10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Weaponizer Prime and Bee in full effect at Eagle Rock, CA Target. As well as restock of latest wave of TF Prime deluxes. Also grabbed an Ultra Magnus commander and some random BotShots. They've restocked on the BotShot 3-packs as well.

Yeah, on the Illinois boards on TFW there's been lots of talk about a toy section reset at most Targets. Hoping to score some new stuff after work!

Sadly for me Target's restocks are stuff I've already had for the past three weeks :cry:

Did you guys see the Dreadwing case ratio? One to a case with three more restocks... and one is yet another Optimus Prime.

I'm hoping that I'll be Able to get jazz on clearance...one day. I don't see the need to get Optimus again. The FOC figure to get is shockwave.

Saw FoC Shockwave at Target today and i just had to buy it, such a cool looking figure. Gotta pick up Jazz and Optimus later too.

[quote name='Vinny']I've fallen out of TFs but do any of you guys have an opinion on this? I know it's not out yet but any good previews on this figure?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MCPCZM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It seems really pricey...[/QUOTE]

It's a lot less pricey than importing it. Almost half the cost.

First thing you need to know (if you don't already) is that it's RotF Leader Prime with a new gun trailer.

After that, it's supposed to be more evocative of Optimus' trailer gun/backpack/thing in DotM. It's still not exactly what Optimus had in the movie, but it's closer than Ultimate Op. It's got a different deco than the Japanese release -- some think it's more gaudy, but I have a hard time criticizing Hasbro for putting on more paint.

Some people swear by them. I don't want one, as I already have a RotF Prime and I alternate between thinking it's awesome and thinking it's a fiddly POS. I'm not going to spend more for some BFGs, and having a representation of things in the movies is just not important to me.

I'd start by asking why you want it. In terms of value, it's decent (considering the alternative is double) and I think it's great that Hasbro and Amazon are teaming up to make these available here. That said, unless you really want that Jetwing attachment, it's a hard sell.

[quote name='blandstalker']It's a lot less pricey than importing it. Almost half the cost.

First thing you need to know (if you don't already) is that it's RotF Leader Prime with a new gun trailer.

After that, it's supposed to be more evocative of Optimus' trailer gun/backpack/thing in DotM. It's still not exactly what Optimus had in the movie, but it's closer than Ultimate Op. It's got a different deco than the Japanese release -- some think it's more gaudy, but I have a hard time criticizing Hasbro for putting on more paint.

Some people swear by them. I don't want one, as I already have a RotF Prime and I alternate between thinking it's awesome and thinking it's a fiddly POS. I'm not going to spend more for some BFGs, and having a representation of things in the movies is just not important to me.

I'd start by asking why you want it. In terms of value, it's decent (considering the alternative is double) and I think it's great that Hasbro and Amazon are teaming up to make these available here. That said, unless you really want that Jetwing attachment, it's a hard sell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Very helpful write up.

As for why I want it, it just looks pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the TF movies but I've always loved combiners and gestalts (especially since I always miss out on them).

This appears to the be the Japanese version blandstalker was talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-DA-15-Jetwing-Prime/dp/B0054XNQWC/ref=pd_sbs_t_3

Now that is expensive. I imported a Japanese version of Leader (a.k.a Buster) Prime using an Amazon GC I had earned as a work perk at my last job. It was the only way to make it worth the cost. The Japanese version had chromed out parts, better paint and that sweet (though easily breakable) buster gun made from his gas tanks.

Looking at the images from the Japanese Jetwing Prime, it looks like they may have dropped the chrome and some paint apps in order to add on that sweet jet pack. Not sure it's really worth the price though. Like blandstalker said, if you already have a Leader Prime, then it's a hard sell.

Well, I'm surprised--one that CAG hasn't been sending me updates on this thread (at least 10 posts since I checked in), but that no one has actually scored this yet:
photo-1.jpg

Found him at my TRU today along with Sky Shadow (whom I passed on, looks silly and weak in terms of transformation). Arguably the best bike transformation I've ever seen of any line. I posed him here in a Karate Kid crane kick to honor the Junkions love of pop culture. Highly poseable, and his blade weapon has a great simple trick going from a perfect circle embedded with a wheel to a pop-out blade like you see in the picture. It's clever how his legs are 66% of the bike and the engine block becomes the chest and neatly tucks his arms inside. I'd like to find his two brothers to have a complete Junkion army, but I won't hold my breath.

BTW, I ran into those Weaponizers also here in SoCal Sunday at my local Target but way too bulky for my shelves (but they were definitely under $40). I also ran into that Optimus Maximus at KMart (that hollowed-out PRID that holds nine commander-type figures). It's a neat mold, but again way too big and too silly a concept for me to bother getting.

Finally, I got my SDCC Cliffjumper last week, and I don't care what anyone says about him coming out later and cheaper--the packaging was worth the extra money. The fact you can stack the box mold head on top of the encompassing box to create a bust of Terrorcon CliffyJ is a heck of a thing to display on your shelf.

[quote name='Watchman']Well, I'm surprised--one that CAG hasn't been sending me updates on this thread (at least 10 posts since I checked in), but that no one has actually scored this yet:
[/QUOTE]

Isn't that Junkheap? My local TRU put out a bunch of Generations stuff out in the last week or so, figured they had an old case or something. Couple Junkheaps, Sergeant Kup, Wheeljack. Might've been another one. Picked up the 2 Junkheaps, since the robot mode can ride the bike mode.

They haven't gotten in the Fall of Cybertron figures in yet. I did see a couple at another TRU, but they're the expensive TRU, $16.49 each, so I passed.

Yeah they've released two of the Junkions that I know of and they're the same except for colors and heads. Cool feature you may not be aware of: they can ride each other. The robot mode fits perfectly on the alt mode and there's even a little peg to hold him on there I think.

I picked up the Wreck-Gar one that came out earlier (same mold with mustachioed head and yellow and brown coloring).

Got my Junkheap riding Wreck-Gar currently. Gonna switch em up soon though. If there was ever a time I was tempted to troop build, this was it. Junkions riding other Junkions has been a dream of mine ever since my cousin had the G1 Wreck-Gar and we found out you couldn't make them ride each other like in the movie.

If you do troop build, MaidenJapan (a user on TFW2005's boards) has custom parts (such as spikey wheel-shields like seen in the movie) to mix up the troops. I'm at work so can't link in pics/more details, but they're pretty cool.

All this Junkheap talk and I thought I was on the wrong page of the thread. Junkheap came out at least a year ago, maybe more. Because he was in the last wave of Generations he didn't hit hard, which seems to always happen with Hasbro and the last wave in a line. I found him a couple times and know he even made it to stores like Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx. And as far as Toys R Us, they are notorious for magically coming up with some mystery cases of long ago. Earlier this year one of the TRU's near me had a couple cases of Revenge of the Fallen deluxe magically appear

There has been a lot of Junk Heaps at all the TRUs.. I bought two of him. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get a wreck gar, so I bought two Junk Heaps so that one could ride the other.

Maybe I haven't transformed JH correctly but it seems one leg is shorter than the other.

Junk Heap's face looks just like Weird Al Yankovic... Everytime I see a Junkions I think about Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid" song.

For those looking for a Junkheap, I think Amazon has him about 12 or 13 bucks last I checked (considered buying a few for troops...). At work so can't check for sure though.

I stopped by Target on the way to work this morning on a whim and discovered Dreadwing and Ironhide Commanders. Both are pretty good looking in either mode, but I'd really like to see Dreadwing in a larger class. Their transformations are fairly clever, as I think we've been finding with these Commander guys. Each one comes with two weapons that can be pegged together to make one oversized weapon.

The front wheels on Ironhide are basically c-clamped on his biceps and tend to fall off during transformation. I also am not terribly fond of how the hood kibble just sorta hangs off his fore arms. My only complaint about Dreadwing is that he has no ankle joints so he looks rather stiff standing there among my decepticon kreons.

As for case ratio, there were two dreadwings, three or four ironhides, and a pile of primes, starscreams, and arcees on the pegs in this class. They also had a fair sprinkling of deluxes, but nothing I don't already have or have no interest in (stealth Bee, I'm talking about you). They did have one Voyager class Bulkhead hidden behind an army of primes, but I'm still not sure I want him.

Dreadwing is getting a voyager (or whatever PRID calls em). Still need to find the cyberverse commander for him. I agree about the transformation though, Ironhide had a really really unique transformation, though his legs have trouble staying together in alt mode.

Picked up Cyberverse Ironhide, Dreadwing and Ultra Magnus and Voyager Bulkhead at Target tonight. Also saw Cyberverse Nightwatch Optimus and Optimus Maximus (not the first time I've seen him) and Weaponizer Prime and Bumblebee.

If anyone still wants the first wave of kreo, I went to Costco today and they had two packs for 22 bucks. Megatron and sideswipe or starscream and prowl (or vice versa, I don't remember, but basically one large and one medium).

"Ultra Magnus, a cursory evaluation of product availability indicates a distinct market deficiency."
"In other words, Perceptor ..."
"We're outnumbered ... by Bumblebees."

TRU has B1G1 50% off all Transformers.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&kw=081212trans&view=all

Weekly ad on the web site shows it's in stores as well. Guessing it will stack with the $5 off coupon (it apparently worked with B1G1 50% off batteries).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326562

[quote name='Bloomy']"Ultra Magnus, a cursory evaluation of product availability indicates a distinct market deficiency."
"In other words, Perceptor ..."
"We're outnumbered ... by Bumblebees."[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha! Brilliant.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Doubt I'll find any of the handful of things I'm missing though.

Looking for some advice. I haven't been into the Transformers Toy game since growing up with the original 7 G1's and Animated series. I was out long before Beast Wars. But, my son loves construction vehicles and Transformers....see where I'm going with this? Devastator. I actually still have the original Constructicons, but not in great shape and my son is 3.

After doing some looking, I was surprised to see there are many different versions that have been released. Anyways, I was looking to pick up a version. He likes the original green ones, but I'm not looking to spend a lot. Any opinions? What about this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0T206G3308

Obviously, this is a dad/son toy. I would not just hand it to him and let him destroy it within seconds. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Actually I'd say that PowerCore Combiner you linked to would be good. The PCC's are 1 transforming robot and 4 "drones" that don't actually transform, but have spring-loaded automatic transformations into the feet/arms of the larger bot. They felt to me like they were aimed at a younger audiance, though I'd be afraid 3 is too young for them. The drones especially can take a bit of force to connect to the larger bot. I'd say it's ok for what you are looking for (dad/son toy).

If you want to get him something he can play with by himself, look into the rescue bots line, or gobots / fast action battlers (if online retailers have them in stock). These lines were all marketed at much younger groups with larger "clunky" figures with very simple transformations.

There are at least a couple of construction vehicle rescue bots. There was also a Devestator design from the second movie that had construction vehicles and wasn't too tough to transform, though that might be a bit hard to find.

If you just want something that transforms, I've actually found that Power Rangers Megazords (or the Japanese Super Sentai robots) are pretty good... they have more simplistic gestalt transformations but are usually pretty solid, even the Bandai America ones. My kid is currently fascinated by Gobuster Oh, which is a more complex Super Sentai mech but still really solid to play with.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Obviously, this is a dad/son toy. I would not just hand it to him and let him destroy it within seconds. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Of the Power Core Combiners, that is (I think) the best one. Steamhammer is well executed, the drones are interesting, and the Devastator is very nice.

There are two downsides. The first is that the drones don't transform. The second is that Steamhammer has a delicate section that snaps on very securely. I am not intimidated by many Transformers, but that one stood out to me as something to be careful with.

Other Devastators you might consider:

Energon Devastator -- The limbs are fairly simple and rugged. This version of Steamhammer is a little more fiddly and would probably be too difficult for a young child. Devastator is pretty good, but the 'hands' and 'feet' will fall off. That said, you should be able to find one for relatively cheap and they will be durable.

Legends Devastator -- There's a ROTF version which I think is way too complicated for a young child, but there's also a Classics version that is much simpler. Your son could transform it. Downsides are that the chest and butt pieces tend to fall off, but nothing major.

G1 Knockoffs -- There are lots of these. The downside is that QC is all over the map. I've had good ones that are cheaper but still decent, and ones that fell apart and broke if you looked at them funny.

OK, thanks for your advice. I will most likely either pick up the combiner from the link, or go with a G1 knockoff. Although, I must admit the Power Rangers stuff has intrigued me. I will have to start looking into that as well.

Did anyone watch collection Intervention, I saw the first one tonight. They had star wars collectors and a catwoman character collector on. I liked it. We also got Fall of Cybertron by UPS, I had bought it for my son's b-day. He beat it and is enjoying online.

[quote name='mickeyp']Did anyone watch collection Intervention, I saw the first one tonight. They had star wars collectors and a catwoman character collector on. I liked it. We also got Fall of Cybertron by UPS, I had bought it for my son's b-day. He beat it and is enjoying online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its a very interesting show. the second episode that aired this wk was about barbie/gijoe/hotwheels. tformers fans should tune in next wk because tformers will be showcased.

Season 3? Watched most of season 1, and none of 2. Were any new characters introduced in S2? (I guess spoiler wrap for those that would care, I mainly want to know what new toys we might expect if Hasblo decides to release them...)

[quote name='Blade3D']Is Bruticus from Fall of Cybertron being released? I thought I saw something about that...[/QUOTE]

I believe it comes out either October or November of this year. It's $60 and was available for preorder for a few weeks now (on Amazon).

[quote name='def PD']I believe it comes out either October or November of this year. It's $60 and was available for preorder for a few weeks now (on Amazon).[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, there are 3 variants that have been or will be released soon.

SDCC 2012 exclusive: all 5 figures with game accurate paint scheme. sells for about $250 on ebay.

Amazon exclusive: all 5 figures with G2 paint scheme. sold for $60 as you mentioned but not currently available for preorder.

Retail: the 5 figures ( Brawl, Blast-off, Swindle, Vortex and Onslaught) will be sold individually with a different paint scheme thats not entirely accurate to the game.

Been having an absolute blast with Fall of Cybertron. Got through chapter 6 of the campaign on hard last night, should be able to finish it up this weekend. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Was lucky enough to find FoC Shockwave at TRU last weekend when they had the B1G1 1/2 off sale. Paired him up with FoC Jazz and also got Prime Knockout and Dead End. Saw Shockwave at Walmart as well, but they had the deluxes marked up to $15.47.

Saw commercials for that Collection Intervention, but haven't watched it yet. I think it might hit a little to close to home. ;) Though if there will be Transformers next week, I may have to tune in.

My DVR guide says this week's new episode of Prime is still season 2, and the TF Wiki lists there are 5 more episodes to season 2 including tonight's.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Were any new characters introduced in S2? (I guess spoiler wrap for those that would care, I mainly want to know what new toys we might expect if Hasblo decides to release them...)[/QUOTE]

New characters introduced in season 2 so far (might not be all of them) :
Dreadwing (Skyquake's twin)
Insecticons
Seaspray was mentioned, don't remember if he was actually shown or just his ship
Nemesis Prime - MECH drone copy of Optimus
Based on sources in the continuity outside the show -
Trypticon - Megatron awakens the Decepticon ship using Dark Energon, doesn't transform, goes back into stasis

Cool beans Bloomy, thanks. For a show that should be focused on selling toys, I'm very surprised at that. And per that last spoiler in your spoiler, it's mentioned in the book Exodus, though I don't recommend anyone read that. It's "canon" but I thought it was boring as hell and fairly poorly written.

Oh its Season 2.5? Guess I lost track of how many episodes there were before the break.

I really hope they make the insecticon Hardshell into a toy, that one is awesome. Next Friday, looks like it'll be a flash-back episode with Cliffjumper and Shockwave!!!!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Toy Hunter on HD Net is also a pretty cool show.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will try this show.
I found Bulkhead Voyager for my son yesterday. I know people keep saying it is not so good, is it really bad and I should bring back or do you think my son will like it?

[quote name='Zmonkay']MP Thundercracker is showing up in TRU! (in Kansas at least...) Keep an eye out peeps![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='mickeyp']Thanks I will try this show.
I found Bulkhead Voyager for my son yesterday. I know people keep saying it is not so good, is it really bad and I should bring back or do you think my son will like it?[/QUOTE]

It's people comparing it to the (supposed, as I don't have it) glory of the FE fig that never got released in the US. It's not a bad figure at all imho. I personally really like it.

bread's done
Back