TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZeTeny']I usually add the gas fee when buying something from someone. However. when they were planning to go in the first place, then isn't the gas a given? When I sell stuff, if I were to go in the first place, I take the gas fee out. I just charge them the price+tax (as well as shipping if they require).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Not everyone. I'm glad the guy from York PA that was in the store before me left some copies of sc2. I left the last copy for another lucky sole.[/QUOTE]
Sorta, and true, but you know the Steam trading thread is going to mysteriously be full of copies of these games for $15-20 in a day or two. Might as well be honest about things, lol. :lol:

In any case, I appreciate the resellers, because I live on an ozark little island with no TRUs at all. I'm happy to pay a couple extra bucks to make it worth the other guy's time too. I understand why that sort of thing rubs people the wrong way though.

Went to my local tru in Santee CA before work today and everything was gone with the exception of a battlefield 3 copy and some Sims 3 expansions oh well maybe next time. Thanks for posting the awesome find anyways OP

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wish this was in an ad so I could PM to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I bet, who wouldn't want that? This is clearance!

Picked up the last copy of Skyrim at the TRU in Pinole, CA. There were still multiple copies of AC:R, Sims expansions, and Battlefield 3. Was hoping for D3.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sorta, and true, but you know the Steam trading thread is going to mysteriously be full of copies of these games for $15-20 in a day or two. Might as well be honest about things, lol. :lol:

In any case, I appreciate the resellers, because I live on an ozark little island with no TRUs at all. I'm happy to pay a couple extra bucks to make it worth the other guy's time too. I understand why that sort of thing rubs people the wrong way though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a couple of extra bucks, but double the cost and not including shipping? That's a bit much. I'm willing to pay $10+tax (dependent on what their tax was) as well as an extra $5 for the trouble. I just want the CD key, they can keep or throw away the box and its contents.

So I picked up Skyrim, MW3, and Starcraft 2 from the Northborough, MA TRU.

I got the last copy of MW3 I believe. I didn't see Diablo 3. They had tons of copies of Starcraft 2 and BF3. Tons of Sims. Only one or two copies of Skyrim and Brotherhood. 5 or 6 Batman. 1 Rage.

The sale was not advertised. Just like everyone else I went up the counter and they all came up as $10.

[quote name='slainviper']My store just had some World of Warcraft. Basically no PC section.[/QUOTE]

It took me 10 minutes to find the little PC section.

Wifey went to the TRU at Evansville, IN and they had MW3, BF3, Arkham City, AssCreedRev and a couple of Sims 3 games. (grabbed the last MW3 and AC Rev)

The salesperson told her that the games had been reduced since Sept 1st (sounds weird to me, but who knows)

[quote name='ZeTeny']Yeah, a couple of extra bucks, but double the cost and not including shipping? That's a bit much. I'm willing to pay $10+tax (dependent on what their tax was) as well as an extra $5 for the trouble. I just want the CD key, they can keep or throw away the box and its contents.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a CAG named Aerc was kind enough to sell me his MW3 for $15. $20 is a bit high, but considering the cheapest some of these games have ever been has been $25 or so... I dunno. Worth it to some people I guess, whether it makes some people angry.

I don't think anyone here is shipping stuff though. The handful of people I talked to/haggled with are just selling the key, which works fine.

[quote name='twztid13']This. Ill pay gratuity if someone can grab me a copy :).[/QUOTE]
Theres 2 people on this thread selling their copies for $20 each, just a fyi.

Wife works close to two TRUs (South County St. Louis). She stopped by one and it had AC, Sims Pets and Ambitions, and SC2. The other store was a little strange, they didn't have the games on the shelves. My wife had to ask someone and they told her they had BF3 and AC.

I was looking for Skyrim, MW3 and SC2 (which the first place had, but I decided to skip).

Color me skeptical, but I may go look for myself tomorrow. I dislike going into Toys R Us though, especially empty handed (which is often because it's a sucky store) because it's almost depressing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, a CAG named Aerc was kind enough to sell me his MW3 for $15. $20 is a bit high, but considering the cheapest some of these games have ever been has been $25 or so... I dunno. Worth it to some people I guess, whether it makes some people angry.

I don't think anyone here is shipping stuff though. The handful of people I talked to/haggled with are just selling the key, which works fine.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I PM'ed Aerc not that long ago asking about his SC2 copy, but he didn't reply. I'm still hoping this one fellow CAG that said he was going to help me is able to get a copy.

[quote name='Umair56']Has anyone been able to pick up Diablo 3? Getting the feeling that TRU doesn't even keep many copies of that stocked.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If you go back a few pages, I posted a pic of it.

REPOST!
60138_10151075819821586_896896822_n.jpg

[quote name='MysterD']Yep. If you go back a few pages, I posted a pic of it.

REPOST!
60138_10151075819821586_896896822_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok, great! I'll have to check the Auburn, MA TRU tomorrow then.

Eh, went to check it out and there was nothing left but WOW Cataclysm, AC:R, and Batman AC none of which are especially good deals. C'est la vie.

[quote name='Umair56']Ok, great! I'll have to check the Auburn, MA TRU tomorrow then.[/QUOTE]

Good luck & best wishes finding it!

TRU in Kingston, MA did have 1 more copy of SC2 and 1 more D3, when I left (around 1-something PM)...
They also had like 3 copies of MW3, before I left....

Not sure how far or close that is to you, but yeah - if it's near you, you might wanna give them a call and see if they still have some D3 laying around!

[quote name='Ghostrain']You're all welcome![/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Also I dont think this has been posted anywhere, which I'm very very surprised

[quote name='Idiotekque']Battlefield 3 was just $10 on Origin, so that's not an incredible deal. Best Buy has had ToR at $10 too, but only once IIRC. ACR and the Sims 3 stuff has hit a little above $10 multiple times. They're all worth it at $10, in any case.[/quote]
Only thing is - some people might want to be lazy and be glad to have the game provided to be on disc already, like in the old days when we bought all of our games from Retail.

SC2, D3, Skyrim, and MW3 are the crazy deals here.
Absolutely. Those are the jaw-dropping deals here.

I've never seen any of those ever so damn dirt-cheap. Not even close - digitally or at retail.
Well...MW3 was $20 last week at BB, but $10 is just even better. :p

[quote name='cynicalaa22']This is seriously NOT the place to be selling this shit. If we're on a thread about these games being $10, and you're offering them for $20, you're not a nice guy. Sell them on Craigslist, eBay, or Amazon, but don't try to swindle us.[/QUOTE]

He's not a nice guy, but some people in the thread will still pay $20 for the game rather than not have it at all, and I wouldn't want to deprive these people of the opportunity.

[quote name='MysterD']Only thing is - some people might want to be lazy and be glad to have the game provided to be on disc already, like in the old days when we bought all of out games from Retail.[/QUOTE]
True, I'd prefer to have Skyrim physically because I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on the 360 physically too. It's still nice to have physical copies.

[quote name='MysterD']Absolutely. Those are the jaw-dropping deals here.

I've never seen any of those ever so damn dirt-cheap. Not even close - digitally or at retail.
Well...MW3 was $20 last week at BB, but $10 is just even better. :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't see MW3 hitting under $20 anytime soon. I'd bet money that it'll be $25 again in the Steam Winter sale, lol.

Picked up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

I would love to trade it for Diablo 3 or Skyrim. PM me if interested.

(Oh, and while we're all alerting others as to stock at the various outlets, my Kennewick, WA had two copies of Batman: Arkham City, two Battlefield 3, two Sims 3, and a few Sims 3 expansions.)

Just went to my toys r us, the worker told me that they got rid of them. Didn't even elaborate just got rid of them. Weird, I was really bummed that they didn't have any :(. Hopefully a store near me has copies of SC2 or Diablo 3 (Such an awesome game).

[quote name='Idiotekque']True, I'd prefer to have Skyrim physically because I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on the 360 physically too. It's still nice to have physical copies.[/quote]
Only thing is - in old days, you only needed to back-up the patches on an extra disc or another HDD.

With Steam-required games is - well, you can back the entire game up in its newest version at that that time you back it up.
They don't offer separate small patches - you have to back up the whole game.

Yeah, I don't see MW3 hitting under $20 anytime soon. I'd bet money that it'll be $25 again in the Steam Winter sale, lol.
Same.
Hell, I ain't even seen COD: Black Ops 1 for the PC hit $10 yet....

[quote name='Ghostrain']You're all welcome![/QUOTE]

Thanks bro. Good lookin out.

On another note: if anyone's interested, ill trade MW3 for Skyrim! PM me.

South St. Louis County had the games under the counter, is TRU wanting the games to not sell? Either penny them out like GS does and destroy them or leave them on the shelf to sell.

Anyway all they had left were a bunch of Sims 3 expansions, Batman: AC, a couple of WoW Battlechests, and one copy each of SW: TOR and Battlefield 3.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']So.....

How many of you guys turned down the protection plan offer at the register?

:D[/QUOTE]
ME!

Like I told them - Battle.Net and Steam allow for FREE re-downloads, once the games are actually tied to your account.
Plus, you can back up your games yourself to discs or another hard drive, if necessary.

went to tru in vineland nj and got sc2 and bf3, few copies of both left plus some sims expansions and acr. Got $20 here for anyone looking to get rid of diablo 3!!!

[quote name='MSUHitman']South St. Louis County had the games under the counter, is TRU wanting the games to not sell? Either penny them out like GS does and destroy them or leave them on the shelf to sell.
[/QUOTE]

Right. I thought that was so odd.

Did anyone else notice that some of these are online as well (Revelations, Arkham City, Rage, BF3)? No Skyrim/SC2/Diablo 3/MW3, but if you want those other games, you can just have them shipped to you.

Just got back from my Toys R Us. Ask if they have any PC games! I didn't see any on the floor, but was directed to a shopping cart of goodness just behind the register. Thanks for the heads up!

A couple of things...

1. Thanks to the OP, I scored Starcraft II.

2. Everyone check out the "clearance " section on the Toys R Us website: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3999924 I noticed that Rage for the PS3 was $10 as well in store, it's the same price on their site, but there's shipping.

3. Other games that were on the shelf for $10 were the Pop Cap: The Greatest Hits, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Rage.

4. Also, I hit the Super K-Mart going out of town, and found the "Urban Camo" DualShock 3 PS3 Controller for $20 on their clearance shelf, along with other charger stands and stuff. I've included pics.

5. The UPC code for Starcraft 2 was actually for Starcarft Battle Chest (just found that interesting). I checked against the box, they didn't match at all, but it still rang up $10.

Pics: http://postimage.org/gallery/755l7fqg/e246212d/

[quote name='MysterD']Hell, I ain't even seen COD: Black Ops 1 for the PC hit $10 yet....[/QUOTE]
Holding out for that in the next Amazon sale! Tony specifically mentioned he was working on a CoD sale, and seeing as they always go on sale for crappy prices on Amazon, my fingers are crossed that he's working on better prices this time.

I just hope there isn't a bundle of like, all the CoD games for $30-35. >_> I'll be very depressed for buying MW3 alone if so, lol.

Found some WOW expansion, rage, COD, Batman AC and BF3 at Southfield and Novi, MI. Picked up MW3. No Skyrim, SC2 but in a mess of a clearance bin.

For those of you charging $20 for your extra copies, you should know that those copies you took off the shelf could have very well been purchased by a fellow CAG had you left them there, someone like me who drove for an hour to get there. I only want a SkyRim code, for $20 you should be willing to mail the box to them! Stracraft II was an amazing deal, cause it's not likely to drop for years, until it gets it's own "Battle Chest" and because it's not "Steamable", but I know Skyrim will eventually drop to 75% off, and I can wait, but had my Toy R Us a copy of it on the shelf for $10, I would have bought it. So....anyone with an extra copy willing to send the code for $11. I'm not gonna pay you for gas, you went to get games for yourself any damn way. And trying to screw out other CAG's for a profit, regardless of how you justify it is stupid.

I have a copy of Starcraft 2 AND Skyrim. I am willing to trade BOTH TOGETHER for a copy of Diablo 3. Please let me know if anyone wants to trade.

So it looks like Starcraft 2 is one of the harder ones to find. I actually couldn't even locate it on the site...

Going to head to TRU tomorrow (maybe 2 different stores if I can) and do everything in my power to find SC2.

At 10 bucks, that is a steal!

[quote name='ZeTeny']Hmm, I PM'ed Aerc not that long ago asking about his SC2 copy, but he didn't reply. I'm still hoping this one fellow CAG that said he was going to help me is able to get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Pm'd you about a copy of sc2, leaving the store in 2 mins.

[quote name='dyne22']Just checked Norman, OK TRU. Still copies of mainly AC:revelations and Batman:AC. Think they also had mists of pandaria. No MW3, no SC2, and i picked up the last copy of D3.
Thanks a bunch OP![/QUOTE]

Oh, come on. There were no copies of D3 there at 6pm. You must have beaten me there by just a bit.

bread's done
Back