Tribes Ascend - Open Beta - Info + CAG Game Nights

Doesnt the tac and orbital strikes clear out all the other crap too? Like the turrets and mines people like to place all over the flag stand? Thats why I use them on the flag, and in the process, usually a heavy or two standing there.

[quote name='Waughoo']Doesnt the tac and orbital strikes clear out all the other crap too? Like the turrets and mines people like to place all over the flag stand? Thats why I use them on the flag, and in the process, usually a heavy or two standing there.[/QUOTE]

That's what I use it for. If it catches cats. Then so be it!

Yes (though there are some buggy flag stands where clearing mines is damn near impossible no matter what you do), but again, that's the offense's job. Mortars and grenade launchers and spinfusors and all that. At least there are two maps with roofs over their flagstands. Again, this'll all be a non-issue soon enough 'cause of private servers.

Good games last night, Mega. I'm getting the hang of body blocking.

For a very short time (read: there are 1000 of them), you can get a code here if you sign up to their site to get the new soldier pack item (42,000 EXP value, gives 20 extra energy, can be upgraded to increase health, grenade capacity, and run speed).

[quote name='The Crotch']For a very short time (read: there are 1000 of them), you can get a code here if you sign up to their site to get the new soldier pack item (42,000 EXP value, gives 20 extra energy, can be upgraded to increase health, grenade capacity, and run speed).[/QUOTE]

Signed up and haven't gotten the confirmation email (for my gamesradar account) in many hours...they're probably out of codes by now anyway -_-

Had ISP maintenance last night so I hoped on much later than expected. LOVE the new pack :)

Servers not responding right now :( Going to play some Tribes Next while I wait :(

So that explains all the hangs I get when signing in lately.

Not that it really matters, but I did finally move my TS3 server.

Hey Crotch, remember how I was like skiing was different on Tribes before Ascend? Well, I was right the jump was a part it unlike the new game jump is rarely used.

WTB: Teammates who will kill midfield juggernauts and sentinels.

Getting tired of suiciding, going soldier, killing them, suiciding, and going back to doombringer.

EDIT: And no, I don't remember you saying that. Also, change the thread title to say "Open Beta"?

EDIT2: Sometimes I wish this game not only had voice chat, but that the opposing team could hear it. I would play a pathfinder and spend all of my time chasing enemy flag carriers yelling, "WOOP! WOOP! That's the sound of da police!"

Last edited by a moderator:
They're giving away 250 gold on their Facebook page now. Which is an awkward number, because I don't think there's anything in the game that costs 250 gold. There are some 240 gold things like the pathfinder's crossbow or the soldier's spinfusor or 24 hours of double EXP, though. I figure I'll probably take the extra EXP.

[quote name='The Crotch']They're giving away 250 gold on their Facebook page now. Which is an awkward number, because I don't think there's anything in the game that costs 250 gold. There are some 240 gold things like the pathfinder's crossbow or the soldier's spinfusor or 24 hours of double EXP, though. I figure I'll probably take the extra EXP.[/QUOTE]

http://apps.facebook.com/freegoldtribes/contests/196147

Just came from a good run. Would love to pop back in but then I would stay on for too long. I am loving that new map now.

Not sure if I like the Spinfusor - Something seems off about how it fires. I think the gun takes way too much space on the screen too. :( I did - somehow - manage to get more kills but man...that was all luck...Can't put my finger on it but something is not right about how it fires and the delay.

[quote name='the crotch']you know there's a "smaller weapons" option, oui?[/quote]

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

[quote name='The Crotch']Was removing the capital letters from my name in that quote some sort of meta-joke?[/QUOTE]

That was auto.

Well, I went over my boost period by one hour, but I did it.

75,000 EXP. I have landmines now.

EDIT: I have come from beyond the great veil to tell you the joyous word! Landmines are officially baller tier.

I've finally caught up with work from the past two weeks where a co-worker took two weeks off and I got all of his work dumped on me (about 10 minutes worth of remote work tonight to finish things up). Maybe I can spend more time on this now, although Mass Effect 3 and Tales of Graces ƒ will take up a fair amount of time once they release.

And y'know, the best way to contact me and ask me to play is probably through Steam (Draekon), AIM (Aaogan) or MSN ([email protected]). It's the three things I have open all the time and frequently see unless I'm out at a client site for work. 'Cause every time I sign on, I never see anybody. Though I did play a couple games with jengo (I think it was?) a few days ago.

God damn I love cowboy cappers.

"There was a forcefield, three mines, and an angry heavy on the stand last time I did a pass? Well... maybe it will be different this time."

I got seven forcefield kills in about five minutes last game. And it was just the one forcefield. I didn't even have to replace it or anything.

Had to put this game down due to my schedule. Just played now and it's SO MUCH BETTER. Sentinel are an actual threat now. Love the way the achievements pop now :)

Had a lot of fun but uninstalling this game. The Hirez service that I kept on putting on manual was auto starting and messing with my Desura games.

Thanks for the fun, ya'll!

Does anyone still play this game? Lately I've been spending time with it and it's been tons of fun. All for the great price of free.

Anyways, instead of just joining a random room, I'd like to roll with some sort of team.

[quote name='BrentronD']Does anyone still play this game? Lately I've been spending time with it and it's been tons of fun. All for the great price of free.

Anyways, instead of just joining a random room, I'd like to roll with some sort of team.[/QUOTE]

Did you add all of the names from the OP?

This should be bumped up once in a while....free to play now....and on Steam you can get the starter pack for $10 and get lifetime double XP + some other perks. My question - is it worth that?

Oh awesome, did not know it was on steam. Time to ReDL and log in those hours. Definitely down to play via the Steam platform. Though I've been raging a bit because of fractal grenades... I'd also prefer voice chat via Mumble as opposed to Skype.

As for the starter pack, it's really up to you. A couple good reasons would be to support Hi-Rez or if you're just plain impatient. On the flip side, working for those unlocks isn't that bad in this paytogetstufffaster model. Honestly though, even after it's been put on steam, there's really not that many people playing the game. Look on the server list and NA-West is dead and NA-East has a handful of servers with people in them. The game is definitely awesome and one of my favorites, but I don't know how it'll keep on with such a small player base.

edit: Maybe it has to do with the uncommon hours I play the game... Maybe during prime time there are better numbers.

I just bought the starter kit on Steam before the sale ended just to give the devs a little coin. I really like this game and would be playing a lot more if World of Tanks didn't have such a death grip on me!

[quote name='BrentronD']
Honestly though, even after it's been put on steam, there's really not that many people playing the game. Look on the server list and NA-West is dead and NA-East has a handful of servers with people in them. The game is definitely awesome and one of my favorites, but I don't know how it'll keep on with such a small player base.

edit: Maybe it has to do with the uncommon hours I play the game... Maybe during prime time there are better numbers.[/QUOTE]

I know this was posted a couple weeks ago, but the list of servers in the server browser does NOT include the matchmaking servers, which is what the majority of people use. There are still a lot of people still playing, and didn't want anyone browsing through this post to get the wrong impression.

Agreed. Not sure when BrentronD is getting on but I just popped in and it's heavily populated.

I've been popping in and playing this every so often. I'll admit, I suck. But I usually end up with 3 or 4 kills a game, and maybe a cap or two in CTF. The other day though I got on, I had not played in like weeks. Right off the bat get a kill on a low health Pathfinder. I'm a little low and another enemy is chasing me. I hit them like twice in a row and they die. Another low health enemy attacks from the side, I turn and 1-shot blue plate special him. I end up with 5 kills in a row before I die. After that I died a few more times, but got in a tactical strike on an enemy. I think I only died like 3 times the whole match.

After that I went back to sucking. The rest of the games I played I couldnt hit anything. It's kind of frustrating though, because I feel I'd play more if I had the permanent exp boost you get after you buy something from the store, but I really cant afford it :(

been playing it some. i think CFT needs some indoor maps so not everything is about flag routes and torrents need like a shield like the original tribes had :)

Played a little more last night. Got my Soldier's Spinfusor maxed, and about halfway on his Eagle Pistol. I had a handful of good shots, but probably still have more deaths than kills. Seems like every time I grab the flag, something stops me and I cant get any speed built up :(

bread's done
Back