10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally went to see the new movie with my son!  It was good.  we went to TRU right after and we found voyager Hound-which seems like a nice transformer.  I did not see too many deluxe size or voyager size AOE toys.  The hound i got was the only one.  I saw 2 optimus prime evasion, and many grimlocks.  We saw only 2 deluxe dinobots.  One deluxe bumblebee, that is all.  

Has anybody seem the Evasion Mode Prime and Grimlock Platinum two-pack anywhere for sale? I' think it was supposed to be a shared exclusive with BBTS or it was supposed to be a TRU exclusive. Haven't seen or heard anything about a US release....

No, we mean Strafe...whatever the big Dinobot who should be named Swoop is named. I'm not sure if Hasbro lost the trademarks, can't get them back, or just changed most of the Dinobot names to be contrary.

Swafe is the big blue guy with two heads who, for whatever reason, doesn't have hands that fold in, even though it is extremely stupid that they don't. I still don't get that one.
An interview with hasbro said that they thought fans would freak if they called him swoop because of his two heads, so they decided to use strafe since the name hasn't been used in a while

An interview with hasbro said that they thought fans would freak if they called him swoop because of his two heads, so they decided to use strafe since the name hasn't been used in a while
And the reason for "Slug" is....? And "Scorn" and "Slash"? To say nothing of "Strafe" being an actual G1 name that has nothing in common with the two headed monstrosity except that it flies.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that they think we'd be fine with knight helmets and elf shoes, but a second head is just too much to process. It's more likely a trademark thing or they are just f'ing with us.

I don't know much about Transformers figures but I was wondering if anyone had any opinion of the MP-11 Starscream. I was going to get one off of eBay because the coronation outfit is pretty awesome. Looking around online there is the original then a Asian re-release and now they are re-releasing again next year.

Youtube videos say the Asian version is better than the original Japanese release. Would the re-release coming to Japan next March be pretty much the same as the Asian version?

I don't know much about Transformers figures. The only things I have on display are some busts/statues and one random big figure I got before - nothing pricey like these figures. It kind of reminds me when I was into the Gundam models for a while - they got expensive quick.

And the reason for "Slug" is....? And "Scorn" and "Slash"? To say nothing of "Strafe" being an actual G1 name that has nothing in common with the two headed monstrosity except that it flies.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that they think we'd be fine with knight helmets and elf shoes, but a second head is just too much to process. It's more likely a trademark thing or they are just f'ing with us.
Slug is because of the Brits!

Has anybody seem the Evasion Mode Prime and Grimlock Platinum two-pack anywhere for sale? I' think it was supposed to be a shared exclusive with BBTS or it was supposed to be a TRU exclusive. Haven't seen or heard anything about a US release....
I have seen the Grimlock two pack at both Targets near me.

I have seen the Grimlock two pack at both Targets near me.
Yeah that's not it...here's Target's:

http://www.target.com/p/transformers-age-of-extinction-silver-knight-optimus-prime-and-grimlock-figures/-/A-15063370#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=optimus+grimlock

It's the one that Sepiroth posted.... the one that comes with the "classic (G1) trailer" prime.

------------------

I really dig the KidsLogic figures...I so want this one:

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Man are they pricey though...hoping to find one under $100.

It looks like it is going to get confusing fast, as Hasbro is going to be pumping out repaints of practically everything.

It kind of pisses me off that they are farting out product with crappy paintjobs, only to later release things with the paintjobs they should have had all along.  I don't have the patience to figure out which ones will get repaints and then tracking down what are bound to be store exclusives in some cases.

Picked up Slash for $10 at Target.  The colors are awful.  The raptor mode is pretty sweet, although it is almost as large as Voyager Grimlock.  Still, I am not going to complain about a figure being too big.

I am not wild about the amount of soft plastic, and I am really not wild about some of the ball joints, which seem designed to pop out.  The dino arms are particularly bad, and the 'ball' part is a different shape which seems to make it want to pop out more than usual, especially since there's a lot going on in that area with regards to the transformation.

I am fond of Slash because it is so not the typical "stand up to transform" that similar creatures have been.  The sides rotate and click satisfyingly in both modes, the legs become arms, but not in a lazy fashion, and the head splits to become legs.  The robot is a little top heavy, but it's extremely clever.  The arms are hefty, and the beast claws fold and rotate around to become claw weapons in a slick way.

The thing I am really not wild about are the feathery bits that just interfere around the torso.  They don't look good in either mode and just hang awkwardly.  There's a fix for this by switching the thighs, which looks good in robot mode but kind of sucks in dino mode.

Anyway, I like it and I was going to pass on this because I thought it would be too simplistic.  I wish it were in a different color scheme and didn't have so many goofy bits, but the modes are actually quite nice and the transformation is surprising. 

I keep looking at Toys r us and Target and can't find too many transformers deluxe AOE toys 8+ I only found crosshairs i bought him.  Slug i found but did not buy.  I also found Hound and bought but only saw him that one time.  I want to get drift and maybe some others for my son's bday coming up Aug.1  Is it because of resets at stores or are the stores not ordering?

Target has some CARTWHEEL coupons for 20% off some of the newer Transformers.  Power Attackers and Voyager 2-in-1

The Kreon AOE Wave 2 are going to be true blind bags now. No code on the back. This sucks cause they don't have as easily identifiable pieces as LEGO does so it's going to be hard to feel them up.

The Kreon AOE Wave 2 are going to be true blind bags now. No code on the back. This sucks cause they don't have as easily identifiable pieces as LEGO does so it's going to be hard to feel them up.
Aaaannnddd, now I'm done with Kre-O.

Seriously, this will make me go from buying a full set each time to zero. I am not even going to try to feel up the bags like I do for Lego because Kreons have too many repeated parts and that extra bag and thick instructions.

Looking at responses on tfw, looks like Hasbro is going to lose far more sales then they are going to gain. Way to ruin the one good thing about the Kre-O line.

I keep looking at Toys r us and Target and can't find too many transformers deluxe AOE toys 8+ I only found crosshairs i bought him. Slug i found but did not buy. I also found Hound and bought but only saw him that one time. I want to get drift and maybe some others for my son's bday coming up Aug.1 Is it because of resets at stores or are the stores not ordering?
TFW has an interesting article on this subject. I disagree with the article itself, as it seems to be a bunch of opinion backed up by very little in the way of facts. The comments on the article are interesting, and are in line with what I have been thinking: the actual, regular Transformers products are doing pretty well, and it's all the one-step, fast-battling, snotformers that are not moving.

Hasbro's very similar packaging doesn't seem to be fooling consumers, but it is messing up store workers, who seem to throw them all together. This will influence reordering and stocking.

Hasbro also continues to be its own worst enemy. At every store I go to, I see a ton of Rhinox and Whirl. They're good figures, but way too many of them. I also see tons and tons of the Scoop/Minicon Team/Armada Starscream wave. This would have been a really obvious time to send some more of the Waspinator/Skids wave, which never made it to this coast, or something else. There are also way, way too many Optimus/Grimlock Voyagers, and yes -- I get they are the major characters -- but we see this every time. Hound and Galvatron (I've never seen him) sell out in an instant, and the others clog the shelves.

We see distribution problems with every line. When is Hasbro going to get its act together?

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but current Target Cartwheel app promos are 30% off their Grimlock/Optimus 2 pk, 25% off movie voyager and 20% off power attackers, all expire Jul 26. If you have a Target RedCard you can get an additional 5% off of course

I may have came late to the game. I ended up at the hospital for a few days and been recovering. Long story short it has been hard ro track down any of the age of extinction voyager, and deluxe class. I was able to order leader class grimlock and prime. I would like to pick up voyager hound (but out of stock in my stores 10mile radius). I'm
considering pre ordering drift voyager class from amazon (although dissapointed its bot mode is a helicopter and not vehicle). Im proposing we help each other in getting some of the toys were in search of. Perhaps, trade? Or a small fee for gas or troubles? just throwing it out there. Those one step changers for age of extinction there are plenty, but they look terrible. Sorry for the long rant.

considering pre orderinh voyager dridt

Umm what specifically are you looking for? AOE figures are generally clogging pegs and shelves everywhere. Every store I got to all have the same crap. The only stuff that's scarce are voyager Hound (personally seen once) and Galvatron (seen twice) but that's due to shipping and case assortments. When wave 2 distributes more evenly they'll be everywhere. If you are really desperate you can always rely on HasbroToyShop, probably have a shipping promo for Comic Con, BBTS, Robot Kingdom, etc. But like I said these are clogging retail everywhere and are going to be th centerpiece of the line through the holiday season so there's really no reason to panic

Oh and deluxe Drift is his car mode, voyager is helicopter

It may be a little hard to find some Deluxes now, but they're out there.  I'll agree with El Rey -- it's impossible to find Galvatron or Hound right now, but I wouldn't go crazy.  I got mine off HasbroToyShop.com (they are out of stock now) but there's one on Amazon for a little above MSRP. 

I wouldn't pay that, though.  I would just wait.  I've been able to find everything except Galvatron (which I don't know if I want or not) and on sale to boot.  Hasbro always does this with their movie toys, and they eventually get out there.  I'd only worry if it were Generations and holy crap is some awesome stuff coming down the pike: Brainstorm, Arcee, Chromia. 

Voyager Drift is also a remold of DotM Skyhammer.  That's a great mold.

Are waspinator and ratrap still coming out?
Rattrap and Tankor are still coming and not out yet. I had read before that Waspinator would show up again in a later assortment, but who knows anymore. I can't find it . A remold/repaint of Skids is supposed to be coming, too, though I'm not sure if that's in AoE or Generations.

Ratrrap and Tankor were found at Target in California today. I'm not aware of Waspinator being shipped again, he wasnt over saturated when originally released but I did see him in decent numbers. Skids is supposed to be rereleased, not sure of any repaint unless it's a movie repaint (rollbar, rally car from movie)

So much great news coming from Comic Con. Hasbro is making a full effort to bring me back into the fold. Can't wait!. 

Info from the team at SDCC...
- Motormaster is the Voyager Optimus Prime shown at Botcon
- Asked about G1 Episodes Masquerade and Hasbro rep gave a sly smile
- Each combiner comes with a Legends figure. Superion has Powerglide and Menasor Chest car is also an unnamed Legends figure

SDCC Panel from TFW

Combiner limbs are deluxes. Torso is voyager.
watched a minute clip of the new cartoon. Best way I can describe it is Prime meets Animated.
Movie exclusives.
Walmart Bumblebee and Stinger scene pack. pre-orders available at show
PLatinum edition silver optimus prime at target
Target - AoE extinction pack
MP Grimlock - working to get more out soon.
New Generations now 2015
Superion and Menasor shown.
"Combiner Wars"
Combiners 100% interchangable
Superion teased as 6 bots (Powerglide forms the gun)
Deluxe wave 1 is Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo (slingshot),Dragstrip
Wave 2 is Air Raid, Dead End, Breakdown, Offroad (Wildrider) ... hes an off road truck
Voyager wave 1 Silverbolt.
Optimus Prime Combiner
Wave 2 is Motermaster
The entire them of 2015 is combiner wars. Deluxes and voyagers will all be combinable in 2015.
RID Preview
It is in continuity to Prime, but not IMMEDIATELY after Prime.
RiD will have more humor. airs next year
MP BW DInobot? No plans
Plans to revisit old Prime cast in RID cartoon.

Got Tankor and Ratrap from BBTS and while Tankor is mediocre incarnate, Ratrap is friggin brilliant.  I really hope they get a wide release soon because everyone should have Ratrap in their collection.

Also super pumped for the year of Combiners!  LOVE me some combiners.  The shitty Prime shown at Botcon makes sense now, as he was really more of a repaint/retool of Motormaster and "suffers" by being a Combiner central body.  Gonna pass on him and only get Motormaster though.

Even better is that none of the limbs thus far are repaints!  There will probably be repaints down the road (the new helicopter Airealbot is a likely repaint for the helicoptor Protectobot) but glad to see it's not like Energon's scramble city where each team really only had 2 unique limbs.

Mamg hasbro is at it again in making it impossible to track down individual figures. I was trying to track down galvatron and hound voyager class. I was informed by target employee they are shipped in 6 to a box with same dpci, item number. What a terrible organization system on hasbro's part. I found a grimlock that was in a big box, is that the famous MP Grimlock, a few mentioned? I dont know if it is the one i saw.

Screwed up case assortments and distributing is always a common hasbro problem especially during movie lines.
MP grimlock is a TRU exclusive and it would say Masterpiece on it. Also, those really haven't been spotted in months

Thanks El Rey for your insight. I just want voyager houd and galvatron. May have to pay those extra dollars and go through amazon,
Don't do it. DOTM was nothing but Voyager Optimus and Megatron for what seemed like forever, but Shockwave and Skyhammer were everywhere, eventually. It just took some time.

Plus, Hound is getting a better color scheme thanks to TRU, if you want to put up with their BS and don't mind buying the five pack.

Hmmm, I am usually with Blandstalker as far as saying to wait for retail for things to show up but knowing how Hasbro can f-ck distributing up especially during movies lines I might say if you see a really good deal online, take advantage. With that said, Toys R Us is having Buy one get one half off sale this week so if you take time out to hit the store you may find a good deal. The other thing is that stores might start replenishing stock after their summer/back to school resets which will be mid-late August.

Thanks blandstalker and el rey. You guys give some great advice. Why buy the figure when there will be a repaint. i wish i would have kept most of my toys in their boxes, probably worth a lot more. Also, dam dust, any advice for properly cleaning toys? Dam collectors in my area buying up the stock. Had this encounter with every transformers movie line.

Modern movies toys aren't worth a lot unless they were exclusive, hard to find, limited repaints, retools, etc. For example I bought a Revenge of the Fallen Bruticus combiner, which was a Target exclusive, for $7.48 on clearance (75% off) and sold it (was MISB) for almost $300 on ebay in 2011.  But stuff like that is the exception. Mass retail release figures can be found rather cheap on ebay, craigslist, forum boards, etc.

If you are talking G1 stuff that you have, theres always a market for that whether its still MIB or opened. If it's in good condition someone will buy. Even if its not in overall good condition someone may buy it for parts.

G1 reissues can go for decent money depending on the figure. Same with Classics/Universe/Generations figures, especially exclusives (Skywarp, Ultra Magnus). Of course Masterpiece figures, because they are so limited, can fetch a pretty penny. Figures that hit in low numbers and never see broad release can go for good money. Scout class (Reveal the Shield I believe) Windcharger only hit in limited numbers (always happens when they switch from movie line or animated line to classics, generations, etc, or a line or figure is "canceled") reports at that time showed that Windcharger was hittinf Ross, Marshalls, etc. for $4.99 (couple bucks cheaper than what MSRP mass release would've been) then they went for $30 - $40 on ebay. 

As far as cleaning, I just went through a lot of my collection in recent weeks. For items that were dusty I just ran them under some lukewarm water, used the sink hose, and set them out to air dry on a towel.

I don't think its collectors in your area buying up everything movie related. The only things being scooped up are thing being shipped in low case number assortments.(Hound, Galvatron) But again it comes back to distribution problems and right now its in combination with stores doing summer resets. Everywhere I go, and what I hear from fellow collectors her in California, even deluxe figures are in low quantity. A lot of the other crap, the one step, easy changers (look almost identical to movie deluxe), stuff marketed to kids, just clogs pegs. Right now the last deluxe wave of Generations seem to be shipping and inexplicably the Fall of Cybertron, legend class "cassettes". I think Hasbro may have been playing things a bit safer with movie distribution this time around based on the failings of Dark of the Moon.

I get what your saying. I guess certain figures are worth more. Kinda wish i picked up a few more dark of the moon figures. I will be passing these downs to my nephews. Thanks for giving me advice to remove dust from toys.

Speculation is on Wednsday since that's when they went live last year.
Well, that was a waste. I stayed home for several hours today and nothing. The only consolation is that whatever my experience was, I'm sure the people who had to deal with Hasbro at Comicon had it way worse.

Tomorrow, I guess?

I'm interested in the kreo and dinobots set. But still undecided if I'll get the dinobots set though cause of the price but the g1 colors are sure pretty.

The Dinobots are pretty and that folding Ark is amazing.  But the price is over double what they regularly cost.  That's outrageous.  And you still have to spring for the last one at a premium.  Really?

Also, they are Dinobots and they now look G1, but they're not.  They're movie toys.  Most of them are better than I thought they would be, but the pretty colors have not made them twice as good.

I feel the same way about the Sons of Unicron, although they are more goofy than pretty.  But they're also outrageously priced and for molds that have been done to death.

The Kreo set interests me but just don't want to spend that much at the moment. Maybe it won't sell that well and will end up at Ross/Marshalls/etc like some SDCC sets in the past had.

I would advise folks to be cautious when ordering if you are about packaging/display. A buddy of mine posted pics of his Dinobot set yesterday and FedEx absolutely mangled it.

The Dinobots are pretty and that folding Ark is amazing. But the price is over double what they regularly cost. That's outrageous. And you still have to spring for the last one at a premium. Really?

Also, they are Dinobots and they now look G1, but they're not. They're movie toys. Most of them are better than I thought they would be, but the pretty colors have not made them twice as good.

I feel the same way about the Sons of Unicron, although they are more goofy than pretty. But they're also outrageously priced and for molds that have been done to death.
Yea, the Ark is awesome, but I just can't see paying like $200 when I don't find the toys themselves to be all that great.

bread's done
Back