Triple Play = 300MSP

Seems like I'm the only one playing Kinect for 2 hours, figured it was a good time to gold medal all the Gunstringer levels.

For the 10 hours multimedia, I'm using my one month trial of Hulu and watching TV shows since I don't have cable.

For youtube, I pulled up Happy Tree Friends on the mondo media subscription. Play the first one and it automatically loads the rest. There's 100 videos on there, so you'll easily hit the 1 hour mark before hitting the end. You can also leave it running, as long as you don't get and infinite loading bar on one of them.

For those who want too keep track of your game-playing hours, Raptr is usually pretty accurate on how much you played.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']For those who want too keep track of your game-playing hours, Raptr is usually pretty accurate on how much you played.[/QUOTE] not really because only playing online with people only count for time and raptr showes offline and online time

Does anyone know if you have to be a Netflix member at the end of the promotion? Not expecting anyone to know this but just in case I thought I'd ask?

I really hate the new Netflix app and now that Amazon is on the PS3 I'm probably going to cancel Netflix. My billing ends in a few weeks so I can easily watch the 10 hours until then but if I'm not a member at the end of the month I'd hate to have that disqualify me from this promo.

[quote name='Mugatu']Does anyone know if you have to be a Netflix member at the end of the promotion? Not expecting anyone to know this but just in case I thought I'd ask?

I really hate the new Netflix app and now that Amazon is on the PS3 I'm probably going to cancel Netflix. My billing ends in a few weeks so I can easily watch the 10 hours until then but if I'm not a member at the end of the month I'd hate to have that disqualify me from this promo.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. It just requires 10 hours. I think once you hit it you should be set. Just an estimated guess though.

2 hours of Kinect will be easy for me, I play Dance Central weekly so I'll get this in due time as well as an hour of youtube.

The 10 hour thing, would leaving the app on overnight work, or do you have to be actively using the apps to get the points?

[quote name='Geco17']Probably not. It just requires 10 hours. I think once you hit it you should be set. Just an estimated guess though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figure - I guess I'll see in about a month or whenever they tell you you got it.

[quote name='CTK']2 hours of Kinect will be easy for me, I play Dance Central weekly so I'll get this in due time as well as an hour of youtube.

The 10 hour thing, would leaving the app on overnight work, or do you have to be actively using the apps to get the points?[/QUOTE]

I think that depends - I know on apps like YouTube if you do something like watch the Gaming channel (which is what I did) it will just play videos one after another without any user intervention so that should count.

For something like Netflix though it will just play whatever you choose and then go back to the "menus" for it and I doubt that will count but who knows?

[quote name='popular penguin']For the 10 hour thing, how about listening to last.fm? You could listen to a station and walk away, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if last.fm works the same way but I listened to the iHeartRadio app and after an hour it would stop the music and it said that I was gone for an hour and was wondering if I was still there. So I had to turn my controller back on and access the music again.

So what I did was I accessed the music, turned my controller off, and after about 50-55 minutes I turned it back on and wiggled the analog stick. Then I turned it off again. I let it sit in my view so I could watch it while I was doing some work on my laptop. That was a long 10 hours :roll:

Just bought the Marvel Pinball - Vengeance and Virtue pack for 800 MSP, so that covers the "play" requirement.

Set my facebook photos to play as a slideshow for an hour while I watched a movie on my computer, so there goes the "social" requirement.

As for "entertainment", I'm watching the entire Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season on Netflix. Each episode is about 22 minutes, and there are 24 of them. That equals about 8.8 hours. So that, plus a movie will finish off the last requirement!

Hello 300 points! lol

I am doing this so I am laughing at myself as well when I write this - but it is funny just how much work we're putting into this for $3.75 of Microsoft currency.

I've been going through The Wire as of April 1st via HBO GO so I'm good on the video part, Youtube I can just hit play on a channel and let it go, Gaming I don't really have anything new that's multiplayer focused so I guess I'll spread out some Mass Effect 3 online.

God bless Bollywood and their 3+hour films, lol. 10 Entertainment hours done.

Instead of going for the 10 hours playing online, I'd rather just spend the 800msp needed on Fez next week.

1 hour YouTube, no problem.

I'm not putting much work into it, honestly. I put on a full 2 hour Guns N' Roses concert last night before I went to pick somebody up somewhere. Ended up having to wait like 45 minutes, so it streamed almost the full show when I was gone. Youtube done. I'm constantly watching shows on Netflix. I probably have 6 or so hours done on their this month. Been playing Gears of War 3 about an hour or two a night in an attempt to re-up once, so I'm at roughly 6 there as well.

The only thing out of the ordinary is the Youtube thing, which took two seconds and then I forgot about it.

Pretty solid deal, though.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I don't know if last.fm works the same way but I listened to the iHeartRadio app and after an hour it would stop the music and it said that I was gone for an hour and was wondering if I was still there. So I had to turn my controller back on and access the music again.

So what I did was I accessed the music, turned my controller off, and after about 50-55 minutes I turned it back on and wiggled the analog stick. Then I turned it off again. I let it sit in my view so I could watch it while I was doing some work on my laptop. That was a long 10 hours :roll:[/QUOTE]

If you had a play n charge kit you could have just used that. It keeps your controller on even without a battery.

On a side note, can netflix auto play? Every time I'm watching a show it always send me back to the menu.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I'm not putting much work into it, honestly. I put on a full 2 hour Guns N' Roses concert last night before I went to pick somebody up somewhere. Ended up having to wait like 45 minutes, so it streamed almost the full show when I was gone. Youtube done. I'm constantly watching shows on Netflix. I probably have 6 or so hours done on their this month. Been playing Gears of War 3 about an hour or two a night in an attempt to re-up once, so I'm at roughly 6 there as well.

The only thing out of the ordinary is the Youtube thing, which took two seconds and then I forgot about it.

Pretty solid deal, though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, exactly. I'm pretty sure I've already hit the MP requirement with the amount of Gears 3 I've played this week. Me and my girlfriend are watching Hulu and Netflix, so that 10 hours will be easy. Having YouTube run for an hour will be the "hardest" thing to do.

Has anyone successfully accomplished this goal yet? I know for a fact that ive watched 2 full seasons of initial D on crackle, left youtube on while grocery shopping,left facebook app on while running errands and im almost sure ive played 10+ hours of CoD MW3 :\

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Has anyone successfully accomplished this goal yet? I know for a fact that ive watched 2 full seasons of initial D on crackle, left youtube on while grocery shopping,left facebook app on while running errands and im almost sure ive played 10+ hours of CoD MW3 :\[/QUOTE]

I finished it yesterday. Hopefully reflects tomorrow or Friday.

Bought some DLC worth 800 MSP, watched 5 hours of Netflix 7 hours of ESPN(Left on overnight), and hour and a half of youtube(Left on while out).

It says up to 96 hour wait. I didn't get my 20 MSP pending for my survey until yesterday and I did it the 1st. So just be patient I guess!

This really needs some sort of tracker rather than hoping Microsoft realizes that we completed each phase. Seems like we are leaving it up to chance until somebody confirms that the points are pending in their account. Either way, pretty each and will accomplish it with regular habits anyway.

I played the games channel on Youtube for about 1 1/2 hrs while I did yard work.

Netflix I played (while I did other things) WWE: The new and Improved DX cause it has 3 episodes (I watched them before and pretty good show) and they are timed as follows Part 1 - 194 minutes Part 2 - 194 minutes and part 3 - 150 minutes so that is right at 9 hours and I listened to LastFM last night for over an hour. You just have to check back around 3hrs 14 minutes to start the next episode for the video.

Just need to play some multiplayer now maybe. Might not need to even do that cause I am thinking of buying the new Trials so that will be more than 800 points.

Goal 1 won't be too bad, since I'm buying Skullgirls for 1200 MSP.

Goal 2 was sort of a pain, I had to leave Last.FM on all night for a couple nights and babysit it because my internet connection kept dropping...

Goal 3 was easy as pie, I've already spent well over an hour on Facebook this week.

Hopefully this will be done on the 10th when I buy that Arcade game.

From Twitter:
Xbox LIVE Rewards ‏ @XboxLIVErewards
Getting a lot of questions on this - you DO have to keep track of your #TriplePlay hours on your own. We'll keep that in mind for next time!

WTF? way to plan this out M$.

If they ask us to prove we've done the goals then I would be pissed but it doesn't seem like that will happen

Goal #1 I did . Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April. Game titles are found here. Played kinect labs

Goal #2
. Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April: MLB app

Goal #3
Use Facebook or utube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Goal #1 I did . Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April. Game titles are found here. Played kinect labs i did 3 hours)

Goal #2
. Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April: FM I(i did 15 Hours on this )

Goal #3
Use Facebook or utube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.(i did 2 hours on this[/QUOTE]
it sucks that we cant tell if were good this deal or not

because i did the right time need for each one

[quote name='locolukah']From Twitter:
Xbox LIVE Rewards ‏ @XboxLIVErewards
Getting a lot of questions on this - you DO have to keep track of your #TriplePlay hours on your own. We'll keep that in mind for next time!

WTF? way to plan this out M$.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's annoying because you can look at your monthly stats (and their press releases) so you know they track everything you do on Live. They just didn't bother putting a counter up for the promo. They still could but I guess they won't bother.

there is obviously some counter somewhere. or a DB script they are running to pull the stats at the end of the month. it's just they didn't think ahead and provide some kind of external counter for users.

[quote name='Xuang']Easy as Pinkie Pie* Fixed

So did anyone get their points yet??[/QUOTE]

We won't get the points (or see them pending) until the promotion is over.

@XboxSupport I completed the Xbox Rewards Triple Play over 2 days ago, when will it appear as pending on the rewards page?

https://twitter.com/#!/yamayamayaamaa/status/189093942900432897

@yamayamayaamaa It will not post until the offer is completed after the end of the month. ^PS

https://twitter.com/#!/XboxSupport/status/189094853018255360

You think it matters that I used a 48 hour Xbox live code to access YouTube and crackle?
I finished my two hours of kinect and 1 hour of YouTube last night.
Once my current film finished I have to set it up with one more one hour film and I should be set. I hope its worth all the electricity I wasted.

There are 1h+ videos on youtube you can play while you go do something just to be sure you dont get screwed, search "dubstep cat" for one. I would NOT assume that the app just has to be open.

I'll buy Fez since its like 300pts off with this offer, no way am I playing MP for 10 hours. 10h of Netflix is easy since I watch way more than that each month as it is but via PS3.

I also would not assume that it is 10h combined between the apps, I would put the 10h into a single app to be safe. Xbox Rewards frequently doesnt work the way you think it does and Im sure tons of people are going to get screwed with this if they dont do it perfectly by the book. Do not assume anything.

[quote name='sir-fly']do we have to do all of those things or just 1 section of 3?[/QUOTE]

you have to do 1 in each of the 3 sections

Just a reminder that this ends soon, finish up your stuff. I'm upset that Xfinity never made the list, I've got some HBO Go or something to watch.

By the way, for the YouTube portion, you can watch season 2 of the Guild, it's like 1 hour 15 minutes.

[quote name='dragon114']can we just run the app. will that count[/QUOTE]

No one knows. I would assume that just running the app would count, but personally I wouldn't take the chance. They might require you to be actually using it (streaming).

[quote name='Fitzed']Going to finish my 10-hours iHeartRadio listening this weekend :)[/QUOTE]

Be careful with iHeartRadio. It will stop streaming when you are idle for over an hour I believe.

Crackle is a good choice for those that still need to do the streaming tasks.

The tv shows that I've tried will continuously play over and over again. Try Jackie Chan. There are also some movies on there that will be an hour or 2 if want to do that.

For YouTube, it's pretty easy. There are lots of full movies on there.

As far as Kinect games, I did Double Fine's Happy Action Theater. It will keep playing all the games over and over again without anyone playing or being in front of the Kinect.

[quote name='MrPiggles']You actually only need 1 hour of youtube, and 10 hours of other entertainment apps[/QUOTE]

Lol

[quote name='MrPiggles']You actually only need 1 hour of youtube, and 10 hours of other entertainment apps[/QUOTE]

Huh, must of misread that. Well I just turned it on and went to sleep anyway so it's cool.

[quote name='Flame Killa']Huh, must of misread that. Well I just turned it on and went to sleep anyway so it's cool.[/QUOTE]
Don'tforget you still need 10 hrs of entertainment if you haven't done it yet.:cry:

[quote name='Pirate331']Last.fm for entertainment... though it'll stop playing after an hour or so of inactivity, like Pandora does.[/QUOTE]

Wait so if it goes inactive it won't count? Even if the app is still up and running for 10 hours? Cause if so then I'm screwed.

I hope Rock Band tracks count for step 1, I've been watching Netflix all day, YouTube next. Not even sure it's worth it to start this late in the month for a couple more RB songs. Tomorrows the last day.

bread's done
Back