Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

Alright, thanks, I don't think the DC thing is a big issue as long as they sent, I guess I'm just making a bigger deal of it than I need to.

Not really, you're being precautions and that's perfectly fine. Hell, I'd be the same. I like to know any news of stuff coming to me, especially when I did the same for them, and already gave out MY items. Being robbed or scammed is always scary, so just make sure you keep on keeping on man. :p

Make sure you keep messaging him, let a mod know, and just generally keep an eye out for things. Some people are great traders but horrible communicators. :p

I don't think the DC thing is something to do a neutral on, I made my first trade a couple weeks ago with Frosty......packaged and printed the label at work, dropped at the PO, forgot about DC because I was in a rush. He sent a day or two later with DC, I'd hate to have gotten a neutral simply because I forgot about something like that

Right.
It's no rule or anything. But if two people agree on DC specifically, the other person might have right to do what they wish for feedback. I'd say as long as you get it, the person apologizes for not getting DC as said, or in general, and tells you what's up, then it's no harm. But blindly sending it without any information and not doing as 100% agreed on is up in the air for the trader's decision. Best do as the deal said, and keep the PM for proof. Nothing should happen then.

Best to try and talk it out and give it some time before rushing and assuming.

Shit DOES happen. :p

Question: Whats the policy on charging more for paypal fees? Its illegal according to the Paypal ToS and the majority of FS forums out there ban it. I see it stated a lot around here, so is it legal on these forums?

[quote name='rusty']Question: Whats the policy on charging more for paypal fees? Its illegal according to the Paypal ToS and the majority of FS forums out there ban it. I see it stated a lot around here, so is it legal on these forums?[/QUOTE]

oh dont worry they do it secretly on other sites.....people here are basically asking if you have the common courtesy to pay the fees. we are all cheap here but we do try to help each other out

Most of the time the prices here take into consideration the paypal fees.
If someone explicity says you pay extra for Paypal - you still know what you are paying upfront so shouldn't matter as a buyer.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Most of the time the prices here take into consideration the paypal fees.
If someone explicity says you pay extra for Paypal - you still know what you are paying upfront so shouldn't matter as a buyer.[/quote]

Just wanted to say your doing a great job modding the trade forum pooky

-thanks

[quote name='Pookymeister']Most of the time the prices here take into consideration the paypal fees.
If someone explicity says you pay extra for Paypal - you still know what you are paying upfront so shouldn't matter as a buyer.[/quote]

Ok, so i guess you guys are saying you're just more straightforward, whereas on other sites, they just charge more to compensate for not explicitely adding paypal fees...that makes sense

this is a great site, keep up the work mods

Just posting to remind everyone to limit their bumps to two or three times per day as opposed to the six or seven I've been seeing lately. That's a bit excessive.

#8 in the FAQ in the OP.

[quote name='Trakan']Just posting to remind everyone to limit their bumps to once or twice per day as opposed to the six or seven I've been seeing lately. That's a bit excessive.

#8 in the FAQ in the OP.[/QUOTE]

thats because it used to be u had to wait 3 hours, before u changed it that is

[quote name='refusedchaos']thats because it used to be u had to wait 3 hours, before u changed it that is[/quote]

Right. Some people took it too far though. I don't think Casey meant for people to bump their tradelists 8 times per day. The trade board doesn't even move that fast. It's not like if you don't bump it every hour it gets pushed to page 10. A few times a day is really all that's needed.

I'm all for limiting bumps... I see a certain few trade threads way too often. Can't you (or Pooky, or somebody) just PM them and give them a friendly reminder?

[quote name='Vinny']I'm all for limiting bumps... I see a certain few trade threads way too often. Can't you (or Pooky, or somebody) just PM them and give them a friendly reminder?[/quote]

I've been posting in threads lately, but I can do it in PM, yes.

Just making it clear to everyone by bumping this thread.

[quote name='Trakan']Right. Some people took it too far though. I don't think Casey meant for people to bump their tradelists 8 times per day. The trade board doesn't even move that fast. It's not like if you don't bump it every hour it gets pushed to page 10. A couple times a day is really all that's needed.[/quote]

Whoops! >_>

Since you're forcing us to limit bumps (and I'm saying this jokingly), that actually kinda helps me by not visiting this site every hour. The unfortunate part for me is I rarely get asked questions on my topic but in PMs instead. Free bumps are hard to come by for me.

Question on freebies: What should I leave as feedback if I'm giving away a free item? Is it listed as a trade or seller/buyer (since they'll pay shipping & bubble mailer)?

[quote name='Hostile']
Question on freebies: What should I leave as feedback if I'm giving away a free item? Is it listed as a trade or seller/buyer (since they'll pay shipping & bubble mailer)?[/quote]

If they are paying for the shipping and packing, treat it as a sale.

[quote name='Hostile']Does the search button look into things marked as spoilers? I would like to keep a list of all completed trades.[/quote]

Yes it does.

Hmm just wondering is stating that you made an update considered a bump? An update being that you either added or removed things.

[quote name='ProtonX']Hmm just wondering is stating that you made an update considered a bump? An update being that you either added or removed things.[/QUOTE]

I personally consider and Update post to be a bump as well. I usually will do my updating when I need to bump so it pretty much goes hand in hand.

[quote name='Hostile']Does the search button look into things marked as spoilers? I would like to keep a list of all completed trades.[/quote]

Yes it does.

Hmm just wondering is stating that you made an update considered a bump? An update being that you either added or removed things.

[quote name='ProtonX']Hmm just wondering is stating that you made an update considered a bump? An update being that you either added or removed things.[/QUOTE]

I personally consider and Update post to be a bump as well. I usually will do my updating when I need to bump so it pretty much goes hand in hand.

[quote name='ProtonX']Hmm just wondering is stating that you made an update considered a bump? An update being that you either added or removed things.[/quote]

It should be considering it does the same thing as a bump. - Moves your TL up to the top.
Just edit your last bump to include what you updated.

[quote name='dinobot']3 bumps a day now? darn. what happened to 3 hour rule~~~ =([/quote]

as if many fools do not disobey this rule regardless...

in the past week its safe to say i have visited the trading forum with regular frequency and noticed the same lists on the front page many MANY times above the limit

hopefully if and when cag 2.0 and the infraction system gets here this will be receive the attention it deserves and better regulated

I was wondering if we are allowed to list PSP's with custom firmware on them. I don't want to break the rules, but I dunno if that counts as modded or not.

I never used mine for piracy, but not being able to rip games to the memory stick for wildly improved loading and run at 333mhz would've made the machine unusable to me.

[quote name='Meringue']I was wondering if we are allowed to list PSP's with custom firmware on them. I don't want to break the rules, but I dunno if that counts as modded or not.

I never used mine for piracy, but not being able to rip games to the memory stick for wildly improved loading and run at 333mhz would've made the machine unusable to me.[/quote]

Nope, that is considered modded.

[quote name='Meringue']I was wondering if we are allowed to list PSP's with custom firmware on them. I don't want to break the rules, but I dunno if that counts as modded or not.

I never used mine for piracy, but not being able to rip games to the memory stick for wildly improved loading and run at 333mhz would've made the machine unusable to me.[/quote]Feel free to flash it back to official Sony FW, and you could sell it. If it had modded FW, then it's off-limits.

Thanks Pooky. That fucking Homersinpson211 did redeem those points I sent him and never sent me my half back in return. Hes avoiding me and gave me some bullshit over Live how I have the wrong person.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hmmm. Not seeing an easy way to do it right now.

You can go to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/itrader.php?u=10725

Where you can switch out 10725 with the user's id. you can get the ID from looking at their profile and the Id in the URL there.[/QUOTE]I haven't read about it on CAG yet, but was curious, there's no link for seeing who recently traded, top CAG traders, and worst CAG traders is there?

I accidently sent two similar trading feedback's (for two different/separate transactions) to one CAGer here.

Is there any way I can have one removed and then submit another more accurate feedback (both were overall positive)?

You can go back and edit one of them if you need to. Go to the person's iTrader page and you should see your feedback. There are 3 symbols next to your feedback on the right. The middle one should be edit.

[quote name='earnolmartin']Um, can I please start a new thread in this forum? I'm new to CheapAssGamer, but I've been posting on Anandtech with the same user name for years.

My heat:

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=58543

Let me post, please! I can't wait 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Rules are rules unfortunately. 30 days will be over before you know it. You can still trade with people, you just can't make a list.

Is there anyway we can crack down on poorly described feedback? I've been noticing a good amount of feedback that was simple feedback along the lines of "Great trade, thanks" and "Quick transaction". The rules say that we should leave details of what was traded and how it went.

bread's done
Back