10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by Target this morning as I was early for work, and I noticed a new repaint of cyberverse Prime Arcee. Her name was Flamewar and according to her bio she's the arch nemesis of Arcee and has been studying her moves so as to kill her at the first opportunity. The repaint changes Arcee's two-tone blue to a darker purpley blue and adds orange flames to the front farings. In robot mode, Flamewar's chest is also orange. It looks like they gave her the weapon from cyberverse Vehicon which pegs onto the seat in alt mode (making a human or holographic rider impossible).

@Bloomy: based on your show summary above, can we expect to see Flameshot in the actual show maybe next season?

[quote name='Zmonkay']It's people comparing it to the (supposed, as I don't have it) glory of the FE fig that never got released in the US. It's not a bad figure at all imho. I personally really like it.[/QUOTE] Ok thanks, I was hoping it was something like that!

[quote name='demonchylde']@Bloomy: based on your show summary above, can we expect to see Flameshot in the actual show maybe next season?[/QUOTE]

No idea. Though I think it's more likely to see Ironhide / Kup and Rumble (i.e., new molds) than a repaint.

I had stopped in at my local TRU tonight, and they had a price tag on the shelf for Masterpiece Thundercracker. It had a green sticker on it, and an employee said that means they should get them in with Friday's shipment. Hopefully that means it'll be there if I stop in before work.

Friday? Ooooo baby, TRU here I come!

Also saw on TFW that BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth are both going to carry the First Edition figs along with TRU. Supposedly preorders go up September 1. Really curious how (not "if", but "how") overpriced they will be...

No luck at TRU this morning. They had restocked TFs, and there was a spot on the shelf about wide enough for the MP Thundercracker, but it wasn't in line with the price tag (which had the green sticker removed). Will try again tonight, as well as a different TRU along my commute. That other store usually has a 10% markup on everything, but I checked last night and they also had the green stickered tag at the $69.99 price.

Was figuring I'd get some kind of TRU coupon e-mail for the Labor Day weekend, and I did. However, it's "save $15 on your baby item purchase of $75 or more". Wonder if it will work. "This is for my 9 month old niece."

Found some Kre-o blind packs for the first time last night. Picked up six packs and only duplicated Waspinator. The only one I'm missing is Galvatron.

No luck at my TRU this morning. Had a white price tag and a slot (though not wide enough IMO) for MP Thundercracker, but no sign of him.

Shitty morning. Stopped by one TRU, had a shelf tag but no MP TC in stock. They said the TRU near my sis, who was coming to visit, had 4. She, being awesome, stopped by for me, but they said they must have come on the truck this morning, but the back room was too full and couldn't get to them (I understand how packed a back room on truck day can be from working retail, but it still sucks). Hopefully they won't be sold out by the time I get a chance to check back :(

[quote name='Havokscry']Found some Kre-o blind packs for the first time last night. Picked up six packs and only duplicated Waspinator. The only one I'm missing is Galvatron.[/QUOTE]

They're not really blind packs -- there are numbers on the front. They're down near the bottom on the front in black type. They're 0, 1, 2, and 7, 8, 9 (I think) -- I have no idea why the numbers aren't contiguous. Galvatron is 8. There's a guide here, but you only need to look at the last digit.

I think they're pretty neat. Some of the so-called transformations are lame, but the figures themselves are neat and they come with a bunch of parts. There's almost enough to make decent transformations -- I did a lot better with Scorponok -- but try as I might, Galvatron's 'vehicle' is a loser and there's no way to combine the parts well. The figure itself is worth it, though.

Called 2 in CT. Manchester had sold out by Fri afternoon and Newington didn't get their shipment. Going to North Haven after church to check for MP Thundercracker.

The guy at one of the stores I went to (that didn't have any) did say there were 300 in the warehouse for the online site, so eventually they should pop up there. IDK, 300 doesn't seem like that many...

[quote name='Zmonkay']The guy at one of the stores I went to (that didn't have any) did say there were 300 in the warehouse for the online site, so eventually they should pop up there. IDK, 300 doesn't seem like that many...[/QUOTE]

Those will be gone in like 10 to 20 minutes.

Hopefully I can get one, I have multiple friends scouting their stores at opening to snag one for themselves and for me (I can't make it to TRU at opening.)

If they come up empty handed, I'll just get one on eBay. I'm not in the mood to deal with TRU's exclusive BS and their bad distribution.

They overstock the hell out of exclusives no one wants and understock the ones that will be popular. The words "TRU Exclusive" to me just translate into headache.

By the way, Prime Deluxe Wave 5 has hit the US too -- the Kup and Rumble wave. I don't know if it was mentioned but Bot Shots Wave 4 and 5 have hit along with a ton of new Cyberverse figures.

[quote name='Zmonkay']It's people comparing it to the (supposed, as I don't have it) glory of the FE fig that never got released in the US. It's not a bad figure at all imho. I personally really like it.[/QUOTE]

There is zero reason to get the RID Bulkhead now unless you are a completist, since the FE re-release will most likely be the same price and is available from three different retailers (one in-store, two online).

BBTS is saying the FE Deluxes are going to hit in early December while the Voyagers will be late December.

I doubt they will be overpriced at BBTS at all -- their exclusive Dark Energon figures, even though they are sold as a set, break down to MSRP or very close to it. BBTS prices their own exclusives pretty reasonably... it's just other people's exclusives they charge a lot for.

Good point about BBTS prices. I still miss the glory days from, what was it, like 2003ish when I got nearly every Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars 2 fig clearanced to prices cheaper than they would have been domestically AND had 5.00 flat shipping regardless of order size :D

[quote name='blandstalker']They're not really blind packs -- there are numbers on the front. They're down near the bottom on the front in black type. They're 0, 1, 2, and 7, 8, 9 (I think) -- I have no idea why the numbers aren't contiguous. Galvatron is 8. There's a guide here, but you only need to look at the last digit.

I think they're pretty neat. Some of the so-called transformations are lame, but the figures themselves are neat and they come with a bunch of parts. There's almost enough to make decent transformations -- I did a lot better with Scorponok -- but try as I might, Galvatron's 'vehicle' is a loser and there's no way to combine the parts well. The figure itself is worth it, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Been picking up the larger sets on clearance. You made things so much easier and less expensive. :D

Demonchylde mentioned it in the Lego thread, but figured I would mention it here as well. Saw these in the Christmas/toy section of Costco (yes, they have it up already :roll:). Apparently there is another $21.99 double pack of Megatron and Sideswipe, but I didn't see that one.

Outside of that, check for discount peel 'n save stickers on various new Kreon sets for $5 off $15 Kreon purchase.

D4822E55-31B2-42C0-A9AD-F5D04EBA3215-93-00000001AE799B4D.jpg

No luck yet with Thundercracker. Hope I get lucky tomorrow, though, because TRU e-mailed me a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon that's only good tomorrow.

I did find the Kreons at TRU. Picked up the 6 of them, glad the product number on the bag identifies them.

Was glad to see Comcast added the Hub HD to my channel lineup. Can't wait for Friday's episode.

[quote name='Zmonkay']God dammit! So apparently TC went live on TRU.com briefly yesterday morning. sigh.[/QUOTE]

Yep, for about four hours from 5 am - 9 am EST. It went up during the 20% off sale so it was only $55.99 with free shipping to boot.

However, none of the orders have shipped yet and some people even got backorder emails.

I have an order in, it has an estimated delivery date and no backorder email, but it has yet to ship -- it's still "located in stock."

ETA: It just shipped! What a relief.

[quote name='prim4444']During week of 9/16, Toys R Us will be doing Buy 2 get 3rd free on all Transformers figures.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice to get 3 Thundercrackers, but fat chance of them being in stock...

[quote name='karkyco']Would be nice to get 3 Thundercrackers, but fat chance of them being in stock...[/QUOTE]

I'll settle for one. Went to TRU today to see if I could use their $10 off $50 coupon, but not even a shelf tag for Thundercracker and nothing else that would make the coupon worthwhile.

I liked TRU exclusives in Canada since my local store actually got them. More than once. This sucks.

I found arachnid and skyquake Cyberverse Commander at Walmart the other day. I was happy as I was not expecting anything new to be there.

TC was in stock as of 7 central. he was OOS by 7:05 central when I tried to check out (shitty router, lost internet connection, then was OOS) :(

[quote name='prim4444']During week of 9/16, Toys R Us will be doing Buy 2 get 3rd free on all Transformers figures.[/QUOTE]

i'll be picking up FoC optimus, jazz and shockwave if theyre all in stock. ten bucks per figure sounds a lot better than the usual 14.99.

Lucked into an Airachnid at Target today -- the only one there. Now I just need a Vehicon or two and I'll be in good shape.

Stopped by TRU. They now had a shelf tag for MP Thundercracker, but nothing but the tag. This TRU has signs all over the place "Can't find it? We'll help you!" I thought, well, we'll see about that.

I brought the shelf tag to the front. To the employee's credit, she searched nearby stores, the system, and the website. Of course there was nothing. There might be one at a store an hour away, but I can't swing that.

You know, the TRU exclusives only seem to get harder to find and you'd think they'd do something about that. You'd think.

All the local TRU's near me sell out instantly. It's rediculous.

mickeyp! You fool! Nooooo! (JK, but I'm crazy jelous you've even seen one). Your soon will love it once he gets a bit older!

[quote name='blandstalker']
You know, the TRU exclusives only seem to get harder to find and you'd think they'd do something about that. You'd think.[/QUOTE]

They don't care as long as they keep selling out. That's why they only keep listing a little on the website at a time, so people order it ASAP instead of going "Meh, there is a lot in stock, I'll just get him eventually."

The exclusives they do these tactics on sell out extremely fast... the ones they don't do it on, like those Star Wars Episode 1 pilots, just rot on the shelf.

Remember, TRU isn't in this for the fans or the toys, they are in this for the money and as much as this method sucks for the fans, it gets people continuously buying as soon as they see one. At least they didn't limit this to 30,000 pieces total like their Star Wars and Marvel Universe exclusives (which were just as much, if not, more of a pain in the ass to get for me... Marvel Universe doesn't have big communities like TF.)

I just don't want to miss out on the Masterpiece Optimus Prime... and I want to get some of the other War for Cybertron figures.

Sideswipe (MP-12) and Soundwave (MP-13) are next for Japan, expected in December. The Prime is a TRU exclusive release of MP-10, which is a new mold of Prime that comes with the transforming trailer, Roller and a Spike figure. It's expected to be out in the coming months.

[quote name='Bloomy']Sideswipe (MP-12) and Soundwave (MP-13) are next for Japan, expected in December. The Prime is a TRU exclusive release of MP-10, which is a new mold of Prime that comes with the transforming trailer, Roller and a Spike figure. It's expected to be out in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info.

I hadn't forgot about Red, I just thought Sideswipe and Soundwave were getting released at about the same time in December, with Red Alert a little later. After looking around, it looks like Sideswipe is coming first (in October) with Soundwave and Red Alert in December.

So, had to go out today. I was reasonably in the area, so decided to stop by Toys R Us again, just in case. The thought occurred to me that they may have put the shelf tag out in advance.

Turned the corner into the TF aisle and braced for the inevitable nothing new, and there was...something. It was MP Thundercracker. Only one, at the very back of the shelf. I picked it up, just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. It was real.

I have heard that there should be greater quantity next month, as this is kind of a test run to check demand. I hope that's the case, as it was sheer luck and timing for me.

Oh man I really hope there's more stock next month. IDK how long we can reasonably expect these to get restocked. It's already been a couple weeks with all my stores either not getting any in or selling out instantaneously when they do.

[quote name='Bloomy']Sideswipe (MP-12) and Soundwave (MP-13) are next for Japan, expected in December. The Prime is a TRU exclusive release of MP-10, which is a new mold of Prime that comes with the transforming trailer, Roller and a Spike figure. It's expected to be out in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

You seem to know your stuff so I would like to ask some questions. I would like to solely collect this masterpiece line. I looked the line up on wikipedia and see that there are 14 or so out already and several versions of some. I am confused on the "japan" releases. Will the us not be getting these? Are the japan releases part of the set if i only wanted to collect this line. If so, how do I buy them? Is there a website you would recommened would be good to get up to date info? Thank you for your help. Will prime be out before xmas?

As for the Japanese releases, most of them make there way here eventually, but not all have done so and sometimes they are changed.

The US has seen:

• 2 releases of the original Masterpiece Optimus Prime
  • Masterpiece Starscream
  • Masterpiece Skywarp (same mold)
  • Masterpiece Grimlock
  • Masterpiece Rodimus
  • Masterpiece Thundercracker (new Japanese Starscream mold)

The US will see:

• the new Optimus Prime mold later this year, probably before xmas

The US has not seen:

• Masterpiece Megatron
  • Masterpiece Sunstorm (recolor of new Starscream mold)
  • any of the other Prime/old Starscream/Rodimus recolors
As for Soundwave, Red Alert, and Sideswipe, probably. It can take a year before they're even announced for the US, much less available. Japan always gets the releases first, but they also tend to cost quite a bit more. Unfortunately, we may not see all three, and I doubt you'll see MP Sunstorm here, unless it's through someone like BBTS.

If you want to collect the line, I would start by figuring out what is meaningful to you. You could collect everything. You could collect only US releases. Or you could pick and choose.

You should know that there are sometimes significant differences between US and Japanese releases. MP Rodimus is the best example -- his original Japanese release had the trailer, but Rodimus was so flawed that they re-released it in Japan. Then, the US got its own version that fixed the original flaws but did not contain the trailer and had lots of little changes due to cost-cutting that ended up introducing new flaws.

What you should do about that depends on what's important to you. If you want the best Transformer regardless of cost, go for the second Japanese release or the black recolor. If you don't mind having a Rodimus statue, don't care about the trailer, or cost is an issue, go for the US release. Or skip it entirely as an idea that was nice in theory but problematic in execution.

You should also know that Takara seems to be going for a new scale. Starting with the new Prime, everything is a bit smaller. The old Prime mold is bigger and heavier, with diecast. The new one is generally thought of as better design, but smaller and lighter. It has a trailer. But if scale is an issue for you, you probably want to start with that mold and the new Starscream and forget about the earlier stuff. Lots of people think it's only a matter of time before they redesign Megatron, and that's a polarizing figure. I like it, but many are scared to transform it.

I'm of the 'collect what you like' school. I have the original MP prime, a clear Starscream (Japanese), US Skywarp, US Grimlock, Japanese Megatron, US Rodimus, and US Thundercracker. I will almost certainly get the new Prime and will probably wait for domestic Soundwave and crew. I go back and forth with them.

Of those, I'm only really disappointed in Rodimus because I think Hasbro cheaped out too much and turned it into a timebomb. But it's not like the Japanese one was perfect -- lots of people bought the first release and spent a hefty wad of cash on something that broke almost immediately.

For pure information, TFW or seibertron are good sites. For retailers, BBTS and TFSource have been around forever and are quite reliable. There are other good retailers, too.

[quote name='Watchman']I just wish I knew the exact time of Optimus's MP re-release. If there's only one figure I can get for the rest of the year, it's him.[/QUOTE]

The last I heard (which may be out of date) is that it will be a multi-retailer release, meaning you should be able to find it at TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.

To me, that pretty much says before Christmas, as I would imagine that's when the retailers would want an item at that price point for maximum sales. So my crystal ball would say it starts appearing in October, with maximum availability in November.

Glad to have gotten Rodimus at all, but still a bit miffed about missing out on the winebego trailer for the true Hot Rod/Rodimus idea.

A fraction of the cost of Japanese Rodimus though, so not complaining too much.

I could use some advice from TF collectors.

I lost my job recently and have decided to part with a few things.
I've got a large tub full of G1 TF's that I bubblewrapped and put away approx 25 years ago. They are played with but I was always gentle with my toys because I didn't get new ones often (hence bubblewrap). So I should have all accessories, file cards, advertisements, etc.. Just no boxes.

I could throw them up on ebay but would that be the wisest decision or would a TF collector site be better? I know there are probably price guides but usually price guides on collectibles are inflated and the appraised value doesn't necessarily equal resale value. Is there a price guide that is a good judge of what I might actually get for the TF's? I don't want to list a complete G1 Optimus for $10 if he's worth $50.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='blandstalker']The last I heard (which may be out of date) is that it will be a multi-retailer release, meaning you should be able to find it at TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.

To me, that pretty much says before Christmas, as I would imagine that's when the retailers would want an item at that price point for maximum sales. So my crystal ball would say it starts appearing in October, with maximum availability in November.[/QUOTE]

MP Prime is a TRU exclusive. The little place card at Comic Con said Nov 2012 release but it started hitting Asia about a month ago so it could really start hitting the US any time now but I am betting they'll wait for MP Thundercracker to sell out as two MP's on the shelf at the same time takes up space

So are TFs definitely buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R Us starting tomorrow through next Saturday? I was going togo look for MP Thundercracker today, but if the sale starts tomorrow I'll just wait.

bread's done
Back