Transformers: War For Cybertron - 10x XP Weekend Going on Now-Through 11/28!

I got to level 10 or 11 soldier over the weekend.

Really fun!

I also got to level 6 scientist. Seems ok, but I died SO fast!!

I HATE melee and snipers :\

[quote name='Morphx2']I also got to level 6 scientist. Seems ok, but I died SO fast!!

I HATE melee and snipers :\[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I told you. :cry:

I've been playing the single player game this weekend. For me I'm not gonna go out and buy it.. Its a lot of pushing forward and shooting with very little opposition.. I found myself bored after about an hour and a half and turned the thing off. Even for playing it for free I can't say that I was excited. I suppose if your a fan of the first two this game is probably for you but I just couldn't get into it.

I did co-op with a buddy for a little. I freaking ran out of ammo so fast and they never have enough ammo stations. Thats crap. I dont want to melee all day

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I've been playing the single player game this weekend. For me I'm not gonna go out and buy it.. Its a lot of pushing forward and shooting with very little opposition.. I found myself bored after about an hour and a half and turned the thing off. Even for playing it for free I can't say that I was excited. I suppose if your a fan of the first two this game is probably for you but I just couldn't get into it.[/QUOTE]

You heard it here first, folks! Pirates find this game boring. Also they have trouble distinguishing this game from the movie games that are completely unrelated beyond the names. What useful information for us to have.

online is fun.

Hopefully a LOT more people will be on tonight. I want to play games that have some type of objective, i hate team deathmatches

I didnt try single player yet, and probably wont. Too many other single player games to play that I will never end up playing since I play online games too much :(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn it...GS.com hasn't shipped my order. I'm thinking I'm going to get hosed out of getting Shockwave.[/QUOTE]

Just got my shipping confirmation at 8AM CST this morning, but haven't got the Shockwave code yet. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Does anyone know if the SKU for best Buys is different than the others since it has the 'Autobot Jazz Unlockable Code' cover?

I was planning on getting a copy from each and returning all but one to get the preorder codes. Amazon emails, Gamestop emails, Best Buy inside. Could I take Amazon's copy and return it to Best Buy?

I already bought it from BB but of course not opened yet. I do not know where to find the SKU though because I have never had to care before?

Someone could help me and then compare with Gamestop's or w.e

Yeah, like I said it is a specially marked case there so I wonder if it has a different SKU than other copies.

*Edit*

Here is a quick picture of it.

0622101209.jpg

Did you ninja edit? I could have sworn that wasn't specified when I replied.

Anyways, sorry but I'm not sure yet, I'm debating on hitting up GS after work since it seems my online order is stalled for no apparent reason.

I already got a confirmation (technically since USPS says its delivered) the game arrived from Amazon at home. Can't wait to play it at 5:30PM EST. Going straight to the single player, open co-op over Live if anyone is interested.

I am indeed a ninja my friend.

Well my order from Gamestop and Amazon should arrive sometime today, I am just super antsy and want to play the game and I do not know which copy to open and which of the three to return and to where! haha

But yeah so when my other copies come in, how can I tell if they have the same SKU or not? Is it the numbers on the back near the barcode? Or is it something on the receipt?

Yeah I did, tracking number and all saying it is out for delivery. Packages usually arrive from Gamestop around 9:30 am here though and now it is 12:30 and still no package.

For the record, I reserved it a few weeks back with the 'Shockwave' code for free overnight shipping.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Yeah I did, tracking number and all saying it is out for delivery. Packages usually arrive from Gamestop around 9:30 am here though and now it is 12:30 and still no package.

For the record, I reserved it a few weeks back with the 'Shockwave' code for free overnight shipping.[/QUOTE]

Did you (or anyone else) get the code for Shockwave?

I have heard it is packaged in the game by someone on Gamefaqs

BUT I have not received the game or an emailed code yet so I do not know. It had better be emailed, that was the point of me doing it online so I could just get an emailed version of the code and return the game in the store. In store however they are giving them out on the receipts it seems, so it would be odd that the online versions would have them packaged in...

Also, I asked the same question of SKUs on there as well and someone told me that they had two different ones between Gamestop and Best Buy. poop.

BestBuy's Transformers definitely has a different UPC (and thus SKU) than the copy I got at GameStop. My GameStop copy does not mention Shockwave on the package, but they gave me a separate code for him.

Lame, that sucks. It looks like I will have to lie to BB customer service, say the code wasnt in there, get the code, then return the game.

What really is crappy about this game that no-one mentioned because usually it never comes up is the lack of system link! I looked forward to finding a second copy so we could system link in my house with my friends that do not own Xboxs. It is fine when I have my buddies come over and we can play online with each other in the same room because they have their own LIVE accounts, but it sucks that you cant with those not having accounts.

They already took out the split screen they praised at first, I was at least hoping for that much.

[quote name='eastx']Question for people who have their preorder codes:

How many digits is the code, and where do you input it?[/QUOTE]

http://www.transformersgame.com/redemption/

I had trouble registering because the confirmation email gives you a 404 but once you register it and confirm you can just use the link over the confirmation to give bring you back to the page.

Yeah, to double confirm I suppose, the UPCs are different for Best Buy. I just had to see it myself to be sure. : (

Now it is just more of a pain to get all 3 preorder characters. Oh well.

I had been waiting around for the UPS guys all day and I finally just got bored and was leaving to go to the gym and as I am putting on my shoes *knock knock knock*

Damn you UPS man. haha

I think I'll leave it open just in case they send me my shockwave code, but I already ordered from Amazon. I'll just return the GS one if and whenever they decide to ship it.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If I just got mine shipped from Amazon ($59.99) shouldn't I get credited back my $7?[/QUOTE]

Amazon ditched their post-order price guarantee. It is lame that you ordered it for $60 and the day it comes out it's $7 cheaper. I remember they did something similar with Arkham Asylum.

Will we still get the credit and demolisher code from Amazon even though you can't technically preorder it anymore?

Also, I really wonder how much the demolisher code would sell for compared to the Jazz and Shockwave codes since those guys are much cooler than randomass demolisher.

[quote name='icedrake523']Amazon ditched their post-order price guarantee. It is lame that you ordered it for $60 and the day it comes out it's $7 cheaper. I remember they did something similar with Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's still good:

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='icedrake523']Amazon ditched their post-order price guarantee. It is lame that you ordered it for $60 and the day it comes out it's $7 cheaper. I remember they did something similar with Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]

But they still have their pre-order price guarantee, and it is supposed to match the lowest price through release day.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Be careful, the $52.50 price I'm seeing is from a 3rd Party, not Amazon. So I doubt you'll get the Demolisher code from them.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow...good catch. I need to check on my order.

EDIT: Do'h Amazon doesn't have it in stock "Usually ships in 2 to 3 weeks".

[quote name='BrolyB593']http://www.transformersgame.com/redemption/

I had trouble registering because the confirmation email gives you a 404 but once you register it and confirm you can just use the link over the confirmation to give bring you back to the page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I also was confused about what to do with the code. Awesome game so far. Too bad I have to work.

Anyone get any email codes yet? Either from Amazon or Gamestop? I am still waiting on both. I know they say like 10 days max but I usually get them the same day.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Yeah, to double confirm I suppose, the UPCs are different for Best Buy. I just had to see it myself to be sure. : (

Now it is just more of a pain to get all 3 preorder characters. Oh well.

I had been waiting around for the UPS guys all day and I finally just got bored and was leaving to go to the gym and as I am putting on my shoes *knock knock knock*

Damn you UPS man. haha[/QUOTE]

It's Activision... they will put them all up as paid DLC in a few weeks. Remember Juggernaut for MUA 2? He was a preorder exclusive for Gamestop, a lot of people got real worried they'd never get him, and he showed up for a dollar as DLC down the line. Same with the Little Big Planet DLC, that had different exclusives everywhere, now you can buy it all. Same with Stone Cold for WWE 2010, who was a Gamestop "exclusive". All different companies, but same points apply.

Activision knows they can get extra money from everyone by making the preorder "exclusives" paid DLC in a month. They also don't want to put a ton of work into limited time only characters when they can get more money on top of $60 for everyone. Just be patient.

I'd care more about the characters if they were usuable outside of Escalation, to be honest.

Personally, I went for the comic book from K-Mart, because I'll take tangible TF stuff for my collection over DLC for a game. The comic is pretty awesome.

I already have a copy from each store already in my possession though haha I am just now playing the waiting game on my codes that should be emailed then BAM 2 out of the 3 are going back.

Plus you said it, it is PAID dlc. I refuse to pay for something that was at a time given out for free like this; I am far too cheap for that.

And for the record there have been a few Gamestop exclusives that have stayed stricly Gamestop exclusives and never put out as DLC. I feel as though MUA2 was a rare exception because they saw the game was tanking and it just sucked overall (which I hate saying but it really did) so they probably broke whatever agreement they had with Gamestop and made him paid dlc.

bread's done
Back