10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blandstalker']Um, they're really not that bad...however, they're also really nothing like the original Constructicons. So it depends what you expect to get out of them.

The original Devestator held together pretty well, but it didn't articulate well at all. Legs didn't move, Bonecrusher's arm was good but Hook's would fall out. Most of the original Constructicons themselves were little unmovable bricks. And I say that with fondness -- Bonecrusher was my first Transformer ever and I still think he's cool. But Mixmaster? Um..yeah.

This new Devestator does articulate and holds together reasonably well. Not as securely as the original, but better than the standard 5-combiners after Devestator (Superion, Menasor, etc.) And the small robots articulate and transform well, too. It's a trade off.

I think it gets points for not having to attach a separate head and the accessories are reasonable looking. Still a bit silly, of course, but no sillier than a spring loaded purple missile launcher with a hand coming out of it.

The Wal-Mart set is...okay. I don't intend on buying it because 1) I got the figures during Energon and 2) I thought the recolor was a little misguided -- the whole point would be releasing something that really looks like the original Devestator, and you can actually do better with the Energon toys or last year's Target rerelase of the RiD Constructicons.[/quote]

The RiD Contructicons are much better! I got the original japanese colored set (couldn't wait back then, paid mucha moola for it), but i like the green ones better (paid $12 for all four, can you believe it?). Anyhow, it still not that cool comparing to the original.

I agree with the original constructicon's transformations and articulations, but the combined robot mode kick ass any times! I got the diecast set in the basement, complete and in minty condition. Yeah, i know, the head and fist add-ons suck balls too and honestly, i never get that when i was a kid (i kept remember saying "it's not like that in the show...")

I'm not saying the Energon combiners are not good (Superion is far the best looking), just that the SAME arm and leg bothers me. What the hell, couldn't they come up with a different robot or something? A repaint in the same combining robot sucks ball...

[quote name='dragonhunter']I recently purchased the "new" constructicons and one leg keeps falling off. and devastator's head is nearly atop his shoulder. wtf. the picture shows his head right above the center of his chest, but mine is jammed into the bulldozer scoop on his left shoulder. did anyone else have these problems?[/quote]

Maybe you didn't transform it properly (hey, happens to me all the times, i hate instruction booklets, they sucks most of the times). Nontheless, the combined robot mode is pretty good, but the head's articulation is limited due to space problem, i.e the bulldozer scoop on the left shoulder. Hmmm, not only that, it makes the overall look a bit awkward (the head is too close to the big thing on the shoulder).

it's weird. on the instructions (which suck), the head is jammed onto the bulldozer scoop (off centered). and as the pictures progress, the head magically becomes centered.
i've been googling images and some have a centered head, but most are way off and jammed into the shoulder scoop.
no one else had this problem or noticed with the energon set?

I'm looking at my Energon devastator right now... I remember i had hard times getting it right (the head part). But it looks like it's in the center right now. Well, overall appearance is still awkward though. Maybe we're looking at the samething, just that it doesn't bother me anymore...

Hey, did anyone get their Masterpiece Megatron from Ages Three & Up yet??? Is this site really legit?!?

They updated the site with a comment about how they arrived and you need to contact them, and I've sent them two emails and called and left a vm. What's the deal?!?

[quote name='karkyco']Hey, did anyone get their Masterpiece Megatron from Ages Three & Up yet??? Is this site really legit?!?

They updated the site with a comment about how they arrived and you need to contact them, and I've sent them two emails and called and left a vm. What's the deal?!?[/QUOTE]

Still waitin on mine as well. I'm pretty sure the site is legit, as I know a few people who have ordered Road Bots from them in the past. I'm pissed I don't have my MP Megs though!

New Message at Ages:
"MP-05 Has now arrived in store on Friday May 4th. We will begin shipping out all orders of this figure right away. As we want to ensure all US orders making it through with the unmodified version of this figure, we will not be transporting figures in huge quantities at once. We will be sending out figures all week until they are all delivered. Thanks for your co-operation."

Looks good.

Ah, the title changed!!!! yea!

As to the modified and unmodfied MP Megatron, they are the same! The modified version comes with a butt ugly orange plastic...

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah, the title changed!!!! yea!

As to the modified and unmodfied MP Megatron, they are the same! The modified version comes with a butt ugly orange plastic...[/quote]

Yeah, the other site that had it (TFSource? Or was it big bad toy store? Can't remember...) noted that they were going to glue the orange tip inside the end with some seriously hardcore plastic bonding /liquid cement type stuff.

Glad to hear from the poster a few posts up that it is easily removable.

[quote name='Zmonkay']New Message at Ages:
"MP-05 Has now arrived in store on Friday May 4th. We will begin shipping out all orders of this figure right away. As we want to ensure all US orders making it through with the unmodified version of this figure, we will not be transporting figures in huge quantities at once. We will be sending out figures all week until they are all delivered. Thanks for your co-operation."

Looks good.[/quote]

Awesomeness. I just couldn't help getting a bit antsy...this ain't no $10 toy or game, after all.

It is so unfortunate we can't get a 20th Anniversary/Masterpiece Megatron official release here in the states, with a base that puts out classic quotes like Optimus Prime's does.

I could just imagine hitting that button and hearing "I'll rip out your optics!!!"

The main reason i got the MP Megatron oversea b/c i'm not sure it will be released in the US! We all saw the reissue of the G1 toys in TRU, but hell, there's no G1 Megatron! For one thing, it looks like a realistic gun (unlike the classic Megatron).

I'm not trying to be pushy, but if you want this MP Megatron, get it now, i doubt it will be released in the states, especially not after the VT incident.

Transformers Movie Toys to release June 2nd everywhere. Hasbro has updated their site with previews most if not all of the movie toys.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products

I can't wait to get my hands on Optimash Prime:

228759ba7bf_Main200.jpg

and Unleashed Bumblebee

82984dc0c1c_Main400.jpg

Is he crushing a VW Bug?

And I'm definately going to collect all of these:

82910a0643b_Main400.jpg

829123035824_Main400.jpg

82913b0dca4_Main400.jpg

8291123c3794_Main400.jpg

Holy shit... that can't be right... Basically, the sellers can list the MP Megatron, as long as they don't show the "gun" mode pics. Of course, that might hurt the sale a little, but buyers all know about it anyway.

Of course, the sellers can list the orange tip as well. This shouldn't be a problem for MP Megatron, b/c you can't really make that thing shot anything. If someone did mod the MP Megatron, i gotta give that person lots of credit for doing it!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Checkout the Target Giftcard:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=133090[/quote]

Now, that's news to me :) thanks a bunch LinkinPrime!

Sweet, gonna get those for sure :)

BUT i have a feeling that those gift cards won't make it to the stores, why? I remember back in December 06, Target got those cool MP3 player GCs, but i never saw them in the stores, i even asked the manager from three different branches too...

[quote name='E-Z-B']Looks like ebay is banning the sale of any Megatron that transforms into a Walter P-38:

http://tformers.com/eBay-Bans-Unmarked-Megatron-Gun-Toys/7516/news.html[/quote]

This doesn't surprise me. About a year ago I put a couple packages of sealed cap gun caps from the 1950's on ebay and they got yanked off. They are overly harsh when it comes to any kind of munitions, even ones for old toy cap guns. It was just a matter of time until toy guns started getting pulled off.

The Revoltech series is a great series of action figures primarily designed for articulation. His paint job looks pretty nice from the pics ive seen, and if there already weren't about 10 other Revoltechs I need, id have picked him up already.

They're pretty tiny, about 4.5 inches to 5 inches tall.

God damn that Megatron Revoltech figure is sweet. I'd love it if the price was something more "domestic" if you know what I mean. It'd be great if they could find a way to repackage those here, like GI Joe vs. Transformers or something. :whistle2:(

Some Revoltech figures have been released in a few U.S. shops, although I heard some licensing BS is whats keeping Convoy (Prime) and Megatron from being released here.

[quote name='LostRoad']Anyone happen to pick this Megatron up ?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KAI10090&mode=retail&picture=out

It appears to look really nice but looking around the web some of the pics I have seen don't hold up to what sites that are selling it. Seems to be a duller paint job on the model.[/quote]

just got megs yesterday got it for 22 ... saw prime for 20 but pass him up for next time.... even the ultra magnus was there, but the asking price was 45 :cry:

didn't i put up a mini review for the revoltech megatron and optimus prime? anyhow, if you're into TFs, you should definitely get the revoltech megatron, even it's $25 i still think it worth the price. Trading figure size? Yeah, but with tons of articulation!

Just got the movie preview toys, Ironhide (Movie Voyager class), and 6 Real Gear Transformers from TRU.com.

I have to say...the Real Gear figures...ROCK! Oh my God, I love them. I've always liked off the wall transformers (see the Heinrad clock from Beast Wars II or Neo, I forget which), and these are just amazing little figs.

Highly reccommended if you find them.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Just got the movie preview toys, Ironhide (Movie Voyager class), and 6 Real Gear Transformers from TRU.com.

I have to say...the Real Gear figures...ROCK! Oh my God, I love them.[/quote]

Those are the only ones I want from this new movie too. Hasbro did just come out and say that with the new trailer for the moving coming this week, they're lifting the release date on the Deluxe toys. And when I'd tried to get the real toys from TRU, nothing was/is showing up.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Those are the only ones I want from this new movie too. Hasbro did just come out and say that with the new trailer for the moving coming this week, they're lifting the release date on the Deluxe toys. And when I'd tried to get the real toys from TRU, nothing was/is showing up.[/quote]
Really? When's the new trailer scheduled to air?

EDIT: NVM just found it
According to Hasbro:

Deluxe Figures now officially available at retail!

To coincide with the new Transformers movie trailer being released this week, we are now allowing retailers to sell all figures from the 81057 Movie Deluxe Figures, beginning immediately. All other movie product will keep the 6/2 street date. Please be patient with retailers as it may take a couple days for communication to filter down to store-level.

Enjoy a little taste for your huge Transformers appetites!

See the official news here!

seibertron.com
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/...em&newsID=903DC8AF-D56F-E112-454B1BE01FE35448

[quote name='cwalker3']25% off plus free shipping at www.hasbrotoyshop.com!

Use code FNFSPR7

They have the movie Deluxes in stock, albeit shipping June 2.[/QUOTE]

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

I saw em on there, came here to post, and saw the new coupon code you mentioned. Saved me 16 bucks (picked up Tit. WW Megs too, too bad Tit. G1 Magnus is OOS).

THANKS

[quote name='cwalker3']25% off plus free shipping at www.hasbrotoyshop.com!

Use code FNFSPR7

They have the movie Deluxes in stock, albeit shipping June 2.[/quote]

Wow, thanks! Can't beat 25% off and free shipping.

Picked up some movie Deluxes, some Titaniums, and some Star Wars TFs and got the free magnets, too.

Found three movie Deluxes yesterday (Bumblebee, Bonecrusher, and Swindle) and I thought I was all special and stuff. Oh well.

The Fallen is in stock as well, for those who have been trying to get him for a while now (he's been sold out constantly)

I picked one up at $12.

I'll wait on the Deluxe figures in the off chance I can get them locally today. Hopefully this sale will continue until Friday when I get paid :D

The only thing I really want is:

003472ef0fef_Main400.jpg

Transformers Monopoly $24.99 before coupon. I already had purchased Titanium Fallen and Soundwave a few weeks back and got the sweet magnets.

Got me a 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime with the code - $55.90 shipped didn't seem too bad to me for a figure I've wanted for a long-ass time.

Thanks!

[quote name='Serpentor']Anybody know the coupon is reusable?[/quote]
My wallet regrets to inform you that yes, it is.

Okay, I'm way late to the thread, but thanks to the OP, the great coupon poster, etc.

I have the originals, and I'm a little disappointed that most of the figures look SO different. But at least I knew from the movie trailer released already this was bound to happen.

I think my favorite of ALL the figures I found on Hasbro's site (searched for Transformers) is the Starscream Titanium one. But 6" doesn't sound very big, so I'm not sure I'll be that impressed.

Of the original figures, I remember being really excited about the constructicons and being able to make Devastator, but it was so clunky and easy to fall apart... it was disappointing. That's why the Combaticons and Bruticus are the probably my favorite off ALL my originals. Starscream is a close 2nd. ;)

Thanks for the note about the new trailer coming. I'll keep my eyes posted though I haven't found the date yet.

[quote name='cwalker3']My wallet regrets to inform you that yes, it is.[/quote]

oyi... thanks for the answer.. yeah, sounds like the wallet gonna take another hit. There are "coming soon" stuffs i want to buy, and hopefully the coupon is good till then.

[quote name='merkman']Okay, I'm way late to the thread, but thanks to the OP, the great coupon poster, etc.

I have the originals, and I'm a little disappointed that most of the figures look SO different. But at least I knew from the movie trailer released already this was bound to happen.

I think my favorite of ALL the figures I found on Hasbro's site (searched for Transformers) is the Starscream Titanium one. But 6" doesn't sound very big, so I'm not sure I'll be that impressed.

Of the original figures, I remember being really excited about the constructicons and being able to make Devastator, but it was so clunky and easy to fall apart... it was disappointing. That's why the Combaticons and Bruticus are the probably my favorite off ALL my originals. Starscream is a close 2nd. ;)

Thanks for the note about the new trailer coming. I'll keep my eyes posted though I haven't found the date yet.[/quote]

Yeah, the movie figures are all weird b/c the new head sculpts... Transformation-wise, i think the movie figures are okay. I don't collect the Titanium line, mainly b/c they are static models. Diecast is cool and all, but the details suck balls. I know the bigger ones transform, but still, they look pretty crappy to me.

Anyhow, the original ones almost always the coolest (hey, it's 20 years ago). Of course, the new TF lines are much much better in terms of transformation, articulation and presentation. With sooo many cool toys around, i only collect the ones i think it's cool. Bruticus is Combaticons combined... I love the original names, at one point i thought they were SAT type of words (and i use them in book reports and such).

Anyhow, the best original combiners IMO (in order of coolness) would be Predacons (Predaking), Airelbots (Superion), Combaticon (Bruticus), Seacons (??), Terrorcons (??), Constructicons (Devastator), Technobots (??), Stunticons (Menasor)... I still have them all, Menasor is the dullest of them, and it's missing Deadend too (i used two yellow racer for the arm).

This vid is amazing: Hacked Guitar Hero playing the theme from Transformers The Movie (80's animated one, not the new one)"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEGh8zDKCMc[/media]

How do you imbed vids? I thought there were options to do so, but when I choose go advanced, there's nothing. What am I missing?

Big thanks to LinkinPrime for info on how to put up the vid (I changed my options, so now I have the standard, as opposed to basic, editing options. Doh!)

bread's done
Back