Transformers 7-Disc Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy $90 @ Amazon & Walmart.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Transformers (7-Disc) Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy (Transformers/Transformers 2/Transformers 3 3D) [Blu-ray]

41DqxzXN8-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Release Date: January 31, 2012

Amazon.com - $89.99 (MSRP: $149.99)

BestBuy.com - $149.99 (MSRP: $169.99)

FYE.com - $107.00 (MSRP: $169.99) [Membership: $96.30]

Walmart.com - $89.96 (MSRP: $129.99)

Amazon.ca - $104.99 CAD (MSRP: $149.99 CAD)

FutureShop.ca - $99.99 CAD (Web-only offer - Only 100 sets available)

Update #1
A little update on the Signature Edition Transformers set:

• There will only be 5,000 made.
  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will be out in December.
http://imageshack.us/g/828/photo3fz.jpg/

Update #2
More info:

• The Signature series box set will available January 31, 2012.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
Price has still TBD.
Update #3
Yes, the 3D Blu-ray will be sold as a single SKU.

TF Signature Series will be $100.
Credit to nelson from The Official Micheal Bay Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you look at the image? It looks like there are four holders, one in each corner, holding the item together. It also looks like there is a film strip which is NOT autographed. It looks like there is a business card that is signed. That's what I based it off of. The collections I've purchased that are similar to this in theory are presented like this. I had to assemble them and place the autograph in the middle. I don't know if this one is laminated on the outside of a plaque or what. Neither do you.

But thanks for your dots, though. They're both creative and constructive. I'll probably see you in another thread that you follow me into in order to criticize an idea you interpret incorrectly.

A thread that I followed you into? lmao, wow you must think pretty highly of yourself. Look, your post doesn't make any fucking sense plain and simple. You specifically talked about reselling this particular set. Every single set comes with a signature. Now if you're reselling this particular set in its entirety, why would there be any suspicion that the signature has been faked?, which was your concern. Unless for whatever reason you think that the buyer is going to assume you're selling the entire set, but somehow unscrewed the glass plaque, took out the authentic signature, made a copy of it and replaced it with a fake. Seriously? Why the hell would any one suspect that in this situation? Who even gives that much shit about Michael Bay's signature. Like I said, no fucking sense.

[quote name='ssjmichael']A thread that I followed you into? lmao, wow you must think pretty highly of yourself. Look, your post doesn't make any fucking sense plain and simple. You specifically talked about reselling this particular set. Every single set comes with a signature. Now if you're reselling this particular set, why would there be any suspicion that the signature has been faked, which was your concern. Like I said, no fucking sense.[/QUOTE]

Again, I wasn't referring to my particular set from Amazon. I trust that.

I was referring to other potential buyers being concerned about a fake autograph in the long run, similar to how I am of all autographs I'm buying from an average citizen without a company backing it (or a legit company like Amazon). It's not that hard, really. Apologies if you took it the wrong way. I only spelled it out in two posts first.

And the first part was a joke. Internet sarcasm, brah.

Oh I understand it, you just make no fucking sense as per usual. I'll just leave it at that, as it's pretty pointless to even debate something so absolutely retarded

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh I understand it, you just make no fucking sense as per usual. I'll just leave it at that, as it's pretty pointless to even debate something so absolutely retarded[/QUOTE]

It makes sense perfectly fine. It's one of those things you'll keep rereading it, but reread it exactly as you read it the first time. Comprehension issues in text form. It'd make sense in person. And agreed. It's all hypothetical anyways, as there'd have to be a way better set in the future for me to consider selling it.

If he's signing it in permanent marker can that be done in auto pen? Sorry don't know much about auto pen.

It looks pretty authentic to me. I guess we'll have to wait a see when people start getting them in.

MBSigned1.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't questioning the authenticity of the ones we'll be getting from Amazon. I was questioning the ones that will be on ebay afterward. That's all I was getting at.

Again, the ones from Amazon will be real. I also didn't realize they were on little plaques themselves. The image on Amazon makes it look like a generic business card signed and placed inside a plaque.

I think the set looks really nice. I own all 3 on Blu already so I will not be picking up. If I ever decide to get a 3D display, TF-DOTM will be bought.

All 3 TF movies are cool. Great turn up the sound and look at the bad-ass action popcorn flicks. Anything else is nitpicking bull-shit.

[quote name='kevgret']Looks like amazon matched walmarts price of $89.99.[/QUOTE]

^Good Catch. That makes the decision a little easier.

Canceled my $105 pre order at Amazon and reordered for $90. I know they have a pre-order guarantee but it could go back up before release.

Do you people still think there's only 5,000 of them made? I'm positive Amazon alone has sold more than 5K of these, and then there's Walmart who had the cheaper price for a while.

Is there any confirmation of that being true? Are these numbered?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Do you people still think there's only 5,000 of them made? I'm positive Amazon alone has sold more than 5K of these, and then there's Walmart who had the cheaper price for a while.

Is there any confirmation of that being true? Are these numbered?[/QUOTE]

Was there a number given? I've only seen 5,000 in the original post. I just figured it was a 'special' way of saying that the set is limited to the number that actually sells.

I hope they're not numbered, though.

Edit: An article I was reading about the set said it was limited to an undisclosed amount, but the guess is around 5,000. I don't know if I believe that.

Michael Bay said 5,000 in the preview video I think and honestly if he's actually signing the things I can't imagine there being much more than that. I don't expect they're selling so great that they've sold over 5,000 especially considering the price seems to be getting lower.

[quote name='sdcranford']Canceled my $105 pre order at Amazon and reordered for $90. I know they have a pre-order guarantee but it could go back up before release.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the preorder guarantee give you the lowest price even if it goes up?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Doesn't the preorder guarantee give you the lowest price even if it goes up?[/QUOTE]

It should, but it never seems to adjust for video games. They charged me $59.99 for a game that I saw drop to $54.99 before the release. I cancel and re-order it 99% of the time now because of that.

Anyone have any idea on how heavy that thing is? If it weighs anything significant (over 3lbs) shipping is going to kill resale value

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Unboxing

[youtube]QvFR7zOqyMU[/youtube][/QUOTE]

I hate that guy, he sounds so incredibly fake. I still don't get the appeal of this set, it looks pretty terrible and it takes up an enormous amount of space.

Are the people here really paying premium for a hunk of metal, and Bay's signature? Even as a premium set I feel like they could have done way more. Include a hardcover book, some actual disc art, or something. The inside looks incredibly sterile.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I hate that guy, he sounds so incredibly fake. I still don't get the appeal of this set, it looks pretty terrible and it takes up an enormous amount of space.

Are the people here really paying premium for a hunk of metal, and Bay's signature? Even as a premium set I feel like they could have done way more. Include a hardcover book, some actual disc art, or something. The inside looks incredibly sterile.[/QUOTE]

I guess its a good thing no one is forcing you to buy this then, huh?

[quote name='kevgret']I guess its a good thing no one is forcing you to buy this then, huh?[/QUOTE]

My main question was why people are buying this instead of a standard set. Still would love some answers for that. I can see diehard TF (movie) fans, and maybe people who collect all CE type sets, but everyone else? Just seems like a waste of space and money.

I occasionally watch the extras on sets. The regular blu-ray is 3 discs, so it has nothing. It's thrown together hastily. If you want to buy the regular movies individually, it's $15-$20 each for the first two sets and roughly $30-40 for the third one in 3D. It's $60 if you wait and catch a deal, $80 if you don't. It's worth the extra $10 to me to get the set and the autograph.

Plus I had $49 in Amazon gift cards, so it only cost me $41 originally. And I'm still earning gift cards that I'm applying to the order, so I'm down to like $33 total cost. That's a logical answer for me.

Edit: I would not be spending $90 on it if I didn't have the gift cards, though. I probably wouldn't buy the movies, but I enjoy them for what they're worth.

Am I the only one who finds the box art hideous as fuck? I could've come up with something better and I did horrible in art class.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I occasionally watch the extras on sets. The regular blu-ray is 3 discs, so it has nothing. It's thrown together hastily. If you want to buy the regular movies individually, it's $15-$20 each for the first two sets and roughly $30-40 for the third one in 3D. It's $60 if you wait and catch a deal, $80 if you don't. It's worth the extra $10 to me to get the set and the autograph.

Plus I had $49 in Amazon gift cards, so it only cost me $41 originally. And I'm still earning gift cards that I'm applying to the order, so I'm down to like $33 total cost. That's a logical answer for me.

Edit: I would not be spending $90 on it if I didn't have the gift cards, though. I probably wouldn't buy the movies, but I enjoy them for what they're worth.[/QUOTE]

Transformers/TF: RotF 4-disc set - $25.49
Transformers DotM 3D 4-disc set - $29.99

Total: $55.48

That's a whole lot less than $80. And it not only appears to be the exact same discs you'll find in that huge set, but it also comes with a DVD, and digital copy for DotM which doesn't appear to be included with the other (the unboxing didn't mention it at least).

So again, I'm just wondering why that big metal set and Bay's signature is worth $34.51 more than that for people buying this (again, excluding TF and CE fans)

Edit: That unboxing video was also wrong to say those are film cells. They don't look like cells to me, but just pictures from the movies.

$55.49 is pretty damn close to the $60 that I said it fluctuates to. And you can wonder all you want. It's either worth it or it isn't. We know you're not getting it, so to you, it isn't. To others, it is. That's all I can say. I gave my answer and I don't feel they have to justify their desire to own it, whether they're hardcore, casual, or collector fans.

You didn't say it fluctuates to $60. You said if you bought all of that now, it's $80, or $60 if you "wait and catch a break". You in fact justified your purchase by saying it's $10 more than what you'd be paying otherwise, which I pointed out isn't true. It's in fact, $34.51 more and doesn't have a digital copy or DVD of DotM.

At the end of the day, I don't really care what people here spend their money on, I was just a little curious as to why people are buying this particular set. Whether it's for the metal display, the signature, the limited aspect, you're a collector's nut, or a combination of all that

It looks very cool. I'm all for clean metal, even though the art isn't very nice, I think a diamond plate stand and folding metal set is very cool. And no, those aren't film cells from a reel or anything. A film cell looks like film, that is way to bright and detailed without direct light behind them. I've paid more for a single steelbook movie that I imported. So that's my justification.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Transformers/TF: RotF 4-disc set - $25.49
Transformers DotM 3D 4-disc set - $29.99

Total: $55.48

That's a whole lot less than $80. And it not only appears to be the exact same discs you'll find in that huge set, but it also comes with a DVD, and digital copy for DotM which doesn't appear to be included with the other (the unboxing didn't mention it at least).

So again, I'm just wondering why that big metal set and Bay's signature is worth $34.51 more than that for people buying this (again, excluding TF and CE fans)

Edit: That unboxing video was also wrong to say those are film cells. They don't look like cells to me, but just pictures from the movies.[/QUOTE]

so you asked why people are buying this set.. someone posted why they are buying it and you didn't like his answer???

Heres my answer: I have money... I like this set... I bought it.. Don't really need to say more than this.

If you don't want this just move along and post into threads where you like stuff. I never understand why people stay around in threads and bring the negativity...

[quote name='kevgret']so you asked why people are buying this set.. someone posted why they are buying it and you didn't like his answer???

Heres my answer: I have money... I like this set... I bought it.. Don't really need to say more than this.

If you don't want this just move along and post into threads where you like stuff. I never understand why people stay around in threads and bring the negativity...[/QUOTE]

His answer was flawed and I corrected it. Simply reading would tell you that. I'm not questioning his reasoning as much as his calculations. His calculations appear to be an important factor in why he bought it so it was actually relevant to bring up his inaccuracy.

Anyway, I'll just leave you guys alone since some are getting a little too defensive.

I am in for one. Not getting a DVD copy or digital download of a movie is no biggie. They just collect dust. Rather have special features then a DVD or digital copy I do not need.

[quote name='ssjmichael']His answer was flawed and I corrected it. Simply reading would tell you that. I'm not questioning his reasoning as much as his calculations. His calculations appear to be an important factor in why he bought it so it was actually relevant to bring up his inaccuracy.

Anyway, I'll just leave you guys alone since some are getting a little too defensive.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we're getting defensive.. but you asked a question and he gave an answer (and I did too).

Sometimes, we decide to buy things not based on 1,000,000 factors or any defined set of decision trees.

for me, I had some credit.. I only have the first movie on HD-DVD so I decided to buy it. I didn't use a calculator and take a poll or anything like that.. plus I think it looks cool..

[quote name='sawyerbrwnfan']I am in for one. Not getting a DVD copy or digital download of a movie is no biggie. They just collect dust. Rather have special features then a DVD or digital copy I do not need.[/QUOTE]

The sets I linked to have special features, they appear to be the same exact discs being included here even.

In no way is my answer flawed. I based my calculations on the individual sets of each film, which I even spelled out:

[quote name='Grammar Police']If you want to buy the regular movies individually, it's $15-$20 each for the first two sets and roughly $30-40 for the third one in 3D.[/QUOTE]

See? You didn't read it correctly. Individually. Not in a two-pack of the first two with even worse artwork and a worse case. That's why it's cheap. It's like the Wal-Mart two packs of DVDs and Blu-Rays. I've seen it in-store. It's bad.

But the numbers in my response are pretty dead on. At no point did I say I'd be paying $80 now if I bought them because they're not $80. They're $80 regularly, $60 if you catch a sale. The two ranges are GOOD SALE and REGULAR PRICE. I'm sorry you didn't get that. Here, let me do this for you:

$15-$20 for each of the first two two-disc sets. The first is $19.73. The second two-disc is $14.69, $0.31 shy, but still pretty damn close for a rounding sum. The third is $29.99. That adds to roughly $65. They're on sale right now, which is the same thing as "catch[ing] a break" with pricing. If they're not on sale, they are $19.99 each and $39.99 for the 3D third one. That's $80. That's the top of the range.

I based the "$10 more" logic on the regular price, as I used $80. I didn't do it based on a sale, because different places have different sales.

You also seemed to ignore the fact that I said I'm only paying $37 or whatever for it now because of gift cards.

[quote name='Grammar Police']In no way is my answer flawed. I based my calculations on the individual sets of each film, which I even spelled out:

See? You didn't read it correctly. Individually. Not in a two-pack of the first two with even worse artwork and a worse case. That's why it's cheap. It's like the Wal-Mart two packs of DVDs and Blu-Rays. I've seen it in-store. It's bad.

But the numbers in my response are pretty dead on. At no point did I say I'd be paying $80 now if I bought them because they're not $80. They're $80 regularly, $60 if you catch a sale. The two ranges are GOOD SALE and REGULAR PRICE. I'm sorry you didn't get that. Here, let me do this for you:

$15-$20 for each of the first two two-disc sets. The first is $19.73. The second two-disc is $14.69, $0.31 shy, but still pretty damn close for a rounding sum. The third is $29.99. That adds to roughly $65. They're on sale right now, which is the same thing as "catch[ing] a break" with pricing. If they're not on sale, they are $19.99 each and $39.99 for the 3D third one. That's $80. That's the top of the range.

I based the "$10 more" logic on the regular price, as I used $80. I didn't do it based on a sale, because different places have different sales.[/QUOTE]

You should probably do a little research. The double pack is just a slipcase wrapped around the two individual releases. It is the exact same as buying the two separately.

Since you're completely oblivious to the set, take a look at the unboxing below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WwW3gljsy4

See? Two releases, both 2-disc sets. Still want to go on with your useless calculations of the individual sets now that I've educated you? The fact is, it costs $55.49 to get the same exact movie content (+ digital copy and DVD).

I'm still correct with what I used.

The set that I've seen is not like that. It's a single case that opens and has four discs in it, two from each. One is on the inside cover, there's a flap with two, and one is on the back side. I've seen it both in-store and opened. Unless that was a knockoff, you're correct.

It still is irrelevant to what I stated in my original post. Weren't you leaving to another thread?

[quote name='Grammar Police']In no way is my answer flawed. I based my calculations on the individual sets of each film, which I even spelled out:

I based the "$10 more" logic on the regular price, as I used $80. I didn't do it based on a sale, because different places have different sales.

You also seemed to ignore the fact that I said I'm only paying $37 or whatever for it now because of gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Dude.. I don't think he is going to listen to whatever youn say.. I agree with everything you have said.. but it really does come down to preference.. if you like it buy it.. if not then come on a message board and post numerous times about how bad the deal is.

its really that simple.

[quote name='kevgret']Dude.. I don't think he is going to listen to whatever youn say.. I agree with everything you have said.. but it really does come down to preference.. if you like it buy it.. if not then come on a message board and post numerous times about how bad the deal is.

its really that simple.[/QUOTE]

Ha, right? I said that in the last response. It's either worth it or it isn't. To him, it's obviously not. He's reminded us for 8 pages. To everyone else in the thread that bought it, it is.

For someone that doesn't like anything about the set or the price, he's sure here a lot. Find a thread with something you like.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I'm still correct with what I used.

The set that I've seen is not like that. It's a single case that opens and has four discs in it, two from each. One is on the inside cover, there's a flap with two, and one is on the back side. I've seen it both in-store and opened. Unless that was a knockoff, you're correct.

It still is irrelevant to what I stated in my original post. Weren't you leaving to another thread?[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure whatever, you're "correct" based on "what you used". You could have used a set that was $70 each too, but what point would that make? Zero.. I never said which set for you to choose. I said it's cheaper if you just get the regular sets. You picked and chose which sets you used to make your calculations, while I used the cheapest ones that are still equivalent. I did the smart thing, you didn't. Had I known you'd have such difficulty finding equivalents for the lowest price, I would have spelled it out for you from the start. Had you been more knowledgeable of that double pack would you still have chosen your overpriced individual sets to make your "point"?

Okay, I'm really really done now. Enjoy the cash-grab folks!

bread's done
Back