TRU has Wiis! (12/21)

LunaticPuma

CAGiversary!
Those of you waiting for 12/22 to camp TRU for a Wii should call or go straight to your local TRU now!

I just got back while going out to pick up Viva Pinata from BB and decided to stop by and scope out the TRU situation for tomorrow. They were selling them right when I got there. The guy wouldn't say how many he had, only that they would sell out by the end of the day! They are not holding shipments for tomorrow. Go now!

[quote name='plastikpyro']can anyone in Socal confirm this? I about to leave work to go see if this is true.[/QUOTE]

I can more or less confirm that SoCal stores will get and sell them today. However it is just a matter of when.

http://www7.toysrus.com/Investor/pr/121806.html

From the sounds of it, it looks like the delivery trucks are getting Wii's to TRU's today and they are selling them as soon as they get them. You just gotta know what time your local TRU is getting a visit from the trucks.

My TRU had PS3's too, but I don't know what kind since I wasn't interested. They were holding everything in the back so you had to ask the clerks.

[quote name='plastikpyro']can anyone in Socal confirm this? I about to leave work to go see if this is true.[/quote]

Confirmed in at my TRU.

[quote name='plastikpyro']which location Jedi? thanx[/quote]

Mission Viejo.

My mom was able to get one to give to her brother. Don't know how many more they have left, so you beter leave now.

Confirmed in Pleasant Hill, CA. Picked up the last one today (of 20 or so), but the employee expected at least one or two more cases for tomorrow morning.

And FYI- this TRU wouldn't confirm them in stock over the phone. In-store only, so it may be worthwhile to actually go in to check.

Damn I checked with the TRU in Overland Park KS this morning at 11:00AM and nothing. I bet they probably got the units in shortly after I was there!

Nothing in Hialeah, FL. But if anyone in the South Florida area bags one, please let me know!

Alright. TRU in Rockville, MD doesn't have any in stock today, but will have 'em tomorrow. Funny thing is that I ran to someone I know from highschool. We talked and he told that he'll probably be able to save me one, so hopefully, I'll be able to have some wii action tomorrow ^^

I was just at the swansea, MA toys r us and landed one. They weren't selling them in bundles. North Dartmouth, MA hadn't gotten them yet. The swansea one didn't have any signs/coupons for pick up saying they had them. I just waited in line for it. They had sold 6 of them in about 2 hours, and said they had a bunch left.

Just to clear things up, all TRU's should/would be getting shipments of Wii the week of December 18th (this week)

Nowhere in the TRU press release does it say that TRU's will be getting Wii's December 22nd. It only mentions that TRU's nationwide will be open until midnight December 22nd/23rd, which isn't true because that decision is chosen by the district.

Our TRU got in 36 Wii's Sunday/Monday, so regardless of when they come, some TRU's might get their Wii's anytime this week. Don't hold your breath for Friday.

You dedicated CAG'ers never fail me :D

I saw this post and was headed into town anyway... so I decided to stop by Toy's R Us and ask 'em if they'd be getting anymore tomorrow. So I went up to the cashier, said "do you have any Wii's?" She shook her head, and I asked her when she thought they might be getting some in. She says to me, and I kid you not: "He (she points at the guy near to us) just has to go get them from the back." My jaw dropped, and I was totally confused. But sure enough, I walked out of Toy's R Us at about 1:45 with a brand new Wii.

I waited for 4 hours in the cold at Circuit City and was 11th on line only to find out they had six- I walked into Toys R' Us in the middle of the day and walked out with a Wii. So before I go and play my shiny new console, I just want to tell you guys, YOU ROCK. This is the best fucking site ever.

Just got my dad a wii, his first game console ever. He played Trauma Center at my dorm before i came back from college and told my mom thats what he wanted for christmas. I ran out and got the second to last one...thanks OP and thanks everyone else yall helped me get a very skilled real life surgeon hooked on a video game lol.

I am not even trying. The Tuesday I went for Final Fantasy 3 my toys r us was such a zoo. If mine even got some, they would be gone before I can even get to the front of the line in R Zone.

The Toys R Us here in Hawaii got a shipment in yesterday and sold out of all of them immediately.

I was going to camp out again if they were all coming in on the 22nd... but nevermind...

Anyone heard if any stores are getting shipments in before Christmas?

I've heard a few people say their B&M TRU stores didn't get the Wii's and won;t until tomorrow. Anyone visit any of the Kansas City Missouri TRU stores today? I stopped at the store in Overland Park KS this morning (11:00AM) and they had nothing. I'm wondering if they got them today and sold out or if I have a shot getting them tomorrow?

I called the Kansas City MO store this afternoon. They said they didn't get any today and coudn't confirm or deny the rumor they would have some in the morning.

so if any of the TRU's got them in last sunday but not today, does that mean that there is still a chance that they could restock by the weekend (tomorrow)

i would imagine there is a good chance...and my toys r us i just got mine at, didn't even try to force a bundle. They just brought the system from the back out.

Peoria, IL got 15 today and several Playstation 3s as well.

Unfortunatly they sold all the 20GB PS3s and Wiis before I got there. I thought about getting a 60GB, but I don't have Wifi so it's kind of a ripoff.

[quote name='asianxcore']Just to clear things up, all TRU's should/would be getting shipments of Wii the week of December 18th (this week)

Nowhere in the TRU press release does it say that TRU's will be getting Wii's December 22nd. It only mentions that TRU's nationwide will be open until midnight December 22nd/23rd, which isn't true because that decision is chosen by the district.

Our TRU got in 36 Wii's Sunday/Monday, so regardless of when they come, some TRU's might get their Wii's anytime this week. Don't hold your breath for Friday.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about how people got the 22nd...though a post at the Wii Seeker site said that the stores received the shipment and were supposed to hold them until tomorrow, but received that note a little late. So yeah, it'll be a big YMMV if your store has any come tomorrow. Wish I knew about this...I passed my TRU earlier, but didn't bother going in, what with the huge crowd of parents trying to find something. I hate living in the D/FW area. :S

bread's done
Back