10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bubbamel']Thanks for that. I had the G2 Bruticus pre-ordered at Amazon, and I accidentally cancelled the order... I know I know.[/QUOTE]

You can still preorder it through BBTS for $60.

[quote name='blandstalker']
I can also stop checking HasbroToyShop, which can't keep things in stock and hasn't had Vehicon. Right now, they have Airachnid and Kup (but no Rumble or, of course, Vehicon). [/QUOTE]

I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but they've stocked Vehicon on two separate occasions and while he only lasted 20 minutes or so the first time, the second time he lasted a couple of hours... and that's with a 2 per shipment limit. I know this because I actually debated getting a second one but didn't want to pay the shipping.

They had Rumble for a few hours too before he sold out.

HTS is just like any other store -- they have to buy their stock from Hasbro. They just recently made the change back to selling single figures but they aren't going to keep replenishing the one per case figures until the virtual pegwarmers sell since they have to buy cases, same as any other retailer.

I'm just grateful they went back to single figures, because the only other option to get Rumble is to go to BBTS who wants $20 per figure and you have to buy Kup.

The solution here is, if you're not already a member of one, is to join a Transformers community, preferably TFW for the large member base. I got sick of coming up empty at retail too so I just networked with a large group of collectors in my area and have had no problem finding the figures I want at retail now. Voyager Dreadwing, Cyberverse Skyquake and the new Bulkhead and all the new Legion figures were obtained through network connections posting sightings and giving a heads up. I got my MP TC, MP Prime, and GDO Scouts (I've had the deluxes for months) all by a local member letting me know the TRU website had some... same with the Rumble and Vehicon on HTS. However, I could have gotten MP TC multiple times at this point at retail just from connecting with other fans in my area.

At this point, unless you live in an area with hardly any collectors, trying to hunt for these by yourself is impossible unless you have tons of time to burn hitting up stores asap when they open. You gotta network with other collectors, it's the only way to get an edge.

Distribution still sucks -- no one I know locally has seen Kup or Rumble, but people are still buying extras of what they do see and still letting others know when they hit online. Scalpers are still a problem, but they can't be everywhere at once, while the local people I know are so spread out we can be.

This CAG thread is nice and all, but if you're serious about collecting you gotta get out there and hit up a dedicated forum and start networking with other collectors. Its really the only way to stay ahead. Or just say fuck it and preorder everything the minute it hits BBTS like I still do. I've got the entire next wave of Prime Voyagers and FOC Deluxes preordered, even with local friends I'm not dealing with Christmas crowds for these. It's through this combination that allows me to still enjoy the hobby... I was in your shoes a few months ago too.

The other option is to go the Takara route and get your figures that way, though some people don't like the stickers. The microns are cool as hell, though. And with the amount of exclusives Takara is doing, if you're a Prime fan you need Takara to get a full collection. Can't wait for Unicron, Ironhide, Thundercracker and Nemesis Prime.

As an aside Blandstalker, aren't you in Canada? From what I've seen elsewhere, Canada gets screwed to an extreme when it comes to Transformers distribution for some reason.

Oh, and since someone mentioned Hearts of Steel, MMC's Awakening figure is amazing. Just got mine the other day, it truly is a work of art and well worth what I spent for it.

Masterpiece Prime is hitting stores now. Stores are getting an initial shipment of 1 case (2 pieces) Warehouses are showing stock of between 400 -600 and pending orders in the thousands so that could be a good sign.

Success! My local TRU had 5 MP Thundercrackers. Picked out the one with the least shelf wear. Really wish I had found them last week with the B2G1F. Also a bit ticked at myself for forgetting to print out a coupon I got from TRU, save $10 off a $75 purchase / $20 off $125 / $30 off $175 before leaving work. (Actually got 2 of them, one from TRU, another from Babies R Us, with different codes.) Would've bought a second and seriously considered a third.

A worker there has a 3DS they leave on during their shift, I've gotten a Mii on my 3DS up to level 5 from my TC checks. Didn't get a tag tonight, though.

Watching the G1 movie on the Hub.

[quote name='animalspinners']I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but they've stocked Vehicon on two separate occasions and while he only lasted 20 minutes or so the first time, the second time he lasted a couple of hours... and that's with a 2 per shipment limit. I know this because I actually debated getting a second one but didn't want to pay the shipping.

They had Rumble for a few hours too before he sold out.[/quote]

A couple of hours. You'll pardon me if I don't applaud.

If you can't stock your product for any reasonable amount of time -- like days or weeks -- then you might as well hold a lottery. It's just more gambling, this time based on whether you happen to be online, available, and paying attention at the right time.

It's stupid enough for things like the SDCC exclusives. but at least there perceived rareness and exclusiveness is part of the point. It's unconscionably moronic for a general release product. When it's easier to play the stock market than order a plastic robot, there's something really wrong with your business model.

[quote name='animalspinners']HTS is just like any other store -- they have to buy th7eir stock from Hasbro. They just recently made the change back to selling single figures but they aren't going to keep replenishing the one per case figures until the virtual pegwarmers sell since they have to buy cases, same as any other retailer.[/quote]

Which is bullshit. It still comes down to Hasbro making consumer-unfriendly decisions and designing it so their product is unavailable. That HTS and Hasbro are different entities should make no difference -- certainly not to the consumer.

Again, Lego sells their entire line from their website. It can be done. At the end of the day, it's a choice and an attitude. Do you want to make your product available to the consumer or do you want to play inane games at manipulating the collectability of/demand for your product.

All of the reasons for case assortment/shortpacking/balancing go away for an online store that is an arm of the manufacturer, where supply and demand can be met and measured and responded to in realtime. It is not that hard.

[quote name='animalspinners']As an aside Blandstalker, aren't you in Canada? From what I've seen elsewhere, Canada gets screwed to an extreme 1when it comes to Transformers distribution for some reason. [/quote]

I was. I'm back now. Canada is its own special place when it comes to Transformers. Where I was, it was actually easier because TRU was (mostly) well stocked and had frequent sales, much better than the ones here. I was fortunate that I was located near a TRU that was well-run and received good stock. I had little problem getting Grimlock, Rodimus, Unicron, First Edition, and most regular items.

Other people, not so much. If you live in Quebec, you're screwed because you don't receive anything that isn't bilingual. Most of the exclusives aren't.

And sometimes all of Canada just doesn't get a wave. Sky Shadow and Junkheap were never distributed, nor were HA Leadfoot or Reverb. HA Roadbuster weirdly ended up only at a grocery chain.

I think they're also still waiting for anything beyond wave 1 Prime Deluxes. That is boggling to me -- an entire country waiting for months for regular shipments of a flagship product.

Went into tru yesterday and the masterpiece tag for thundercracker was now gone. Never saw one hit the shelf. In its place now was a tag for masterpiece optimus so i guess that means its done and gone?

[quote name='Thomas96']Masterpiece prime has hit some stores.....[/QUOTE]
How much is it? Should I buy it if I see it, is it worth the $, I usually don't buy such expensive ones.

[quote name='mickeyp']How much is it? Should I buy it if I see it, is it worth the $, I usually don't buy such expensive ones.[/QUOTE]

99.99 plus tax.

Hell yes you should buy it (I'm biased).

I feel that the there are some versions of certain characters that are the definitive model to have. Like masterpiece grimlock....there'll never be a better version of grimlock making that MP grimlock the best one to have. I believe that this is last original version of optimus that you'll ever need. If you see it.....BUY IT!

Memphis, Wolfchase area TRU.
This afternoon I saw 4 cases on the top shelf of MP Thundercracker. 4 on the shelf.
Must have been a big stock day since there were boxes everywhere around the store.

Asked the guy stocking the action figure isle if he knew anything about MP Optimus Prime. He obviously knew alot about it....
Me: do you have Masterpiece Optimus Prime in yet?
TRU employee: We don't have that anymore, but I think he have Thunderplane or something. I got mine like 15 years ago.

Me: The new Transformers Masterpiece is Optimus Prime.
TRU employee: Don't know, that may only be something another chain gets or something, maybe Walmart.

Anyway, the Memphis Wolfchase TRU won't know anything if you call them. But if you are looking for a MP Thundercracker and live in the Memphis area, there are plenty. Apparently if you want Thunderplane, they have those too. :)

I swore I'd never collect G1 of any kind, but now Takara is releasing Fortress Maximus as Encore #23. Part of me really wants to drop $400 on the biggest Transformer ever made.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I swore I'd never collect G1 of any kind, but now Takara is releasing Fortress Maximus as Encore #23. Part of me really wants to drop $400 on the biggest Transformer ever made.[/QUOTE]

I preordered that the minute it went live.

You've got until April if you get the $350 one so you just need to put away like $58.30 each month. That's not too bad, just skip a few video games or something.

Anyone who wants one has six months to save for it, which is very reasonable.

It's worth it for the largest TF ever made... and we'll never see another one bigger. He'll also never, ever, ever be coming out in the US either.

holy shit that's insane. Apparently should have bought the Car Robots release years ago when BBTS had it for like 200 but couldn't justify it then...

Works for me. I get my annual bonus at the end of February, and usually blow a healthy part of it on TFs. Was going to catch up on MP releases, but Fort Max is definitely going to be part of that.

Also happy to see MP Rumble and Ravage, though I hope they get the colors right. FIRRIB!

Feel free to chalk this up as heresy. I had a G1 Fort Max. I sold it and never looked back.

I think it's great if you have a good reason for wanting one. To complete a G1/Headmasters collection. Because you always wanted one. Because you think it's cool.

It took me years to realize that robots that change into buildings or bases just don't do it for me. Because there really aren't many constraints on what the final product has to look like, there's not much need to be clever, intricate, or elegant.

Fort Max is certainly big, but it's also G1. It's fairly posable for a G1 bot, but it's still a giant brick. It's also the best building ever, though that's damning with faint praise. The part I thought was best was the Headmaster-on-a-Headmaster thing with Spike and Cerebros.

If you want one, make sure you have a (large) place of honor for it. Otherwise, it becomes the world's biggest doorstop or that thing you have to climb over to get to stuff in your closet.

So, I was at TRU today, again for Lego minifigures (Buy 1 Get 1 40% off). I had stopped by on Monday, but it takes time to figure out what's in the blind bags, so I had to come back.

On Monday, there was no shelf tag or space for MP Prime. Typical wasteland of Bumblebees and DotM, though they had more Generations -- Kup and Wheeljack. Weird. I don't even want to know.

Today they had the shelf tag and the space laid out. So it was either here or it will be here soon. I took the tag up to the front desk to see if they could tell me if they had it in the back. The woman said that they didn't have any, weren't getting any more, and it looked like it was discontinued. There was one in stock...in Palm Desert, only 120 miles away.

I told her that they put the tag up sometime after Monday, so they'd probably be getting some. It's one of those things. She wasn't too surprised and did a kind of shrug -- "You know Toys R Us". Yah. Too well.

What kind of system is this, where store employees can't even tell if they ever had it or ever will again? I'll also note that there's a big sign saying "Reserve the Hot Holiday Toys Now!" and a stapled sheet listing toys you can preorder at the front desk. No, of course Masterpiece Optimus Prime isn't on it.

Oh, by the way, the shelf tag and space for MP Thundercracker is gone. So sorry you blinked.

[quote name='blandstalker']So, I was at TRU today, again for Lego minifigures (Buy 1 Get 1 40% off). I had stopped by on Monday, but it takes time to figure out what's in the blind bags, so I had to come back.

On Monday, there was no shelf tag or space for MP Prime. Typical wasteland of Bumblebees and DotM, though they had more Generations -- Kup and Wheeljack. Weird. I don't even want to know.

Today they had the shelf tag and the space laid out. So it was either here or it will be here soon. I took the tag up to the front desk to see if they could tell me if they had it in the back. The woman said that they didn't have any, weren't getting any more, and it looked like it was discontinued. There was one in stock...in Palm Desert, only 120 miles away.

I told her that they put the tag up sometime after Monday, so they'd probably be getting some. It's one of those things. She wasn't too surprised and did a kind of shrug -- "You know Toys R Us". Yah. Too well.

What kind of system is this, where store employees can't even tell if they ever had it or ever will again? I'll also note that there's a big sign saying "Reserve the Hot Holiday Toys Now!" and a stapled sheet listing toys you can preorder at the front desk. No, of course Masterpiece Optimus Prime isn't on it.

Oh, by the way, the shelf tag and space for MP Thundercracker is gone. So sorry you blinked.[/QUOTE]

If the tag was out, the item was in stock for them to make the label. From what I've been seeing, stores are only getting 1 case at a time for some reason. The fact that she told you they weren't getting more in is plain wrong. She could have seen inventory of their warehouse and seen they have the inventory in stock.

What a lot of stores are being told to do is, whenever an item sells out, replace it with something else that is in stock so there are not that many empty holes on shelves. That is probably why the Thundercracker label was gone.

Also, Thundercracker went up in price to $74.99 this past Monday.

I was able to get a masterpiece prime today. I had to go early in the morning ( I was able to get off work for a moment). As I'm walking in the TRU, I see a guy walking out with a MP Prime (now I'm worried cause that means one left). I'm waking to the transformer section and the TRU guy remembered me (he told me last week that they may come on Thursday's truck) and told me they had one more left on the shelf, (mind you...tru is stocking all of their new items). When I went to get MP optimus from the shelf there's a guy squatting right in front of it, looking at a toy just below it. So I told the guy. " excuse me.. Let me.grab this right here" took the Prime and ran off.

BBTS has all the First Edition figures on preorder:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=10856

Grabbed myself a Prime and a Vehicon. Prices are a bit higher than TRU but I hate TRU for many of the same reasons that keep popping up in this thread again and again. Love BBTS though!

There was just no way I'm going to hit my local TRUs at close to Christmas time for what is bound to be the popular figures. I recommend if anyone wants an FE Bulkhead, just order it from BBTS at $30 (or get the two pack of Prime / Bulk, $25 per figure then which is cheaper than TRU.)

I just went ahead and preordered them. Expensive (especially FE Vehicon) but with TRU's already marked up prices, tax, and gas money I can justify it lol. Plus the fact that I've never seen a MP:TC in store and my local store is still flooded with god damned DotM Bumblebee, not worth the gamble of trying to find it in store.

A bit off topic: Anyone know anything about 3rd party figs going on sale? Finally got a real job (no longer contracting! Yay!) and want to look into 3rd party. Seriously considering taking the expensive dive into TFC: Hercules (and eventually Project Uranus), but do these damned things ever go on sale? It's 600 bucks (but I wants it).

Also considering Knight Morpher Cyclops (Hearts of Steel Shockwave) if it ever comes back in stock (don't really care for KM Prime or the seakers, but that shockwave is gorgeous and gigantic)

Also considering the Fansproject TFX battle armors for Classics Ultra Magnus and Rodimus, but aren't sure they're worth the ~120.00+shipping asking price on toyarena...

[quote name='Zmonkay']I just went ahead and preordered them. Expensive (especially FE Vehicon) but with TRU's already marked up prices, tax, and gas money I can justify it lol. Plus the fact that I've never seen a MP:TC in store and my local store is still flooded with god damned DotM Bumblebee, not worth the gamble of trying to find it in store.

A bit off topic: Anyone know anything about 3rd party figs going on sale? Finally got a real job (no longer contracting! Yay!) and want to look into 3rd party. Seriously considering taking the expensive dive into TFC: Hercules (and eventually Project Uranus), but do these damned things ever go on sale? It's 600 bucks (but I wants it).

Also considering Knight Morpher Cyclops (Hearts of Steel Shockwave) if it ever comes back in stock (don't really care for KM Prime or the seakers, but that shockwave is gorgeous and gigantic)

Also considering the Fansproject TFX battle armors for Classics Ultra Magnus and Rodimus, but aren't sure they're worth the ~120.00+shipping asking price on toyarena...[/QUOTE]

Cyclops is still in-stock a few places... don't own it yet though so can't talk about it. Also only own 3/6 of Hercules and what I have is unopened, haha.

I do own the Magnus (City Commander) and Rodimus (Protector) armors, and they are both fantastic. This is probably the only time we will ever see a proper Ultra Magnus with a trailer -- FansProject nailed a G1 styled update to Magnus 100%. One of my favorite third party figures I own and is a must-own if you have a Classics Magnus. In fact, I love the armor so much I own it a second time for my SDCC Nemesis Prime.

Likewise, the Rodimus armor is just as awesome... the trailer even converts into an awesome battle platform. Like City Commander, it creates what is the perfect G1 update for Rodimus. Hasbro is never going to give us a proper Magnus or Rodimus with a trailer... not in a million years at the Deluxe / Voyager size class. Hell, you're lucky to get an Optimus trailer.

But really, it ties into how much you love those characters. I love Season 3 above everything else so yea, it was absolutely worth it to me. If you're not a really a fan of Season 3 or Rodimus / Magnus, your money is better spent elsewhere. Making a Season 3 cast at this point, at least for the Autobots, requires almost 100% third party parts... only one I think doesn't need them is Blurr. Even Kup needs a new head.

Honestly, for your first third party figures I'd recommend getting the Bruticus re-issue that is coming out along with the FansProject re-release of Munitioner (Swindle) and Explorer (Blast-Off) to make a Bruticus that destroys Hasbro's efforts at one. FansProject's Bruticus is held high as one of the best third party figures out there and for good reason.

As for these figures going on sale? Barely ever. BBTS once had a 25% off sale off all third party figures but it was the first time they ever did so and no other retailer has ever done such a sale. Usually these are slow burners but they do sell out, as evidenced with Cyclops, so stores don't mind just sitting on their stock until it sells. All it takes is one store selling out before a panic reaction from the fandom causes people to buy the figures from the other sites.

Let me second unreservedly the recommendations for Bruticus or City Commander. They are among the best Transformers I own bar none. City Commander is so good, and there's nothing that comes even remotely close to capturing G1 Ultra Magnus. Bruticus is what the combiner could have been all along. They are both like dream figures. They don't get much better.

Rodimus/Protector is still very good, but those two above should not be missed.

I'm not quite as big a fan of Season 3 as animalspinners, but I always liked the designs. I thought they tapped into something iconic with the movie and Season 3, but of course it's taken until recently for anyone to produce toys that could live up to the design. City Commander and FP Bruticus do that, and they do it in spades.

3rd party stuff as a rule doesn't go on sale much. Only if there is overstock or if it's one of the lesser 3rd parties (I'm looking at you BTS Sonicron) you might get a crack at something, but I don't recommend it. They tend to sell out and they tend to keep their value, even with reissues.

For the multi-figure sets, you might get lucky. I remember seeing some Hercules sets (once they had all come out) at...was it TF Source or Ages 3 and Up -- one of them -- that were discounted a bit. It ended up in the $450-$500 range, if I'm not mistaken or hallucinating. Since then, though, it's back up where it was.

Or it could sell out completely, like the yellow Maketoys Giant. That kinda surprised me, as I thought green would rule the day. Just goes to show you that just because I don't have a thing for G2 doesn't mean others don't. There are no certainties here.

But they're still easier to get than Hasbro toys. Missed FE Vehicon. Grr.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll def be picking up a City Commander (as I definitely do have classics Magnus) and possibly Protector. TF:TM/Season 3 has some of my absolute favorite designs (huge fan of cybertronian alt modes) for sure :D

Might get the Bruticus figs, though I'm disappointed they didn't do a Vortex, Brawl, and Onslaught. I have the full Energon Bruticus fig already (so would have to rebuy the new release for colors that mesh), and while I get they did BlastOff and Swindle because the energon figs only had 2 unique limbs, they seem so much better than the others I'd love to see what they could do with a full on unique creation.

I'm a complete sucker for gestalts though, so definitely eventually want Hercules, Uranus, and possibly Giant.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Or it could sell out completely, like the yellow Maketoys Giant. That kinda surprised me, as I thought green would rule the day. Just goes to show you that just because I don't have a thing for G2 doesn't mean others don't. There are no certainties here.[/QUOTE]

Well, Yellow Giant sold out not because its G2, but because it was a very limited release. When you throw the words "limited" and "Transformers" together, you're guaranteeing a sellout as there are always people who will buy it just to say they have it because its limited.

[quote name='Zmonkay']

Might get the Bruticus figs, though I'm disappointed they didn't do a Vortex, Brawl, and Onslaught. I have the full Energon Bruticus fig already (so would have to rebuy the new release for colors that mesh), and while I get they did BlastOff and Swindle because the energon figs only had 2 unique limbs, they seem so much better than the others I'd love to see what they could do with a full on unique creation.

I'm a complete sucker for gestalts though, so definitely eventually want Hercules, Uranus, and possibly Giant.[/QUOTE]

FP is doing a Menasor later this year / early next year with all five bots. That should be awesome.

Personally, I'd just go with Giant as he's cheaper and still looks good. If I wasn't 3/6 into Hercules, I'd honestly go with Giant. Use that extra $300 you're saving to get some other stuff. One day I'll get around to pulling the trigger but Hercules stuff isn't really moving at any retailer any more so I'm in no rush.

I got the TRU Masterpiece Prime, it's $115, not $100 (TRU marked up the price after the first week of release). At first I thought this Prime is just another re-release of the earlier MP Prime. Boy, I was wrong (didn't read any TF news so I'm pretty much out of the loop). The Prime is smaller, but a lot detailed than the first MP Prime. The head looks a lot cooler too, a truly complete masterpiece in my book, well worth the $115 price tag! I skipped the MP Starscream and the repainted MP Thundercracker (love to have them all, but got bills to pay, sigh). The only thing that stops me getting the Fanproject stuff is money :p

[quote name='Serpentor']I got the TRU Masterpiece Prime, it's $115, not $100 (TRU marked up the price after the first week of release). [/QUOTE]

There are different prices at different TRUs for some reason.

I had a friend go into the next city and pick up a Prime today, rang up $99.99. However, in the city in the opposite direction, Prime rings up $114.99.

Eventually it will probably be one set price everywhere but for right now, its just a matter of luck if your TRU has the lower price or not.

I've even seen a report of people finding it for $110, so who knows what the deal is. Probably just TRU experimenting with the price to see if they can still sell them at $115 before they raise it nationally.

[quote name='Serpentor']I got the TRU Masterpiece Prime, it's $115, not $100 (TRU marked up the price after the first week of release). At first I thought this Prime is just another re-release of the earlier MP Prime. Boy, I was wrong (didn't read any TF news so I'm pretty much out of the loop). The Prime is smaller, but a lot detailed than the first MP Prime. The head looks a lot cooler too, a truly complete masterpiece in my book, well worth the $115 price tag! I skipped the MP Starscream and the repainted MP Thundercracker (love to have them all, but got bills to pay, sigh). The only thing that stops me getting the Fanproject stuff is money :p[/QUOTE]

I wanted that fan project Hercules so bad, but I can't bring myself to spend that much for it.

Just got in some of the Arms Micron single pack weapons -- these are well worth the $7 or so a piece to outfit your RID Voyagers with decent weapons and not that MechTech garbage.

I gave Dreadwing the Shell 2 and it looks great on him!

Went by TRU this morning.

Shelf tag for Masterpiece Optimus was gone. In its place were 3 MP Thundercrackers (he's back!) and First Edition Entertainment Packs.

The FE Entertainment Packs are 29.99. For that price, I strongly recommend it. Prime is good, but Megatron is excellent. I still like the Deluxe better than the Voyager.

Stopped by 2 TRUs last night. The one that marks up toy prices ~10% had shelf tags for both MP Thundercracker ($82) and MP Prime ($110), though neither were there. Was surprised the MP TC tag was actually $70 before the recent price hike, though I never saw him there. Since that store is in a pricey suburb of DC (Rockville, MD), if Serpentor found that $115 Prime at a NYC TRU, a 15% markup doesn't surprise me.

The other store had tags for both, Prime for $100 and TC for $70. No Primes, but 4 TCs, which scanned for $75. Had a coupon for $10 off a $75 purchase, so I picked up a second TC (with a Lego minifig to get me over the threshold).

FansProject Assaulter (aka not-Broadside) preorders are up at the FansProject Core Website. (and BBTS).

I really liked both Defender and Steelcore, so this was a no-brainer even though I'm not wild about the not-aircraft carrier. I wasn't wild about Steelcore's ad-hoc vehicle mode either, but in person it's quite appealing. It's got a Headmaster vibe to it that's chunky, yet modern engineering.

The not-aircraft carrier reminds me of the Macross ship. Really not a fan of Steelcore though, it's a cool design, but something about it doesn't jive with TF aesthetics.

[quote name='Zmonkay']The not-aircraft carrier reminds me of the Macross ship. Really not a fan of Steelcore though, it's a cool design, but something about it doesn't jive with TF aesthetics.[/QUOTE]

Is it Jetfire, because he was basically a Macross ship. I'm still mad my brother broke mine on x-mas day. I would have him CIB right now like his G1 Optimus Prime.

[quote name='blandstalker']FansProject Assaulter (aka not-Broadside) preorders are up at the FansProject Core Website. (and BBTS).

I really liked both Defender and Steelcore, so this was a no-brainer even though I'm not wild about the not-aircraft carrier. I wasn't wild about Steelcore's ad-hoc vehicle mode either, but in person it's quite appealing. It's got a Headmaster vibe to it that's chunky, yet modern engineering.[/QUOTE]

I'd pre-order from BBTS before ever dealing with FPC again. FPC had extremely slow shipping, overpriced shipping at that, no tracking number and no real estimate for when they'd even bother to ship... it just kind of showed up one day.

Also, FPC has a very bad track record for fixing defective parts, while BBTS will hook you up within a day.

[quote name='jman2avatar']WTF?! Why is the TFW2005 forum being flagged on my browser?[/QUOTE]

Who knows -- the admins are saying it's a "false positive" but it's been going on for three days now. One of the admins is getting a bit pissy that people keep bringing it up over there I heard (I haven't been back since Chrome flagged it.)

I'd avoid it for now until whatever is happening with it gets fixed. I also wouldn't believe anything the admins say, as they've swept shit under the rug before, because false positives of this nature don't last three days. It's very odd they are simply just keeping quiet about this when Google is blatantly telling people they got hacked not only through Chrome but through their search engine as well. It's gotta be killing their traffic.

You know who also said reports of a hack were false positives? TFCC and TFSource, both before a massive breach. TF sites have the worst security and people who have zero idea of how to properly manage a website behind them. I've never seen something like this happen to a forum unless they got hacked... they need to pull down the forums immediately in my opinion.

[quote name='animalspinners']TF sites have the worst security and people who have zero idea of how to properly manage a website behind them. I've never seen something like this happen to a forum unless they got hacked... they need to pull down the forums immediately in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Kremzeeeeeek!!!!!

[quote name='slowdive21']Is it Jetfire, because he was basically a Macross ship. I'm still mad my brother broke mine on x-mas day. I would have him CIB right now like his G1 Optimus Prime.[/QUOTE]

I was thinkiing the SDF-1, but that was a mental merging of the robot mode (with the two giant towers/cannons on the back) with the aircraft carrier vehicle mode (due to Assaulter having 2 landing strips at the front).

Also, can't post links at work, but the new Beast Hunters (aka Prime Season 3) toys look... interesting.

Glad to see beasts brought back, and it gives me hope for possible Dinobot toys, but there are also a LOT of repaints/retools (basically take a lot of RID Prime figs and give em spikes... which now I kinda wish I had waited to get them because they remind me a bit of the Junkions with the spikes and all)

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters

predaking.jpg

Coming Spring 2013

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...r-trailer-to-transformers-prime-beast-hunters

[quote name='Zmonkay']but there are also a LOT of repaints/retools (basically take a lot of RID Prime figs and give em spikes... which now I kinda wish I had waited to get them because they remind me a bit of the Junkions with the spikes and all)[/QUOTE]

Oh... oh wow.

I'm out, I think. Those designs look like shit imo and I'm not buying what amounts to just a bunch of retools.

It looks like the only way to get Smokescreen is from Japan now too. I think I'l finish up the current Prime line and just concentrate on older figures / third party. I'm really not excited over a bunch of straight up retools, that just seems incredibly lazy.

It's also interesting to note that for the most part, Wave 1 of Beast Hunters is just a retool of Wave 1 of Prime, swapping out Cliffjumper for Lazerback. Which means the pegs will once again be full of Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Soundwave. Not only is it the same figures, its damn near the same wave!!

But that Omega Supreme Hasbro is putting out... now that thing kicks ass.

I'm so conflicted by Omega Supreme. Part of me is saying "Holy shit that is gorgeous". Another part of me is saying "Holy shit they used the Energon mold, one of my only buyer's remorse TF purchases ever". IMHO it truly is a terrible mold, but that claw arm, the deco, the new head... so confused!

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm so conflicted by Omega Supreme. Part of me is saying "Holy shit that is gorgeous". Another part of me is saying "Holy shit they used the Energon mold, one of my only buyer's remorse TF purchases ever". IMHO it truly is a terrible mold, but that claw arm, the deco, the new head... so confused![/QUOTE]

I don't even care about transforming it, that guy can stay just like he is in the picture and he makes an amazing WFC / FOC centerpiece. :lol:

I will support it just to support this idea and get more stuff like it. Hasbro at SDCC teased about doing bigger figures for the collectors and this is probably the result of that, so I will definitely support figures targeted directly to collectors.

[quote name='animalspinners']Oh... oh wow.

I'm out, I think. Those designs look like shit imo and I'm not buying what amounts to just a bunch of retools. [/quote]

I agree.

My first thought was that they looked awful -- garish, silly, and crapped up. The whole thing of Prime so far has been elegance and design and now that's thrown out the window for Extreme Dino Robo. (And this, from the company who wanted to retire the Dinobots. Gah.)

My second thought is that the final products aren't going to look anything like that. They're barely painted now. They are not going to be airbrushed all pretty. The colors will be close but uglier and the paint will not pull off those effects at all. Between the extra plastic and the paint, I wouldn't be surprised if this marks an attempt to bump them up to Voyager price points.

Finally Predaking...first thought is disappointment that it's Predaking in name only. Second thought is that it looks like Cybertron Scourge. And I passed on that. It's visually impressive but looks simplistic and I have no interest in that. Stand up, replace head, adjust arms. No thanks.

I also notice they're doing more Cyberverse vehicle/playset stuff. That's not exactly selling real well, guys. We don't get Voyager Breakdown, but we get this...thing. Thanks a lot.

Well, this will certainly save me a lot of money and time.

[quote name='animalspinners']I don't even care about transforming it, that guy can stay just like he is in the picture and he makes an amazing WFC / FOC centerpiece. :lol:[/quote]

But it's kind of a crappy mold. They've improved it, but...ugh. If you're going to do that, why not just redo it. That vehicle, to me, is not Omega Supreme, no matter how much paint you put on it.

I'm paring down my collection, so I guess if I decide to keep Omega Sentinel, I may as well just replace him with the new Omega Supreme. I don't know if I want to shell out money, though, to get a crappy figure that has an admittedly awesome new deco. I hope they aren't going to charge an arm and a leg, because I'll just pass. Probably at least $70, which, no.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm so conflicted by Omega Supreme. Part of me is saying "Holy shit that is gorgeous". Another part of me is saying "Holy shit they used the Energon mold, one of my only buyer's remorse TF purchases ever". IMHO it truly is a terrible mold, but that claw arm, the deco, the new head... so confused![/QUOTE]

quoted for truth :lol:

bread's done
Back