Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was given problems the other day trying to return one. The manager pretty much kicked me out of the store and said I was banned, something to do with me being reported to Loss Prevention about too many returns this year (which makes no sense since I've only made two returns, would not think that would raise flags). If this manager actually went through with the ban, does anyone know what happens to pre-orders I have? I have one for the Batman game coming out, only owe around $10 on it.

Did he give a reason for saying you couldn't return it? Countless people on here (including myself) have already returned them with gift receipts so I'm curious to know his reasoning.

I have returned with a gift receipt, on the same day, 10 mins after I did the trade in at a different store.
Maybe GS is catching on and sent out a letter to all their employees. I still have one FNR4 to return.
I doubt they would say anything if you returned the game to pre-order something else. Don't they get some sort of bonus for taking pre-orders?

Did the gift receipt return today no problems. Bought Bionic Commando and Wheelman no problems. However, I think that's going to be the last one (did 2 total) for me. I have too much credit saved up to get banned.

Guess GS is cranking down on some stores, probably the ones that had a lot of Fight Nights returned. Glad I got onto this deal early, last I did it, the manager was scanning the receipt for a good 10 seconds, before exchanging my game for something else.

NEW IDEA :)

If they not give you Gift Receipt. Pick up 360 or PS3 version. Return/exchange different version of FNR 4 (PS3 or 360) with new Receipt. then return 1 more time for store credit/ Gift Card or Cash :)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I have returned with a gift receipt, on the same day, 10 mins after I did the trade in at a different store.
Maybe GS is catching on and sent out a letter to all their employees. I still have one FNR4 to return.
I doubt they would say anything if you returned the game to pre-order something else. Don't they get some sort of bonus for taking pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Dont know about any bonuses, but they do have quotas they do have to fill.

You can only push these games onto people so much. I'm sick of the asking for pre-orders, then you say no and they're like "What about AC2, Bioshock 2, MW2...." No I'll just take my credit.

Returned mine today (my only one) without any problem.

[quote name='sadunk']You can only push these games onto people so much. I'm sick of the asking for pre-orders, then you say no and they're like "What about AC2, Bioshock 2, MW2...." No I'll just take my credit.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like we go to the same GS. :lol::lol:

I had a fairly easy return of FNR4 using a gift receipt, just went to another gamestop.
But I did have trouble getting FNR4, I went to 4 gamestops with a bioshock and 2 QoS for 360, but none of them took multiple games for the trade in. Ended up going to Target and finding 50 Cent: BOTS to complete the set.
Now I have a $65 gift card so it's all good ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']NEW IDEA :)

If they not give you Gift Receipt. Pick up 360 or PS3 version. Return/exchange different version of FNR 4 (PS3 or 360) with new Receipt. then return 1 more time for store credit/ Gift Card or Cash :)[/QUOTE]
:bouncy:

Anyone expected them not to crackdown on it?
It only takes so long before they catch on to it and realize. "allot of games are being returned here". And of course you always have some people trying to return 4 or 5 copies making it even easier to spot.

It probably means the next one of these aren't going be nearly as generous to us. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Well I know this sounds strange, but what you could also do as try and return fight night at gamestop you dont normally inhibit, just use false information on the return and get a giftcard back. Just tell them you didnt grab your ID because your friends are driving you around.

This wasn't "generous" - gamestop isn't "generous" . This was a fuckup, pure and simple.

And it probably will happen again, it happens pretty frequently.

[quote name='ChuckFuXVI']I had a fairly easy return of FNR4 using a gift receipt, just went to another gamestop.
But I did have trouble getting FNR4, I went to 4 gamestops with a bioshock and 2 QoS for 360, but none of them took multiple games for the trade in. Ended up going to Target and finding 50 Cent: BOTS to complete the set.
Now I have a $65 gift card so it's all good ;)[/QUOTE]

That's a no brainer the GS's here never take mutilples if you had QOS for PS3 and a copy of QOS for 360 that would've been good to go

[quote name='jer7583']This wasn't "generous" - gamestop isn't "generous" . This was a fuckup, pure and simple.

And it probably will happen again, it happens pretty frequently.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean , they even say they are right on their website .

"Check back July 15 – July 17 to benefit from GameStop’s generosity. "

Hahahahah this is like the generous amounts of fluoride in our water or the generous amounts of aspartame in our food .

[quote name='Shinoto']Anyone expected them not to crackdown on it?
It only takes so long before they catch on to it and realize. "allot of games are being returned here". And of course you always have some people trying to return 4 or 5 copies making it even easier to spot.

It probably means the next one of these aren't going be nearly as generous to us. But hopefully I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Generous might not have been the correct word, but you're right. They will potentially make it less convenient to return the games in the future with this promotion. We have already seen this with people abusing the 7 day return policy on used games. If a store sees a lot of people essentially using the policy as a rental service, they start taking down names and address and limiting how many times you can do it.

returned one today no problem with the original receipt. picked up bionic commando and wheelman and received the rest back in cash.

Returned one tonight with original receipt. Only problem was the guy "didn't do it right" so he had to manually type in to give me 59.99 back, instead of adding the 2 or 3 bucks I've gotten in the past on top of that. Oh well, I won't complain.

I still have to return one copy and trade in 3 (maybe 6) toward 1 (or 2) more Fight Nights. We'll see if I can do it.

Returned one today with gift receipt, no problem. Told them i wanted Wheelman, Bionic Commando and HAWX. Asked why I was returning it.
Uh, 3 games > 1 game.
I even got 2 cents back!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Well I know this sounds strange, but what you could also do as try and return fight night at gamestop you dont normally inhibit, just use false information on the return and get a giftcard back. Just tell them you didnt grab your ID because your friends are driving you around.[/QUOTE]

They ask for your phone # in a return and ask you to verify your name. Unless you have a friends number and name using false information right about that one.....

[quote name='Link927']Well, before they offered 2 select games and 19.99, they might go back to that.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling future promotions will be like that too.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Just tell them you didnt grab your ID because your friends are driving you around.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't they just deny you then claiming that they have to have it?

Lol I tried it, not my cup of tea. I hate the controls, but I do see why they would work. I just haven't learned them yet. And besides that, I don't know a damn thing about boxing so all the sim elements(and hell, even the different kind of punches) completely screw me up. I'm not bringing it back to GS though, just trading it on Goozex. Still, 1k points on goozex was worth the 23~ dollars.

sooo, my xbox beat the shit out of the disc with a ring of death around it. i'm going to either try to return it new at two locations, and say it came like that, orrrrrrrrrrrr... trade it in and either bite the refurb fee..

[quote name='japaki']also if I don't have receipt, can they just link the transaction from my edge card? or naw?.. that's how i paid.[/QUOTE]

you want to return a item that you already used as new, they has been all beat up by your 360..................and you want to do it without a recipt:lol::lol:

[quote name='wwe101']you want to return a item that you already used as new, they has been all beat up by your 360..................and you want to do it without a recipt:lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are fucked if you don't have a receipt.

We'll see what promotion is next though. I mean, my guess is that they started this trade 3 deal because not enough people were buying the game for trade 2 + $19.99. They have quotas to make (they just didn't count on all the returns). I was at a GS the other day and the manager was on the phone and one employee said "Well I'm just going to buy all the FNR4 and return them the next day."

Also... they flat out tell you to rent the game! I hear them all the time, if you don't like it or beat the game in a week, you can return it and get a different one. I guess they don't just want you to do it all the time. When you return a game before 7 days, I'm sometimes told I have to keep this one. Almost like B1G1, right?

Well mostly all of the NEW $19.99 titles are on the promotion. Gamestop has to be losing money now because people are trading in those 3 $19.99 new titles and getting FNR4 back which is a $60 game. Gamestop sells used games for $14.99 and you would only get $6 or $7 back if you were to trade in a game that sells for $14.99 used.

So instead of getting $18 or $21 back for trading in those 3 games, you are getting $60 back.

i used this promotion twice. Once to keep the game which is pretty good and the other for the trade in for credit for future games. BB came through for me.

[quote name='japaki']sooo, my xbox beat the shit out of the disc with a ring of death around it. i'm going to either try to return it new at two locations, and say it came like that, orrrrrrrrrrrr... trade it in and either bite the refurb fee..[/QUOTE]

I would just trade it in with 5 other games and get the 40% boost and eat the refurb fee.

I really doubt they will believe that a game came new with a giant ring from you knocking your xbox over while playing the game.

I returned 2 more copies today with receipts to the original stores I got the games at. Had no problems at either stores with the returns. I told both stores I used the trade-in promo to get the games and they were no longer needed. I returned one for a pre-order to COD:MW2 at the closer store and I got a $64.00 gift card at the other one.

My 3 games just came from goozex, deciding if I should dump them for this deal! All for about 1,000 pts not bad at all

I returned 1 copy today. The two employee's asked too many questions. I told them i wants wii version instead (yeah, i know wii version never exist). They gave up & put $64.XX on a gift card :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I returned 1 copy today. The two employee's asked too many questions. I told them i wants wii version instead (yeah, i know wii version never exist). They gave up & put $64.XX on a gift card :)[/QUOTE]

Did they recommend Punch Out?

[quote name='Masterkyo']I returned 1 copy today. The two employee's asked too many questions. I told them i wants wii version instead (yeah, i know wii version never exist). They gave up & put $64.XX on a gift card :)[/QUOTE]

It's pretty YMMV depending on the employee some just scan the receipt and process your return other's make you sign a return receipt and ask for your info

Returned the FNR4 I got a week ago today at another store with my gift receipt. The girl kindly asked if I wanted anything else today and then gave me $63 CASH! when I declined to buy anything.
Went to another store and traded in 3 more games for another copy with gift receipt but got hit with a refurb fee on QoS 360 because it had a huge ring scratched around the disk. Oh well, It was from BBV anyway.
About 20 minutes later found another GS that I didn't even know was there and decided to return the copy I just got. Went flawlessly again except for the guy trying to force feed me pre-orders, but then gave me $63 CASH! again.

So both times I didn't even ask and they gave me cash. Is this a lucky occurrence because it seems like most of you received a gift card?

went to the same GS i went to last week to get my fnr4 and went there today and traded nba 09, QoS, and RB6V2. i straight asked if i could just put the game and just return it and put it towards a preorder for KoFXII. she was like i dont see why not. she was mad cool too. i waited a half hr and came back and was like "oh yea i dont want it anymore" we were laughing and stuff. lol. told she might see me tommorow for one more deal.

I did the deal today but forgot to ask for a gift receipt. Could I just return the game sealed w/ receipt in a few days for another $60 game?

bread's done
Back