Too Human (X360) Gamestop.com NEW $5.99

[quote name='Rozz']Or it can just mean that they have an abundance of gutted copies. One store I went to had seven copies, all gutted![/QUOTE]

I've had this happen with games. Sometimes, with big releases, they'll have multiple display copies... meaning multiple gutted copies.

Well 2 copies (one of which was accidentally ordered), 2 gutted. One of them had the circle tape sealing it with a mildly dinged manual but the disc otherwise in decent shape. The other the case is beat to hell, covered in sticker residue, case wasn't sealed at all, manual beat up and the game was in the case in an envelope with a "new" sticker on it. Unfathomable how that's a new copy. I knew I shouldn't have bothered with gamestop regardless of the price, one of, if not the most consumer unfriendly company in retail.

Do these come from a warehouse, some type of store hq or somewhere else?

I'm curious to why there would be all these gutted copies from what I figure would be a warehouse. I mean, they must have gotten them from somewhere, and I'm curious as to why there would be so many. I've counted at least 20 gutted in this topic so far.

Maybe random Gamestop locations ship their gutted copies back to the warehouse by request or something?

Bought one. If I feel the need to play it I'll open it but if not it can just set there. Figured I'd buy it since it's so cheap after seeing how much the new copies were going for on other sites.

[quote name='Bezerker']Easiest thing to do is look for a store on the locator that says "In Stock" instead of Low Stock. "In Stock" means there are at least 2 copies in stock which usually means theres a gut and the rest are sealed.[/QUOTE]

You would think so. I called a store in my area, showing it as "in stock". I was told they had 4 new sealed copies, plus the one on the floor.

I run down there, ask if they have any new copies of Too Human, only to be asked why I want a new one. After giving my reason, the guy pulls out a sealed copy - one that is obviously a used copy re-shrink wrapped by them. The case didn't even look new. I then ask if that's all they have, as this looks like a used copy to me. He shows me the others and they're exactly the same.

I tell the guy I'm not interested, as they all look like resealed used copies to me, and don't even have security stickers. He then says that it's because it's an "old" title and this was before they started using the security stickers. :rolls eyes: It's mind blowing how GS is continually able to get away with this B.S..

fuck gamestop. Ordered 4 copies and 2 were opened with stickers all over them. Tabs were broken on all 4....truly shitty service. This is a fucking major company and they do a shittier job packing their merchandise than an 18 year old on eBay.....

The customer service is terrible after going back and forth with them getting simple rude and to the point messages Im getting a replacement copy sent free of charge. We will see how this goes. The girl never even said sorry. She's prob in a office with other people saying here's another gutted copy complainer.

Anyone here who complained and was promised a sealed copy, please report back when you receive it. I want to see if it is truly factory sealed or just a gutted copy with their cheap shrink wrap.

Mine came in today and was sealed in plastic with the xbox authenticity seal. The plastic wrapping is pretty dirty with light scratches and a small crease on the back which I cannot tell whether it is just wrapping or its the case. The wrapping is torn towards the front left corner and the top which I am disappointed about. All in all I can't complain seeing how unlucky others were. Hope everyone else gets there problems fixed if they received used copies.

I got my 3 sealed copies today. They were all sealed with the security seal and the shrink wrap. The shrink wrap looks pretty dirty and it is teared on the bottom corners. I just want to open one to see if they really were factory sealed. I will try to put up some pics of them later.

Got mine today. Good god I hate Gamestop.

It says "NEW" so I was expecting to receive the game untouched in plastic shrink wrap.
What I got was a case without shrink wrap, the infamous gamestop sticker on the case in the top right that says >>NEW

Play it and then return it. If they say you can't because it has been played, say "No it hasn't, look, it says NEW on the front" since apparently all you need to do is slap a sticker on a case to convert it from used to new. It's like the fountain of youth for video games.

Btw, why destroy all the games? They don't think donating them somewhere would be a better idea?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Play it and then return it. If they say you can't because it has been played, say "No it hasn't, look, it says NEW on the front" since apparently all you need to do is slap a sticker on a case to convert it from used to new. It's like the fountain of youth for video games.

Btw, why destroy all the games? They don't think donating them somewhere would be a better idea?[/QUOTE]

They were ordered to destroy them by a court. (Link: http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/09/silicon-knights-ordered-destroy-too-human/)

Anyways, could I return it to a actual Gamestop location? Cause if not then I'm not going to go through the hassle. It's not like I lost a lot on it. Just disappointed. :(

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, you can return online orders in store[/QUOTE]

You run into a funny situation here. Because they are open they can refuse to take them claiming they aren't new. Funny how they pull this crap. I had to ship mine back to Gamestop with a label they provided me.

I just emailed them. I hope they will cover the return shipping fee, since they are the one who sell me an used condition game as a new copy.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Play it and then return it. If they say you can't because it has been played, say "No it hasn't, look, it says NEW on the front" since apparently all you need to do is slap a sticker on a case to convert it from used to new. It's like the fountain of youth for video games.
[/QUOTE]

I love this idea, but I thought GS always put a clear, circular seal over the case when they sold opened items as "new". So if the seal is broken they know it's probably been played? But Komentra didn't mention his having this.

[quote name='morrodox']I love this idea, but I thought GS always put a clear, circular seal over the case when they sold opened items as "new". So if the seal is broken they know it's probably been played? But Komentra didn't mention his having this.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if all places use the same kind of stickers. But I got a game with a seal once and it was so pointless. You coukd take it off carefully and put it back and no one would know. The whole thing is ridiculous from GS.

[quote name='morrodox']I love this idea, but I thought GS always put a clear, circular seal over the case when they sold opened items as "new". So if the seal is broken they know it's probably been played? But Komentra didn't mention his having this.[/QUOTE]

On the two copies I ordered (just wanted to play it but the order accidentally processed twice and they wouldn't cancel it in time, so I figured worst case I hope to sell a sealed copy for $10 down the road), I had one with that circular sticker and one without. The one without was in horrible condition too, probably just end up giving it away to a friend. Not worth the hassle when I can't get shipping back on it and shipping was like 40% of the overall cost.

I'm afraid to order any older "new" games from Gamestop because of this. They are the only retailer I know of that does this crap.

It's like taking a new car, spilling coffee all over the interior, a light pole falling on it and smashing the window, and then selling it as new. The customer goes "This car is a mess, this is not a new car" and the car dealer says "Yes it is, it's never been driven."

[quote name='Guerrilla']It was actually $6 prior to the ruling, but if you want a cheap copy for the lulz before Too Human joins E.T. and Jimmy Hoffa, go for it.[/QUOTE]

Your comment made me lulz :applause:

i thought silicon knights had to recall all new copies of the game and destroy them? I feel like i read that somewhere... and it's such a shame that this game wasn't more popular..

bread's done
Back