Toys R Us B&M - 30% off all FULL PRICED video game accessories w/ coupon on 12/04

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Here's the link to the coupon:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/IN120413A_ON_CPN.pdf

Notice it says 12/4 only. Fine print says valid on FULL PRICED accessories.

Edit: In the weekly ad for 12/01 - 12/07 there is another promotions where it states "70% off any Xbox One or PS4 charging station when you buy any Xbox One or PS4 controller". Not sure if the two promotions will stack but would e a very nice deal if they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there even a XBOX One charging station released yet? There is a Energizer one listed on tru.com but it not available for shipping or store pickup anywhere.

I'm in for the DS4 controller but can anybody explain to me what good is it to buy a PS4 charging station?  The way I understand it, your PS4 will charge your DS4 as long as it's in standby mode at a minimum.  If the console is completely turned off, then it won't charge your DS4 controller.  The only point then to use a charging station is if you don't want to use up electricity in standby mode on the console.  Am I right? 

The charging station for the PS3 made sense since you needed to have the console running at full power to charge the controller.  This time around, the PS4 will charge your controller at a powered down rate.  I guess the benefit boils down to cutting down on your electrical consumption?

Does anyone have an idea how Xbox live subscription cards are treated? I'm 0 for 2 on good XBL deals. Hoping they're considered an accessory.

Does anyone know where this coupon came from? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It says 1 coupon per customer, but doesn't mention a limit on items per coupon as far as I can see. I really want to get three items (mario wiimote, luigi wii mote, fit U meter). 

Does Toy's R Us stack coupons? I mean if they do...it would be awesome if this coupon(30%) and the coupon on their front page(20%) stacks. Although it says for one regular priced toy it worked when I checked out with a DS3 with the online code version.

I wonder if the 30% coupon will than stack with the 70% off the charging station promo. Not a bad deal $42.00 for a Xone controller and $9.00 for the energizer charging station.

Does anyone know where this coupon came from? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It says 1 coupon per customer, but doesn't mention a limit on items per coupon as far as I can see. I really want to get three items (mario wiimote, luigi wii mote, fit U meter).
There was an ad in today's newspaper. One side has all the sales for tomorrow, December 4. The other side has all the coupons listed in the OP. Coupons all look the same as the PDF file. Does not state limit, but does say "We reserve the right to limit quantities" at the bottom of the ad.

I want to pick up Mario and Luigi Wii remotes as well and a Mario 3DSXL case I had purchased last week.

I would also like to know if the 30% off coupon stacks with the 20% off cyber week coupon.  It would be a dream if I can get a Dualshock 4 for half off.

Does Toy's R Us stack coupons? I mean if they do...it would be awesome if this coupon(30%) and the coupon on their front page(20%) stacks. Although it says for one regular priced toy it worked when I checked out with a DS3 with the online code version.
It depends on how they assign the coupons in the system. It could work, it could not. No one will really know until someone tries it out tomorrow.

I wonder if the 30% coupon will than stack with the 70% off the charging station promo. Not a bad deal $42.00 for a Xone controller and $9.00 for the energizer charging station.
I'm guessing that's a no. At least right now if you have the controller and charging station in your cart, and then apply the Holiday20 coupon it revokes the 70% off. So keep an eye, because if you want the charging station that 70% off offer actually saves more.

Bobby_D said:
I'm guessing that's a no. At least right now if you have the controller and charging station in your cart, and then apply the Holiday20 coupon it revokes the 70% off. So keep an eye, because if you want the charging station that 70% off offer actually saves more.
TRU's website is always more strict about stacking promos for some reason.

Thanks, will get an Xbox One charge kit even before getting an Xbox One I won. Anyone got pics of that 70%off xbox one chargers ad?

No XB1 controllers with charger in all of Phoenix. At least I should be able to scoop up a play and charge kit for my day one controller. Been looking everywhere for some kind of discount and here it is! Glad I passed on the 5% off at Newegg.

Btw you guys know that 70% off says that the 70% off is just on the charge kit itself when you buy a controller right? Unless there is a glitch with the coupon you would still be paying full price on the controller.

Just checked online and my local store doesn't have a Wii U Pro controller which is the only thing I really wanted. Also I noticed it was on sale for $45 instead of the regular price of $50, does that mean the coupon wouldn't work anyway since it's "On Sale"? If so that's pretty sneaky.

Btw you guys know that 70% off says that the 70% off is just on the charge kit itself when you buy a controller right? Unless there is a glitch with the coupon you would still be paying full price on the controller.
Thanks for clarifying. 70% off charger WHEN you buy a controller, got it.

I would also like to know if the 30% off coupon stacks with the 20% off cyber week coupon. It would be a dream if I can get a Dualshock 4 for half off.
It will not. Store coupons are 1 per item.

The 30% off accessories coupon states that it's not valid with any other "R Us offer"...but the 70% off charger when you buy a controller is a "Hot Deal" offer in their ad...so not sure if they are one in the same or not. When I asked an associate about stacking the 70% off charger with the 30% off controller coupon she wasn't sure if it would work.

So, I bought both tonight and plan to do a return/re-buy tomorrow, since they only had 3 chargers and 8 controllers I didn't want to chance them selling out in case it does combine.

Just checked online and my local store doesn't have a Wii U Pro controller which is the only thing I really wanted. Also I noticed it was on sale for $45 instead of the regular price of $50, does that mean the coupon wouldn't work anyway since it's "On Sale"? If so that's pretty sneaky.
Website says "Hot Price Item! Low prices on hundreds of items, every day! Cannot be combined with additional discounts"

Two scenarios:1. Discount would be reduced from original price. $49.99 - 30%($14.99)= $34.99 or 2. The computer would just deny the coupon.

Just tried at my store they could or would not stack the 30% off coupon and the 70% off charger promo on a xb1 contoller and the energizer charge station.

Also tried with a play and charge kit and it did not work with that either.

30% will stack with AMEX $5 off $25 offer. It's not as awesome as 50% off, but comes out to about $39.50 after tax.

I was able to get the 70% off the charging station as well as the 30% off the controller.  If they scan the controller without the coupon, and then the charger, the charger will be 70% off.  You then have to have a manual override (YMMV) to get the 30% off the controller.  Out the door with controller and charger for $54 and some change.

Just got both a ps4 controller and charging station. At first the coupon didn't work cause of the charger, so I went to CS and had them give me 30% off controller but it took off the 47.65 (refund price). In total out the door 65 and change. Not as much as 54 but I guess it will have to do

That is what I was interested in too, and yes, if it's on sale I don't think the coupon works anyway. :( There is a 3rd party on amazon selling for $39.99 shipped (amazon fulfillment), but I want to pay less than that.

Just got both a ps4 controller and charging station. At first the coupon didn't work cause of the charger, so I went to CS and had them give me 30% off controller but it took off the 47.65 (refund price). In total out the door 65 and change. Not as much as 54 but I guess it will have to do
Lucky you. Took it up to CS and they pointed out the coupon said 30% off regular-priced accessory. Since the "70% off charging station when you buy a controller" makes the controller part of a promotion, the system won't accept the 30% off coupon since it's no longer "regular price".

I'm glad I stumbled upon a K-Mart that was going out of business yesterday. They had 30% off their remaining accessories. Sounds like people are having trouble and did I read it right that the Pro controller is inexplicably on say for $5 off thus excluded?

Can I just print the coupon out or is this in an ad/flyer somewhere?
Yes to both. Stores have some flyers, but print one out.

WIll the coupon work on multiple accesories or just a single item?
Yes works on multiple accessories. I bought two Wii Remote Plus (Mario and Luigi) and a 3DSXL case. All received a discount.

I'm glad I stumbled upon a K-Mart that was going out of business yesterday. They had 30% off their remaining accessories. Sounds like people are having trouble and did I read it right that the Pro controller is inexplicably on say for $5 off thus excluded?
At my Toys R Us it was still priced at $50. Should still work.

Yes to both. Stores have some flyers, but print one out.

Yes works on multiple accessories. I bought two Wii Remote Plus (Mario and Luigi) and a 3DSXL case. All received a discount.

At my Toys R Us it was still priced at $50. Should still work.
Awesome! Thanks for reporting back. Much appreciated.

I also got the Mario/Luigi Wii remotes, plus a PS4 controller and camera.  Might return the PS4 camera though, seems like there's not much use for it at the moment.

Wouldn't override the controller plus charger deal, made me wait 15 minutes ... annoying but got the Xbox one controller by itself, so not a total loss

bread's done
Back