Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='dotCody']Thank you for your help, twztid. Yes, the guy is making it a condition even though I told him that I wouldn't fall for it and directed him to the PayPal Gifts and Paypal payers paying seller fees thread. He then replied ignoring what I had sent earlier and continued to act like a complete jackass and still attempting to avoid his seller fees. I already went ahead and pm'd one of the mods earlier this morning, just patiently waiting on them to log in, investigate and hopefully ban that dickhead from trading. Oh I have another question I hope you can answer for me, twtid: where do I go to inform PayPal that someone is breaking their user agreement? I looked all over PayPal this morning and couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]
I don't have a phone, so this may or may not be possible for you to do, but if you DO have a phone, call their customer service (402) 935-7733. It sucks that it's long distance i think, but I honestly have no idea, beyond here. The mod should be able to help, as I know this can't be the 1st time they've dealt with this (since you already contacted them anyway). Best of luck, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to start something but I can guarantee that the majority of transactions (guesstimate of at least 70%) here involving PayPal are sent as personal payments (gift is the most common option; there is also "other" and other choices too).

Is there an official rule regarding who sends first during a trade when paypal is involved (example: I have DLC code for sale, someone with higher feedback want to buy it using paypal)?

I know it's lower sends first for a trade, but last time I checked it was cash sends first regardless, or at least that was generally accepted as a rule.

[quote name='mguiddy']Is there an official rule regarding who sends first during a trade when paypal is involved (example: I have DLC code for sale, someone with higher feedback want to buy it using paypal)?

I know it's lower sends first for a trade, but last time I checked it was cash sends first regardless, or at least that was generally accepted as a rule.[/QUOTE]
Checked where? As far as every trade I've ever done, it's been lower sends 1st under any circumstances (even when I was lower, even other trader using paypal). It's really up to each individual, though, but I don't see why 'lower feedback goes 1st' changes when it's money, as trades go bad just as often.

[quote name='twztid13']Checked where? As far as every trade I've ever done, it's been lower sends 1st under any circumstances (even when I was lower, even other trader using paypal). It's really up to each individual, though, but I don't see why 'lower feedback goes 1st' changes when it's money, as trades go bad just as often.[/QUOTE]
Here when I first started trading.

I don't know why it was that way either, I just know it was the generally accepted norm when I started trading on here a few years ago. Haven't really trade in a while though, so I didn't know if the "rule" changed.

I didn't see this in the rules as a no-no but figured i would ask before attempting it... is it legal to sell/trade an xbox 360 account on here?

[quote name='dotCody']Is this still in effect? Some asshole on here is demanding that I pay his seller fees or PayPal Gift him in order to buy a DLC code off of him. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Move on?

Quick question: when it says no CD Keys, does that include Steam keys as well? (For example, I bought an indie bundle but I already had one of the games)

Question.

I want to sell many older PC games I no longer have space for, but, I really can't afford to send first. Mostly because these are really older games and weigh a lot.

I know I have 1 feedback, but I'm still allowed to ask for the money upfront, right? I'm not here to scam people, I'd rather just sell these things than just throw them away. :(

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Question.

I want to sell many older PC games I no longer have space for, but, I really can't afford to send first. Mostly because these are really older games and weigh a lot.

I know I have 1 feedback, but I'm still allowed to ask for the money upfront, right? I'm not here to scam people, I'd rather just sell these things than just throw them away. :([/QUOTE]

Ya, you can ask for money first, but there probably wont be many people who'd want to trade with you. I'd try buying/trading with some highest feedback people to increase your iTrader rating.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Question.

I know I have 1 feedback, but I'm still allowed to ask for the money upfront, right? I'm not here to scam people, I'd rather just sell these things than just throw them away. :([/QUOTE]
It's your tradelist. You can do what you want as long as you don't break CAG's rules (which this does not, if that's what you were asking). Some people choose not to send until they recieve the cash (when they are selling), regardless of feedback. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Most here abide by the "lowest goes first," creed, so you may have trouble finding buyers, as sasukekun said.

[quote name='twztid13']It's your tradelist. You can do what you want as long as you don't break CAG's rules (which this does not, if that's what you were asking). Some people choose not to send until they recieve the cash (when they are selling), regardless of feedback. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Most here abide by the "lowest goes first," creed, so you may have trouble finding buyers, as sasukekun said.[/QUOTE]
If I had the cash to spare, I'd send first. But, I don't. Most of these items are going to be $1-$3 anyway, I'm not looking to make much profit out of them. Resellers may want to take advantage of this sale, though, so...

To be honest I always use the "other", "payments owed" options because it is actually owed to that person and there aren't any fees.

@Kitsune Sniper-Generally CAGs with higher feedback don't mind paying first but the reason there is a feedback system is so we don't get ripped by "noobies" who just create an account to rip people off. If also depends on the items. For items, that are that low priced normally noone has a problem paying first. Its when if you were selling a PS3 or another high dollar amount that people would be worried about being ripped off.

[quote name='Nightfox31']To be honest I always use the "other", "payments owed" options because it is actually owed to that person and there aren't any fees.

[/QUOTE]

thanks.
i have had a few purchases and had to ask as there was nowhere that states which to use.

[quote name='Squarehard']Nice to see the questionable code officially added onto the restrictions so there will be no questions about it now.[/QUOTE]
Sucks it took away from my feedback, as I followed through with my end of the trade (from someone who did the same). I can understand that once someone is banned, their feedback is removed, but unless the feedback given by them is fraudulent (like, a lie, or padding, etc), why is it removed as well? Is it because other CAG's can no longer check it in depth (cross referencing)? People that have been here for a while have PLENTY of feedback that you can't cross reference for one reason or another, so that can't be it. Just curious, as the feedback they left was for me holding up my end of the deal, and I did that. If they were selling stuff that shouldn't be sold, I understand the ban & their feedback being removed. I just hate that the feedback that they left for me, that was genuine in every way, is removed :cry:. Thanks in advance.

If a guy says he has thousands of codes available, I don't see how anyone can think that the source is legit in any way. Having feedback removed from such a transaction which is the result of fraudulent activity is a given.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If a guy says he has thousands of codes available, I don't see how anyone can think that the source is legit in any way. Having feedback removed from such a transaction which is the result of fraudulent activity is a given.[/QUOTE]
I never asked how many codes the guy I traded with had (and his OP certainly didn't say he had thousands). I say the same thing to everyone, "Send me the codes & I will try them out. If they work, I will send payment." I guess it's nice to find that out now.

[quote name='twztid13']Sucks it took away from my feedback, as I followed through with my end of the trade (from someone who did the same). I can understand that once someone is banned, their feedback is removed, but unless the feedback given by them is fraudulent (like, a lie, or padding, etc), why is it removed as well? Is it because other CAG's can no longer check it in depth (cross referencing)? People that have been here for a while have PLENTY of feedback that you can't cross reference for one reason or another, so that can't be it. Just curious, as the feedback they left was for me holding up my end of the deal, and I did that. If they were selling stuff that shouldn't be sold, I understand the ban & their feedback being removed. I just hate that the feedback that they left for me, that was genuine in every way, is removed :cry:. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]Everyone who dealt with that CAG had their feedback removed, so it wasn't just singling you out. A gentle reminder that if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is, and you shouldn't benefit from it. We can't take the points back, obviously, though the feedback can get removed.

Feel free to dispute the Paypal charge over the transaction, if you'd like, as I see no reason why they should profit from scamming a contest.

[quote name='twztid13']I never asked how many codes the guy I traded with had (and his OP certainly didn't say he had thousands). I say the same thing to everyone, "Send me the codes & I will try them out. If they work, I will send payment." I guess it's nice to find that out now.[/QUOTE]You might want to think that statement through again, as this was at the top of the banned CAG's thread:

From banned CAG's thread said:
Selling codes each worth 160 msp from an instant win game () back when it was easy to win.

I have thousands and will sell them for only 1.00 each thats 50% of retail price! (Maybe a cheaper bulk rate if you want to buy >100 codes

So, yes, it was clearly stated, in nice bright yellow text, that the CAG in question had thousands of codes.

I paid with Amazon credit :(.

WOW! I guess you're right. I do not remember seeing that. I was tired, but.....was it actually in yellow? Maybe I was tired, but I don't know how I missed that (as i absolutely missed it if it was there).

Not sure if this is the right place to address this but I'm just using the CAG Marketplace for the first time. I've got one game listed as "tradeable" and have dozens of games in my wish list. Is there a way to filter just users that want my game and also have a game that I want? Right now I see a list of all the people that have the games I want but I have to go through each person to see if they want the game I have.

Okay, I feel stupid, but I gave invalid feedback without realizing it today. I've been swapping Club Nintendo codes, and I was left feedback for a transaction. I checked the feedback page and it -looked- as though "non CAG feedback" was allowed, and I assumed this meant feedback for this was fine.

Later, I reread the Club Nintendo thread and note that it isn't allowed. I e-mail the site and CheapyD links me to this thread, where it specifically says "no Club Nintendo code feedback."

Should I worry now? I don't want to get anyone in trouble for my mistake. Is there a way to request a retraction of feedback due to my misunderstanding?

Our overlord is fixing this for me himself. Unless he meant "kick me from the CAGlands forever", all would appear to be well. Thanks for reading!

Got a silly question that may have already been asked:

If I give a game away for free, is it OK to ask for positive feedback? If so, is it considered valid feedback? I ask because I have a few keys I don't need, and would like to build up a bit of feedback to get more people interested in trading me (as I mostly have physical copies for games). Thanks in advance.

The OP makes it pretty clear:

-When should we leave feedback?
Feedback should be left when both parties participate in an exchange of items of specific value. Some examples outlined below or when and when not to leave feedback.
User 1 trades his Bioshock for User 2's Mass Effect. Feedback is left by both parties.
User 1 buys an Xbox 12 month code from User 2. Feedback is left by both parties.
User 1 gives User 2 a Playstation 3 and User 2 pays $20 for the shipping. Feedback is left for both parties.

User 1 gives User 2 a free 48 Xbox Live code. NO Feedback is left.
User 1 gives User 2 a free Playstation 3. NO Feedback is left.
User 1 trades a gmail invite for a qmail invite from User 2. NO feedback is left.

In short, if you just give something away, then no feedback is to be left. It has to be a two-way transaction, meaning each party needs to give something of monetary value to the other, in order to be eligible for feedback.

[quote name='sp00ge']The OP makes it pretty clear: In short, if you just give something away, then no feedback is to be left. It has to be a two-way transaction, meaning each party needs to give something of monetary value to the other, in order to be eligible for feedback.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I would really like to accrue feedback through generosity(mine, not theirs). I guess I'll have to figure something out....

[quote name='Ckarasu']Bummer. I would really like to accrue feedback through generosity(mine, not theirs). I guess I'll have to figure something out....[/QUOTE]
Sell them cheap!

Have a question about ingame items are you allowed to sell them on here? like borderlands 2 i got like all the legendary items and heads/skins i sell on other sites is that allowed on here or not. I checked FAQ's didn't really say anything about ingame items.

[quote name='andycandy']how do you link CML to your screen name?[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

At the bottom of this UserCP, there is a place for your buy/sell/trade list addy. Copy the address bar in your browser while on page 1 of your list here, then paste it in that place on the user control panel that I linked you to. Click, "Save Changes," at the very bottom of the page. Now you will have the "CML" in the bottom-right of your avatar to link traders to your list.

[quote name='twztid13']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

At the bottom of this UserCP, there is a place for your buy/sell/trade list addy. Copy the address bar in your browser while on page 1 of your list here, then paste it in that place on the user control panel that I linked you to. Click, "Save Changes," at the very bottom of the page. Now you will have the "CML" in the bottom-right of your avatar to link traders to your list.[/QUOTE]

thank u!

[quote name='TylerTortured']Is this where I would request a trade at or should I start my own thread?[/QUOTE]

Create your own trade thread - read the first post for rules/guidelines.

Hey there.

Just joined last week and finding my bearings, thanks to a friend who's been here a while and a proper look over the FAQ's Im starting to get a little sense of direction. Oh, I cant find an 'Intro Yourself/New Members' thread so I guess I'll use this aswell to say Hi, Im smartbombUK :)

My occupation here is very heavily PS3 oriantated so many of my queries revolve around that aspect of the site.

Just a couple of things to ask as Im trying not to lean on my established friend here too much.

Feedback: I can see these are for trades as outlined in the OP - is there a similar system for gamesharing ? Ive seen the 'bad trader' list and so I know as long as your not on that then your kind of OK, but I didnt know whether the gamesharing element of the site had its own rep system or whether it was just something you earned over time the more you were involved ?

Searching for what you need: I dont know if there's a big master list that I cant see for looking but is there such a thing ? Ive found the trade threads etc and all other related (PSN code trading and the like) and I just presume that the best way to go about it would be to use the search function within a thread to see if what you need is available ?

What people have: Lastly, is there some place people kind of 'show' what belongs to them ? Not in the profile 'game collection' sense, but as in what people have on their accounts ? I'll give you an example, should make what Im asking easier to understand. Im after a specific PSN online pass, so I posted in the PSN Code trading thread. Thing is, it's easy to miss. I could use the search function above in that thread but someone that might have what I need may never visit the thread and have never posted in there to advertise. Is there such a thing as a list to post what everyone has (apart from individuals threads in this particular forum) or am I better off searching those individual threads and using the code trading/search method ?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for being a pain in the ball sac !

I did a trade where I sent out an XBL one month code and haven't received my payment yet. It's been 48 hours and the person hasn't even replied even though he logged in each day and most recently tonight. The code has been used so what are my next steps? How much longer should I wait? If he doesn't reply is my only option after that to leave negative feedback or do I also talk to a mod?

Sold a couple codes before and most recently sold one the same day I made a deal with this guy. I'm actually pretty reasonable, if I have to wait a couple days for payment or whatever I'm fine with it as long as they message me. It's just annoying that the guy goes online and doesn't message me.

And I check each code before I send them out to make sure they work (go on my xbox and check them so I won't redeem them). 12 hours after I messaged him and the code was still good (I checked because I saw he logged in between the time I sent him it). Today I checked the code and it was redeemed.

Thanks and if this was the wrong spot to post this sorry.

[quote name='yodawgyo']I did a trade where I sent out an XBL one month code and haven't received my payment yet. It's been 48 hours and the person hasn't even replied even though he logged in each day and most recently tonight. The code has been used so what are my next steps? How much longer should I wait? If he doesn't reply is my only option after that to leave negative feedback or do I also talk to a mod?

Sold a couple codes before and most recently sold one the same day I made a deal with this guy. I'm actually pretty reasonable, if I have to wait a couple days for payment or whatever I'm fine with it as long as they message me. It's just annoying that the guy goes online and doesn't message me.

And I check each code before I send them out to make sure they work (go on my xbox and check them so I won't redeem them). 12 hours after I messaged him and the code was still good (I checked because I saw he logged in between the time I sent him it). Today I checked the code and it was redeemed.

Thanks and if this was the wrong spot to post this sorry.[/QUOTE]
Definitely send a pm to Shrike4242 or Pookymeister & tell them the information (cuz they might not read this page for a couple days, and you need a mod's help on this issue asap). I know they wouldn't mind you contacting them, and that's exactly what needs to happen before you make up your mind on the hegative feedback, etc.

I had a quick question, I made this list here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aq38TbJphxAodEVCai1telM1Vng2OGQyc2RPRFc4QVE&output=html in order to consolidate my own collection remotely. Basically when shopping at gamestop, mom and pop shops or otherwise, it helps me divide my list of wants, already owned, as well as determine if the shop might have something I didn't register on it yet. Due to how I laid it out, it should also never come up in a search and thus not throw off any users or get hopes up.. I made a topic with a banner trying to buy anything I don't have but I wanted to make sure that list design isn't somehow unacceptable here? I don't want to break the rules, and am trying to be considerate to how the site functions. Thanks!

These feedback boosters are getting annoying with their cheap DLC codes and CN codes boosting feedback. Makes it hard to determine a members credibility.

Today I think I seen a new low. This is someones feedback.

Awesome person! Verified in my opinion ( This was left as someones feedback)

If it's what I think it is. It looks like someone gave that person feedback because they agreed with them in a post or something. Doesn't look to me like goods or services were traded in this transaction.

Can anyone here help me get rid of retaliatory feedback? I made a trade with qbkorso. I left negative feedback after he would not pay for shipping after confirming in chat that he would pay shipping. He left negative feedback just saying "Terrible transaction, don't trade with him!" I met all ends of my side and even shipped the game priority mail. Any help removing the retaliatory feedback would be appreciated. I can furnish the trade chat if necessary.

bread's done
Back