games. Broken MS sticker always give it away and the sealing is sloppy.

2 I ordered were sealed and 2 were gutted. Gamestop makes this up for me or I file a credit card chargeback. Let them deal with that shit.

[quote name='mcthatch']2 I ordered were sealed and 2 were gutted. Gamestop makes this up for me or I file a credit card chargeback. Let them deal with that shit.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't abuse a chargeback on something like this... those can really hurt your credit score apparently. I'd just return the two gutted ones.

By the way, this game is not very good. I guess for $6.00 its not that bad.
Of note, this game is also $3.00 USED at Gamestop.

hell of a story behind that game. Wasn't it originally going to be on gamecube? Had hype even then.

Wait wikipedia says "originally planned as a four-disc release for the Sony PlayStation in 1999". Wow.

Easiest thing to do is look for a store on the locator that says "In Stock" instead of Low Stock. "In Stock" means there are at least 2 copies in stock which usually means theres a gut and the rest are sealed.

[quote name='Matt Young']Not only did I get a gutted copy, but the disc had clearly been buffed. fuck you, Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

If the copy is new and not used, why would they need to rebuff it unless it had damage? It is fraud, dude. Return it and complain.

fuck it, I'm in for a $6 new copy.

Was tempted, just for a second, to get an extra one just as a "gaming history" collection thing, but then I thought better of that nonsense. Highly doubt the game will become valuable sealed, it's been way too long of it being out there. If it was actually hard to still find new copies, then maybe, but the fact that sites like gamestop are able to just offload tons of new sealed copies like this means there are tons out there (I would assume). Just seems like too many people will have sealed copies, thus removing the rarity and value.

That said, played the demo years ago and thought the story seemed cool (futuristic viking lore stuff seemed really neat to me).

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If the copy is new and not used, why would they need to rebuff it unless it had damage? It is fraud, dude. Return it and complain.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I am returning it tomorrow. Not that I'll be getting anything other than *hopefully* an actual new copy.

[quote name='Bezerker']Easiest thing to do is look for a store on the locator that says "In Stock" instead of Low Stock. "In Stock" means there are at least 2 copies in stock which usually means theres a gut and the rest are sealed.[/QUOTE]

Or it can just mean that they have an abundance of gutted copies. One store I went to had seven copies, all gutted!

bread's done
Back