TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sayzeem']
8049569558_a2e1e2bbbb.jpg

I went to a TRU in Chicago (IL) that had a horrendously decrepit gaming section. I also saw Arkham City, Rage, BF3, AC: Revelations, Sims 3 Ambitions, and Sims 3 Pets.[/QUOTE]
Wow, a CAGIT already in the hoarding, flipping and bragging business

Were he getting them and selling the keys to all of us for like $15 MAX I would be fine with that.

I worry however that is not the case.

Which one in Chicago may I ask? I want to know so I do not even bother checking that location tomorrow : /

Damn it...why am I just seeing this thread now???
I gotta stop by every Toys R Us on the way to class tomorrow...

[quote name='BrolyB593']Were he getting them and selling the keys to all of us for like $15 MAX I would be fine with that.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Minkyboi']Damn it...why am I just seeing this thread now???
I gotta stop by every Toys R Us on the way to class tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

I am honestly thinking about doin' that too lol. But I'll go after

[quote name='BrolyB593']Were he getting them and selling the keys to all of us for like $15 MAX I would be fine with that.

I worry however that is not the case.

Which one in Chicago may I ask? I want to know so I do not even bother checking that location tomorrow : /[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's the problem. It was posted on CAG's forum, and CAG's can't even get in on the deal, cause one person buys every damned copy, and then claims that selling it for 200% or even 150% is a "service" for the theoretical CAG's who live too far away. Screw the people who are going out of their way to go to their local TRU, haven't we already had a guy in this thread identify a store, only to have another one say that he went there at 6:00 and there was nothing, and must have just missed him? Way to show the "community" spirit guys.

[quote name='sayzeem']
8049569558_a2e1e2bbbb.jpg

I went to a TRU in Chicago (IL) that had a horrendously decrepit gaming section. I also saw Arkham City, Rage, BF3, AC: Revelations, Sims 3 Ambitions, and Sims 3 Pets.[/QUOTE]

C'mon guys, he's got a Bachelor's in Environmental Science... he has no choice but to flip.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Were he getting them and selling the keys to all of us for like $15 MAX I would be fine with that.

I worry however that is not the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, however, it is a way for them to get money. Everybody has their own way of getting money. But its the way they show/brag about it that gets me annoyed and screw me out of getting one. However, I am glad that we have people like Aerc, bwrobins, and plus1zero willing to sell it to fellow CAGs and doesn't charge at an extortionate price.

I sometimes think of joining the flipping business, but I'm just too busy/lazy.

Just a FYI for people in Colorado. 2 of the TRU here (Park Meadows and Westminster) have nothing but WoW. Whereas the Mississippi one only has Rage, Batman, and Assassins Creed.

[quote name='MC Kage']I am honestly thinking about doin' that too lol. But I'll go after[/QUOTE]

I would too but I don't get out until 10PM :cry:

Still looking for Diablo III, i can do 15$ Paypal, Amazon GC or maybe we can make a deal for some stuff from on my Steam inventory, no shipping needed i just want the code. If anybody finds some extra copy just let me know with a PM.

Now guys don't assume anything, they're probably for all 14 of his computers that he plays at the same time, I mean, that would make the most sense.

[quote name='Dijital']Id also lile to buy a copy of Skyrim for PC offering $15 shipped or PM me and we can try to work something out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KittenSmasher91']Desperation. I going to my tru tomorrow in hopes to find skyrim. However, if I can't find it. I'll gladly do 15 plus whatever it costs to ship through PayPal. I know my accounts new, that's how desperate I am for skyrim. Lol[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up to you guys, people are generally selling the KEY for $15, not the physical copy shipped. You pay, they PM you the key, and you activate it on Steam (or Battle.Net for D3 and SC2).

[quote name='BrolyB593']
Which one in Chicago may I ask? I want to know so I do not even bother checking that location tomorrow : /[/QUOTE]

3300 N. Western. I hoarded Starcraft but they do still have other stuff left.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize to all of you. I didn't realize that was considered rude here. I'll be more mindful in the future. Let me figure out how to use the marketplace here, and I'll put up the extra keys there.

edit: It's up on the marketplace.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Now guys don't assume anything, they're probably for all 14 of his computers that he plays at the same time, I mean, that would make the most sense.[/QUOTE]

Or he's a prospective small business owner starting a small Lan cafe

[quote name='sayzeem']3300 N. Western. I hoarded Starcraft but they do still have other stuff left.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize to all of you. I didn't realize that was considered rude here. I'll be more mindful in the future. Let me figure out how to use the marketplace here, and I'll put up the extra keys there.

edit: It's up on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Good on you, bro. Lots of people hoard, but advertising that fact is gonna piss some people off. ;)

Don't worry too much.

[quote name='sayzeem']3300 N. Western. I hoarded Starcraft but they do still have other stuff left.

edit: It's up on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

At least you're honest about it, and didn't use any excuses. That's better than what some people do..

[quote name='sunghost']At least you're honest about it, and didn't use any excuses. That's better than what some people do..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I shall check out his spare copies if I have no luck tomorrow at my secondary TRU locations.

Has anyone from Orlando been to any stores? I'm going to hit one this morning but debating on trying the few others around town. I'm only looking for SC2.

Toys R Us in Clay, NY has a couple copies of Arkham City for $10 in their clearance bin. They had the Starcraft Chest for $10, but no SCII unfortunately.

just picked up 5 copies of diablo 3, 2 sc2, 4 mw3, and a copy of skyrim. wooooooo selling them on ebay for $20 a pop

[quote name='Twitter']just picked up 5 copies of diablo 3, 2 sc2, 4 mw3, and a copy of skyrim. wooooooo selling them on ebay for $20 a pop[/QUOTE]

now your trolling good job

I've got an extra SC2 if someone wants to trade for a Sims or something.

Also grabbed up a copy for myself and BF3, figured it was about time and I'd rather a physical copy then an Origin copy.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I've got an extra SC2 if someone wants to trade for a Sims or something.

Also grabbed up a copy for myself and BF3, figured it was about time and I'd rather a physical copy then an Origin copy.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

[quote name='Twitter']just picked up 5 copies of diablo 3, 2 sc2, 4 mw3, and a copy of skyrim. wooooooo selling them on ebay for $20 a pop[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Twitter's mom and selling her for on Craigslist for $20 a pop :whistle2:\"

If any CAG is in the area, I can get you the "friend's discount."

Oh, and I got SC2, Diablo 3 was out. :lol:

Does anyone have the SKN for Diablo?

EDIT: Nevermind. Only one showing in-stock is over an hour away. Not worth the time and gas...

Is the price adjusted because of the sticker or does it automatically ring up i called dude said they weren't on sale just seeing if it is worth the trip

Here's to hoping the hoarder CAG's in the Muncy, PA area didn't ruin this already! Hoping I can find Skyrim or MW3... Ill let you guys know what I find!

Wow people selling their $10 copies for 20...tisk tisk. Like others have said if you don't want it just leave it...sheesh. Unless you know somebody you're definitely trading with just leave it there for another CAG or maybe a family who doesn't have much money or something like that.

ANYWAY, my TRU got rid of most of it's PC games years ago. They keep a few around but the section is basically the last maybe 1/6 of an aisle.

[quote name='sp00ge']Does anyone have the SKN for Diablo?

EDIT: Nevermind. Only one showing in-stock is over an hour away. Not worth the time and gas...[/QUOTE]

How did you find that out? I have another TRU in my area I wanted to find D3 in but want to check if it's worth the drive...

[quote name='crisicola']How did you find that out? I have another TRU in my area I wanted to find D3 in but want to check if it's worth the drive...[/QUOTE]

Same question.

Also, I'd love to buy a Diablo 3 code if anyone has one.

Scored a copy of Skyrim in Utica NY, wasn't on my radar but the price is right.

They had a few copies of AC Rev, Battlefield 3, SC Battlechest and 2 and Skyrim left as of 5:30 yesterday.

Thanks OP

[quote name='gilby']Same question.

Also, I'd love to buy a Diablo 3 code if anyone has one.[/QUOTE]

Dont know how accurate it is but here - Google Shopping - Diablo 3 - towards the middle, search for stores nearby...

It listed my local Toys having D3 OOS, but Skyrim, and SC2 in stock... I'll go check it out...

If you are having issues with the regular Google shopping Site not listing toys r us (like myself), the mobile shopping Site lists it..

I'd gladly buy a Starcraft 2 key via PayPal, but I'm going to head to my local store first. If they have any extras of the popular games I will buy everything they have and sell them at cost here (plus like a dollar for gas). I'll update this in a couple hours

bread's done
Back