Transformers 7-Disc Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy $90 @ Amazon & Walmart.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Transformers (7-Disc) Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy (Transformers/Transformers 2/Transformers 3 3D) [Blu-ray]

41DqxzXN8-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Release Date: January 31, 2012

Amazon.com - $89.99 (MSRP: $149.99)

BestBuy.com - $149.99 (MSRP: $169.99)

FYE.com - $107.00 (MSRP: $169.99) [Membership: $96.30]

Walmart.com - $89.96 (MSRP: $129.99)

Amazon.ca - $104.99 CAD (MSRP: $149.99 CAD)

FutureShop.ca - $99.99 CAD (Web-only offer - Only 100 sets available)

Update #1
A little update on the Signature Edition Transformers set:

• There will only be 5,000 made.
  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will be out in December.
http://imageshack.us/g/828/photo3fz.jpg/

Update #2
More info:

• The Signature series box set will available January 31, 2012.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
Price has still TBD.
Update #3
Yes, the 3D Blu-ray will be sold as a single SKU.

TF Signature Series will be $100.
Credit to nelson from The Official Micheal Bay Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Bay's hand will be tired after 5,000 signatures...[/QUOTE]

He use is hand alot anyway so he should be good

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Bay's hand will be tired after 5,000 signatures...[/QUOTE]
No it'll scan his signature and let the machine do their work.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This is terribly lame.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='griffith strife']I would buy it, if it was signed by Megan Fox's boobs[/QUOTE]

And this.

[quote name='griffith strife']I would buy it, if it was signed by Megan Fox's boobs[/QUOTE]

I million + 1

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Quickpick for 5% off. :/[/QUOTE]

Where @

Pass on the non-standard packaging. Ouch.

Also, don't forget that if you picked up the previous 2D release, there's a $10 upgrade coupon for the 3D release.

Hopefully, people picked it up from Amazon and Best Buy when it was $10, watched it, removed the coupon and will be trading it in at Amazon for $10.75 (TIV at the time of this post).

[quote name='philmcfly']Anyone know if the Part 2 included here will be the Walmart IMAX version?[/QUOTE]
No I don't think so. IMAX version is exclusive to Walmart.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pass on the non-standard packaging. Ouch.

Also, don't forget that if you picked up the previous 2D release, there's a $10 upgrade coupon for the 3D release.

Hopefully, people picked it up from Amazon and Best Buy when it was $10, watched it, removed the coupon and will be trading it in at Amazon for $10.75 (TIV at the time of this post).[/QUOTE]

I got it at launch, watched it and sold the bd for $12, backed up the DVD then sold it for $5 and the dc for $5 :cool:

[quote name='shrike4242']Pass on the non-standard packaging. Ouch.

Hopefully, people picked it up from Amazon and Best Buy when it was $10, watched it, removed the coupon and will be trading it in at Amazon for $10.75 (TIV at the time of this post).[/QUOTE]

This was $10? When? I missed it... fuck!!!

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']I've never preordered anything from Amazon. So just wondering, if I preorder, will they charge me the 104 now or charge it when shipped?[/QUOTE]
they will charge it when shipped.

[quote name='Ed_']I got it at launch, watched it and sold the bd for $12, backed up the DVD then sold it for $5 and the dc for $5 :cool:[/QUOTE]

If you're going to back up what you sell, why not back up the blu-ray? :lol:

[quote name='pjb16']If you're going to back up what you sell, why not back up the blu-ray? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No bd drive :(

looks better than I thought at least, but I still think it's a pointless overpriced cash-in.

I also wonder if it's truly limited to just 5,000 copies. I imagine they'd be sold out by now considering it's in the top 100 bestselling items already, and Amazon only has a portion of the sets (WM has the rest).

Don't own any so I bought it. Anyone know if the third movie will have commentary? I know the first 2 do but this doesn't mention it for the third.

$90 isn't a bad deal considering the 3d bluray version of dark of the moon is $40 on its own. Too bad that package is just so big. If only I liked the movies or the director, I could find some way to justify that monstrosity of a bluray case.

So is this ONLY Walmart and Amazon.com only for this set? I have a ton of Reward Zone coupons sitting around and would like to use them if possible on this. If so, then I'll just be getting the 3D TF3.

Yeah, report the price to Amazon so they lower it. I'm keeping an eye on it. I've got $45 on Amazon, so I'd really only be losing $45 if it drops. Pretty reasonable for three decent movies in a pretty awesome set.

Amazon rarely PM's these days it seems. They PM weekly ads from BB and others but not usually for stuff like this. I still sent the request nonetheless

[quote name='Viol8tor']Was part 1 and 2 never available in 3d?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I think we'll see a lot more converting to 3D though once it becomes an easier process. Lucasfilm and whoever is responsible for the new Star Wars will hopefully be innovative.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I don't believe so. I think we'll see a lot more converting to 3D though once it becomes an easier process. Lucasfilm and whoever is responsible for the new Star Wars will hopefully be innovative.[/QUOTE]

Oh sucks. Had all 3 been 3d, then i would bite for that Walmart price for sure.

My issue is that these movie sets are almost never complete. What I mean, is as soon as transformers 4 comes out.. then the set it not complete. I hate that. I wish they offered some way to "add" it in to the collection, so it "fit in" if that makes sense. Like some sort of expandable case. But movie companies want you to keep buying the "newest" complete set.

[quote name='exceed19']My issue is that these movie sets are almost never complete. What I mean, is as soon as transformers 4 comes out.. then the set it not complete. I hate that. I wish they offered some way to "add" it in to the collection, so it "fit in" if that makes sense. Like some sort of expandable case. But movie companies want you to keep buying the "newest" complete set.[/QUOTE]

I hate that as well. But I figured that, with it being "limited" (and hopefully they mean it), they'll be some resale value in the future if I choose to get rid of it. Buyers will be wary of the autograph though, as most autographs sold online are fakes.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I hate that as well. But I figured that, with it being "limited" (and hopefully they mean it), they'll be some resale value in the future if I choose to get rid of it. Buyers will be wary of the autograph though, as most autographs sold online are fakes.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sold that this is a item that will have good resale value in the future but why would any collector or buyer for that matter be worried that the signature was a fake?

Every single one of thus is supposed to have an authentic signature (most likely by means of an autopen).

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not sold that this is a item that will have good resale value in the future but why would any collector or buyer for that matter be worried that the signature was a fake?

Every single one of thus is supposed to have an authentic signature (most likely by means of an autopen).[/QUOTE]

I meant for resale. If I'm reselling, who's to say I didn't buy something and write on it myself for resale? So I'm not doubting the signature from Amazon. I'm doubting the signature that someone is selling claiming they got it from Amazon.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I meant for resale. If I'm reselling, who's to say I didn't buy something and write on it myself for resale? So I'm not doubting the signature from Amazon. I'm doubting the signature that someone is selling claiming they got it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Considering the autograph is part of what looks to be a film plaque, on or behind glass, how would anyone possibly fake this? You'd obviously have to include the film plaquel, which means you'd already have the autograph. I highly doubt anyone reselling this particular set will be accused of forging a signature. The proof of signature is the set itself. Now if you were just selling some random set, like say the Star Wars complete saga, and you happen to say it has a legit autograph from George Lucas on it, and no visual proof of that (like a pic of him signing it), and you're not from some autograph agency with credentials, then that can be considered suspicious.

It was in general, man. I didn't see what the autograph was on. It looked like a lithograph/card in the image I saw, so I assumed one could slide it into the case and that it's not actually part of it.

And pictures of signings don't mean anything. You can look on ebay and see the same picture on five different user's listing.

bread's done
Back