TRU Black Friday Ad leaked! 5pm Thanksgiving!

Man we really need to start boycotting Thanksgiving day events, they are getting out of hand... I mean it was bad enough when they started at 8pm but now they're creeping to 5pm so what's next?
Think about all those employees that have to go in at 3 or 4 to get ready. What kind of thanksgiving is this?

isnt halo 3 like 6$ at gamestop ? epic fail tru lol. if you are going to include a old gh game at least include 3 more at least. even then that would suck smh
Most of those are set by the company, so Microsoft said this game can be free and we will reimburse you for it. So yes, the game they gave gold members for free, and is basically the cheapest now is free from them again. GG Microsoft.

Wow I'm suprised so many of you are against them opening up at 5. But perhaps that's because holidays don't mean anything to me and are just a normal day. I'd gladly take someones job spot if they didn't want to work holidays.

I'll probably head over there and pick up Swap Force for 3DS. Infinity was of no interest to me before but for that price I might pick it up and give it a try.  

Wow I'm suprised so many of you are against them opening up at 5. But perhaps that's because holidays don't mean anything to me and are just a normal day. I'd gladly take someones job spot if they didn't want to work holidays.
This except one day that I do want to celebrate that is not observed here.

I just moved to Boston and was discussing with a GameStop manager about stores opening on Thanksgiving day.

According to him... those stores take a heavy heavy fine from the state for opening on a holiday.

So... will TRUs be open in Massachusettes?

I just moved to Boston and was discussing with a GameStop manager about stores opening on Thanksgiving day.

According to him... those stores take a heavy heavy fine from the state for opening on a holiday.

So... will TRUs be open in Massachusettes?
Not every state opens at the same time. I'd say it's a YMMV. I remember a few years ago for sure that certain locations of certain stores opened at different times. I just don't remember which store it was.

I work at TRU on BF, it is mandatory and it's a 12+ hour shift. My issue is not being able to see my whole family together, my family gets together at 5 P.M and eats between 6-7 (Watches Football, board games etc.). It bothers me cause it's one of the few times my family is together at once and by the time I get out everyone will have left and I'll be microwaving cold food.. These stores are getting out of hand, I remember when sales started at 5 A.M! On FRIDAY!

They get paid over time, they have kids and Xmas drains you, or just food, foods good.
As a general rule they don't get overtime for working a holiday and since most are temp they don't even get holiday pay. Yeah they get a wage but shouldn't have to give up quality family time to make sure some clueless kid gets a video game deal.

Meh, kind of lackluster if you ask me. No specific game deals is disappointing

At least I can cross TRU off the list of places to go

If they dont want to give up that 'quality time' that only happens 'once a year' then dont...if your family only has time for each other once a year then yea its really not that important to anyone...and get another freakin retail job...as a useless no skill high school/college kid I was able to get a retail job every single place i applied, these retail jobs especially at the holiday seasons are as easy to get as a candy bar...what the heck is wrong with you people?

TRU usually has 12+ hour shifts for Black Friday. It does seems stupid to close for some of the day but still open when many people would be eating dinner on a holiday that is entirely about said dinner. And it's not like it's the kind of business that is vital like some jobs that require holiday work.
I work at TRU & this year all employees get a 9 hour shift. At least at my store, I have no idea if it's different at other locations.

The dumbest part is that most of these "sales" aren't even THAT amazing for people to line up for hours. even if you are saving 50/100 bucks. Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they dont want to give up that 'quality time' that only happens 'once a year' then dont...if your family only has time for each other once a year then yea its really not that important to anyone...and get another freakin retail job...as a useless no skill high school/college kid I was able to get a retail job every single place i applied, these retail jobs especially at the holiday seasons are as easy to get as a candy bar...what the heck is wrong with you people?
sounds like you are a kid without bills and dont need the money... when you grow up and become an adult come talk to me. I like how you generalize all retail employees and the economy in general. Im sure there are store managers and supervisors who have wives/husbands and kids who are going to miss out on spending it with their family because a bunch of ****ing retards want to shop on thanksgiving

after the walmart snafu BF prices are underwhelming :)

only thing great for me would be combining the 10 back on 75 spent with the skylanders deal and some other characters. that would bring the price down well.

bread's done
Back