Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

can anyone tell me how to change a thread title. i trade off an item that was in the title and now i want to modify it so it no longer contains it.

Would this be the right forum to post a trade deal that offers items that isn't a video game per say but a website for one? I'm looking to pass on my one site that brought me alot of Google adsense, free refferel items and such.

If you do a CAG a favor like pick up a game or a guide for him (because their location doesn't have a particular sale or games) and they pay you, are you supposed to leave feedback and vice versa? Or is feedback strictly for trades and sales?

Hello, I am new here. I have a World of Warcraft account I want to put up for trade, is this allowed? I didn't find any guidelines on it. Thanks.

[quote name='qwikstreet']Would this be the right forum to post a trade deal that offers items that isn't a video game per say but a website for one? I'm looking to pass on my one site that brought me alot of Google adsense, free refferel items and such.[/QUOTE]

This is a domain and site that I own and looking to hand it over for a Wii. Would I allowed to create a thread here for something like this? Or is it just for games, accessories, and DVDs?

[quote name='soparadox']Hello, I am new here. I have a World of Warcraft account I want to put up for trade, is this allowed? I didn't find any guidelines on it. Thanks.[/quote] WoW account sales/trades are prohibited, because they're against the Blizzard ToS.

[quote name='qwikstreet']This is a domain and site that I own and looking to hand it over for a Wii. Would I allowed to create a thread here for something like this? Or is it just for games, accessories, and DVDs?[/quote]
You've been PM'd.

Hello!

I would like to ask, what kind of systems to prevent scamming are in place? I don't exactly know how to trade here.

[quote name='Kendro']If you do a CAG a favor like pick up a game or a guide for him (because their location doesn't have a particular sale or games) and they pay you, are you supposed to leave feedback and vice versa? Or is feedback strictly for trades and sales?[/QUOTE]

Yes, FB may be left in that situation. As long as both sides trade something tangible then FB may be left. In this case you'd be trading a guide or game and they'd be 'trading' cash. I would suggest you make it clear with the other party beforehand that you want this to be considered a CAG sale and have CAG FB left for it. If the sale was set up via a thread in the Trading forum that should be understood.

In the case of a contest or sending somebody something for free, then FB should not be left.

[quote name='bugthisman']Hello!

I would like to ask, what kind of systems to prevent scamming are in place? I don't exactly know how to trade here.[/QUOTE]

The main safeguard we have is CAG feedback. I'd suggest starting with an experienced trader. (Say someone with over 10 FB.) But in the end there are no 100% guarantees that you won't be scammed. Trade at your own risk.

Where is the feedback thing located? is it the iTrader thing? How can I tell if a trader/seller is highly reputated? also, how would I give feedback? sorry for the newb questions, but I'm new and have a 56k connection so I can't surf all the pages for the answers

I have a question that I don't believe I've seen on here. Is it okay to offer a trade if you don't have a list? Because honestly, I don't have that many Haves that justify having a TL. I just want to check before I go running around responding to other users lists. Also, one more pretty dumb question. Can we put up Haves that we might not want to trade to see if we can get a good deal out of it? If that is the case, then I could make a TL but I need to know these answers before I go on. Thanks!

[quote name='swift17']I have a question that I don't believe I've seen on here. Is it okay to offer a trade if you don't have a list? Because honestly, I don't have that many Haves that justify having a TL. I just want to check before I go running around responding to other users lists. Also, one more pretty dumb question. Can we put up Haves that we might not want to trade to see if we can get a good deal out of it? If that is the case, then I could make a TL but I need to know these answers before I go on. Thanks![/quote]
The only restriction is that you can't post your own TL until you've been on CAG for 30 days. As you've been there that long, that's not an issue.

You can put up anything in your TL that you'd like, for any items that are allowed for sale/trade. Haves that you may not want, though might for the right offer happens all the time.

Feel free to respond to other users' TL's as you wish. I do it all the time, as I've only had a couple of TL's in the last few months.

I was just wondering, since newbies are allowed to reply in this forum, can I make trades before the 30 days and just not have a tradelist, or am I completely barred from trading until the 30 days are up?

[quote name='JDTAY']I was just wondering, since newbies are allowed to reply in this forum, can I make trades before the 30 days and just not have a tradelist, or am I completely barred from trading until the 30 days are up?[/quote]
New users are prohibited from making threads/TL's in the Trading Forum until they've been here 30 days. They're allowed to post in existing threads before the 30 day point.

So, you're not barred from making trades in the first 30 days, just from making threads.

So what can we sell/trade in this forum. Besides the restrictions listed on the OP what about other stuff? Non videogame stuff? Like magazines and books?

I wanted to share some trading text that I use with all my trades. It won't do anything for you legally if things go south, but it can prevent 'misunderstandings' prior to your shipping items:

"mayor mccheese and chrisnsally will be entering into a trade. Shipment will be using postal media rate with delivery confirmation. mayor mccheese will ship first due to lower feedback rating, with chrisnsally shipping upon receipt of package. mayor mccheese will ship (1) cartridge-only, working Mario Kart for the DS. Chrisnsally will ship (1) complete, working Final Fantasy IX (Greatest Hits) for the Playstation 1. All versions are US, original versions, and not copies/bootlegs. Feedback will be left upon receipt of items."

I've had a couple folks comment that they really liked the clarity of the text. Use it if you like!

[quote name='moojuice']Say I want to swap a 2000 Wii points for 1600 MP points. Does that count as a coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yea I See it as a legit trade also since they do have a Dollar Value unlike coupons which have a value of 1/100 cent.

So if nobody currently has anything posted that I'm after, how can I ask for what I'm after since I can't put up a TL or topic for 30 days...or am I just SoL for now?

Yes you just have to wait. Chances are if someone doesnt have it listed thry wont have it. Also you could put some haves in your sig like I have it....If that helps any

This is likely OT, but I've been wondering this for a while: why are there forums for games in some systems and not others? There are threads for XBOX 360, PS3 and Wii but not for DS, etc. Is it just that people haven't created one yet? I was curious because it seems like a good system (the one-game system forums) since some people only have... one... game system. But, then again, I'm a newbie!

Hey, I'm just ecstatic to be online with the cool stuff. After spending six years in freaking Shanghai, China where half of the websites in America are blocked, it's good to be in the REAL world again.

Trading's great!

I have a quick question, I have an ipod touch, that i am looking to sell, it is jailbroken, which means you can put apps on it and stuff, Am i aloud to sell this here, or no?

This might be a silly question but how do I get the little "CML" icon under my avatar?

I put my tradelist link into Menu -> Edit Profile -> My Buy/Sell/Trade List but that only puts it in my profile.

Looking for the following recently pennied guides from TRU:

Lego Star Wars(skn 766310)
Pokemon 10th Anniversary Guide (low want)
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Please CML for possible trades.

I have a few questions I wanna ask about trading. First, I want to say I've been made to feel very welcome here at CAG. More than I can say for a few other places ;) My questions

1. I totally understand and have no problem with the waiting for the first 30 days I've been here to pass before making a trade list :) For now just having fun reading through threads and replying to ones where I might be helpful or have something worthwhile to say. When the time comes and my 30 days are up, would it be better for me to have an E-Bay account or something similar before trading? I'm just thinking it might be better to have one to show I want to honestly and fairly trade with people.

2. Can I make a general list of my entire game collection, then what I want to trade for so if something grabs someone's eye that they want and are willing to trade with me for what I'd like I could trade that way and consider their request before making the deal?

Thanks for any help and thanks for making me feel welcome here :)

[quote name='bh7812']I have a few questions I wanna ask about trading. First, I want to say I've been made to feel very welcome here at CAG. More than I can say for a few other places ;) My questions

1. I totally understand and have no problem with the waiting for the first 30 days I've been here to pass before making a trade list :) For now just having fun reading through threads and replying to ones where I might be helpful or have something worthwhile to say. When the time comes and my 30 days are up, would it be better for me to have an E-Bay account or something similar before trading? I'm just thinking it might be better to have one to show I want to honestly and fairly trade with people.

2. Can I make a general list of my entire game collection, then what I want to trade for so if something grabs someone's eye that they want and are willing to trade with me for what I'd like I could trade that way and consider their request before making the deal?

Thanks for any help and thanks for making me feel welcome here :)[/QUOTE]

1. You don't have to set up an eBay account to show you are trust worthy. Most CAGs will trust you but they will expect you to ship first. Most CAGs have their own policy of lower feedback ships first, a few will ship at the same time if your feedback is at a certain point (ex. 10, 20) even if they have a lot more feedback.

Just be expected to ship first for your first few trades. Everyone is new at trading on this site at one point. We just have to trust each other and use precautions.

2. If you put your entire game collection on and are willing to trade anything from it you should rank each game in your willingness to trade them. A lot of CAGs use hot and cold smilies to show how attached or how much they want a game. I personally find these annoying because if someone has a lot of them it can be distracting. Another option is to use asterisk (*) to show this. One * means you are willing to trade easily and ***** means you aren't going to let this go unless it is a great trade.

Hope this answers your questions

^Did a great job of answering my questions, thank you very much! I especially liked your idea of using *'s to show how willing I would be to part with games in my collection. I will definitely try trading here in a few weeks when my first 30 days are up :) It'll take a few weeks to write up a list of my entire collection and rate things on willingness to trade anyway so that'll help pass some time. But thanks again, extremely helpful!

I have some extra copies of a game that I bought through a deal found on these forums and I'd like offer them for sale here--I'm not really interested in trading for anything at present. I'm looking into the cheapest way for a buyer to transfer money, and have a question:

PayPal's fees page at http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside says that it is free to "receive payments funded by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer" for a personal account--does this mean that if the buyer has a PayPal account and adds money to their account, then transfers it to the sellers personal account that no additional fees will be charged to anyone? Or is this "PayPal Balance" and "PayPal Instant Transfer" something completely different?

Edit: Guess this isn't the best location to ask. ^^;

Edit 2: Answered in the Deal / Shopping Discussions forum.

If this is answered elsewhere I apologize, but I can't seem to find it. When I try to update the thread title under advanced options, it only updates the title in the post, but not the thread title itself. How do I change the thread title itself since I have some games pending out that I'd like to take out of the title. Thanks.

[quote name='Ryukahn']If this is answered elsewhere I apologize, but I can't seem to find it. When I try to update the thread title under advanced options, it only updates the title in the post, but not the thread title itself. How do I change the thread title itself since I have some games pending out that I'd like to take out of the title. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Are you editing the title of the original post in the thread or of a later post? You need to edit the original post to have it update the title of the entire thread.

But you can also edit the thread title inline by double clicking beside the thread title on the main forum page. If you click on the actual title it will simply open the thread. This works in most browsers (IE, FF, pretty sure Opera too)

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew some place online to sort lists alphabetically. I used to know of one place where I could type it in and it'd do it, but I forgot. Can anyone help me out?

[quote name='Antic']Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew some place online to sort lists alphabetically. I used to know of one place where I could type it in and it'd do it, but I forgot. Can anyone help me out?[/QUOTE]

If you are looking to alphabetize your trade list you can do what I did. Type it up in Word and there is an alphabetize option in the program.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']If you are looking to alphabetize your trade list you can do what I did. Type it up in Word and there is an alphabetize option in the program.[/quote]

Alright, that works. Thanks :)

Do not bump a thread unless it is off the first page. Posting in a thread to ask or respond to a question is of course fine, but do not carry off topic (i.e. non deal related) conversations in a trade thread.

I don't think some people have ever seen this before.

I have a few questions on trading etiquette:

If I send and use a DC number shouldnt the person trading to me also use a DC number?

If I sent to someone and they said they were going to send a few days ago, and still haven't sent, and they've logged in and not responded to my messages, how should I approach it?

Both parties should use DC regardless, and especially if one does it. It's a peace of mind and certainty for less than a buck. No one gets screwed over and you don't have to worry.

You should probably wait a few more days, message him again, and if nothing, contact a mod immediately (best with proof) and warn him of your concerns and negative feedback approaching.

That's what I would do at least.

But give him some time. Few more days at least.
Hope all works out man!

Thanks buddy. Is it fair of me to leave neutral feedback for someone who doesn't use DC after I shipped first with DC, in many cases I shipped the same day? It just kind of irks me that I dropped the extra 75 cents on a few items only to have them ship a day or two later and not do the same for me. More of a fairness issue than anything else.

If you two agreed on it, then he's at fault for not including the full trade as you planned. (Might need proof of a PM though) You should ask a mod or someone more experienced than me though. Like I said, wait a little bit, maybe he had something really bad come up or what not. But keep an eye on it and it probably would hurt to give a mod the heads up on this, just in case it escalates to a problem, then they'll be aware of it. But don't accuse him or leave anything quite yet, would be my advice. ;]

bread's done
Back