Transformers: War For Cybertron - 10x XP Weekend Going on Now-Through 11/28!

[quote name='BrolyB593']And for the record there have been a few Gamestop exclusives that have stayed stricly Gamestop exclusives and never put out as DLC.[/QUOTE]

ME2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and RDR (at least so far) are examples of Gamestop pre-order DLC that hasn't been released any other way.

And I don't think it's going to be Activision controlling whether the DLC is released to everyone for a price. That may have happened with MUA2, but I would assume Gamestop has become wiser and demanded exclusivity for their pre-order bonuses. If they're paying some price for the bonuses, then they want the value of that bonus. If people start realizing that pre-order bonuses can be bought later, then the gig is up.

So apparently gamestop only gets the code to you on the receipt and only if it was a preorder and they all claim theres no other way to obtain one. For the Best Buy Jazz code, the code is packaged inside the actual game right? Does that mean if I head down there I may be able to find a copy that has the code inside or how does it work with BB?

[quote name='BrolyB593']Yeah, like I said it is a specially marked case there so I wonder if it has a different SKU than other copies.

*Edit*

Here is a quick picture of it.

0622101209.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I posted this earlier Thorgouge, its a quick picture of my Best Buy copy. Yes, all of them have this special case there and all of them should have a code inside for Jazz.

yea i saw but i was wondering if they hold those copies for preorders only or they are just on the shelf until they sell out. I never preordered at BB and generally don't buy from them. I just called and she said I can get one even if I didn't preorder so I'm on my way now cause that shits selling for half the games price on ebay already...

So much for GS, they canceled my order due to insufficient funds on the gift card I used, and instead of sending me an email to correct it they canceled it when I called them. I asked if I could use a credit card or my EDGE card and the douche on the phone said it was too late as it was canceled, which I'm sure he canceled it since the order was open before I called in.

Guess I'll go with Best Buy as Jazz was my 2nd choice.

That really sucks. I actually thought my order was canceled last night, but I noticed I had placed one before my order and canceled that. I was prepared to go on a verbal tirade in the morning to CS since the only reason they would cancel my order is because I used a coupon to get it for $50 shipped.

Not that it matters since I already have it, but reviews are very favorable. At first I thought it would be a game only for TF nerds but I'm plesently surpirsed to see it's not.

Anyone play Co-Op Campaign yet? How does it work? Is it the same levels as single player?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So much for GS, they canceled my order due to insufficient funds on the gift card I used, and instead of sending me an email to correct it they canceled it when I called them. I asked if I could use a credit card or my EDGE card and the douche on the phone said it was too late as it was canceled, which I'm sure he canceled it since the order was open before I called in.

Guess I'll go with Best Buy as Jazz was my 2nd choice.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, dude. I woulda held onto my Shockwave code and traded you if I knew that was gonna happen. It's already cashed in though. Oh well.

I'm almost done with the Decepticon story arc, so far so good. The occasional lack of ammo can get rather annoying at times though.

Well fuck it I bit, can't beat a half off game after I sell this Jazz code. If anyone wants to do some co-op send a message or friend request to Thorgouge on XBL.

Got my GS shipping confirmation earlier today and got the Shockwave code a few minutes ago.

Best Buy hasn't sent me jack yet, despite me ordering months ago. The site says backordered. They'd better not have screwed me and put me in that group.

With all of the ammo shortages, I had a question. Does using the weapons in vehicle mode consume ammo, or is that unlimited? This might add an extra dimension of strategy to the game play. I ask because I don't have my copy yet, and my 360 is currently on its way back from Microsoft after red ringing.

Vehicle mode does use ammo. I'm only on the first level and playing as Megatron before I stopped to eat and he gets about 10 shells for his tank mode at the start of the level, its not unlimited.

I can't log into the Transformers site to redeem my code. Anyone else have a problem?

I'm so fucking tired of places doing it this way. Email me a code to redeem on PSN/XBL. It really isn't that hard.

Bahaha, no it is not. I really don't understand people who do that. You could easily buy a SECOND COPY at Best Buy, take out the code and trade in the game to Gamestop even and make out better than paying how much they are for the code. Plus there are far better ways of selling a game that just came out than Gamestop.

People are dumb, idk.

I don't know mickeyp but my auction is at $50 dollars already and its got 22 hours to go. This is fucking hilarious, I knew I should have bought as many copies as I could have at BB. Might make another trip tomorrow and see what left. Sell code for at least $50, trade in game for like 30 on Amazon or ebay it for around 40 and profit.

Also, I really don't understand why but it seems most DLC preorder stuff can be sold on eBay within a week of the game's release and you can make your money back that you spent on the actual game. RDR warhorse codes going for $70 and so on.

Do these fucking preorder characters even do anything different other than have unique skins? All of the Transformers in this game look retarded anyhow; like a Michael Bay creation and something from Transformers Animated had a baby near a nuclear plant.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I don't know mickeyp but my auction is at $50 dollars already and its got 22 hours to go. This is fucking hilarious, I knew I should have bought as many copies as I could have at BB. Might make another trip tomorrow and see what left. Sell code for at least $50, trade in game for like 30 on Amazon or ebay it for around 40 and profit.

Also, I really don't understand why but it seems most DLC preorder stuff can be sold on eBay within a week of the game's release and you can make your money back that you spent on the actual game. RDR warhorse codes going for $70 and so on.

Do these fucking preorder characters even do anything different other than have unique skins? All of the Transformers in this game look retarded anyhow; like a Michael Bay creation and something from Transformers Animated had a baby near a nuclear plant.[/QUOTE]

I so do not understand that. $50 is nearly the price for the game. Why are people so stupid???? Like I honestly would like to meet the person who has bid that much on yours.

I wish I had done that, would be such an easy profit, I just do not use eBay at all.

*EDIT*

Can you confirm that your Jazz code also started with 'JAFE'?

It seems to appear that all of them begin with their respective character somewhat i.e. Shockwave's begins SHFE and Demonlisher's apparently is DEFE

[quote name='Thorgouge']
Do these fucking preorder characters even do anything different other than have unique skins?[/QUOTE]

They are pretty much just skins with unique voices (I think they have unique voices, anyways). They can also only be used in *one* mode - Extraction, which is WFC's answer to Horde mode. You can't use them in campaign, can't use them in any other MP mode. I put this here because I've already heard a few people on mics in MP going "How do I get Shockwave? I can only make people!!"

Also, only one character can be used per extraction group - so if someone beats you to using Shockwave or Jazz, you can't use them.

As for Extraction, it's only 18 waves, and two maps... one map for each side, so the preorder exclusive characters can only be used on one map in Extraction. You can't play Decepticons on the Autobot extraction map, for instance.

As for Extraction itself, it's ok... I dislike the Decepticon map, it is indoors and a tight fit. I love the Autobots extraction map, it's wide open and has tons of areas to fight and spread out. I think if it had more maps it would have been an awesome mode, but I think with only one map per side it's going to get old as soon as people beat them. On my first try with a bunch of randoms, we got to Wave 9 before the host d/c'ed randomly.

As for the MP itself, it's great, much better than the demo with the addition of the other two classes. Nobody is really playing the unique MP modes, last I checked a few minutes ago things like Code of Power and the planting the bomb MP had under 100 people in them. Everyone seems to be playing Team DM.

Yes Broly, that is true. Not sure why they're only advertised as working with Escalation when they also work with regular Multiplayer.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Apparently you can use the Unlocked Preorder characters for Chassis in the MP is this true?[/QUOTE]

I assume it is, because most characters have 2 chassis's, there are a handful that only have 1. I know you can unlock the Arcee / Slipstream chassis's once you beat the campaigns. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Shockwave chassis now that I think about it (but it looked like he just turned into a seeker, which was a huge disappointment), but it's hard to tell with everything going on and I haven't seen the other two.

Any confirmation on JAFE being the first 4 digits on the Jazz code?

Yes I am bored and just pounding in numbers and letters into the redeem section.

[quote name='icedrake523']I can't log into the Transformers site to redeem my code. Anyone else have a problem?

I'm so fucking tired of places doing it this way. Email me a code to redeem on PSN/XBL. It really isn't that hard.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me just now.

-------

For those of you that got it from Amazon...does it have the Demolisher picture on the cover like the Best Buy one does with Jazz?

-------

Odd..Shockwave code is going for $40 on eBay. I just picked up my copy at Best Buy, tempted to put the code on eBay now.

No, Best Buy is the only one with a different case. The copies I received from Gamestop and Amazon are identical.

Only difference is that Gamestop actually emailed the preorder codes today.... stupid Amazon.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Bahaha, no it is not. I really don't understand people who do that. You could easily buy a SECOND COPY at Best Buy, take out the code and trade in the game to Gamestop even and make out better than paying how much they are for the code. Plus there are far better ways of selling a game that just came out than Gamestop.

People are dumb, idk.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You say it isn't hard to get the code...but your best solution is to buy a second copy of the game?

Well I am saying it is not difficult to get a copy in essence. You go to Best Buy and buy the game. That is not difficult at all. I only meant to buy it again when looking at people spending that much because in the end then it is a much better deal than paying $30+ on the code itself.

But I see what you mean by getting another copy it is not really 'easy' if you purchased from Gamestop. Which if that were the case you should have gotten the preorder code then returned it then went to Best Buy and kept that copy.

It seems as though it would be the first batch, but if you look at SC Conviction, all of my copies at the store still have the useless SC300 code on the box so who knows. Something like this though I would imagine to be just a promo for the time being seeing as it is unique in game stuff, unlike the SC300 or the Viper ACR in Blur.

So, besides all this code redemption talk what are everyone's impressions on the game. I only played for 30 minutes then I had to go to work. boooooooo

I haven't gotten to play it yet : (

I have a copy from each store sitting here, but I do not know which to open. If I do not get Jazz, I will return the one from Amazon so that I can open up the BB one and get the Jazz code. If I get the Jazz code however, then I will return the Best Buy copy.

I am just waiting because it is much easier and i would just rather return to Best Buy than to Amazon.

So what I am getting at is that I have no impressions on the game because I am a preorder whore and want everything haha

The online is fun like it was in the demo but I just can't understand how hard it is to kill somebody. Most weapons I will unload full clips into them and they still aren't dead. I shot a soldier in tank form with 3 of 4 thermo rockets and the guy is still alive, come on. Full clips of the neuron rifle into a scout class and hes alive, good joke. Not to mention you can't mute people quickly in game and you have to do it via the slow as fuck dashboard.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It worked for me just now.

-------

For those of you that got it from Amazon...does it have the Demolisher picture on the cover like the Best Buy one does with Jazz?

-------

Odd..Shockwave code is going for $40 on eBay. I just picked up my copy at Best Buy, tempted to put the code on eBay now.[/QUOTE]

Just worked when I tried registering with my Yahoo email (used Gmail before).

I'm guessing Shockwave is less right now because most people who preordered got it at GS for him.

[quote name='Rodimus']So, besides all this code redemption talk what are everyone's impressions on the game. I only played for 30 minutes then I had to go to work. boooooooo[/QUOTE]

The single player is really good, the two missions I did as the Decepticons had a fair amount of diversity to them. Story is great. Controls are decent as well. I played more Escalation and MP though.

Escalation gets real old, real fast. Only two maps and a handful of enemies (made it to wave 12) means there isn't a lot of variety in this mode. It has some elements of Nazi Zombies, like using energy to open doors and buy weapons, but I got to wave 12 just fine only using the default gun (Neutron Rifle). Like I said earlier, each side only has one map so if you like the Decepticons, but hate the map, too bad.

MP is great but... there aren't a lot of people playing. I played MP almost all of today, and at peak there were about 2000 people in Team DM (the most popular mode) and under 500 divided amongst the other five. The second most popular mode is Conquest, which ranged from 350 - 550 or so all day.

Deathmatch, Call to Power, Extinction, and Power Struggle all have under 100 people in them almost at all times... sometimes only 50. Like I said earlier, Team DM is definitely the most popular. Keep in mind if you're not really a fan of Team DM, the other modes will probably be graveyards in a week or two. I'm hoping the player base goes up in the coming days, maybe after people finish single player.

The demo map for MP is the worst one out of all of them, imo, the other maps are a good deal larger and vertical. I wasn't that fond of the demo but I love the full game... the other two classes add a lot.

For anyone who wanted to know, going Prime in the MP is the same thing as Prestige - you lose everything but get a special symbol next to your name (and an achievement).

IMO, what the developers needed to do was make a unique mode that *feels* like Transformers... one that lets you play as the unique, iconic characters and give you Transformers specific objectives. The MP is a blast, I like it a ton, but right now it feels like "Transforming robots do Team DM" and not "Transformers MP" i.e generic. None of the MP modes really have that "Transformer" theme, but instead feel like CoD modes with a Transformer mod on them... and it doesn't help 4 out of the 6 modes are barely being played.

I just hope they aren't planning to go the paid map pack route with this game and split the community even further... but knowing Activision, it's in the works.

Just completed chapter 1. Gotta say that I'm loving everything about this game, though there are times where your character seems too slow, but since you're a giant ass robot, I guess I'm cool with it. I'm playing on hard and I didn't have a problem with the ammo, never ran out. Just make your shots count and don't shoot everywhere.

One thing that keeps bugging me is the hover mode...how do you turn it off without having to wait for it to deplete?

Did the Gamestop preorder codes go out for anyone that preordered online? I still have yet to get mine and the game shipped.

I still have yet to get my code. If I don't get it by next week this will be going back. Maybe I will get it today.

I feel like this game really messed up one part of the story in chapter one..

they really just trampled over the first meeting between starscream and megatron.... it's like "oh you defeated my guards.... okay I'll be a decepticon now" They could have written that scene so much better.. that was supposed to be one of the most significant moments in transformer history and this game just treats it like nothing. there was more interaction between megatron and the drone autobots that you fight along the way in getting to starscream.

[quote name='Thomas96']I feel like this game really messed up one part of the story in chapter one..

they really just trampled over the first meeting between starscream and megatron.... it's like "oh you defeated my guards.... okay I'll be a decepticon now" They could have written that scene so much better.. that was supposed to be one of the most significant moments in transformer history and this game just treats it like nothing. there was more interaction between megatron and the drone autobots that you fight along the way in getting to starscream.
[/QUOTE]

Starscream saw there was no way possible he'd beat Megatron, and figured it was better for him to join him (for now) until the time was right to take over. Megatron lets him live (for now) because Starscream provides valuable resources through knowledge and combat. The scene worked for me.

He mentions in Chapter 2 that he's just biding his time until he can take over the Decepticons... he's so quick to join because he knows he can just wait for the right moment to usurp him.

In non spoiler stuff, is Steve Blum and Nolan North in every damn game now? As soon as I heard Steve Blum I said "Damn, I wonder if Nolan North is going to show up too" and sure enough he did, about 5 seconds later. Couldn't tell it was him though, but man Steve Blum sounds the same in every single voice he does.

bread's done
Back